Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine (560)

This was clearly a nostalgia episode and that's what made it awesome. Team Rocket was at their best in this episode. Classic motto (and music), Double Trouble, and they actually do something related to the real mission. I wish they could be like this in every episode.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I've missed the episode, but thanks to Direct TV having Cartoon Network (W), I can watch it at 12. I hear the episode was a good one so I may as well enjoy the episode like I do every time and hey I'm 19 btw.

Brilliant. It was heartwarming.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 31st January 2009 at 9:58 PM. Reason: watched the episode.

It was awesome and funny. I loved how they used the music! That was the best part! But what I relly hated was how easily they lost! Seriously, all going awesome, then all of the sudden everything goes downhill.
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

This is going to sound pathetic, but I almost cried when I heard the old motto and double trouble. I may be fifteen, but I grew up with Pokemon, and I never realized how much I missed that old motto <3

Great episode, I thought it was going to be boring filler or something.

This is going to sound pathetic, but I almost cried when I heard the old motto and double trouble. I may be fifteen, but I grew up with Pokemon, and I never realized how much I missed that old motto <3

Great episode, I thought it was going to be boring filler or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    Does anyone know where the background music that starts playing when Team Rocket blasts off is from? It sounds so familiar, but I can't remember where I heard it before.
    I'm afraid I don't know its title (though I apparently downloaded it somewhere as "The Adventure Continues"), but I seem to remember that it played at the end of "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" and "Haunter Versus Kadabra." It's a nice song. :D
    Last edited by Kthleen; 31st January 2009 at 6:44 PM.

I thought this episode was weird, but good.
    I love how Team Rocket did their old motto. That one is the best!
    I also thought it was cool when they played the double trouble song.
    7/10

Wait, they actually used that "Team Rocket's rockin'" song from that cheesy "2BA MASTER" soundtrack most of us were stupid enough to buy? Holy cow, I'm now quite intrigued by the dub version of this episode.

If I recall, the raw version used "Maemuki Rocket-Dan", so if PUSA replaced it with "Double Trouble", that's actually a brilliant move (in spite of the songs feeling totally different).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Man, this episode surprised me today.

-Team Rocket doing the "old" motto again? Hope it's back to stay.
    -"Team Rocket's Rockin" theme song playing plus other bits of music from Season 1
    -The old "Drop eye and stick out tongue" face

I actually liked the bit of Nostalgia they had going on today. Hope to see more of it.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

S-so cool.

Team Rocket went back to when they were actually villans.

And,bwahaha,they were so awesome their team song was in!

Aw,I didn't notice the motto..

i love this episode it make like team rocket again instead of groan when they came on screen only thing i didn't like is this was the perfect episode to add somewhere in loving memory of Maddie Blaustien but they didn't hope to see that either in the dubbed movie or another episode i knew this is bit cruel to say but i wish the battle had been inside the center and Pikachu had blown it up now that would have made it feel more nolastgic.

This was a funny episode. I was bored out of my mind while watching it in Japanese but now that I can understand it, its actually entertaining. All of Team Rocket's pokemon were seen besides Seviper. I wish they would have added a flashback of Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel and Weezing for extra nostaligia

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

This ep was mostly dubbed before Maddie's death.
    I swear though hearing the Team Rocket song and there very first motto I swear I was expecting an "Eric Stuart Scream" from James!

This was a great episode, team rockets back again =D

I also liked the Transformer car
    Last edited by LethalJay; 1st February 2009 at 12:20 AM.

A great ep

TR's old motto ****ing brilliant,i had my speakers at max vol and i hope they stay with it but i dont thing they will. 9/10 (the only reason i dont give a perfect score is becouse i want/miss the old voices )

Quote Originally Posted by #1-Icelandic-Pokemon-Fan View Post
    A great ep

TR's old motto ****ing brilliant,i had my speakers at max vol and i hope they stay with it but i don't thing they will.
    Unfortunately, they won't.

Well basically, everything has already been said, but let me express it in my own words again though:

Really a hilarious episode!
    Ash, Dawn, and Brock have restrained themselves today, but Team Rocket was the more funny and created a bunch of priceless scenes. I can't enumerate all of them, because one hilarious line or scene was followed by another one almost without interruption. Nevertheless, I want to mention things like "If you can't see south of the borderline..." or Meowth's reaction after he had realized that he had to team up with Team Rocket's clumsiest Pokemon, which all made me crack up.

As most of you have already pointed out, the nostalgia involved was a great, welcome surprise. A reminder of the past once in a while(!!!) goes down well with most of the fans.
    But you mustn't forget either that the DP episodes surpass all previous ones and that Sinnoh was the starting point for episodes and plots entirely without precedent.
    I appreciate references to the past...but please not too often.

The new Team Rocket uniform (as well as their jet-like car) was terrific! I wish they wore it a bit more often, because it would make them appear more serious. But on the other hand, who wants a mean, threatening Team Rocket in every episode? Thanks God the writers have given the three a new role which in my opinion is funnier, more complex and better than before.

Altogether, an almost exclusive Team Rocket episode with countless funny as well as really witty(e.g.non-electric proof robot) and mature elements!
    Ash was allowed to take a break this time.

7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This was the best episode if only because they used that awesome Team Rocket song from the early days of Pokemon (I think it was on the 1st movie soundtrack?), that to my knowledge was never even used at all in the Dub until now.

Now I've seen the dubbed scene with the mentioned BGM, being the first time in a while that I've actually gone out of my way to watch the dub. It's a bit repetitive with the same part of the chorus looped over and over, though certainly due to the rest of the song containing snippets by the 4Kids actors (I recall Maddie raising a stink about "Polka O Dolka" being used in Battle Frontier). Worked well nonetheless, and I'm not ashamed to say that I thought that song was completely badass at Age 10. Beat all the other crap on Radio Disney, for sure.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This episode was good. Like how Team Rocket started out fat and just got fatter. Also like how Dawn gets so excited seeing Oak. Found it hilarious so see Team Rocket exercising to lose their significant weight. Like how Croagunk knows the exact time to Poison Jab Brock as well as Team Rocket losing lots of weight in such little time. Found it funny when Meowth kept stuffing pokeballs in Carnivine’s mouth. It was quite interesting to hear Team Rocket’s old motto again. Also like how Team Rocket’s car pulled off a Transformers act. Also interesting to hear Team Rocket’s song playing in the background.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Man did I miss Team Rocket's Rockin! Sure, it was just a loop, but it was a refreshing loop! And really, that was what half of the song was anyway. Took me a few runthroughs to realize they were looping. ^^;

I have been a fan of Team Rocket for AGES, and when I was young I always thougth they should become good guys eventually. Bu tnow? Nah, it's just not in them. Seeing what would happen if they ever slacked off from being the starving villans scared me as much as it made me giggle.

Horray for the return of the rose! And now, it serves a purpose! (all purpose lockpick, baby~!)
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

Wow! This episode brought back lot's memories the from old series. There are lot's of references.

James' rose.
    The disguises are similar to ones they wore from the Spinarak episode back in Johto.
    Stealing Pokemon from the Pokemon Center like in the second episode.
    The Double Trouble song
    The Team Rocket Forever song
    The Wild Kanto Battle music and The Day is Saved Music from Kanto
    James' training outfit from Training Daze.
    The fact the robot they used is vunerable to electric attacks similar to their first robot.

But most of all: the original motto. It's great to hear it again, it's been a long I've heard it before they changed it near the end of Advanced Battle. Those were good times.

This was my favorite filler episode ever!

I loved how they sayed there old motto at the end, gave me memories from when i used to watch it. Sad how Piplup fainted. I also liked how TR was attacking the pokemon centre, i really wanted TR to win that battle, but you know they can't....

i also liked how they were in the resturant and ran out screaming, it was soo funny.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

The "Team Rocket rockin'" was cool that they played that

Nice touches doing the old motto and playing that Rocket song from ages ago in the background.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast