Thread: Male Protagonist and Lillie

Default Male Protagonist and Lillie

So I finished my playthrough of Moon 2 days ago and by the end of the game, Lillie seemed to have feelings for the protagonist. I've been doing some searching and apparently Moon/Lillie is very popular but Sun/Lillie is not as popular. Can someone tell me why that is? I don't dislike it or anything but Sun/Lillie is my preferred ship and it just makes more sense to me. There is much art of the two and people aren't discussing them much. Why?

I'm not really sure, but I much prefer HauxLillie tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketSand View Post
    So I finished my playthrough of Moon 2 days ago and by the end of the game, Lillie seemed to have feelings for the protagonist. I've been doing some searching and apparently Moon/Lillie is very popular but Sun/Lillie is not as popular. Can someone tell me why that is? I don't dislike it or anything but Sun/Lillie is my preferred ship and it just makes more sense to me. There is much art of the two and people aren't discussing them much. Why?
    Good question.

To add to your findings, I've noticed the similar trending of Sun (Male Game Protagonist)/Hau and Sun (Male Game Protagonist)/Gladion (as well as Gladion/Moon (Female Game Protagonist)). You may in fact be one of the few people in support of the pairing.

There is one other pairing I don't see very much of--Hau/Moon (Female Game Protagonist). I wonder why that's the case...?

More like "Toudan Refresh," am I right?
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1998
    | UPN | Kyuu-Tales
    | PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 3L / 0D
    0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
    I CLAIMED SIVALLY!
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Oh. I love this pairing so much. Seeing Lillie warm up to Sun and looked up to him was cute. And she seemed like she did had at least had a small crush on Sun at most. And Nebby could have been a child to the both of them. XD Lmao

I heard the dialogue's unchanged with Female Protagonist so wouldn't FemPro/Lillie be just as valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu-Tales View Post
    Good question.

To add to your findings, I've noticed the similar trending of Sun (Male Game Protagonist)/Hau and Sun (Male Game Protagonist)/Gladion (as well as Gladion/Moon (Female Game Protagonist)). You may in fact be one of the few people in support of the pairing.

There is one other pairing I don't see very much of--Hau/Moon (Female Game Protagonist). I wonder why that's the case...?
    That sounds like the active shippers so far for sun and moon are the males that like girlxgirl pairs and girls that like malexmale pairs but eventually these other pairs will be more active

It's like shauna & calem. boutiqueshipping (Serena & shauna) is a lot more popular with more fanart & fanfiction. While brighttomorrowshipping (calem & shauna) has extremely little fanart & doesnt seem to have a lot of shippers in comparison, for some reason. Even before shauna appeared in the anime to help boost boutiqueshipping, it was extremely hard to find any fanart for brighttomorrowshipping while relatively easy to find boutiqueshipping.
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!

Thanks secret santa!

Either the entire pokemon fandom is gay (Which I'm practically living proof of) or its simply more popular due to the demographic. Who's cute little Lillie going to appeal more to? Likely the female demographic. Who's going to be making most of the fanart? Tumblr - Which as we all know, is a wonderfully diverse community.
    The dialogue scarcely changes between characters (If at all) and if it's interpreted as a romantic relationship when it's the male character - why shouldn't it be for the female character?

(Plus Lillie is my gf holy crap)
    🌟 tumblr 🌟 click me 🌟 need to talk? 🌟