Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn Shipping Debate Thread

Default Dawn Shipping Debate Thread

hello, i wanted to start this thread to see everyones opinion, including people who are not pearlshippers...
    i want to propose the ideaa of dawn and ash getting together in the actual tv show, maybe when it ends.
    please consider that
    1. ash and misty kinda had something going on, but i think this is kinda old, and they don't spend too much time together anymore...
    2. there's actual clues and proof that may kinda had something going on with drew, while there is no proof with anything about her and ash
    3. probably anabel and ash are never going to see each other again, and she is not going to have a chance maybe to tell him how she feels...
    4. kenny is the one that likes dawn, but we haven't got proof of dawn feeling the same for him, maybe she may like him when she knows his feelings, or something theres always that probability.

Now lets consider that my points are indeed correct, and we are left with ash and dawn... there haven't been any actual clues of proof in the show yet, but i kinda think dawn and ash's relationship has been very much closer than he has been with any other (excluding misty maybe), and if dawn is the last female traveler ash is going to travel with (im not saying it will be), maybe the ones that write the pokemon episodes will at the end show us that indeed dawn and ash are going to end together, we don't know if there will be any clues about the 2 of them, but i think it is likely that when pokemon ends, ash will have to stay with someone don't you think ? and i suspect very much that he may stay with dawn at the end, maybe in the last episode they show their feelings to each other or something.

Please post your opinions, but try to explain so i can understand how you think and feel.
    Please be realistic and consider the posibility, not because you hate the thought of ash and dawn actually happening.
    This thread is all about ash and dawn getting together or ending together in the show. feel free to post reasons why yes and why not its likely to happen.

There's already a thread for Pearlshipping. However, your last statement seems to make this more of a debate thread for which shipping will happen, so let me ask you this: what shippings are you talking about here? Pearlshipping vs. the other Dawn shippings (Appeal, Penguin, Ikari) or Pearlshipping vs. Advanceshipping vs. Pokeshipping?

If you can pick what you want to debate (the Dawn shippings or the Ash/main girl shippings), then this can be left open as a debate thread - but if your intention was to make this a thread for Pearlshipping, I'll close this.

no, it wasnt a thread for pearlshipping, it was a thread for actually debating the chance of ash and dawn getting together in the TV show, not about if u like the couples, like the other threads.

Alright guys - this is now a debate for which Dawn shipping is most likely to happen. Pretty much Pearlshipping vs. Appealshipping vs. Ikarishipping vs. Penguinshipping (since those are the main/popular Dawn shippings), but feel free to throw in others to the mix. ;P NO Advanceshipping or Pokeshipping in this thread, though, okay? K.

Debate starts now. Remember to keep it civil in here and give reasons why you think whatever shipping will or will not happen. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chelc; 8th August 2008 at 1:43 AM.

Ash+Misty
    Pros
    ````
    Spent the longest time with one anther.
    Have actually risked their lives for each other.(Orange Islands)
    Were each others first traveling companions.
    Con
    `````
    Speration
    unwillingness to show affection

Ash+May
    Average amount of time
    Double battled together
    Cons
    Drew
    Speration

Ash+Dawn
    No speration
    Cheering
    Similar attiudes
    Cons
    Time

Heh, I am a multishipper, since this is not a pearlshipping thread then yey for this forum ^-^!
    I disliked Ikarishipping at first, but then when shipper's showed me what shipping's were all about, and I stopped being selfish and started thinking of other shippings. Ikarishipping is beyond cute and random. It could go somewhere but I'm unsure if it's going to happen or not.

Appealshipping - I'm not a lesbianship fan, but I support the friendship both Nozomi and Hikari have.

Penguinshipping - Now this ship is most likely to happen in the DP series so far. No offense to antipenguinshipper's but I think that Kengo and Hikari look better together than any other ship I've seen with Hikari thus far.

Cavaliershipping - Man this shipping is all about poetry; Hikari admires Shigeru for his poetic words he sometimes puts in his sentences. It's kind of pulling my leg so I'll wait and see what happens when Shigeru comes back to the DP series

Pearlshipping - My first and one of my favorite shippings thus far, Satoshi and Hikari are such siblings to each other that they don't show any affection to each other at all. I tend to keep it that way, and hope that their shipping doesn't go anywhere else than there.
    "If you attack Konoha, I will have to fight you… So save up your hatred and take it all on me, I'm the only one who can take it! It's the only thing I can do! I will shoulder your hatred and die with you! Because I'm your friend!"
    ~Naruto Uzumaki

Appealshipping - I'm not a lesbianship fan.

Penguinshipping - I love this ship! It seems like Kenny does have feelings for Dawn and I think Dawn might feel the same.

Cavaliershipping - I dont think Gary will be around Dawn much.

Pearlshipping - Im more of a Pokeshipper but I do support Pearl and Advance to because they both do have chances of happening to! ;D

Hmm... I have a hard time deciding who to pair Dawn with. I don;t know why. Maybe because the serie is only about half way through Sinnoh? Idk...

Pearlshipping - Well, I'm a Pokeshipping fan through and through, and sometimes like Advanceshipping(only in certain well written fics), but I feel bad for Dawn, I don;t think she stands a chance with Ash. Too much competition for her, pus they do seem more like Bro and Sis. My ic is a Pearlshipping/Pokeshipping secondary plot that causes the main tragedy plot, and Dawn is definietly the one to sympathize with. If I write a sequel(it's a one-shot), then you'll feel bad for Ash and Dawn.

Appealshipping - I like the mentor-mentee thing they have, but I just don't really see Dawn going that way... Maybe Zoey, but I think they'll have the same kinda rivalry a Ash and Gary do.

Ikarishipping - I dislike this shipping. I don't get why people decided to pair Paul with Dawn. Paul... Are you going or the Green and Blue love? Bt, that is different... Ah well, I jut don't see Paul ever liking her. OR really anyone... Maybe Hunter J? Lol.

Ok, those are the ships of Dawn I don't see happening. Here are the other two:

Penguinshipping - Kenny obviously likes Dawn, and Dawn may like Kenny. But for me to really get into it, they need to flesh out Kenny some, and change his dub voice! Sorry, that last thing just annoys me...

Cavaliershipping - PRobably my favorite of these two. I like the idea. Dawn seems to idealize/like Gary, and Gary needs someone like that. His ego deflated, but not enough to be someone else. I think it'd be cute...
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Ok the ones I feel will least likely happen are Ikarishipping and Pearlshipping. While I like Pearlshipping the best, think its cute and feel they have great chemistry. But lets face it Ash will go onto the next generation while Dawn will move onto her own contests with other friends of hers, like what May did. I think the ones that could happen are Peguineshipping and Appealshipping. I mean Dawn could go with either Kenny or Zoey in the end to learn more things from them about contests. But I feel Peguineshipping is more likely to happen since we've seen a few hints between them through out the series. Too bad Kenny doesn't appear more, but hey they could throw us a loop whole and leave Pearlshipping opean in the end as a to be coninuted thing. Will see...Ikarishipping, piff yah um they hardly have words on screen. As it is Paul doesn't even know who she is and only focouses on Ash when they meet.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

^ Instead of putting the whole thing of the Bulbapedia page for Pearlshipping here, just give a link maybe?

Anywho, I like tons of Hikari shippings. Out of all of them, the only that shows potential of happening is Penguinshipping. Even though I truly like many Hikari shippings, I find that Penguinshipping has the advantage in that one of them does have feelings for the other. That in itself, places itself above other Hikari shippings. It already makes one half of the shipping canon.

Despite all the stuff happening with Pearlshipping, a lot of it can be perceived as stuff that's more friendship than romantic. I won't deny that Satoshi and Hikari have plenty of similarities and stuff. Sure, they could have a relationship if they wanted to, but they seem too much like siblings. They aren't likely to fall in love, if you ask me.

Appealshipping, while I could see Nozomi liking Hikari, I don't think Hikari is interested in Nozomi that way. No matter how I look at it, I think that Hikari is straight. I can see Hikari and Nozomi being like best friends though.

Cavaliershipping, while I like it and it has all the potential in my eyes, I don't believe is going to happen in the anime. Shigeru would have to show up more and Hikari will need to see him as more than Professor Oak's grandson. While I'd like to think that Hikari will see him as more, I doubt the writer's will go that way.

Ikarishipping, as much I <3 that shipping, there's not enough hints to go by so I feel it won't become canon or anything. The potential interaction is interesting, but the writers seem to want Shinji focused on training and being Satoshi's rival, so yeah... Aw, I <3 Shinji, he needs to be more open-minded... XD

Penguinshipping can work because Kengo is confirmed to be a recurring rival, he takes interest in contests like Hikari, he clearly likes her, he probably has a great understanding of her too. Being a childhood friend of hers means he knows her the best out of the others. So yeah, Kengo likes Hikari and cares for her. All we need now is more hints, Hikari to realise Kengo's feelings and BAM! It's definitely an easier process than for the other shippings, if you ask me.

I'm really sucky at debating, so my points are probably really easy to argue against but oh well.

Pearlshipping all the way.

if anyone needs alittle proof, here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...:PearlShipping

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Ok the ones I feel will least likely happen are Ikarishipping and Pearlshipping. While I like Pearlshipping the best, think its cute and feel they have great chemistry. But lets face it Ash will go onto the next generation while Dawn will move onto her own contests with other friends of hers, like what May did. I think the ones that could happen are Peguineshipping and Appealshipping. I mean Dawn could go with either Kenny or Zoey in the end to learn more things from them about contests. But I feel Peguineshipping is more likely to happen since we've seen a few hints between them through out the series. Too bad Kenny doesn't appear more, but hey they could throw us a loop whole and leave Pearlshipping opean in the end as a to be coninuted thing. Will see...Ikarishipping, piff yah um they hardly have words on screen. As it is Paul doesn't even know who she is and only focouses on Ash when they meet.
    hmmm how can you be so sure there will really be a "next generation"? is it published ? i think maybe this can be the last generation of pokemon, but maybe im wrong if i am tell me please

I belive it was confirmed in the spoilers discussion area by one of the people from Japan who works on the show that said their would be as many generations to come as long as its doing good. So yah, 5th generation good to go. And they said Ash and Pikachu are not going any where and will not age. So yah...That's why I feel Ash and Dawn will probaly seperate at the end, see the guy also said the main girl characters are just fan serive for guys, eye candy. So that's why they replace girl characters, which means they'll keep replacing them. I am a fan of a Dawn and Pearlshipping and would love for her to stay but what can I do.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Okay here's my choice

Ikarishipping: I don't know why but I like this one it's like opposites attracting besides who knows Dawn might think Paul is a nice person deep deep deep down and Paul letting Ash and co. watch his battle against Roark because Dawn asked well it might be a hint and he rarely says anything to her so it must be denial so it might be like Contestshipping
    Last edited by pikachu200; 9th August 2008 at 1:45 AM.

The only reason why Ikarishipping started off popular is because Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed. Also on that original poster we thought Paul would be traveling with the group, remember Brock wasn't there and we had no idea Paul was going to be a rival.

When DP started...Paul and Dawn have had literally no interaction besides that one scene at Roark's Gym where Dawn got mad at him...other than that they really pay no attention to each other.

I think the problem was people assumed too much out of the gate, and now that we're 90 eps into DP we can see Paul has really no interaction with Dawn in most of his appearances, so people went into something without seeing how it'd play out first.

I belive it was confirmed in the spoilers discussion area by one of the people from Japan who works on the show that said their would be as many generations to come as long as its doing good. So yah, 5th generation good to go. And they said Ash and Pikachu are not going any where and will not age. So yah...That's why I feel Ash and Dawn will probaly seperate at the end, see the guy also said the main girl characters are just fan serive for guys, eye candy. So that's why they replace girl characters, which means they'll keep replacing them. I am a fan of a Dawn and Pearlshipping and would love for her to stay but what can I do.
    oh well now that you saying theres a chancee that dawn and ash go separate ways at the end... but who knows, maybe like misty that went to johto also, she goes with ash too to the other region he goes ?
    i really don't like the part of ash not growing up -.- he is like the same height same looking as 10 years ago it just doesn't seem right to me, some fans calculate he is at least 16 or 15 now, and he is just exactly the same as when he started the journey

Well I'm just saying ikarishipping may be a possibility like contestshipping

Pearlshipping would be second but I like Ash x Misty besides I do like the shipping of Buneary x Pikachu I don't know what's it's called though
    Last edited by pikachu200; 9th August 2008 at 9:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The only reason why Ikarishipping started off popular is because Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed. Also on that original poster we thought Paul would be traveling with the group, remember Brock wasn't there and we had no idea Paul was going to be a rival.

When DP started...Paul and Dawn have had literally no interaction besides that one scene at Roark's Gym where Dawn got mad at him...other than that they really pay no attention to each other.

I think the problem was people assumed too much out of the gate, and now that we're 90 eps into DP we can see Paul has really no interaction with Dawn in most of his appearances, so people went into something without seeing how it'd play out first.
    Well that and I've heard Ikarishippers out their say they think it could be the next contestship. But to me it doesn't make sense, like you said she and him don't interact at all. When he does come on screen he doesn't know who she is and just wants to be with Ash LOL. Ah well, good luck out their Ikarishippers..

I don't like the fact that Ash doesn't age either but I'm just ignoring things now. Community doesn't seem to matter in this show now, if Ash doesn't age how do we have flashbacks of the previous series? Its so confusing, so I just don't bother thinking of it nowXD

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    Well I'm just saying ikarishipping may be a possibility like contestshipping

Pearlshipping would be second but I like Ash x Misty besides I do like the shipping of Buneary x Pikachu I don't know what's it's called though
    Ok, I sort of get what you mean. Y'all are comparing Paul to Drew. Yes it could maybe have happened if Paul interacted with her. Have they spoken? I'm not trying ti sound rude... Sorry if I do.

2. Paul is a much more extreme than Drew. I see Gary more like Drew, but not much. And Dawn isn't that much like May.

3. Um... Did I have a three...
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Well the shipping might sound impossible but what Satoshi has only 4 gym badges so he's halfway through Sinnoh but if the Sinnoh Battle Frontire might pop up after the Sinnoh League competition it might happen I mean it's not like an impossible shipping people just think it doesn't make sense and I don't blame them but it's like Ikari vs Pearl like how Satoshi vs Shinji for Hikari I mean who knows what will happen

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    Well the shipping might sound impossible but what Satoshi has only 4 gym badges so he's halfway through Sinnoh but if the Sinnoh Battle Frontire might pop up after the Sinnoh League competition it might happen I mean it's not like an impossible shipping people just think it doesn't make sense and I don't blame them but it's like Ikari vs Pearl like how Satoshi vs Shinji for Hikari I mean who knows what will happen
    dont forget kenny! and paul hasnt shown any hints of liking dawn whatsover and vice versa so to me penguin and pearl make more sence i just think ppl like the idea of dawn and paul togethor but there arent any hints to prove it and pengunshipping has more hints! i mean actual hints of them liking each other and ikari doesnt

Yeah I know there's Kengo but I don't really like Kengo in my opinion I'd see Hikari being paired up with either Satoshi or Shinji so I'm putting it as Satoshi vs Shinji for Hikari affection not that Shinji would want it but it could be possible and another thing I like the Pairing of Kengo x Nazomi

Out of the ships, I think Penguinshipping is more likely to happen. As much as I like Appealshipping, I'm pretty sure Dawn is straight. I sort of can't stand Ikarishipping (which is like the ONLY pairing in this fandom I don't like...) I know people think it's the next Contestshipping, but at least May and Drew had tons of interaction and shipping hints.
    Paul and Dawn have had... well next to none.
    And personally, I don't see Ash getting together with anyone (and if he did, it would have to be Misty in my eyes). I still see if more of a Bro/Sis or close friendship if anything...
    And Kenny, as I mentioned before, shows a genuine interest in Dawn, has the whole childhood-friend thing going on, and enjoys teasing her while still being a rival and a friend (sounds like Drew's relationship with May if you ask me...)
    So out of these four ships, my favorite (as most likely) would have to be Penguinshipper. But I'm a major Dawn multishipper and there's so many others I adore... (Conway FTW)

d00med n0w

Quote Originally Posted by -beautifly- View Post
    yeah i know that really bugs me 2
    It would probably reveal what her love life was from her grade school. After all, she pretty much delivers a hammer to the head to anyone who asks her, and people do that often because of some kind of love issue.
    3DS Friend Code: 2079-6549-2981
    "Let's trade and battle!" - *message me first*
    I am a shadow, I seek the ways of Hadou.
    I'll have you know, I am a Lucario.

Well that and I've heard Ikarishippers out their say they think it could be the next contestship. But to me it doesn't make sense, like you said she and him don't interact at all. When he does come on screen he doesn't know who she is and just wants to be with Ash LOL. Ah well, good luck out their Ikarishippers..
    Err I'm an Ikarishipper and I've never heard someone say that IS was the next Contestshipping =/ You guys seem to say that we consider Ikari as near/future canon but it's not the case, the majority of ikarishippers support this pairing because we think it's cute and we don't like either Penguinshipping or Pearlshipping. Moreover we all agree that at the moment Penguin has more hints than Ikari xD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast