Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Max's Hoenn Journey

Quote Originally Posted by super riolu31 View Post
    hehe, may, im gonna save a life but ill be back for lunch.

other than that, a mistery girl!!!!
    probably maxes ex girlfriend or something.

no spelling problems other than possibly pokecentre because i call it pokemon center or pc
    Thanks for reviewing and an interesting idea SuperRiolu - however we'll see next chapter. And yea quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Nice work here. I enjoyed the battle, but it just so suddenly lapsed into the woman and her Shuppet, that I didn't know what was going on.

Oh, and I don't think lunch is supposed to be capitalized. True, it is a very importent part of the day, but it is not capitalized.

Oh, and I don't know her name, but I do remember the mystery woman from the Shuppet episode in AG. I liked her character.
    Yes that's the woman and she's back in town! And I'm sorry about the lapse didn' mean to make it sound choppy. And Lunch or lunch I don't really know wither thank you for reviewing and I'm pleased that yourreviews keep on geting more positive.

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

Wow awesome storys can I be pm listed
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Current Shiny Hunt: Chespin (241 eggs)

Completed Shiny hunts: Staryu (18 eggs)
    Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/m9obo5.jpg[/IMG]
    cyndaquil,chickorita chao and totodile chao from team brushfire

Quote Originally Posted by sasukeanditachi View Post
    Wow awesome storys can I be pm listed
    Thank you its good to get new readers aboard and I would love to know what you like about it as that would help me a lot thank you.

Unfortuantely I dont run a PM system but I would reccomend perhaps subscrbing for new epdates or alternatively just wait for my VM which I send whenether a new Chapter is posted.

I would like to point out that Chapter 15 will most likely be delayed due to my exams and revision for them and also guess what coursework so i need to complete that before I can really work on the Chapter.

Wowwwwie i likeeee it

Spoiler:- credit:

Great chapter. I didn't find any mistakes, you must've worked hard on this chapter.

The outsider of Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
    Wowwwwie i likeeee it
    Yes another new reviewer! Glad you liked it. Also could you say what you liked as I like to know readers opinions! Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by TorterraGuy View Post
    Great chapter. I didn't find any mistakes, you must've worked hard on this chapter.
    Yea I spent so much time on this one Chapter and I'm glad that there's so much action and new plots in it as it will make the next few Chapters a fun fest and I can tell you after that! You'll be blown away! Or maybe not we'll just wait and see

Interesting chapter. I think did have quite a bunch of run-on sentences some of them were pretty long. Roxanne seems to have had a hard time. I was able to imagine what was happening pretty well. It's cool to have Murkrow have some attention. And I wonder how that lady was at the end. Part of me thinks Phoebe or Solidad, guess I'll have to read on.~

I pretty much enjoyed this chapter, thanks for sharing.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    Interesting chapter. I think did have quite a bunch of run-on sentences some of them were pretty long. Roxanne seems to have had a hard time. I was able to imagine what was happening pretty well. It's cool to have Murkrow have some attention. And I wonder how that lady was at the end. Part of me thinks Phoebe or Solidad, guess I'll have to read on.~

I pretty much enjoyed this chapter, thanks for sharing.
    Yay another review! Thank you is what I'll say first. Yes sorry about the run on sentences I just felt that they would and did add some things to the story however it obviously wouldnt go down with everyone so sorry.

Roxanne hopefully had good Character development here - I felt like I was neglecting her since Chapter 10 or 11 really seeing as she was basically just there or maybe said one or 2 lines of speech and maybe had one interaction so I thought yes lets fianlly develop her! And hopefully the development she recieves in upcoming chapters would be worth the wait. Hopefully! And some good gueses, and you are _____ and yes hopefully you will read on!
    Last edited by harryheart; 21st June 2009 at 6:00 PM.

Sorry for the slight delay of this Chapter but I really wasn't happy with the first edit so really did a lot of overhaul work to it. Now Max has a new member added to his team. Enjoy!

Please review and rate!

Also remember to check out - Max's Hoenn Journey Intro 1

Chapter 15: Sigh Puppet

The slim, toned woman stood there with a shocked expression papered onto her pale white face, as if she had witnessed a ghost in the presence of Max, he returned her emotions with the exact same look, yet also feeling a fuzzy warmth manifest inside. He recognised this lady and her Shuppet from somewhere during his last travels through the region. It was as if fate had concealed itself the first time they met, Emily and Shuppet were now back in his life, ready to play an important part in his future and development into becoming a Pok&#233;mon trainer, one who was talented and exceptional in power but also with a soft centred heart that would love any Pok&#233;mon, and this is exactly what their role would test, they just didn’t know it.

Her appearance hadn’t changed that much, except she seemed slightly taller, however that could’ve been from the turquoise coloured high heels she had wrapped around her feet, or the fact that she was a fair distance away and he now knew what tricks the world could play on you. It was a dream come true, one of the first Pok&#233;mon he had ever really bonded with was back in his life, even if it was only going to be for a brief experience, but the ecstatic emotions were back and his heart was pounding again, something he very rarely experienced nowadays.

“Emily, Shuppet! It’s so good to see the both of you again. I’d like you to meet the Rustboro Gym Leader Roxanne who has been looking after me this past month on my own journey, she has been a real help and taught me so much that will become vital in my future journey.”

“A pleasure to meet one of Max’s friends,” she replied walking forward and grasping her hand in a tight grip that showed a true sign of her business physique, “And a pleasure to meet such a talented Gym Leader. Your prowess on the battle field is something all young Hoenn Girls try to emulate and I believe it is such talent that should be recognised over pitiful cocky trainers that just haven’t experienced the true justice of being a Pok&#233;mon Trainer, sorry Max. However, I think we have a more pressing matter at the moment and we should leave the rest of the pleasantries to later,” she sighed pointing over to the cowering wreck on the floor, whimpering like an injured Poochyena needing a loving touch, yet too afraid to ask. He cowered out of the sunlight, afraid of its tickling warmth that changed his sensations. It was as if he had become just a lump of flesh newly born into the world without any senses of his whereabouts and surroundings. Max felt a deepening pity for the young lad but there wasn’t a lot it seemed he could do.

“Excuse me? Can you tell us a name?” Max inquisitively asked slowly bending down to become face to face with the young lad staring up at them, calming his nerves a bit as he realised the peaceful and caring emotions that Max was emitting by just levelling himself out, becoming face to face with the young lad. It seemed as if conversation was a friend in some way, able to act tranquil and show him attention that he needed being so much like a baby, to be honest it was rather scary to watch a young boy lowered into such a primitive sort of being, however this was leading him to become somewhat excited for the arrival of his baby sibling.

“I...I I’m sorry, I don’t know. I need help, can someone help me?” he stuttered, breaking into tears as he barely finished his sparse but definitive sentence. He had no idea what was going on and didn’t even know the simple complexity of his personality – it was as if his whole nature and memories had been wiped somehow from the core of his memories, but for what purpose? It was too complicated to tell.

“So you have no clue at all what your name is?” Emily asked back at the boy who was intuitively wiping the salty tears from his soggy cheeks. He looked her directly in the face and attentively shook his head, no words needed to describe that.

“Not even a first name?” The boy again shook his head in response. They were stumped and puzzled; no one had ever come across something like this on their travels and they were running dry of ideas, having to resort to bear minimum questions to try and achieve anything. It just didn’t seem possible that such simple questions were unable to trigger a response of any sort. How could someone end up in this state?

“Well there is something I could try at least,” Emily spoke, waving her Shuppet over to her side. There was a very old technique she had recently studied about Shuppet’s abilities, which could indeed solve the problems at hand, however the downside was that she had only encountered it on paper and hadn’t had a chance to put it into practice, but it seemed as if now was the perfect chance.

“Okay Shuppet, you know exactly what I mean, so let’s give it a go. Help the poor boy with your ability,” Emily commanded as her dear Pok&#233;mon drifted toward the cringing heap. Shuppet cried out as if in pain, straining his body as he created an eerie violet light to sparkle entirely around the boy, flaming the terrors inside of his brain. He had no idea what was going on around him, and to make matters worse he really had no clue about Pok&#233;mon much either, which seemed to continue vamping his horrors. Shuppet still seemed in pain and Max felt compelled to turn his back; however his curiosity continued to get the better of him, especially when the glowing indigo substance slid slowly up the boys’ clothes until they grouped around his head, spiralling for a short while as if gauging their bearings and then with ease shooting straight inside his skull, right through the darkened crisp hair. There was literally no time to react to the outcome. The boy began to tremble rapidly, shaking and shaking as if building up to something climatic, and that’s what it was. With a deafening, piercing buzz everyone’s vision became clouded with a vague purple shimmer, haunted with an essence of white as a strange sensation overcame them all, feeling as if it was loosening their will and tearing them apart from something. It wasn’t just the boy that was being affected by Shuppet’s ability but everyone in the vicinity as well. Max tried to keep his conscience awake through the entire process, nonetheless it felt as if something was tugging at his clothing from behind and he was easily carried off into the surrounding violet space with no idea of the direction he was headed.

The area was as still as ice with the grass shoots from the ground motionless as a camera snap. Roxanne opened her eyes to see water droplets that had come detached from the strands of grass to just be floating in their last position, in the exact same state as everything else. It seemed majestic and powerful as these images seemed to be captured in desirable poses that could truly show the complete beauty that always surrounded them wherever on the Earth they were, whether old or young or rich or poor, nature was everyone’s’. She couldn’t have asked for a better view than the one she received, however there was no way possible to deter from the apparent question, where had she ended up?

She could still see everyone else lying immobile on the ground, but she wasn’t quite sure whether they were also in this stopped time state; and her fear of loneliness just seemed to be centred in her mind. That childhood event had scarred her, not just physically but also within her emotions and personality and there was no way of escaping it. She could only hope to protect others who could potentially be arriving towards the same position she was once faced with. People that needed comfort, plus that’s exactly what she needed right now, the love from someone, the warmth and glow that people radiated whenever being around another person. It was that which she had lost when she was only 10, alone in the woods by herself with no Pok&#233;mon to protect her, all left back at home for this one exploration, just to get berries for supper. She had to eradicate the memory from her mind; she had to get back to Max.

Her gentle shoves seemed to stir no life into Max; he just flopped back and forth enticing no reaction. She was afraid, immensely terrified. She could really emote to Max and his experiences a matter of days before being trapped in the past. That could be it, Max’s pendant. If only she could grasp it, then her way home could be shown.

She riffled through Max’s belongings, searching every capacity in his sallow coloured backpack which she indeed thought contained the item of interest. However, it was the same old story for her, no luck; if it wasn’t stored inside his bag then where else would it be...his neck. She pulled the collar of the jade t-shirt down where a black string sat snug in his flesh, attached to the lilac pendant draping down his front. He had found time to fix it, and that meant she could possibly be saved from wherever the hell she was, she just needed to figure out how to use it.

She clenched it tightly within her fist as if she felt it was going to be ripped from her not knowing what to do. Did she just have to hold it or was there something else that needed to be done, if only she had bothered Max enough to explain in detail how he returned.

‘Shup,’ something cried from behind Roxanne, spooking her into twisting around and eyeing up the Pok&#233;mon. It was none other than Shuppet, who, compared to everything else was free to move around in the halted condition everything was in. Roxanne could smile again, she wasn’t alone, and even if it was a Pok&#233;mon they still cared for people just lie any human did, sometimes even more. It shimmered over to her side with its sort of overhaul as skin flapping around the opening to its body, like the general image of ghosts people had accumulated over the years. The rainbow coloured eyes it had seemed depressed and saddened as its movements described a sense of being lost and away from everything. He slowly lowered his body against her auburn hair, perching upon the gaping ribbon that held it all together.

“Hey little buddy, it seems you’re stuck here to,” Roxanne gently whispered patting the purple coloured pointy tip to Shuppet. He nuzzled at her hair which she could tell was his answer just by his feelings and senses, no words needed.

Yes I am, but I’m afraid to say I think it was me that put us here,’ a ghostly voice commented from out of nowhere. Roxanne quickly raised herself from the floor, glancing around for the owner of the tone. There was no-one in visible sight, the trees were frozen and everything in them were frozen, yet she couldn’t notice any movement around the wooden barks.

“It couldn’t have been you Shuppet, so who was it?”

How do you know it wasn’t me, honestly I’m the psychic type here surely I would be able to communicate someway to you, such as speaking to you telepathically. It’s quite simple after a few lessons of trying. This is how Emily and I always communicate.

“Well I’ll be damned, so nice to speak to you then. But, backtracking a little, how did you put us here?”

Quite simple actually, the ability of mine that I was using should have only primarily worked upon the boy over there, where I would enter his mind and try and unlock something that was blocking his memories, or at least see if something was. But when I had got inside something tried so hard to get me back out again, fighting me everywhere I went and there was no way for me to contain the energy I was using. Before I knew it I was thrown out with the Telepathic energy being cast across a certain radius and hopefully getting whatever was inside that boys head, but it must have got us too, and considering I was right next to you, you probably got caught in the throwback lapse which is a stopped state of time.

“Umm, okay. Didn’t really understand that but it’ll do. My main question I suppose is: how do we get out?”

Now that’s the tricky part. You see we only read up about this and it says all Pok&#233;mon that use this will be sent into a state of stopped reality so they can recharge their strength before going back into normal time. However it also stated that Pok&#233;mon should be able to get back doing the same process, but I don’t feel like I can possibly do that.

“I see...the only thing I can possibly do is support you here seeing as we need to get back, and I believe you can do it.”

But...

“No buts, you need to believe in yourself and have full confidence that you can succeed.” Shuppet nodded in reply. If he was going to lose faith then what purpose would that solve, there would always be bumps in the road, maybe nothing as major as this but definitely things that would seem to attempt to hold him back. He closed his eyes tight, concentrating on his surroundings and the telepathic energy, trying to become two separate beings again. All Roxanne saw was the same flash of light that engulfed her body, making it limb and weak before whisking her into a sub state of consciousness.

Max groaned as he pushed himself out of the murky puddle he had plummeted into, his clothes had become soaked and stained with some splashing upon his neck. He wiped it off with the cuff of his shirt, noticing something different there. The pendant had gone, not hanging around his neck. How long had he been out? Was it long enough for someone to steal it? But how could they have known it was there? Before he could properly begin to dwell over the matter, the young boy who had slid underneath the Oran Tree was now coming to, shaking the clay dirt from his clothes.

“Are you okay,” Max asked.

“Yes, yes I am now, thanks to Emily’s Shuppet. He was able to combat what the people had put in my brain to stop me remembering, and now I’m glad I can.”

“This is great, I’m pleased it’s all come back but I’m so sorry that you’ve been through some rough times lately. What exactly happened, umm, sorry what’s your name?”

“Tim Cringer.”

“What! You’re the boy that was taken by that evil team last night from the Pok&#233;Centre near Mauville City, right?”

“Yes, that’s exactly what happened, or so to speak. It all seemed to happen so quickly, but I can remember them keeping me in a cage on one of their helicopters where they took my Pok&#233;mon away from me before taking me into the laboratory and pumping lots of liquids into my body. After that I can only really remember walking into a hazy area until you lot arrived.” He placed his hand against his belt, feeling the cold surfaces of PokeBalls rubbing against his hand, a joyous reminder that they were now back with him, safe in his company.

“Max, hurry over here, quickly, come,” Roxanne cried as she stooped over Shuppet who was lying completely still against the floor. He wasn’t moving, but at least had a tepid pulse beating through the spike appendage on his forehead. Emily was cradling Shuppet’s head and neck in the soft crevasses of her overall that kept him snug and comfy even though he most probably wasn’t. Max couldn’t believe it. Shuppet had done something so magical, so wonderful for the welfare of someone else and now had ended up in a fragile and weak state, battered by his grace. Nurse Joy was going to be his only chance of survival and a quick recovery, but they needed to rush him there now before the fever really broke out.

“Emily, we need to get Shuppet to Nurse Joy right away, she’s the only one that is going to be able to help.”

“Yea, you’re definitely right, but I have no idea where the next one is and it’ll probably be too late for Shuppet if we go to one in Petalburg,” she spoke in fragile manner, resisting the urge to let the tears pour down her cheeks.

“There’s one about ten minutes away, so if we run we can get there sooner and hopefully give Shuppet enough time to recover. Matthew send Butterfree along now to get everyone prepared for Shuppet’s arrival; that way treatment can happen quicker.”

“Hmm, okay. Butterfree go warn Nurse Joy of our arrival, thanks buddy,” the trainer from Kanto ordered as his Bug Pok&#233;mon flew off in the direction they were all about to follow, leaving behind a misty pastel vapour that were rather like their own signal guidelines.

“Max, I want you to take Shuppet, I trust you with his life and I know you will look after him, Roxanne and I will catch up with you afterwards, I just need to have a quick chat with her, okay? Now run along.” Max didn’t need to be told twice, his legs were already speeding towards the narrow path that was only a few hundred metres before reaching the clearing in which the Pok&#233;Centre was. Right now there was no chance to worry about what the two women were discussing, or concentrate on the amazing scenic views that surrounded him on all sides, in the forests and the sparkling waters. His concentration had to be on the safety of Shuppet.

“Nurse Joy! Nurse Joy! This Shuppet here seems to be running a high fever and feels very weak, however we have no idea what happened to it to get it into this position, but everything relevant I will explain to you when my friends arrive, as they may knew more on the situation.”

“You’re very lucky you got it here when you did, I’ll take care of Shuppet right away, and your Butterfree sir is in the canteen being fed some Pok&#233;mon food, I’ll come talk to you in there in around ten minutes when we have a clearer picture of the matter with Shuppet,” the pink haired lad stated, immediately tying up her nursing coat and grabbing a trolley full of medical equipment before charging straight towards the double doors where Chansey had taken the sick Pok&#233;mon. All Max could do was stand there, helpless as Shuppet was undergoing medical treatment, most likely in agony. He couldn’t really bother caring what others were doing in the Clinic, or really what Roxanne and Emily were busy discussing. All Max could focus upon was the situation in front of him, and it didn’t look good.

“Max? Is everything okay?” Roxanne’s familiar voice said as she walked up to the boy after only just arriving. He couldn’t and wasn’t going to answer, all he wanted right now was Shuppet and unfortunately that was impossible, nothing else seemed to matter, Charmander, Budew and Murkrow had all just become lost in his thoughts while Shuppet pushed itself to the front and fore centre of everything. Both Roxanne and Emily just stood there in unison with Max, trying to offer all the support they possibly could to the young boy. Seeing a Pok&#233;mon enter that state must’ve horrendous and for someone so dear to Max... Both Matthew and Tim avoided the huddle, walking straight into the canteen where they would wait for the news, it seemed wrong to them to interrupt.

“Max! Oh there you are; I have some great news for you all to hear. Shuppet is going to do just fine and all it needs is long therapeutic sessions which we can offer here for no cost, where Shuppet will just recharge its strength and have enough rest so that it can continue on with you all. But I do recommend it stays here for at least another four days so I can monitor its condition and help it on the way to recovery. Sorry if that causes any inconvenience,” Nurse Joy softly suggested as she flicked a curl of her innocent cherry coloured hair away from her face to make herself seem neat and tidy, a sort of hobby to her.

“No, not at all that is definitely fine. I was planning on doing just that anyway,” Emily immediately commented, “I’ll leave Shuppet in your capable hands. I’ll come and sign the paperwork in one moment; I just need to talk to Max.”

“Okay, I’ll be at reception where all your other Pok&#233;mon are waiting, fit and healthy.” She turned her back and wandered off, heading through the canteen kitchen straight into the main lobby of the hospital which Max use to mistake as being a hotel lobby before May corrected him. Ha, what funny thoughts, he contemplated, realising that he wasn’t the real geek he considered himself to be, but instead was just as regular as everyone else was.

“Right Max, I know this might sound hasty but it will only be for a week so I’m not going to burden you at all, or so Roxanne says. But I spoke to her about leaving Shuppet here with you for a while, as I have to attend a catering course in Jubilife City tomorrow so I’m flying out tonight. I will be back in around a week’s time where I can meet you in Rustboro to collect Shuppet again, but I think it’s too soon to move it while it is still ill. So, what do you say, will you take it?”

“What? Really? Of course, I’d love to, we could spend so much time together and I’m sure I can get it healthy in no time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!” he screamed grabbing Emily’s bear arms and planting a soft short kiss upon her cheek, “I’m so thankful that you trust me enough.”

“Now hold on tiger, if you are taking him then I’d like you to do one more thing for me. You see this item here, it’s a recording of a Shuppet using Charge Beam and I’d be so grateful if you could teach my dear friend Charge Beam at all, as I know it would definitely help you in developing into a trainer.”

“Why, most certainly; this next week is going to be so much fun I’ll have Shuppet loaded with so many stories to tell you,” he chuckled as his eagerness swiped a small smile onto Emily’s face.

Small tears crept casually into the baggy pockets under Max’s eyes as Emily was closing in upon Petalburg where her plane to Sinnoh awaited, giving her new chances in enhancing her culinary skills and attracting more customers to her hotel business that now had a few chains slowly but surely popping up around Hoenn. She seemed so relaxed as she left her beloved Pok&#233;mon in the capable hands of Max as her majestic rosy hair gently waved a goodbye in the evening breeze. Shuppet was now going to enjoy a full week with Max and Roxanne and they weren’t going to let the opportunity of time together pass.
    Last edited by harryheart; 23rd June 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Another Great Chapter, HarryHeart! Hm. nice new character. I didn't the girl would be a new character. Anyway, it is cool how Max gets to borrow a Shuppet for a week. Good Luck!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

This is a really nice chapter, i think Shuppet is going to be a great addition to Max's team, even if it's only for a short time.

I don't really remember the girl with the Shuppet, but she seems like an interesting character.
    Last edited by Blue Snover; 28th June 2009 at 9:11 PM.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

cool, shuppet is a good addition to his team, even if it is temporary.

good chapter

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Another Great Chapter, HarryHeart! Hm. nice new character. I didn't the girl would be a new character. Anyway, it is cool how Max gets to borrow a Shuppet for a week. Good Luck!
    Thank You for getting your review in - its so great to have three reviews when I wake up and switch the laptop on! Thank You. Yes I thought that I wanted to bring Shuppet back and I was contemplating puting on his team for good however I'm afraid it just didn't work really so he's staying part time - lol - but he will be re-appearing quite often and I do have something up my sleeve for him

I dont quite understand what you mean about the girl would be a new character as she appeared in the Advanced region and its that Shuppet and that Emily - sorry if you already knew that didn't quite understand what you meant. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    This is a really nice chapter, i think Shuppet is going to be a great addition to Max's team, even if it's only for a short time.
    Yay another Snovy review. It is good that Shuppet is back even if it is only for a short time. He will play such an important part in Max's future role and I'm so excited he got to play it. All will become apparent when they arrive in Slateport - in Chapter 34 -

Quote Originally Posted by super riolu31 View Post
    cool, shuppet is a good addition to his team, even if it is temporary.

good chapter
    Thank You - its nice to have all these reviews - I hope my description in that was better as the reason I wasn't originally pleased with it was because I did pretty poorly in my description and basically badly need to improve it.

Now since I started the planing about 1 year ago I knew I wanted Suppet to be given to Max for a short period of time! So I was so excited I finally got to wright that chapter!

Quite a calm chapter compared to the cliffhangers recently.I thought this was an okay chapter. Good descriptions on Emily and the descriptions seem to be getting better. Emily sounded quite okay, and seemed to care for her shuppet. It's gonna be interesting how Max spends his week with Shuppet as an addiction to his team. A bit of a tense moment with Shuppet having a really bad fever. Makes me wonder if the week is up, what will happen to shuppet and will he get attached to Max or be happy to be with Emily agin, maybe a bit of both.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by C.Gholy View Post
    Quite a calm chapter compared to the cliffhangers recently.I thought this was an okay chapter. Good descriptions on Emily and the descriptions seem to be getting better. Emily sounded quite okay, and seemed to care for her shuppet. It's gonna be interesting how Max spends his week with Shuppet as an addiction to his team. A bit of a tense moment with Shuppet having a really bad fever. Makes me wonder if the week is up, what will happen to shuppet and will he get attached to Max or be happy to be with Emily agin, maybe a bit of both.
    Thank you for reviewing C.Gholy!

It is a calm chapter compared yes however I would've thought that it contained some action in it due to memory loss however again not very appealing to all. My description is gradually improving and so thus making me happy in my writing. And Shuppet's feelings are going to be quite vital when he goes back - if he goes back - but I do hope you enjoyed the chapter and sorry if you didn't

Oh yeah! She was the girl with the Shuppet, right? I forgot. ^_^; Oooh, I can't wait to know what you have up your sleeve for Shuppet!

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Oh yeah! She was the girl with the Shuppet, right? I forgot. ^_^; Oooh, I can't wait to know what you have up your sleeve for Shuppet!
    Well I have now finished Chapter 16 and will post that up tomorrow or Tuesday depending on time so check back then. Also I'm hoping what Max and Shupet do this chapter will be okay as its mor developing the characters than an action packed chapter. Again quite calm before the disasters strike! And I mean disasters!

Anway again I though I'd do character bios for you here and will post the next bios up for you along with Chapter 20 most likely. So every 5 Chapters you will get bios in one of my posts!

Max:

A young quirky trainer from the Hoenn region who is unknowingly tangled within soom loop holes of the region - at the moment he has been travelling for 1 month and 2 weeks

Charmander: - Male
    Ember
    Scratch
    Screech

Budew: - Female
    Synthesis
    Sleep Powder
    Bullet Seed
    Water Sport

Murkrow: - Male
    Peck
    Shadow Ball
    Haze

Shuppet: - Male
    Shadow Ball
    Will-o-wisp
    Night Shade

Harriet Shelby:
    Brown hair, Pink mini skirt, White short sleeve t-shirt, a pink jacket, a pink ribbon in her hair. A blue handbag and black boots and lives in the town where Ash received the Phanpy egg – Eggseter town where her Grandparents own a day care and breeding centre and they’re called Mr and Mrs Shelby. Her Parents also live there – Liana Shelby and Robert Cliston however Harriet has kept the surname Shelby link - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eggseter

Chikorita: - Female
    Tackle
    Razor Leaf
    Vine Whip
    Leach Seed

Mark:
    Red spiky hair, scarlet clear eyes, Black short sleeved top, Black gloves, Black jeans with 2 chains on the right hand side, a blue vest and blue belt

Typhlosion:
    Gyro Ball
    Flame Wheel
    Flamethrower
    Swift

Jumpluff:
    Bullet Seed
    Poisonpowder
    Giga Drain
    Synthesis

Shieldon:
    Tackle
    Protect
    Dig
    Take Down

Jimmy:
    Look here for features http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/jimmy.shtml- training for Contests and League and enters both!

Typhlosion
    Dig
    Fire Spin
    Flamethrower
    Hyper Beam

Beedrill
    Twineedle
    Fury Attack
    Pin Missile
    Poison Jab

Geodude:
    Rollout
    Defence Curl
    Rock Throw

Sunflora
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Leaf Storm

Roxanne –
    Nosepass – Rock Tomb – Earth Power – Zap Cannon – Thunder Wave
    Rhyperior – Megahorn – Rock Wrecker – Hidden Power – Rock Slide
    Onix – Screech – Rock Throw – Dragon breath – Iron Tail
    Sudowoodo – Mimic – Rock Throw – Low Kick – Double Edge

When we get new characters introduced that are main then I will also post attributes and bios for them!
    Last edited by harryheart; 31st May 2010 at 4:50 PM.

Hey, nice bios, harryheart! It was a nice description on the trainers and also I like how you posted the moves the Pokemon have. Man, Max has been traveling for a while! Anyway, there was only one mistake I saw. For Chikorita, you spelt Leech Seed like Leach Seed when it's really spelt Leech Seed.

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Awesome Story and bios too. I've been reading it for a while but I never posted...:/
    I'll try to post more
    Also, what's Rhyperior's Hidden Power Type?
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Hey, nice bios, harryheart! It was a nice description on the trainers and also I like how you posted the moves the Pokemon have. Man, Max has been traveling for a while! Anyway, there was only one mistake I saw. For Chikorita, you spelt Leech Seed like Leach Seed when it's really spelt Leech Seed.
    Thanks for replying so soon to the bios - I didn't actually expect any posts so thank you for making my day! I've edited Leech Seed in my document and will also change it here when I have time!

Max's time travelling has taken a while but think back to Petalburg - he spent a week training in between the Gym battles so that didn't help with time and up to that point he had been travelling for numerous weeks with a few hold ups by Team Rocket and ??? so it all adds up really! At the beggining of each chapter now I have decided to also post the travel times so people can get a rough guess! Thank You! Continue reading to hear great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zach View Post
    Awesome Story and bios too. I've been reading it for a while but I never posted...:/
    I'll try to post more
    Also, what's Rhyperior's Hidden Power Type?
    Thank you for reviewing as well as its great to have reviews. The bios have been sittng in a document for a while and I did mean to post them just never found the time.

Rhyperiors Hidden Power is Grass

The Good News!

Well this happened backin February time and I didn't really want to post it incase it didn't happen however I thought I might as well seeing as you are all loyal readers. One of my career plans for the future is writing - such as scripts for television and writing episodes, also writing books and possibly directing however this will all happen after my time in the Police Forece. Anyway I've gotten in contact with the BBC stating my plans to try and find out what I should do to succeed and they replyed telling me exactly what I would need and wanted an example of my writing.

I sent them this story and they replyed with great comments which did make me proud and thus went on a hunt for a publisher for me which was nice - Bloomsberry had already offerend and contacted me but this is great - so in the future you may just be seeing this story on the shelves of your local book store!

That would be awesome Harryheart! You are a great fic writer and you deserve the absolute best. That would be funny to see your fic on shelves and I would definitely buy it!!!

Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I'm reading some of your chapters, etheir giving full scans or skimming, aside from some of the errors people pointed out. I like it, but I ain't finished reading the other chapters yet. :P

But things seem to shape up

I think it is a great story.

That would be awesome Harryheart! You are a great fic writer and you deserve the absolute best. That would be funny to see your fic on shelves and I would definitely buy it!!!
    Yes - some revenue already - lol - but thank you for responding in such a positive manner, I expected people going oh kinda thing but thanks and I hope to achieve it along with the other 2 books I'm writing. One Pokemon and the other something created by me which I will most likely post as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFarmboy View Post
    I'm reading some of your chapters, etheir giving full scans or skimming, aside from some of the errors people pointed out. I like it, but I ain't finished reading the other chapters yet. :P

But things seem to shape up
    Thanks you for reviewing as its nice to have reviews - how cheesy - anyway the plot develops quite a bit from 10 onwards really or you could even say 8 but I like to play safe and so the whole Petalburg Arc starts then and from now on I wont be posting any fillers at all as they will all have plot relevance!

Enjoy the rest of your read!

Quote Originally Posted by rlivi5 View Post
    I think it is a great story.
    Thank You - great stories are good - in your next post just a litte request if you can add in what you like and so on to give me help and crit so I can improve and realise where I work well!

Thank You for your comment!

Chapter 16 News

You all probably want to kill me for the lateness of this chapter however I've been on work experience all week and so the edits have taken longer than expected as all I've done is slept really! It will be up by this week end the latest if all goes well and the next Chapter should be posted on schedule! So sorry guys!

Here we are - better late than never but I really have no excuse so do apologise for my lack of time keeping and for being busy with other things as this is a great chapter or so I think and I've kept you on hold way past the deadline!

Please review and rate!

Also remember to check out - Max's Hoenn Journey Intro 1

Chapter 16: A Week in Charge

A week on from the departure of Emily!

Max could tell that the journey to Rustboro would become an excessively long trip, deeming it all in his eyes as a pointless stroll along a dusty path that ran through the centre of Petalburg Woods, with elevated gloomy trees aloft in front of their view, not really beckoning their motivations to arrive in Rustboro anytime soon. At least for Roxanne, getting to Littleroot was only a helicopter call away, however getting back was just endless weeks of trekking with aching muscles that had been shafted into a closet after her days of travelling had closed and her status of Gym Leader was awarded. But at least she had some sort of company in Max, although all he seemed to possibly do at the moment was baby Shuppet and continuously let it roam free without the thought for his other friends.

They had only recently left the hospitable comforts the Pok&#233;Centre had to offer with Shuppet’s strength and health completely restored after some good relaxing treatments offered by Nurse Joy. Since then all Max had been able to talk about was Shuppet and more Shuppet, even considering using it in his upcoming Gym Battle with Roxanne, instead of concentrating more on the Pok&#233;mon he had captured and trained for the last 5 odd weeks. It didn’t truly seem right to her, especially seeing as Shuppet would be going back to Emily in a few days time, after she returned home from Sinnoh. On the other hand though it wouldn’t really matter what she would say to Max seeing as firstly he probably wouldn’t listen being captivated only by Shuppet, and secondly he would most likely disregard any information she gave him; besides, he was no longer a novice and she had showed him the ropes to being a trainer, now it was down to him to implement them and develop. All Roxanne could do was be a friend and support his decisions, whether right or wrong; this would help define him as a true trainer and loving person towards all creatures with their own unique voices and colours, if he could learn from his own actions then he would truly be entering the contest for becoming a Pok&#233;mon Master.

Their footsteps trailed along the beaten ground that had really been left to fend for itself over the years without proper maintained care from either council that lay on the two opposite ends of the forest, noticeably leaving the once pristine woods in a derelict condition that really deterred people from pursuing a course through. However Max was raring for his next Gym Battle already, the taster he received from the two invigorating battles with his Dad encouraged him to be the first out of everyone he knew pursuing the same journey to achieve at least the required amount of eight badges needed. Imagine the respect he would earn along with the accomplishment; for once he wouldn’t be seen as a puny annoying geek that seemed to know everything about life itself without even having travelled. ‘Sigh,’ the glory! Max’s thoughts had once again allowed him to become entangled within pristine emotions that thrived his energy and need for wins, detracting him from what was floating directly in front of him, Shuppet. The great thoughts were shafted to the back of his mind before he reverted to playing games with his new Pok&#233;mon again, chasing after him along the path.

The whole amiable atmosphere became too much to handle for Roxanne. For the past few hours it was exactly the same treatment, she seemed to be pushed gradually out of the picture, feeling neglected. She needed to bring both back into reality and Lunch was always the great opportunity to do just that. Tempt their taste buds with numerous flavours and innovative ideas that would hopefully give them a few minutes breather back into reality before they whisked their thoughts immediately back towards each other. Now what was going to be suitable to perform such an impossible task?

“Max, sorry to have to drag you away from your fun,” her sarcastic aloft voice noted, calling after the two who were notably ahead, “but I was thinking this would be a great place to stop for lunch and give me enough time to prepare it before we continue on towards our hotel.”

“Good idea Roxanne, and don’t forget, it also gives me enough time to teach Shuppet Charge Beam, obviously after we’ve collected the wood for the fire,” Max chuckled, running off into the thick piles of trees that rowed down the forest for miles, without any hesitation or any thought of receiving an answer from Roxanne. Max slowly clambered over all the thick logs of trees that were beginning to deteriorate after the neglect they had received over the past few years, where the councils hadn’t bothered to maintain the growth. Each tree was fighting the next just for the simple pleasure of a little sunlight to help stimulate their growth and nutrients production. However this was a great sign for Max. This meant that there should be a collection of wood just piled on the ground waiting for him to grab them and use the pieces for his needs, and using Shuppet’s Psychic abilities they would be able to carry enormous amounts of the timber back to Roxanne in no time, allowing them to get on with other matters and pleasing her, all in the same moment.

“Okay Shuppet, any pieces of wood you see, large or small, I want you to levitate over to Roxanne so she can light a fire for us. I’ll gather up some wood too and I’ll meet you back next to Roxanne,” the young trainer energetically stated already piling logs of wood into the snuggling rests of his arms, seeming to cradle them as if they were as fragile as a fair skinned baby that was engulfed in intensifying UV rays. The lumber rubbed against his blue t-shirt, darkening the colour with a coating of fresh moist dew that had recently fallen in the early hours of the morning that allowed the musky green bark to peel off and dye his clothes. The coarse rough edges dug slightly into Max’s weedy skin, scratching at the surface with their penetrable filings, it was a nuisance, nevertheless the quicker he collected the kindling the more time he could spend training Shuppet.

The presence of his other Pok&#233;mon seemed to be wiped completely from his knowledge, as if slapping white paint on top of a complicated, intricate pattern delicately painted onto a large canvas that wove numerous amounts of new lines onto its flexible fabric without any hesitation in actions. It was obvious why Roxanne needed and wanted to worry about Max, why she thought it necessary to bother concerning about his decisions and necessitating to keep an eye on him; he couldn’t barley make proper or impartial choices on his own, even though he was maturing, guidance was always going to be important in a persons’ upbringing and setting Max back onto the correct course was the most important thing she would have to achieve in a while. The Gym Battles didn’t seem to actually trouble her any longer, she was the Gym Leader and that’s the way it stood, the battles were enjoyable to partake in however it was more fulfilling to watch the trainers attain another asset to their goal, or learn valuable lessons. In her eyes being a Gym Leader was exactly like her normal job, teaching kids of all ages and even adults the values that Pok&#233;mon had to offer, what they could gain by pursuing a path with these creatures. Those were the heart warming experiences that she gained, and teaching Max those morals wasn’t going to prove a difficulty.

“Okay Roxanne, here’s a few pieces of wood that you can start to build the fire with, Shuppet will be along any minute now but I’ll just go help him out,” Max panted throwing the logs into a pile before running off into the same direction he had just leapt from. Even from outside the thick foliage he could see the majestic mauve light that encased piles of wood being lifted off the ground by the mere means of Telekinesis that all Psychic types had the ability to master. It was a wonderful display of true power and proved to Max how much he deserved to journey further into the lands that surrounded him, all the while being subject to new marvels that he could only dream of. There was one thing that he could be certain wouldn’t change throughout his travels, the chance to witness new gracious wonders that all Pok&#233;mon had to offer, the thing that compelled most people to journey with them. What he was witnessing was just the beginning of such adventures.

“Shuppet, that’s enough wood now, bring it over to Roxanne, and then we can start the fire,” Max called out ushering Shuppet over to his side with a beckoning finger. The purple light pushed the logs higher above the canopies of the trees, sailing the logs over towards Roxanne while Shuppet followed its herd. Max couldn’t believe his eyes, was there going to be anything else to occur that could top all this off?

“Right Shuppet, you’ve seen that recording ten times now so why don’t you give it a go yourself. First off you need to try and create the attack, and to achieve this start to swirl your under body around hopefully creating a charge, so give that a go,” Max yelled as the hype from this exciting event was building up his energy. It was going to be his first chance to teach a Pok&#233;mon without them having to learn it on their own, and he could bond a lot with Shuppet during the entirety of the process.

The flapping skin began to coil around at a swift rate creating a buzzing electrical charge that could be transformed into the powerful attack that Emily was hoping Shuppet to get a grip around, once mastered he would no longer have to prepare the attack in the same way, just being able to blurt it out like human’s do speech; Max really wanted to impress her with his skill. The charge was emitting a tense indigo light that was barely visible to anyone looking upon Shuppet, unless they were specifically looking for that one glow. It seemed to Max as if Shuppet was ready to give the attack a go, he was unsure of how to command it but was confident that Shuppet new exactly what to do, how else would Pok&#233;mon learn moves on their own? Maybe a trainer had to do nothing at all during the development, he wasn’t entirely certain but whatever it was he just had to hold trust for Shuppet in his capacity to perform the attack.

“Shuppet, now collate the energy together to pull off the attack, once you have it stored in one place you should be able to release it as Charge Beam, don’t worry, I believe in your abilities!”

A quivering chill passed through the nerves of Max’s loaned Pok&#233;mon who had excessive amounts of fear arising within its core feelings. It had no idea what the end result of its constellation of energy would achieve, however he had a dreadful gut instinct that something would go wrong, most endearingly from the lack of trust he placed Max under. Although they were such good friends this one important element was lacking, deprived from the Pok&#233;mon. It wasn’t that it couldn’t be possible but more to being he hadn’t been shown reason to place full trust in Max, the kind that he shared with Emily and the kind most Gym Leaders Pok&#233;mon expressed. This was the lesson all along that Emily was trying to leave in Max’s head; without giving reason to any Pok&#233;mon or anyone he encountered that they could trust him entirely, the relationship would break down and crumble. Trust was the key factor for anything and everything.

“Shuppet, come on, I know you can do it,” Max cried yet again with avid amounts of fiery passion emoting in his voice, being able to terrify anyone who hadn’t the foggiest about what was undertaking. In all respect it came real close to being classed as bullying however no one would dare to inform Max with fear of him taking an outburst of anger out upon them. Right now Roxanne’s plan was best, let Max figure out the remaining facts about training by himself.

Shuppet felt overwhelmed with pressure to succeed with the attack on its first ever attempt to create it, but any more hesitating and Max would most likely continue with his so called pep; it just wanted trust, that’s all it needed. Without anymore thought the Ghost Pok&#233;mon strained all its muscles in an effort to gather the stored energy into Charge Beam, a powerful but tricky move to learn. The sooner it was done the quicker he could resort to some good old fun, no hassle or hell involved in that. Keep Concentrating, Keep Concentrating. The same words echoed over and over again in the back of his mind like a stalker haunting a person, the words would help determine whether anything would go wrong, for as long as he stayed alert the more accurate and precise he could make the attack without it blurting out wildly into the surrounding area, electrifying all the Pok&#233;mon and humans in the vicinity.

‘Shuuuuuuuuupeeeeeeeeeeet,” the agonising screams cried as the energy stored inside became staggeringly too much to bear, without time to think the concealed energy strolled through the air with whisking currents that could blow a fuse in any electrical appliance. To be blatant, there was nothing possible to be done about the situation presently unfolding; the electrical jolts were whistling around bound to collide into one another eventually causing a massive surge of electrical power, ending in a probable explosion. Roxanne cottoned on immediately to the presentable problem while Max was once again blown away into wondrous amazement as he watched the beautiful electric rays flash amongst the blue background of the sky. The yellow streaks that ran though the bolts were more defined in colour than anything he had ever imagined, drawing ones attention within a short space of time. He was well and truly in the place he belonged, a majestic world.

“Max, get over here now!” Roxanne shouted as to pluck Max from his dreary state, hopefully snapping him back into reality once more in time to save his life. She couldn’t stand any longer to watch flashes of intense electricity whistle past his body nearly colliding with his skin and electrifying all the cells in his body within a blink of the eye, if he wasn’t careful it could be the last thing that he ever witnessed, it was time to save both him and Shuppet from an unforgiving fate of pain. Her hand rapidly sunk into her pocket taking out the spherical device that concealed her beloved Nosepass.

“Okay my friend, it’s time to come on out,” Roxanne called launching the encompassing ball straight towards Max where the Blue Rock appeared within a flash of ominous light. Its bright orange nose twitched slightly, sensing the oncoming bolts of lightning that were flinging around the grassy space just off the road, Nosepass immediately knew it was time to use her magnet abilities. A loud prominent click sounded before her nose sent waves of sparkling azure light from top to bottom with a slow steady tempo that seemed to tap into the rhythm of the streaks of voltage. They halted, mid air, now under the control of Nosepass, Max and Shuppet were safe.

“Max, get over here now,” Roxanne yelled a second time this time being heard by the cocky trainer. He didn’t bother to hesitate, just jumped up and ran, grabbing Shuppet on the way to keep out of harm’s way. It was obvious he still had a lot to learn about and taking advice from the experienced wasn’t going to hinder his progress; once again another important lesson had been learnt.

“Nosepass, you’re going to have to absorb the electrical currents now, to make sure they’re disposed of correctly, but remember...I’m here for you, if you need any help I’m here to give it, and assistance; so don’t worry my old friend, you’ll do just fine.” Roxanne’s point finally hit a nerve in Max, the realisation that in the end everything is fine if they can count on you, not vice versa. Without trust both ways things fail, in the past, present and future this will always take place, but Max had to follow the opposite trend to that, he had to be different to people who are just out there to win and to own power. He had to make a stand.

“Hmm, Roxanne’s right Nosepass, you can count on us, we won’t let you down,” Max enunciated with a brooding smile crossing upon his face, taking the block that obstructed his ability to discover lessons through experiences and discarding it where he stood. Each journey was a new step into maturity and the most important skill out of all the ones he would accumulate would be the gift to acquire knowledge, with that in place anything would be possible. Roxanne’s work was done.

“Max, I’m so proud of you, you’ve now just got what most people lack throughout all their years with Pok&#233;mon and with that Shuppet may just be able to learn Charge Beam, but first...”

“...We need to concentrate on getting rid of this electrical mess; Nosepass over to you,” a calm sweet tone stated with an uncanny resemblance to someone they had met in the thick of Oldale Forest. Now though was not the time to dwell over it, Nosepass had work to do and they all had to have full confidence in it, no distractions, if they would succeed as a team.

The pulsing light continuing through the orange beak gradually started to quicken in pace increasing the magnetism within Nosepass, hopefully able to attract the wild electricity out of the sky and into its’ body, disposing of it safely into the soil laden ground. In theory this could work, but just like Shuppet the week before Nosepass had never performed this particular ability so was unsure of any complications that could arise, however having confidence and trust from the two people it was most closely bonded with combated any fears bubbling away and wouldn’t hamper their chances of success.

All around them the sparkling charges of electricity descended upon Nosepass with a crackling hum vibrating through the soft molecules in the air, this was headed for a goliath collision yet no-one was worried, everything was expected to go swimmingly due to the trust they all had in one another, soon it would all be put to the test. The electricity was only inches away from the Rock type who had braced her body ready for the impact, no matter what happened there would still be a tingling sensation sent hurtling through her fine tuned nerves that could be left with a dent in her energy which could be devastating for anyone close enough, everything was now all down to her.

It was obvious that contact had been made as bulging clouds of filth and smoulder emerged from the last position Nosepass was in, trailing elegantly skyward with a hint of yellow shards blossoming inside the assortment of gasses. Roxanne looked on anxiously trying to spot a sign of any movement from her dear friend, attempting to get a clear glimpse of any shadow or movement. She had to feel relieved that the hazard was dealt with, but at what cost?

“Nosepass, Nosepass? Hey buddy, are you there, Nosepass?” her quivering voice just about pronounced as she boldly held back all the tears spearing against the back of her swelling eyes. She had to believe in her Pok&#233;mon’s strength, the potency she contained in surviving intense situations which had, on many occasions, been proven before: Why would this be any different? There was simply just one thing left to do, wait for the fluttering spoils of smoke to dissolve into the infinite space around and see what state Nosepass was left in, and obviously hope for the best.

A bluish physique gradually materialized into view as the fumes whistled away on a petite wind bringing sudden warmth of relief to Roxanne who could rest assured that her friend was safe. Nothing could be better. She stooped down next to her Pok&#233;mon’s side, stroking its solid head in an effort to alleviate some grief from within. It had attempted something highly risky and come out barely scathed, a joyous stroke of luck. The only thing really dampening it was the overwhelming astonishment from experiencing the high voltage shimmering through its body, with a bit more practice everything would go smoothly and her resistance to the electricity would steadily build.

The Gym Leader looked up to get a sight of the stranger who had entered the fold at a relatively late stage while the high currents were whizzing around the local environment. She was surprised to see the figure of Harriet staring blankly back at her face with a small smile creeping upon her expression. It had been around one month since they last met and a warming sense of relief stroked across their feelings. Last time they met Harriet was able to teach Max something new about Pok&#233;mon just like Roxanne, even though she was a beginner; that seemed to be a recurring trend for Max, the women of his life helping him along his journey, how ironic.

“Roxanne, Max, it’s great to see you two again,” Harriet ecstatically spoke whisking her hand from within her pocket to kindly greet theirs, “So I take it you two and on your way to Rustboro, nice place I hear and with a great Gym Leader,” Harriet joked tapping Roxanne lightly upon the Shoulder as they both giggled away.

“Harriet, why don’t you join us for some lunch so we can catch up on things, and it’ll give Nosepass a chance to rest as well,” Roxanne responded.

“Sure, I’d love to.”

The frothing stew was boiling from the brims of the aluminium pan that was crackling under the strain from the heat, eradiating exotic smells into the senses of the beings sitting around the food. Their anticipation of the taste overwhelmed any judgement and Max in particular couldn’t wait to scoff any food down his throat, no matter what it was; the food was just sitting there waiting to be eaten by the hungry Humans and Pok&#233;mon.

Roxanne gathered three medium sized bowls into her outstretched arms shifting them into the grip of her left hand while grasping a ladle in the other. She seemed to dip the deep cut metal slowly into the mixture as if afraid of disturbing a delicate balance of ingredients or presentation she had acquired in her cooking, reflected by the concentrated look she possessed as she carefully dug a ladleful out. The smells were invigorating and delighting; appetising the youngster’s stomach as they watched with careful awe at the precision and accuracy Roxanne was taking. They weren’t bothered about asking why but more focused on digesting the wonderful culinary preparation being handed to them; after the exciting experience they had just gone through it was great to change to their thought process.

As Max and Harriet began to thrust great spoonfuls into their gaping mouths, Roxanne slowly laid out a few food bowls for the Pok&#233;mon that were awake and ready to consume food, a blend that Brock had once taught her specifically for nutrients and stored energy. She turned back around and saw the polished surfaces of the glistening silver bowls that had been emptied of all the stew she had only moments before hand rationed out.

“Well, aren’t you two hungry. Would either of you like anymore?” Roxanne asked foreseeing the obvious answer of yes. What adolescent didn’t enjoy the comforting relaxations food had to offer?

“Actually no, I would much rather challenge Harriet to a one on one with her Chikorita again, against Shuppet this time to see if we can actually share that trusting bond,” he swivelled in his position to look at Harriet with pleading eyes, “What do you say?”

“Umm, okay then, don’t see no harm in that.”

“Yes, yes, I know, you would like me to judge, the usual,” Roxanne bleakly commented with dreary eyes gazing at the ground. When the last time she had partaken in a battle? All she did now were menial jobs like cooking and looking after the Pok&#233;mon on a daily routine. She could see exactly what Brock meant when he said he felt like a slave sometimes, constantly running around after the people that beckoned. Was it a fate for all Rock Gym Leaders?

Time had again lapsed as her thoughts had traversed her concentration and delved her into the complexity of her consciousness. Unlike others’ experiences, time seemed to continue on at a regular pace for her leaving her out of the loop quite often and in the need to hurry her pace and catch up to the here and now, where Max and Roxanne were poised in their statuary positions ready to ignite the battle.

“Are the two challengers ready?” Roxanne asked having eager smiles and nods as the only response, “Well then, let this battle begin!”

“Chikorita shine brightly my star,” Harriet pleasingly called, waving the PokeBall into motion across the damp short cut grass. From within her captive contraption appeared the sleek tender plant Pok&#233;mon that embraced its necklace of plant buds. She purred a little before buckling her muscles in a tight constriction eyeing up her opponent who had floated so elegantly onto the battlefield. She was determined to win as triumphantly as she ha against Budew the first time they encountered each other, but Max begged to differ and was going to show force through his new earned skill.

“Shuppet, let’s start things off with your Shadow Ball,” Max cried as he ordered the Pok&#233;mon under his command to begin powering up dark matter into one parallel relationship of energy that would give a strong impact if the move was flourishing. The mauve woven colour was entwined with a black scent that was obviously representing the combination of energy brought together and this seemed harder to create to Max than a simple Charge Beam, but residing upon that matter would cause chaos and whilst attempting to prove your worth that was never a recommended plan.

“Chikorita, try anything at all to deflect that Shadow Ball away from you and if possible back towards your target,” Harriet shouted in anticipation of the imminent attack.

It quickly sprung across the air as if it was rolling along a waxed wooden floor in a bowling alley showing its uniqueness as a Ghost Type Move, one blow of that and Chikorita would be dealt a numerous amount of damage and two strikes could easily win the fight for them. Max could now see why working as one team instead of two individuals gave you an advantage as both the beings thoughts and ideas could be scraped into one big tactic ploy.

The Grass type lunged at the oncoming ball of dark energy with its elongated jade vines that stretched from within the buds hanging around the Pok&#233;mon’s neck, which seemed disquieting and intimidating to encounter. With one sharp swift slice, the untouchable Shadow Ball was cut in two and just dropped into sparkling particles of energy that looked harmless and beautiful. Shuppet and Max had a tough fight on their hands’; Harriet wasn’t just any ordinary rookie!

“Humph, well aren’t you full of surprises, but we also have one spectacular one up our sleeves; Shuppet I know you can do it so try out your Charge Beam,” Max yelled as his Pok&#233;mon instantly turned around to see what madness his loaned trainer had dabbled in. To be daring enough to attempt to pull the same devastating attack off twice was not humane but insane, if anything went wrong this time Nosepass would be too weak to come to their assistance.

“We better put this nonsense out Chikorita, Razor Leaf now!”

“Shuppet come on, I know you have the ability in you, you just need to access it and that’s where practice comes in, Use Charge Beam Now!”

Last edited by harryheart; 20th July 2009 at 9:06 AM.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast