Page 106 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4706

Thread: "What's This Ship Called?" (Updated: February 27, 2017)

  1. #2626
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ^ he suggested it with tides though. i think you can use characters in names (ie: #_51shipping)
    I'm not sure on the ruling then because i know some which have had dashes in had to be altered and were changed(XWingShipper) but for with tides i'm not certain.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    ^ he suggested it with tides though. i think you can use characters in names (ie: #_51shipping)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I'm not sure on the ruling then because i know some which have had dashes in had to be altered and were changed(XWingShipper) but for with tides i'm not certain.
    Flat out no: tildes are out. If you need a reason: trying to search "~Fabulous~shipping" on google is a dud, and it doesn't even return the regular Fabulousshipping. The only reason #_51 gets away with the pound+underscore is because it searches certain enough AND you can take out both the underscore and pound and still have a unique name to fall under, in cases such as tumblr searches.

    Hyphens just null themselves so no point in having them. Also, tumblr is allergic to hyphens in tags, so they are a no go in all cases.

    So yes, keep punctuation to a minimum. Or not at all. Actually, no punctuation and similar marks. You're better off in the long-run with just numbers and letters.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  3. #2628

    Default

    okay, we just have to wait for this person to tells us what he tends to name the pair unless we are automatically going with the other suggestion. i just like it when the person who brings up the pair gets to name it but that's just me. it's not my place to say anything on that since i dont make the rules.
    岩根雅明=♡

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    okay, we just have to wait for this person to tells us what he tends to name the pair unless we are automatically going with the other suggestion. i just like it when the person who brings up the pair gets to name it but that's just me. it's not my place to say anything on that since i dont make the rules.
    No, you're on the right track. The user has to definitely say, "this (insert name) is what I want," or it's considered not formalized, even in such processes of elimination. If TeaConnoisseur is it, it has to be said by them.
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    First: I'm a girl, as my username suggests. -_-

    I'm a bit split up between DominoShipping, TeaConnoisseurShipping, and VinelashShipping. VinelashShipping and TeaConnoisseurShipping are both more straightforward, but VinelashShipping makes me think of something... else *ahem* and the latter is a bit too long. DominoShipping, on the other hand, is a (rather subtle) reference to a character in another fandom, who made me think up this ship.

    I think I'll either name it DominoShipping or VinelashShipping. I'll think about it.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Is there a name for Iris/Nate?

    | tumblr. | dA |

  7. #2632

    Default

    ^royaleshipping
    岩根雅明=♡

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    Flat out no: tildes are out. If you need a reason: trying to search "~Fabulous~shipping" on google is a dud, and it doesn't even return the regular Fabulousshipping. The only reason #_51 gets away with the pound+underscore is because it searches certain enough AND you can take out both the underscore and pound and still have a unique name to fall under, in cases such as tumblr searches.

    Hyphens just null themselves so no point in having them. Also, tumblr is allergic to hyphens in tags, so they are a no go in all cases.

    So yes, keep punctuation to a minimum. Or not at all. Actually, no punctuation and similar marks. You're better off in the long-run with just numbers and letters.
    ok cool.Thanks for the Clarification.

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    495

    Default

    RoyaleShipping... Thanks. ^^

    | tumblr. | dA |

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mental hospital
    Posts
    3,657

    Default

    Wow. All these self shippys are getting popular

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    GothChampShipper - Cynthia & Lucario
    DragonBeamShipper - Clair & Dragonair
    Thanks !!
    Bianca (BW) and self-unamed as far as i can see.
    Hm... I want to name it ClumsyBlonde Shippy nya~

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Town~
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to rename a ship you yourself made, or at least give it an alternate name?
    2. Is MirrorImageShipping taken?

    Oh, and new ship name:
    SapphireEyesShipping- Blue Eyes/Lunick (To compliment RubyEyesShipping)
    OldMusicBoxShipping, or if not taken MusicBoxShipping- N/His room.
    ReverieShipping- Nick (Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs)/Dream World
    OneKeithLimitShipping- Keith (Ranger)/ Keith (Shadows of Almia)
    Pokémon games I own: Diamond, Platinum, White, HeartGold, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Time, Ranger, Shadows of Almia, Guardian Signs, Colosseum.
    Currently reading the Ginji's Rescue Team manga.

    RangerShipping, my OTP~

    Solana x Lunick forever~!

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Heart shaped box
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    What's the shipping name of:

    - Gary (or Blue--the FRLG rival) x Bianca
    - Dawn x Cheren
    - Gary x Dawn (as in their game-self--or in their anime-self, is there a separate names for them?)
    - Cinccino x Liepard
    - Gothitelle x Alakazam
    - Mandibuzz x Marowak
    - Vullaby x Cubone

    i'm in shock e-electric shock!

    { twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    the bottom 'o heck
    Posts
    698

    Default

    VinelashShipping and DominoShipping seem good, but I don't get what Domino is for ._. VinelashShipping seems more...grassy. And sexy

    u spin me right round nozzle right round

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Moon View Post
    What's the shipping name of:

    - Gary (or Blue--the FRLG rival) x Bianca
    - Dawn x Cheren
    - Gary x Dawn (as in their game-self--or in their anime-self, is there a separate names for them?)
    - Cinccino x Liepard
    - Gothitelle x Alakazam
    - Mandibuzz x Marowak
    - Vullaby x Cubone
    seems to be unamed - Blue (Game) & Bianca
    ExpectationShipper - Gary & Bianca (BW)
    BeamyDarknessShipper - Cheren & Dawn
    EarthLightShipper - Blue (game) & Dawn
    CavalierShipper - Gary & Dawn
    seems to be unnamed- Cinccino & Liepard
    seems to be unnamed- Alakazam & Gothitelle
    seems to be unnamed- Mandibuzz & Marowak
    seems to be unnamed- Cubone & Vullaby

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    VinelashShipping and DominoShipping seem good, but I don't get what Domino is for ._. VinelashShipping seems more...grassy. And sexy
    I'm not expecting anyone to get what DominoShipping is for. XD Vinelash is indeed sexier... which is why I feel uncomfortable with it D=

  16. #2641
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Heart shaped box
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Hmm... I'll try to submit, then.

    BoneQueenshipper - Mandibuzz x Marowak
    SkullChildshipping - Vullaby x Cubone
    PsyGothshipping - Alakazam x Gothitelle

    i'm in shock e-electric shock!

    { twitter // tumblr // shop // credit to f(x) }

  17. #2642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I'm not expecting anyone to get what DominoShipping is for. XD Vinelash is indeed sexier... which is why I feel uncomfortable with it D=
    at the same time, look at kansasshipping
    岩根雅明=♡

  18. #2643
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sore wa himitsu desu~
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Jirachi View Post
    I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to rename a ship you yourself made, or at least give it an alternate name?
    Unless you named it in the last two-three months (read as: part of the last update), no, it's not possible to rename a pairing you specifically named.

    As for an alternate, that depends what the reason is. If it's "you hate the name you gave it," chances are veryveryvery slim you'd be allowed to. If it's because your name has a contraction in it (like Don'tfeedthesquirrels or It'sTime) or had an abreviated 'and' in there (SaltnPepper, Hot'n'Cold), your alternate can only be to noncontrationalize...if you get the meaning (Donotfeedthesquirrels, ItisTime, SaltandPepper [or even Salt'n'Pepper], HotandCold).

    If it's because your name is problematic, inappropriate/triggery, or flat-out gross (as in to think of, not the name itself), like how *****holeshipping and HelpI'veGotCrabsinmyPantsshipping were, you can have a legit name change (those were changed to Brokebackshipping and Cyamidaeshipping).

    If the name is "too long" (like It'sMyBattleAndI'llFlyIfIWantTo), you are allowed a shortening of that name.

    All kinds of exceptions, but they don't happen often. So what's your situation?
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

    shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

  19. #2644
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Jirachi View Post
    I have two questions:

    2. Is MirrorImageShipping taken?
    Dosn't seem to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I'm not expecting anyone to get what DominoShipping is for. XD Vinelash is indeed sexier... which is why I feel uncomfortable with it D=
    The only reason i would advise against dominoshipping is because of the character domino.May lead to extra confusion.But thats purely my recomendation feel free to ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Moon View Post
    Hmm... I'll try to submit, then.

    BoneQueenshipper - Mandibuzz x Marowak
    SkullChildshipping - Vullaby x Cubone
    PsyGothshipping - Alakazam x Gothitelle
    awesome.Oh and if your interested the pairings
    Gothorita x kadabra
    Abra x Gothita are also seemingly free.

  20. #2645

    Default

    hey can you ship someone with all of their pokemon or is it just dawn?
    岩根雅明=♡

  21. #2646
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    hey can you ship someone with all of their pokemon or is it just dawn?
    do you mean all their pokemon at the same time or a different shipping for the character and each of their pokemon?

  22. #2647

    Default

    with all their pokemon at the same time (ie: cheerleadershipping) (or is it cheerleading?)
    岩根雅明=♡

  23. #2648
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    with all their pokemon at the same time (ie: cheerleadershipping) (or is it cheerleading?)
    CheerLeadingShipper - Dawn & her Pokemon

    i see what you going for.I don't think there any hard and fast rule agianst it as far as i'm aware.Of course with some characters who have 5 or or less pokemon the individual pokemon are probably named.For whom did you wish to name?

  24. #2649

    Default

    i wanted to name all the commanders and their pokemon since they aren't named (ei: Mars and her Pokemon)
    岩根雅明=♡

  25. #2650
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    i wanted to name all the commanders and their pokemon since they aren't named (ei: Mars and her Pokemon)
    as far i can see i don't think it'll be a problem.Obviously it's up to toran's discretion but if cheerleading is allowed then it's probably okay.

Page 106 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •