Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Shongs!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default Shongs!

    I, like most of the fandom, support a ship, and I also have a good taste for music. Combine those two, and you have great comparisons between songs and ships. Songs and Ships, hmm, lets call that "Shongs", shall we? So, I decided to create this neat little thread for these unique shongs in collaboration with Meowth City.


    I want to keep this thing as sophisticated, convenient and simple as possible. And here's all the stuff you can do here:
    -> Post songs that you feel match your ship in some way
    -> Give your feedback on shongs posted by others
    ¤-Additional Feature
    -> The official members will try and post a Song that best suits the subbed episode released in the corresponding week. We will try to do so before the release of the next subbed episode. This will start from the sub of Mega Evolution Special 3


    Now that you know what you can post here, I should tell you how to:

    ¤-When posting shongs:-
    Your posts should contain the following;
    -> The ship the song is dedicated to,
    -> The artist of the song,
    -> The name of the song,
    -> The reason why you think it supports the ship i.e
    If it is in general, tell why,
    If the song only supports a specific scenario, mention the scenario (for ships that were in the past and for any past scenarios of all ships).
    If the scenario is yet to happen, give a really brief sketch of it (Remember that it should be as plausible in the main anime as possible, this place is not for fanfictions).
    -> Link for the song is optional, if you can share the link, don't hesitate because it will make things easier for everyone (preferably, the link should be of the actual song and not just the written lyrics).
    -> No need to write down the lyrics of the whole song here, and if you really want to stress on a few lines, you may write those but they should only be a few!
    -> It is not necessary that the song you wish to share perfectly suits a ship, it can be a song that only somewhat suits a scenario or only a few lines of it do so. But this does not mean you keep on posting songs that are completely irrelevant!
    -> How you format your post is all up to you, just make the above cited requirements prominent one way or the other

    ¤- When giving feedback
    -> Quote of the post you want to give feedback to is preferred! Addressing the person you're giving feedback to works just as well, but try and be clear as to which post you are referring to.
    -> Be polite, and respect the opinion of others, if you don't like a comparison, simply ignore it instead of engaging in pointless arguments.



    The Rules and Regulations are:
    -> All SPPF rules apply!
    -> Don't bash others, their opinions or the ships they support!
    -> Posts straying outside the allowed content will only be beared to a small extent before being considered as spam! Don't take advantage of our lineancy!
    -> Try and keep your posts short and to-the-point, note that I say "try"!
    -> No multi-posting! If you accidentally multi-post, just delete the extra posts and its fine, but do so immediately! If you want to give multiple comparisons/feedback, merge the contents in one post!
    -> Disobeying the rules will result in warnings. And if you get three warnings, you're out of here!
    -> Do not post SoTE (Song of The Episode) if you are not an official member! This is merely to avoid any confusions among fellow users. If you have a good song in mind, that suits the aired episode well, just PM/VM me, and I'll consider it!


    Official Members
    ->Dr.Psycho (that's me!)
    ->Meowth City
    ->XYMewtwo
    ->Sp1derp1g

    Note that this is a thread open to all, and these members are like the governing bodies here. So, this list will hardly ever change!


    In short, keep it simple, silly!
    Last edited by Dr.Psycho; 21st March 2015 at 9:52 AM.


    ~ Battle de Stare ~ The Perfect Contrast ~
    If you are a shipper and have a good taste for music, this is where its at!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    521

    Default

    ... Shongs...

    Anyway, one thing's for sure, I only have one song dedicated to only one ship for now XD.

    And since there's no given format of the expected post, might as well create my own:

    Shipping/Pairing: Advanceshipping
    Song: Amazing
    Song Artist: Janelle
    Reason: I don't remember exactly the time or date, but I saw an AMV of the said pair years ago before knowing of the term 'shipping'. This AMV was one of the best that time. And from watching the first time, I shed a tear from the watching the images, scenes, and most of all, hearing the way the tuning of the song matching the scene, especially the lyrics. if I have to make a connection between this and this pairing, I would say that, Satoshi is indeed amazing, and to think that Haruka was actually a 'student' of him, and the latter being the former 'student' of Kasumi and Takeshi, he somehow projects an image of a child prodigy, in other words, an amazing person. When listening to this song, I always imagine Haruka singing this song to Satoshi. And, like Setsuna says about this song, it's Ash-May-zing xD

    FF.net

        Spoiler:- Other Awarded Drabbles:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    brazil
    Posts
    529

    Default

    I missed this one! It's great to see another shongs topic here!

    Shipping/Pairing: PokéShipping (Ash & Misty)
    Song:Want U back
    Song Artist: Cher Lloyd
    Reason: This one is obvious, we all know that Misty have a crush on Ash (I guess xD), and this song is talking about a boy that she likes, but now, he's dating another girl (in this case, Serena), It actually fits with all Pokégirls after Misty, we all know that Misty wants Ash back, right? ;D
    "The choosen one"

    "I'm a person, and my name is Anakin!"

    Crazy ShipperFangirlStar Wars FanNintendo fanAnakin Skywalker fan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Shipping/Pairing: Palletshipping (Ash/Gary)

    Song: All of Me

    Song Artist: John Legend

    Reason: If there was ever a song that I think could encapsulate this ship, it'd be this one. Like, they've known each other so long that they know all of each other's flaws, know every tic and irritation---but they love all of each other anyway. They're not perfect, and they know that about each other better than anyone else, but that's okay. Gary seems to set the pace of their relationship a lot in canon (Gary lashes out at Ash, Ash retaliates. Gary's calm and friendly, and then Ash slowly relaxes his guard and responds in kind), and so he often confuses Ash on where they stand ("Drawing me in and you kicking me out ... I can't pin you down, what's going on in that beautiful mind"). And then, there's the fact that, pretty much, all of Ash's major life decisions are based around Gary and what he's doing. Ash hears Gary's name, he drops everything and runs to go do what Gary's doing, go wherever he's going. He hears Gary's going to Johto? ZOMG, ASH IS GOING TOO. Sees that Gary is going to be competing in a race? SIGN ASH UP THIS INSTANT. So this part of the song seems especially appropriate to me: "You're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and blues". They're each other's beginning and end, and despite all of their curves, edges, and imperfections---they fit together and are perfect for each other anyway, and love each other in spite of it all. ^^
    Last edited by Kiryn; 20th March 2015 at 8:07 AM.
    My starters: (Osha, White) ~ (Emil, Alpha Sapphire) ~ (Byrne, Omega Ruby)

    Games I own: White, Y, ORAS

    Top ships: Ash/Gary (Palletshipping) ~ Delia/Grace (SecretlyAcquaintedMomsShipping) ~ Jessie/James (Rocketshipping) ~ Brock/N ~ Steven/Wallace (Originshipping) ~ May/Lisia/Zinnia (DragonQueensShipping)

    You can also find me as Kiryn on ffnet and MNI.

    I'm AshKiryn on LJ and AO3.

    I'm AshleyKiryn on DA.

    I'm asiryn on Tumblr.

    I'm FeatherQueen8086 on Pottermore.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Inside 00 Qan[T]
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Woah, We have this kind of thread? XD

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew11 View Post
    ... Shongs...

    Anyway, one thing's for sure, I only have one song dedicated to only one ship for now XD.

    And since there's no given format of the expected post, might as well create my own:

    Shipping/Pairing: Advanceshipping
    Song: Amazing
    Song Artist: Janelle
    Reason: I don't remember exactly the time or date, but I saw an AMV of the said pair years ago before knowing of the term 'shipping'. This AMV was one of the best that time. And from watching the first time, I shed a tear from the watching the images, scenes, and most of all, hearing the way the tuning of the song matching the scene, especially the lyrics. if I have to make a connection between this and this pairing, I would say that, Satoshi is indeed amazing, and to think that Haruka was actually a 'student' of him, and the latter being the former 'student' of Kasumi and Takeshi, he somehow projects an image of a child prodigy, in other words, an amazing person. When listening to this song, I always imagine Haruka singing this song to Satoshi. And, like Setsuna says about this song, it's Ash-May-zing xD
    Dammit! Beat me to the pulp! XD
    I was suppose to say this 1st, ahh bummer.

    Anywho:

    Shipping/Pairing: Advanceshipping
    Song: Amazing
    Artist: Janelle
    Reason: Personally, I want to declare this as Advanceshipping's theme song. The title itself explains it, This song is (⌐■_■) Ash-May-zing!!, Yeahh! *ahem* Anyway, the song pretty much foreshadows Ash and May's journey together as a mentor and a student from start to end as May's character grows. The way how Ash inspired and thought May, the way how he helped her not only through rough battles but also through emotional states to the way how both of them help and amaze each other at achieving their goals, I think this song pretty much fits those moments between them.

    P.S: Matthew, maybe you should visit the ADV thread every once in a while XD.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew11 View Post
    And since there's no given format of the expected post, might as well create my own:
    You may format your posts as you wish, for your convenience

    Now for my first shong!
    I posted this in the amourshipping thread, but I'll do so here as well.

    The song Mirrors by Justin Timberlake is an absolutely perfect song for amourshipping. Here's why:

    In the anime, ash and serena have often been the driving force for each other's success and determination. So, they seem like they complete each other, like they are two halves of one, the two faces of the same coin, and that is why this song is perfect for amourshipping. :3

    @Kiryn: I love that shong! I couldn't agree with you more

    P.S : Slight update in the "how to" part in the first post. The point stating that quoting is a must has been edited.
    Last edited by Dr.Psycho; 21st March 2015 at 3:54 PM.


    ~ Battle de Stare ~ The Perfect Contrast ~
    If you are a shipper and have a good taste for music, this is where its at!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Psycho View Post

    @Kiryn: I love that shong! I couldn't agree with you more
    uwu senpai noticed me XD

    Anyway, thanks! Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. And isn't it just such a shong? The first time it came up on my Pandora, I had to have a moment of silence for the cosmic alignment, especially as I had been vaguely wanting a Palletshipping ship song at the time. XD Like, I started listening to the song, and by the end of the first verse, I was all, "Huh, this could be apply to Palletshipping....", and then by the end of it, I was just, "........WOW, TOTALLY MEANT TO BE A PALLETSHIP SONG, OMGGGGGGG". And so now, I can never unsee it when I listen to the song. I figured this would be the perfect place to share my pain. :P

    Nice song choice of your own, btw! Heh, I don't know anything about Amourshipping yet, but I love character mirrors, so that gives it a thumbs up in my book!

    Okay, so now for another one, so I don't drown in my Palletshipping squee feels....I'll just squee about another ship instead! XP

    Shipping/Pairing: Rocketshipping (Jessie/James)

    Song: The Best Thing

    Artist: Relient K

    Reason: I do have to admit that I just love this song to death, and one verse in particular (which I'll get to in a minute), so I apply it to tons of ships, and it's really an almost universal shipping song, so it was inevitable that I would apply it to one of my Pokémon ships. :P But anyway, of them all, I really do think it suits Jessie and James's relationship the best. The verse I mentioned earlier, and the reason why I love this song, goes like this: "'Cause when I looked into your eyes, and you dared to stare right back, you should have said 'Nice to meet you, I'm your other half'". I just.....man. XD To me, that line just has such a gravitas and weight to it, you know? Idk, but calling someone else your "other half" has this huge emotional weight to it for me, so even as big of a shipper as I am, I don't just throw that phrase around lightly. This is a phrase that I reserve for all of my, as I call them, Life Partner ships, the ones where I could never imagine one without the other, where they know each other inside and out, where even if they only met yesterday it seems like they've known each other forever, and now they're going to be with each other for the rest of their lives, come what may. Heck, despite it being my OTP, even Ash/Gary doesn't quite get this distinction. But these ships are special and one-of-a-kind, and that kind of boundless devotion just blows me away every time. A lot of that often goes unsaid, but these people get each other on such a level that it doesn't even need to be said. (As big as I am on communication in relationships, I do admit to being a sucker for this kind of unspoken, quiet devotion. XD) Even if they get shipped with other people, this relationship that they have with each other is never going to diminish in importance. The Life Partner ships that I like to trot out as examples are Balthier/Fran (FFXII), Roy/Riza (FMA), Dean/Castiel (Supernatural) and even Tamaki/Kyouya (Ouran). Rocketshipping, in my opinion, definitely belongs in these ranks. So, yeah. Jessie and James, upon first meeting each other, should have just said, "Nice to meet you, I'm your other half". As I always say, no matter how much they blast off, they never blast apart. ~~
    My starters: (Osha, White) ~ (Emil, Alpha Sapphire) ~ (Byrne, Omega Ruby)

    Games I own: White, Y, ORAS

    Top ships: Ash/Gary (Palletshipping) ~ Delia/Grace (SecretlyAcquaintedMomsShipping) ~ Jessie/James (Rocketshipping) ~ Brock/N ~ Steven/Wallace (Originshipping) ~ May/Lisia/Zinnia (DragonQueensShipping)

    You can also find me as Kiryn on ffnet and MNI.

    I'm AshKiryn on LJ and AO3.

    I'm AshleyKiryn on DA.

    I'm asiryn on Tumblr.

    I'm FeatherQueen8086 on Pottermore.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Detroit, MI (Really)
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Awesome thread bro!

    Anyways, For my first post as a member, I'd like to input my own thoughts and opinions into what is the best song for the ship I support, and that's non other than Amourshipping xD

    Shipping/Pairing: Amourshipping

    Song: Love Somebody

    Artist: Maroon 5 (You gon love this)

    Reason: I feel like Love Somebody has a lot in common with Amourshipping. As Adam Levine sings: "I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you," Serena is dropping hints left and right but Ash doesn't. It's a great song and when I first heard it I thought of the ship. As the song states, it's about someone who loves someone else and wants them to love them back. I suggest you give this song a whirl it's worth your time trust me
    Last edited by XYMewtwo; 22nd March 2015 at 3:19 AM.
    "I'm tryna learn something new, I'm tryna surround myself with people that inspire me, or at least
    inquire similar desires to do what it T-A-K-E just to reach the T-O-P"

    ~ Kendrick Lamar ~
    Credits to Astral Shadow
    For the Userbar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Shipping/pair:Amourshippin(Ash and Serena)
    Shong:Style
    Artist:Taylor Swift
    Reason:This song fits perfect with their shipping because she sings about their love and it can never go out of style which says amourshipping is the freshest thing in the and would never go out of style.
    Last edited by JeVolution; 21st March 2015 at 4:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XYMewtwo View Post
    Awesome thread bro!

    I feel like Love Somebody by Maroon 5 has a lot in common with Amourshipping. Adam Levine sings: "I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you," Serena is dropping hints left and right but Ash won't notice. It's a great song and when I first heard it I thought of the ship.
    Thanks

    You just had to post a song by Maroon5, didn't you :P
    Love it, great shong! But then again, you already knew that :3

    Btw, check your inbox.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeVolution View Post
    Shipping/pair:Amourshippin(Ash and Serena)
    Shong:Style
    Artist:Taylor Swift
    Reason:This song fits perfect with their shipping because she sings about their love and it can never go out of style which says amourshipping is the freshest thing in the and would never go out of style.
    Meowth City, this is your cue :3

    Great shong, and I love the reason you gave, pretty unique!

    Now, my turn!
    The song Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons is a great song for Amourshipping . I don't know why, but it just gives me the amour vibes. Not all of the lines in this song are relatable, but the ones that are, they're just so apt to amour, they always give me the feels.

    The lines like,"Oh you tell me to hold on" perfectly suit Serena as she takes inspiration from Ash and this line suits their motto,"Never give up 'till its over!".

    The main verse,"I'm bleeding out, I'm bleeding out for you" portrays the extent of Serena's feelings pretty well.

    And my favourite,"With the darkness fed, I will be your scarecrow" shows how Serena is always there for Ash in his tough times.

    In a nutshell, this song perfectly explains how Ash and Serena are always there for each other through thick and thin and also shows the depth of Serena's feelings. But most importantly, it gave me the "amour-vibes".

    That was brief, wasn't it?
    Last edited by Dr.Psycho; 21st March 2015 at 8:08 PM.


    ~ Battle de Stare ~ The Perfect Contrast ~
    If you are a shipper and have a good taste for music, this is where its at!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Lol, so glad I can post here again! Whenever I listen to the music on my computer now, I'm making a little list and noting shongs when I come across them. XD

    Sooooo, for my next trick, I present to you.....

    Shipping/Pairing: Heh, they don't have a ship name yet, but it's Brock/N (ohhh yesh :P)

    Song: Beyond My Wildest Dreams

    Artist: Little Mermaid the Musical, on Broadway (ohhh yes, I'm going there; it's musical time! *Kiryn's inner theatre nerd is revealed* XD)

    Reason: Okay, and since I have no idea how many people on here are going to be familiar with musicals, and this one in particular, a little bit of backstory might be needed for full comprehension, so here we go! And yes; this is indeed a musical adaptation of the animated Disney movie, which is the version you're all probably more familiar with. Now, the two versions are the same for the most part, but there ARE some differences, which I won't get into now, as that's not really relevant, and more songs were added and created for the musical. "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" is one of those new additions; it and its kind were basically moments that were in the movie, but whereas in the movie they were scenes of characters talking or whatever to relate character moments and feelings and events, for the musical, they decided to expand those scenes into songs as well (this is basically what most of the new songs are like; this one, "I Want the Good Times Back", "Sweet Child", "She's in Love", "Human Stuff", "If Only", etc...).

    "Beyond My Wildest Dreams" is a song that Ariel sings after Eric rescues her, after she's turned human and given up her voice, and in the song she's talking about how amazing the human world is now that she's getting to explore it, with a few verses from some ensemble in there, about how some girls are jealous that she's staying in the palace and that she'll be eating dinner with Eric. The last verses are where Ariel starts talking about how amazing Eric is, too, and how everything is, well, beyond her wildest dreams. XD

    Now, on to why I consider it a shong, and why for this pairing in particular.

    See, I kinda think that N's a bit of a cross between a Magical Girl and a Disney Princess. XD So, naturally, N would be Ariel in this scenario and the song would be from his perspective. :P Once he's shaken off the toxic influences of Ghetsis, and he's really starting to explore the world, and he's seeing that, actually, most people love and appreciate their Pokemon, and that would astonish and amaze him---because he'd have dreamed, in his isolation, what the outside world would be like, but what the outside world is actually, really like is beyond all that he would have imagined that it could be. "I'd dreamed that it would be somewhat---but not like this! Look over there! Oh my God! How very odd! And what might they be? Something splendid, maybe! .... Isn't it just bedazzling, dazing, utterly amazing?!"

    And then, when others comment on N, they'd probably find him really weird, and he probably wouldn't really talk to them a lot, and instead chatter a lot to just Pokemon, and they'd be disbelieving at what Brock could possibly see in N: "Look at her there, looking 'round, won't make a sound. Just keeps on gawking, weird how she's not talking. Look at her stare! .... Chosen like this to stay for dinner, what does he see in her?" (obviously, just change the pronouns for N XD).

    Then, when N starts commenting on Brock, I think he would think similar thoughts about him that Ariel does in the song about Eric (as I think N would be very appreciative of Brock being a Pokemon doctor ^^): "Look--it's him! So handsome and refined and slim....sweet, sincere, magnificent from head to toe."

    To finish it off, it goes: "Look at it all, hall after hall, perfect as you could please here! Marvels galore, and even more---gee, did I mention he's here? And if---who knows?---all of it goes past even these extremes, just look at me, and you will see someone beyond [his] wildest dreams!"

    I just really like this song, because it speaks to the innocence of N, touches upon his wonder and how he could discover the world, and highlights how wonderful I think he'd find Brock, and it's just an empowering song of celebration, because even if life turns out totally different than you'd expected, it could still be better than you had ever imagined.
    My starters: (Osha, White) ~ (Emil, Alpha Sapphire) ~ (Byrne, Omega Ruby)

    Games I own: White, Y, ORAS

    Top ships: Ash/Gary (Palletshipping) ~ Delia/Grace (SecretlyAcquaintedMomsShipping) ~ Jessie/James (Rocketshipping) ~ Brock/N ~ Steven/Wallace (Originshipping) ~ May/Lisia/Zinnia (DragonQueensShipping)

    You can also find me as Kiryn on ffnet and MNI.

    I'm AshKiryn on LJ and AO3.

    I'm AshleyKiryn on DA.

    I'm asiryn on Tumblr.

    I'm FeatherQueen8086 on Pottermore.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeVolution View Post
    Shipping/pair:Amourshippin(Ash and Serena)
    Shong:Style
    Artist:Taylor Swift
    Reason:This song fits perfect with their shipping because she sings about their love and it can never go out of style which says amourshipping is the freshest thing in the and would never go out of style.
    I like your reasoning. I just want to add that the song is also relevant because Serena is obviously meant to be the most stylish girl that's ever travelled with Ash. The blue ribbon was his gift to her and it is something that he holds very dear to her heart, much like the paper airplane necklace in Taylor Swift's Style music video.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    I'm in a good mood today, so, here is a shong for everyone!

    The track Coming back for you by Maroon5 is a great song for all the hopeful pokéshippers.

    That is because this song fits the current position of the said ship very well and the verses go like;
    "I know there are millions of miles in between our hearts,
    But I will come running for you I don't care how far
    When you close your eyes
    Do you see me love?
    Am I keeping you awake?"
    Clearly, Ash and Misty are really far away, and Ash will (according to this song) come back to her. Furthermore, the last three lines explain Misty's state without Ash.

    And the main verses,
    "I know there are millions of miles in between our hearts
    But I will come running for you I don't care how far
    When you close your eyes
    Do you see me love?
    Am I keeping you awake?"
    are giving hope to Misty that Ash will ultimately return for her...
    Last edited by Dr.Psycho; Today at 9:38 AM.


    ~ Battle de Stare ~ The Perfect Contrast ~
    If you are a shipper and have a good taste for music, this is where its at!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    I like your reasoning. I just want to add that the song is also relevant because Serena is obviously meant to be the most stylish girl that's ever travelled with Ash. The blue ribbon was his gift to her and it is something that he holds very dear to her heart, much like the paper airplane necklace in Taylor Swift's Style music video.
    Thanks for extending my reason and I agree with everything you say.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Cool.
    The track: Paparazzi
    For: Amourshipping
    By: Lady Ga-Ga
    I honestly thought this song was perfect for amour before I even heard about shongs. Serena follows Ash, Ash is semifamous she is always dropping hints but he never notices, I think this is the perfect song for amourshipping. It also gives me the amourshiping vibes
    Last edited by xEryChan; Today at 2:20 AM.
    Too trublsm?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •