Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghoul Daze (558)

Default Ghoul Daze (558)

It's Ghost Time After School!

Continuing their Summer School adventure. Ash & Co. are sent to investigate some supernatural goings on nearby for a report at the school. Upon investigating the area, they all discover a variety of ghost Pokémon. However, as well as the Pokémon, there is another paranormal entity. Does it have sinister motives?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

From the pics, it looked like Dusknoir saved Ash and Aoi from the ghost girl.

From the pics, it looked like Dusknoir saved Ash and Aoi from the ghost girl.

I thought the partner-selection was funny, especially Musashi.
    PIPLUP GOT MAH COOKIE!!!111

Proud owner of a TRU Manaphy, Movie 10 Darkrai, and a Gamestop Deoxys

Who you gonna call?

This episode wasn't what I was expecting, but that doesn't mean I disliked it. Portraying Dusknoir as being the hero is a cliche for this series (heck, it draws all sorts of parallels to Movie 10), but the darkness of that spirit girl helped to add some decent DRAMA to the generic haunted forest of woe. Zombie Conway was easily the best part of the episode. Gotta love how Ash flashes the medallion similar to how he poses for a badge, and how Conway now creeps up from behind Rowan. Excellent use of Darkrai's Movie 10 theme to sound for Dusknoir, as well as the movie's mix of the DP gym battle theme.

The first summer school episode is still my favorite of this arc, but at least this one wasn't as much of a doozy as the Lumineon one.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

^^ LOL at Ghostbusters; I hope the triathlon blows all these other episodes away.

It really felt as Movie10 crammed into one episode. With Dusknoir being Darkrai combined with all the M10 music...

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

Who you gonna call?
    I think you're slipping, pal.

OBVIOUSLY, this episode is clearly deserving of this picture:

That girl was pretty damn creepy, especially when her voice got dual and deep. And when she disintegrated, for a second it looked like she turned into a shape resembling Spiritomb...

...oh who am I kidding, we'll never know who she was.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 21st August 2008 at 9:41 PM.

agreed we will likely never know but your theory is as good as any and beter then most so i'll go with it.

Nobody actually managed to get sucked in, but the girl sure did. All we could see was a mess of black and purple, but it looked creepy.

This was a pretty awesome episode.

Haha, chest-flexer ran away with his tail between his legs after going on about how no matter what kind of Ghost came out, he'd protect Hikari. Yeah. Sure.

Poor, poor Kouhei. He never has any luck. xD

He creeped up on Nanakamado too! xD

That little girl was creepy as heck.

Also, while I understood most of the episode, I didn't get what Nanakamado-hakase was saying when he was recounting the story about that tomb/grave (those ruins) was destroyed. Could somebody give a clearer translation? Or at least the gist of it? :3 Thanks!

EDIT
    And when she disintegrated, for a second it looked like she turned into a shape resembling Spiritomb...
    Oh, yeah, Spiritomb's tomb was also a similar structure, ne~?
    But I'm guessing she's just an akuryou of some sort.
    Last edited by Musapion; 21st August 2008 at 10:53 PM.

this episode was pretty boring but at least we got to see Dusknoir and that big buff guy is a chicken lol

Ooooh, it sounds scary... I really wanna see it though - I really like Dusknoir =D

What other ghost pokemon made an appearance??

Quote Originally Posted by 6rdfar90 View Post
    What other ghost pokemon made an appearance??
    Misdreavus+Shuppet+Banette+Duskull. That's it, I think. I haven't seen the episode, so, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Vavavoom; 22nd August 2008 at 12:10 AM.

THE END.

^^ That and the Gastly family

It was a fantastic ep - esp the Dusknoir and the Ghost girl!! So much fun! Also, wat was the problem with the M10 music?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

It was a fantastic ep - esp the Dusknoir and the Ghost girl!! So much fun! Also, wat was the problem with the M10 music?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

Pretty good episode what with Dusknoir going all out on the ghost girl forcing her into oblivion AS THE VERY FABRIC OF SPACE AND TIME TEARS HER APART!!.........Okay ...calming down...

But anyway I was kind of hoping Conway would have a bigger part, but oh well as long as he appears more during the series, I'll be cool.
    "Turkey in those days was known as a "walking bird". We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called "baseball"."
    -Grampa Simpson

Wise words from a wise man

Conway doesn't have a bigger part?!
    That's tragic. He NEEDS to appear again.
    And from some of the posts, I take it Dusknoir wasn't necessary evil?
    That's is also tragic. I was hoping for some ebil Dusknoir action in which it sucks peoples up and takes them to the spirit-y underworld to chill with the Drifloon.

Eh yeah. Well I'll wait for the episode pics (unless they're up already and I didn't notice). And then I'll wait even longer for the episode to actually air in America.

d00med n0w

Dusknoir wasn't evil at all...

pokemon can hardly be evil.....ghost or not, they are all good ol' buddies of the people.
    I liked the episode. The story telling was well coordinated. I say they should take their average level to this episode's level. A standard filler....

pokemon can hardly be evil.....ghost or not, they are all good ol' buddies of the people.
    I liked the episode. The story telling was well coordinated. I say they should take their average level to this episode's level. A standard filler....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Except our good friends the incredible ursaring, plot device wasp and enraged sea serpent of course!
    "Turkey in those days was known as a "walking bird". We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called "baseball"."
    -Grampa Simpson

Wise words from a wise man

Quote Originally Posted by The Everlovin' Thing View Post
    Except our good friends the incredible ursaring, plot device wasp and enraged sea serpent of course!
    Yeah, but they're just being territorial. Kinda like a toddler who relieves himself in a kiddie pool.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to cool myself off in the nearest kiddie pool I can find.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Yeah, but they're just being territorial. Kinda like a toddler who relieves himself in a kiddie pool.

Now if you'll excuse me,I'm off to cool myself off in the nearest kiddie pool I can find.
    ...Too easy.

This episode was ok, but so far this arc isn't living up to my expectations.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

So what was the girl's part in this episode.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast