Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4151

Thread: "What's This Ship Called?" ver. 3 point 5

Quote Originally Posted by izarith View Post
    1) you certainly can. (:
    2) i'm a little confused by this question...? "differently from the norm" in what way?
    3) there's one here but it's very old and hasn't been updated in several years it seems... so no, it doesn't look like there is one at the moment. :T
    Thanks for your help! Also, question 2 was more along the lines of "If someone ships Mary x Sue as best friends instead of the more common Mary x Sue as lovers, does it require a different name or do I just make a notification somewhere?" I asked mostly because I ship BlackSquared (Touya x Kyouhei) a certain way, but most people do it differently. I'd be more specific but I feel like that'd be going too far off-topic... ^^;

In regards to question 1, it's mostly because I asked about a ship millions of years ago and I remember the name, but it seems the has ship vanished from the list since I last checked it... several years ago. (Does that make it a ghost ship? Heehee~) Does anyone know if Osaka Shipping (Bill x Whitney; gameverse) is still a thing?

Edit: Before I forget, I also wanted to ask if there are any Pokemon Conquest ships on this list yet. There's one I would like to name eventually.
    Last edited by Tour de Unova; 15th August 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tour de Unova View Post
    Thanks for your help! Also, question 2 was more along the lines of "If someone ships Mary x Sue as best friends instead of the more common Mary x Sue as lovers, does it require a different name or do I just make a notification somewhere?" I asked mostly because I ship BlackSquared (Touya x Kyouhei) a certain way, but most people do it differently. I'd be more specific but I feel like that'd be going too far off-topic... ^^;

In regards to question 1, it's mostly because I asked about a ship millions of years ago and I remember the name, but it seems the has ship vanished from the list since I last checked it... several years ago. (Does that make it a ghost ship? Heehee~) Does anyone know if Osaka Shipping (Bill x Whitney; gameverse) is still a thing?
    what i've seen some people do is put for example BlackSquared/Touya x Kyouhei (but only as friendship)Truth be a lot of people don't bother.

as for your other request it seems to be officialy known by a different name Bill & Whitney-FlauntShipping

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    what i've seen some people do is put for example BlackSquared/Touya x Kyouhei (but only as friendship)Truth be a lot of people don't bother.

as for your other request it seems to be officialy known by a different name Bill & Whitney-FlauntShipping
    Oh that's good news! I'll have to update my list later. XD I think the masterlist I have been referring to off-site is out of date or something. Not entirely sure. ^^; Thanks so much, Luthor!

Oh that's good news! I'll have to update my list later. XD I think the masterlist I have been referring to off-site is out of date or something. Not entirely sure. ^^; Thanks so much, Luthor!
    no problem.By the way is this the list that you've been using? http://shipping.bulbagarden.net/listaz.html

no problem.By the way is this the list that you've been using? http://shipping.bulbagarden.net/listaz.html
    Yes, actually. I'm not sure when the last time it was updated was. There are quite a few on there that I couldn't find over here.

"If someone ships Mary x Sue as best friends instead of the more common Mary x Sue as lovers, does it require a different name or do I just make a notification somewhere?"
    ah okay, i see! similar to what Luthor said, most of the time when people ship two characters as "just friends" they don't bother with ship names. they're pretty much solely used for romantic relationships. but it's not like there's a law against using them in a platonic manner if you really want to. ;p

Edit: Before I forget, I also wanted to ask if there are any Pokemon Conquest ships on this list yet. There's one I would like to name eventually.
    yep, they have their own sublist here. not a whole lot there yet, but i'm sure more will come soon (:

ah okay, i see! similar to what Luthor said, most of the time when people ship two characters as "just friends" they don't bother with ship names. they're pretty much solely used for romantic relationships. but it's not like there's a law against using them in a platonic manner if you really want to. ;p

yep, they have their own sublist here. not a whole lot there yet, but i'm sure more will come soon (:
    Good to know!

I would like to suggest a name for Yukimura/Masamune (Pokemon Conquest) - Basara Shipping. While I actually DO ship this in the Pokemon world (I tend to get hooked on rivalry ships for some reason) I thought referencing another series where this pair is a lot more common among fans would be a nifty little homage to Sengoku Basara.

2. If a ship has a name but I ship it differently from the norm, does my version of the ship need a different name?
    I can answer this. =) And contrary to some people's belief (argh), no. Regardless of how you 'ship it, it's still the same people if it's still the same incarnation. We've got a few 'ships to the contrary, but they're old (and in one case, just ran with the theme) so I really don't want to remove them, but yeah (thinking about it, though, I could...and I probably should). If you 'ship Kyouhei/Hilbert, doesn't matter if it's violently abusive, gentle and loveydovey, or headcanon!incesty. It's all BlackSquaredshipping. But yeah, if it's just regular friendshippy, it doesn't really need a name.

A pairing is generally assumed to be romantic, but I'll also put it out there that it doesn't necessarily have to be sexual. Plenty of people 'ship human/pokemon 'ships at a deeper level than friendship, but they don't wanna see 'em @#%*&ing, yanno? This also accounts for any asexual or gray-a romances one might also subscribe to.

8DD AND YER A BASARA PERSON! *same reason I named ChikaNari Setouchishipping*
    Last edited by Toran Frostbite; 16th August 2012 at 2:12 PM.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    I can answer this. =) And contrary to some people's belief (argh), no. Regardless of how you 'ship it, it's still the same people if it's still the same incarnation. We've got a few 'ships to the contrary, but they're old (and in one case, just ran with the theme) so I really don't want to remove them, but yeah (thinking about it, though, I could...and I probably should). If you 'ship Kyouhei/Hilbert, doesn't matter if it's violently abusive, gentle and loveydovey, or headcanon!incesty. It's all BlackSquaredshipping. But yeah, if it's just regular friendshippy, it doesn't really need a name.

A pairing is generally assumed to be romantic, but I'll also put it out there that it doesn't necessarily have to be sexual. Plenty of people 'ship human/pokemon 'ships at a deeper level than friendship, but they don't wanna see 'em @#%*&ing, yanno? This also accounts for any asexual or gray-a romances one might also subscribe to.

8DD AND YER A BASARA PERSON! *same reason I named ChikaNari Setouchishipping*
    I feel kind of bad because you guys are all thinking I ship them "friendshippy" because of the example I used, ahahahaha~ I kind of wanna ollie out into the sunrise because that's so far removed from the truth that I pretty much feel like I lied to everybody! I'm just really, really nervous about saying I ship them romantically when they're also half-brothers...

Wow, that took a lot of courage to type. I'm actually shaking. Sometimes shippers really scare me when they get fired up (wait, I'm a shipper too, what am I saying?) I'm going off-topic again. I'm sorry!

But wow, I am so glad to see more Basara fans around! Gonna add Setouchishipping to my Armada if that's okay! 8D

I feel kind of bad because you guys are all thinking I ship them "friendshippy" because of the example I used, ahahahaha~ I kind of wanna ollie out into the sunrise because that's so far removed from the truth that I pretty much feel like I lied to everybody! I'm just really, really nervous about saying I ship them romantically when they're also half-brothers...

Wow, that took a lot of courage to type. I'm actually shaking. Sometimes shippers really scare me when they get fired up (wait, I'm a shipper too, what am I saying?) I'm going off-topic again. I'm sorry!

But wow, I am so glad to see more Basara fans around! Gonna add Setouchishipping to my Armada if that's okay! 8D
    Well we also go for general explanations. XD One person's question can turn into someone else's curiosity, so it's best to make as broad an explanation as possible. Which is why I also threw in other examples (including incest and headcanon!incest, which is cool), just in case friendship really wasn't what you were aiming for, and then catapulted off friendship as a more separate issue.

We also have no reason to judge what you 'ship on this thread, given half the fandom is 649 monsters of general human intellect and we've coined poly ships with any number of humans and pogeys, and ships with objects. o3o So yeah, whatever floats your boat. Make them half-brothers, that's fine. 83 We've seen and done weirder. So yeah, /this thread/ is a safe place (and screw anyone who says, 'Ew').

^^ And that's fine~
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    Well we also go for general explanations. XD One person's question can turn into someone else's curiosity, so it's best to make as broad an explanation as possible. Which is why I also threw in other examples (including incest and headcanon!incest, which is cool), just in case friendship really wasn't what you were aiming for, and then catapulted off friendship as a more separate issue.

We also have no reason to judge what you 'ship on this thread, given half the fandom is 649 monsters of general human intellect and we've coined poly ships with any number of humans and pogeys, and ships with objects. o3o So yeah, whatever floats your boat. Make them half-brothers, that's fine. 83 We've seen and done weirder. So yeah, /this thread/ is a safe place (and screw anyone who says, 'Ew').

^^ And that's fine~
    That's pretty awesome. Thanks so much for clearing all that up for me!

For the sake of sticking to the topic, I have another question:

Is there a name for Sird/Giovanni? I see that ship coming a mile away and I think the names on here are really clever so I figured I'd ask about this one.
    . a d d i c t e d t o t u m b l r .
    Dear Touya | Prepare For Trouble | Voice Acting

Is there a name for Sird/Giovanni? I see that ship coming a mile away and I think the names on here are really clever so I figured I'd ask about this one.
    Giovanni/Sird is actually unnamed. ^^; She doesn't have many 'ships.
    Get it right.

Some more submissions
    ChromeDomeShipper- Colress & Spenser (Frontier)
    DealerShipper- Grimsley & Spenser (Frontier)
    DocShipper-Sho & Brock
    GurlShipper- Sho & Dawn
    HomegirlShipper-Sho & Elesa
    NosferatuShipper- Grimsley & Sird
    PinnipedShipper-Sealeo & Seel

Do Rocketchu Shippings count in this?? Or not??

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    Do Rocketchu Shippings count in this?? Or not??
    not sure, i haven't seen any on there.

Is there a name for Kenny x Misty?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Is there a name for Kenny x Misty?
    yeah its EnvyShipping - Kenny & Misty

For Conquest, can I suggest the name ConflictingStragetyShipping for HanbeixKanbei, For Regular; SwordsmanshipShipping for SamurottxGallade, and SplashingInfernoShipping for LitwickxOshawott?

If the names aren't taken of course...

Also, Does anyone know the shipping name of Tori (Destiny Deoxys) and May?
    Last edited by Lost™; 20th August 2012 at 3:54 AM.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Also, Does anyone know the shipping name of Tori (Destiny Deoxys) and May?
    tory/may is distanceshipping (:

tory/may is distanceshipping (:
    Thanks!

Now, can we suggest X-Over Names here?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Thanks!

Now, can we suggest X-Over Names here?
    hmm... well, you could, but i'm pretty sure crossover ship names aren't being collected anymore.
    the crossover list is in "archival mode" & i don't think it's going to be updated anytime soon...

last name submissions for this month
    BustShipper-Officer Jenny & Georgia
    DriftWinShipper-Phione & Victini
    NinjaFlowerShipper-Koga & Delia
    NativeCourtShipper- Natu & Woobat
    XtremeCOTDShipper-Sho & Katie (Hoenn)

What Ash x Georgia? And are the names BadGrapesShipping and PriestessOfTempleShipping taken?

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    What Ash x Georgia? And are the names BadGrapesShipping and PriestessOfTempleShipping taken?
    ash/georgia is confidenceshipping

aaand as far as i can tell, both of those names are available (:
    actually, straight-up "PriestessShipping" seems to be available if you're interested in shortening the second one! though that is a lot of S's in a row...

yeah its EnvyShipping - Kenny & Misty
    Must... Resist... Laughter...

Anyway, so, is there a name for Ash's Staraptor x Ash's Unfezant?

Page 103 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast