Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PBR Recent Happenings Thread

Default So...incredibly...unfair

I was fighting on the Courtyard Colosseum for the first time after completing Pokemon Battle Revolution the first time 'round. Now, I didn't know that is was a 100 Man KnockOut Battle or the other new rules to it. So I just tried to go as far as I could. After much semi-yelling, whining, and bad luck with the roulette wheel... I manage to make it to the 35th battle. After their second to last pokemon killed my second to last(and dieing in the process), I had to send out my Porygon-Z. Porygon-Z knows Tri-Attack, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Recover. The pokemon they sent out was a Shedinja..................I fell out off my chair and whined on the floor for about 5 minutes or so before pressing the button to forfeit.

I have one thing to ask you... WHY, WHY A SHEDINJA?! Dx

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

Well... this is my first time to post on this part of the forum.

Anyways, so I got PBR about 3 days ago and I just completed the game yesterday. I decided to take on the 100-man survival knckout battle challenge in the Courtyard Colosseum. Oh man... I was on such a good winning streak until my opponent knocked me out with too many critical hits from Hariyama's Vital Throw. I wasn't getting lucky with the roulette for the past few battles so I had only 3 Pokemon left (with 2 being very weak to fighting-type attacks)... *sighs* I was just 24 battles away to victory (as well as 10,000 pokecoupons)!!! Yes, I was on my 76th battle... and after that loss, it all went downhill from there. T~T And besides that, I happened to have my first wi-fi battle on this game with my best buddy (known as Foxy-Sama on here)... and we pretty much had an even amount of wins. It was fun... especially when this whole game's on 3-D, too. Lastly, of course, after the completion of the game, I transferred the surfing Pikachus to my Diamond and Platinum versions. :]

Ugh... I'm probably thinking of using an empty PBR file for my Platinum game, since I figured that I can't copy Pokemon from that game because I already used my Diamond version to copy Pokemon (and this also means that I'll have 2 PBR FCs... but will probably use the newer FC because of my Platinum pokemon I'm willing to use in battle). I'm still not going to use any of my legendaries just yet.

Current Battling Team:
    - SilverMist [Froslass] | level 100
    - TerrorRex [Tyranitar] | level 100
    - Dracofyria [Salamence] | level 100
    - ~Lunar~ [Umbreon*] | level 100
    - Garchomp | level 100
    - NurseLucky [Blissey*] | level 100

* = shiny

Blessed with Farore's courage, the Spirit of the Hero lives on.

Trinity League: Psychic Gym Leader & Resort Manager (Wi-fi UU)
    The Eternian Forces: Harena Region's Merchant

The Legend of Zelda Club | Sailor Moon Club | The Mystics Club
    Badge Progress | Banner Credit | Xat Avatar Credit | Rawr~ <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zameric View Post
    I had to send out my Porygon-Z. Porygon-Z knows Tri-Attack, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Recover. The pokemon they sent out was a Shedinja..................I fell out off my chair and whined on the floor for about 5 minutes or so before pressing the button to forfeit.
    You could have tried to out stall it until it struggled, but that might not have worked if it had more PP.

Well, this morning I finished my first "official" PBR doubles Wi-Fi team, so I've been using it alot today. I did around 7 battles on Wi-Fi along w/ 3 runs through different colloseums. It won me 5/7 Wifi battles, but the 2 it lost on were fully Uber teams. Needless to say, it wasn't that fair. The first one was close, the second, not so much. The second, it was a Darkrai and Kyogre versus my Bronzong and T-tar. My team is meant for Trick Room, so I got owned with it's Dark Void/Water Spot combo. Not very fair. I just can't stand Ubers, but I won't go further with it.

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

Well, I took my Darkrai for a spin, and I found out just why he is an Uber. o.O Vinny didn't seem like he'd do so much damage, he's Jolly and all that, well, I did extremely well on Wi-Fi. I dunno whether or not I had bad luck with opponenets or what. I fought a couple all-Uber teams, and decimated them both.

The one team I fought was mostly Psychic types so naturally I send Vinny and Kaoru out being they're both Dark types, and my opponent was using Psychic and Fire types, this wasn't an all-Uber team, anyway, first turn he sends out Entei and Charizard, no prob, I try Dark Void with Vinny, and I have Kaoru use Stone Edge on Charizard, Vinny misses and Kaoru takes Charizard out. Next turn, Latios is sent out, Vinny Dark Pulses it to near death while Kaoru Stone Edges Entei to death, with Sandstorm in effect Latios is toast. Final turn, Latias is sent out, I don't need to continue.

I also encountered my third Trick-Room team, or so I think, I killed Solrock and my opponent quit. :/ But all the Pok&#233;mon were slow, and a Cacturn with a Solrock usually means Trick Room. Vinny+Twiggy=death in that case. XD Twiggy is fairly fast for a Torterra so if Trick Room were activated I would have had some issues. But Sheena and Misty are pretty good together so I may have won anyway.

I did other matches as well, and not all with Vincent either, so I'm not relying on him, I just use him when I see a use for him, just like all my other team mates, only difference between him and Bella is that I actually use Vinny. XD Needless to say he replaced her.

I finally made something.
    My Team: Torterra(Twiggy), R.Golduck(Misty), S.Golduck(Sheena), Darkrai(Vincent/Vinny), Tyranitar(Kaoru), Nidoking(Nido), so now you know, and I can use nicknames now. <_<
    As for Bella, she's retired for now, I hardly ever used her anyway. :P
    I'm on YouTube as Kujo1597. I have CvS2, SFIV, SSBB, and PKBR vids up.

Default Lol

im getting the game tomorrow but i play on my friends its one of the best games ever!

p.s how do you get the thing at the bottom?

Default awesomeness

a few days back...

I randomly made a pass of Unown ordered so that they spell UNOWN? and went on wi-fi as a joke. Right when I go online, There's a guy with all Togepi! All they did was use Metronome again and again while I'm Hidden Powering them, followed by two rematches! I was just laughing my head off.

went onto wifi and ended up fighting an all ubers team, was kinda peeved at first but ironically they all got mopped up. guess it was someone who never heard of EVing their pokes

It was just this morning that I got back into playing PBR and not much has happened so... anyways here are my recent happenings. I finally started a new file for my Platinum game after having 6 level 100 Pokemon (excluding the TRU Regigigas, in which I don't think I'll ever use). For today, I went as far as past the Waterfall Colosseum... but I may continue playing the game later on. The least to say, it was awesome seeing my shiny Lopunny battle in 3-D action... and I honestly used a legendary only once, which is my Shaymin (I wish to see its Sky Forme in 3-D but it's too bad Sky Forme wasn't created at the time PBR was made).

Current Team:
    -Roppu- [Lopunny*] | level 100
    Smash-kun [Lucario] | level 100
    ~Angelie~ [Togekiss] | level 100
    Entei | level 100
    Shaymin (Land Forme) | level 100
    Jirachi | level 100

[Note: Disregard what I said earlier about the Shaymin... I could've sworn PBR copied my Shaymin's stats as it was in Sky Forme like in Platinum but when I double checked this morning, it had the stats of Land Forme. My apologies... ^-^;
    Last edited by SilverLanayru; 19th August 2009 at 4:08 PM. Reason: fixed a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by starfire_jirachi View Post
    although its stats are those from its Sky Forme due to which my Shaymin is in Sky Forme on my Platinum game when I copied Pokemon from my Platinum save file to PBR
    I don't think it does that. I hope it does, but my Rotom loses it's move and I think Giratina used altered forme stats too. Shame though, I use a skymin aswell.

Finally finished my team, EVed (slight errors), and IVd (get six, choose best, be done with it). I need to get a choice band for Heracross, but...

SHAYMIN - Shaymin
    Frenchy - Dusknoir
    Gwonan - Azelf
    Lulzo - Clefable
    Crucifix - Heracross
    Kipz Bond - Swampert.

I got two battles done on Wi-fi (random). Won twice, but the first one went quite badly.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Well, not really anything big happening recently. I beat the first 50 members of the Courtyard colloseum, and I'm about to just quit (just put alot of sweepers on the pass, so i'm going to fix it up before I go for 100). Quick question though. I want to get the coupons aswell as the new background, so am I supposed to Retire after the next battle, or can I just give up? I also want to get my coupons.

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

I just bought a Wii and PBR last night. They were both used and lack manuals. I managed to create a custom pass with 6 Pokemon from my Platinum, but they range from 50-100. I tried a Colosseum battle and the Pokemon there were level 100 against my 50 Electivire. That's what happens when you bring in Battle Tower Pokemon, haha. The battle graphics aren't that exciting. I want to get into more difficult battles, though.

Okay so yesterday, I finished going through the colosseum walkthrough. Today, I managed to battle a friend of mine (he's known as emerald18 on here)... and I actually didn't know that you can use 6 Pokemon in some colosseums so apparently my Jirachi and Shaymin were involved in the battling. We only had 2 lvl 50 single battles due to the lag, but I managed to win both of them. I had the most fun on our second battle... and it was where emerald18 used a team of 6 Lugias against me. The team I only had set up was my Floatzel*, Lopunny*, Lucario, Togekiss, Shaymin, and Jirachi. With only physical dark and ghost types moves in my disposal, I thought that I wouldn't survive because the other attacks I have are just neutral effective but apparently, I still won in the end. It was all thanks to mostly my Lucario for his Shadow Claw attack, and to my Jirachi and Togekiss for doing all the paraflinching tactics as well as Jirachi's Stealth Rock. My Shaymin helped a little with its Leech Seed attack, and my Floatzel's Crunch and Lopunny's Return attacks managed to help out for me, too. ^-^ Well anyways, I'm probably thinking of taking on the Stargazer Colosseum later on if I feel like it.

Current Team:
    -Roppu- [Lopunny*] | level 100
    Smash-kun [Lucario] | level 100
    ~Angelie~ [Togekiss] | level 100
    Entei | level 100
    Shaymin (Land Forme) | level 100
    Jirachi | level 100

I finally got the perfect moveset for my Smeargle, loaded it online, and realizes its the slowest Pokemon in the universe. I'm pretty sure I got outsped by a Shuckle.

Yesterday I had a battle that took over an hour AFTER the last pokemon on the opponents (computer) team have down to what had to be less than 10 HP. I was using my last Poke...A Jumpluff, and my opponent had his last Poke...A Vileplume. It had used Double Team 4 times, and it's other moves were Sleep Pwoder, Aromatheropy, and Toxic. My Jumpluff was Paralyzed earlier in the battle, and knew Leech Seed, Toxic, Protect, and U-Turn. After about an hour of us not hitting each other (my U-Turn hit it twice before it ran out of PP), it finally Struggled, and KO'd itself due to the Struggle.

Got raped by Mysterial's Mewtwo in Set 8. =[

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y
    FC: 2981-6335-1505
    IGN: Daniel
    Steam Username: 20stalks

Just a random comment, but I think it's really cool how I can setup free battles between my own pokemon with my own rules. I took my Battle Tower team from Platinum that's EV'd and pit it against a team of 6 of my own pokemon. That's a great way to train! I gotta work at that more. Needless to say, my EV'd Electivire, Gardevoir and Swampert took out my own Lapras, Nidoking, Tyranitar, Yanmega, Honchkrow and Charizard. I'm starting to like that team.
    Last edited by raz1337; 25th August 2009 at 4:56 AM.

I got owned by a Gardevoir, because of foolishness on my part and intelligence on the enemy's part. (This was over Wi-Fi.)

I sent my Electivire out first. Gardevoir then traced his Motor Drive, and I instantly realized I couldn't use Thunder. Therefore, I was relegated to using a physical move, since Thunder was my only special move. HOWEVER, I used Ice Punch as she switched into a Charizard. Foolishly, I selected Thunder before I realized what she could then do - which she did. She switched into Gardevoir, who traced Motor Drive again, and Electivire raised her speed. From there, she beat me out by stalling. Basically, she used her increased speed to use Reflect and then Will-o-the-wisp to burn me, so physical attacks didn't do much. Since she already had pretty high special defense, Gardevoir became a temporary wall. Then, she swept with Psychic. Magmortar fell to Gardevoir as well, and (I'm embarassed to say it) I used Giratina - and Giratina fainted soon enough.

God. I suck at this game. I would like to point out that it wasn't my team that I was using (it was a friend's - I don't own D/P/Pt), but that was still no excuse for my total failure. I feel like such a moron.

I wouldn't feel that bad. That would've taken some very quick adapting to foresee. That was brilliance on that trainer's part to trick you with Charizard. She really just took advantage of you using the obvious choice, which was an STAB attack on a flying type. I'm going to have to remember that. My Gardevoir has Synchronize, but using trace like that is sheer genius. Abusing the enemy's ability with trace like that doesn't happen often, I assume, though.

Just got raped by Nysterial's Latios in Set 8. =[
    And it was his last Pokemon. ;[

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y

I need to read a PBR for newbies site or something. I want to find out how those Colosseums work because my Pokemon I want to use are levels 50-70 and I'm worried about level restrictions or quotas.

w00t! I just beat Mysterial. But I had to resort to using Darkrai... =/

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I need to read a PBR for newbies site or something. I want to find out how those Colosseums work because my Pokemon I want to use are levels 50-70 and I'm worried about level restrictions or quotas.
    Also long as they are over level 50, its fine. They will all be lowered to the same level: level 50.

However in online, it doesn't matter what level the Pokemon is, even if it is lower than level 50. That Pokemon would be leveled up just for the match. Not sure if it works the same in the Colosseums.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    In the level 50 All Battles, ALL pokemon on both teams are at level 50 for the battle, no matter what there level really is.

In the level 30 Open battles, all of the pokemon on the opponents team will match whatever the level of the highest leveled pokemon on your team is, UNLESS all of your pokes are under level 30, in which case the opponents pokemon will all be level 30. Your Pokemon will all be at the level they are really at.

For example (with the level 30 Open battles), if you have one pokemon that is at level 100, and the rest of your pokemon are at level 50, all of your opponents pokemon will be level 100. This is also the case even if you don't choose the level 100 pokemon to represent your team.

just got to rank 6 on the crystal colluseum
    My pearl team:

This is Red. If you think Red is the greatest pokemon Trainer, copy and paste this in your sig *started by Mewten150*

last time i played i won a few wifi battles with 2 of my teams passes. I'm planning on eidtign one of them and replace my houndoom with my darkrai i'm currently raising in platinum.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Last time I played, I lost to a guy with the weather trio, and dragon trio, however I lost due to Dialga's Draco Meteor knocking out my Grotle, and Outrage from Rayquaza knocking out Staraptor...
    ARCEUS, THE ORIGINAL ONE

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast