I think it's about time to bring this back.

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
Ok. I'm going to be really, really honest with y'all, because there's only one good way to do this.

See this link? This is the official shipping name list.

Now, I have no control over this list. I'm not associated with it in any way, shape, or form. That's my general disclaimer.

If you would be so kind as to direct your attention to the upper left corner of the webpage, you should notice a line that says "updated: Feb 18.16". At some point between now and never, that date will be changed. That means the list has been updated with all formally recognized names. I don't have any control over when the list is updated, nor do I have any special advance notice. If there is any confusion over that, please read the disclaimer again. Now, if your pairing is included in the update, you have an answer. If your pairing is not included in the update, that means that either no suggestion was made, or the suggestion was not recognized. At that time, it would be best to start making submissions, or inquiring about any unofficial names in usage.
The list has not been updated since December 31, 2016. There is exactly no chance at all that any USUM pairings are on it. I highly doubt that they will be on the next update, either. If you're looking for names, wait. If you're suggesting names, you can do so, but don't expect them to be added anytime soon.