Thread: Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project

Default Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project

Before i go on: I consider this digital art and not fan art because I'm using official images for my signatures.

If there's one thing the Battle Network series has done done right, its the reimagining of some of the Robot Masters from the original Mega Man games. So i decided to develop a project using the great official art made for these bosses. My editing skills may not be the best but i try. I'm actually stuck using macro media fireworks. I don't have photoshop anymore so i cant use its superior tools, and my familiarity with it, to design more elaborate signatures...so minimalistic design will have to do.

To start off i have the redesign Robot Masters from the original Mega Man. (In Suggested play order lol)
    Edit: Due to the amount of images on the page now i'm going put all but the most recent two in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:- Mega Man 1:

Well that's all for now. In a week i will have created the cast of MM2 for viewing.
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:05 AM.

Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight

Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

I'm not one to double post but i wanted to make sure everyone could see that i updated....since no one posted *sigh*...

Well with out further ado here are the robot masters of Mega Man 2 minus Crash Man. (you think they would have at least finish up the roster)

Spoiler:- Mega Man 2:

Well that it for now. Next up Mega Man 3
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:06 AM.

I'm a bit late with this update but i needed the extra time to do the best i can on these sigs...had a lack of inspiration and i was getting frustrated with the limited tool set. Anyway here we go with Mega Man 3! Hard man and Gemini Man have not been made into bosses and the official pic for Needle man was garbage. (he was in Network Transmission and the official art sucked for that game)

Magnet Man

I tried to make the blue version that appears when you use the Magnet Man Chip in the right place. (I think he does the same thing when you fight him...cant remember) However i'm no artist so i stuck with a inverting the colors instead...still fits the idea. The black and white background was an afterthought and after messing with the pic a bit i had to manually fill in some black to even the line....didn't do a perfect job but i think the slight wave does not distract from it.

Top Man

I love Top Man's redesign. Probably would have been fine with out the sepia version in the background....but i really wanted to show off the design to its fullest.

Shadow Man

I think this came close to what i wanted to do. I wanted to black out the upside down pic on a white background so show some kind of shadow magic going on. But once again...Fireworks is lame and i came up with a decent substitute. Man I fiddled with those black lines on shadow man for a while.

Spark Man

You have no idea how much i dreaded this sig. I looked at the design and pose and said, "there is no way im going to make a good sig out of this pic." However, not only was this fastest sig i created i think its the best in the batch.

Snake Man

This is another redesign i love. When i encountered Snake Man in the game i was floored...and then he floored mega...*ahem*. I really did not want to make this way...but i had the same goal with top man in mind. Also, that taunting pose is just too cool.

Last but not least...

Proto Man

Man....i wish the art was in a better pose, i really want to do proto man justice. maybe i'm just hard on myself....though this sig was a lot worse then it is now.

3 Games in and still no comment? Not even a troll...eh maybe i should count my blessings on that. Next up Mega Man 4!

I'm back and still no replies.....oh well, maybe i should have put this in fan art. No time for regret. It's Mega Man 4 time! This actually could have been a complete set if it weren't for Dive Man and Dust Man not having art and Bright Man's art coming from Network Transmission.

Spoiler:- Mega Man 4:

Well that's all i have for now of course. Hopefully I'll get some kind of response. Next Up: Mega Man 5!
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:08 AM.

Eh I'm tired of complaining, here's Mega Man 5. Note: Gravity Man had NT syndrome and there was no Wave Man and Crystal Man bosses.

Spoiler:- Mega Man 5:

Well that's all for now....somebody post something....
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:09 AM.

I had a great spark of inspiration for this set. Here's the story...In Mega Man 6 the robot masters were created for some sort of tournament. It was worldwide and each Robot Master has a country of origin. With that in mind i decided to use backgrounds this time. I have a thing with sigs and flashy backgrounds and filters....if the background has nothing to do with the picture placed on it, it has no reason to be used. This is why i hate sigs with random textures for backgrounds. (I also have now full control over my images now so im able to do backgrounds with out trouble)

Anyway...each background has somehting to do with the Robot Master with a few exceptions....like the first one for example.

Spoiler:- Mega Man 6:

Aw man....Centaur Man had to mess it up....almost a full set! Well see you next time with Mega Man 7!
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:11 AM.

they are really nice... lol at no1 posting (sorry its just so funny XD)
    Got Milk?
    No Me Nether

Another week, another set of Robot Masters. This time I tackle Mega Man 7. I must say, after the set i did last week it was hard to not use backgrounds for each sig. But, i made sure if it was needed to complete the picture i did so. Sadly I could not find Slash Man's official art anywhere....i know it exists but the Internet is just to vast. (also no Spring Man) So here we go...in suggested play order once more!

Cloud Man

At first i was going to have the cloud half of Cloud Man as the background but the lighting looked too wonky against the background color. So i put a storm cloud background instead. The only downside is that not all of Cloud man is showing...namely the cloud half....go figure.

Junk Man

Junk Man's redesign is an ugly piece of work. I begged for a background to suit it so a junk yard it got. Bonus: the junk in the background is made up of computer parts...very fitting.

Freeze Man

This is my favorite in this batch. I wish i could have applied the light source from the frost background on to Freeze Man but that is beyond my skill level. Pro Tip: The the larger shot of Freeze man in the background is actually behind the frost background. This is to simulate the entrance that Freeze Man makes in the game. Background Source: Snowcrystals.com

Shade Man

This came out alright. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Turbo Man

I saved the motion blur just for him. I decided to go for a closer shot of Turbo Man because the more full body shot looked like it got lost in the background.

Well since this is Mega Man 7 you know who's next right...

Bass

This is a bit more cluttered than I'm used to doing but it gets the job done. I actually had do side with my nemesis "the random shape" background. However, it was better than a white or black background and it gave a sort of "warped" ambiance i wanted for a background.

Gospel *AKA* Treble

Where would Bass be with out his trusty wolf Treble. I used the Japanese name for the sig since it was left that way in the game. Good thinking on the localazation staff's part. Interesting Fact: the font used initially for gospel's name was called Forte.

Well im glad one person posted...anyone else want to follow that posters lead. Also i may got back and fix up some older sigs now that i have full use of Fireworks tools. Well next time, due to lack of pictures and bosses, I'm soul uni....er combining the entries from Mega Man 8 and Megaman and Bass. (Rockman and Forte to you purists out there) If anyone can get me the official pics for Tengu Man and Ground Man i would be grateful. (also Slash Man and Dive Man are appreciated as well)
    Last edited by Xain; 29th October 2008 at 1:46 AM.

At last we have reached the end of the tunnel. All that's left is Mega Man 8 and Megaman & Bass. It has been a fun 8 weeks but it all has to end sometime...and i was just getting in to the swing of things.

Nah, im just messing with you guys who dont post. After this last set from the Original Series i will go on to post sigs for the original Net Navis in the series. I will also go back and re-due a few sigs i feel need more work.

As for right now, we have some old business to attend to.

Slash Man

I had to rip this image off of a youtube vid. It was extremely granny and beyond repair so i had to boot up by brothers Photo shop and hide the ugliness abit. I dont like obscuring the original image but i had no choice. Sadly that was all the flash it was going to get. There wasn't much to go on in terms of a background do i kept it simple (and clean...lol)

Now here's the rest in no particular order. Just for your info. Search Man, Tengu Man, Aqua Man and Duo are from Mega Man 8. Burner Man, Cold Man, and Ground Man are from Megaman and Bass.

Aqua Man

I decided to play with the fact that he's squirting out water. Took me forever to get that water to curve like that.

Duo

This is not really a sig but i could resist incorporating the whole pic. Bonus: Due to the lighting in the pic, it looks like the comet is the light source.

Search Man

Best in the batch I would say. Two poses for the win! Had to make sure i got to show off that gun of his.

Tengu Man

Another Youtube rip. Mask: Check. Fan: Check. Awesomeness: Double Check! Shame i couldn't get the rest of the body in the pic.

Burner Man

This was a stroke of genius on my part. I would make this my fave if it wasn't for his original design looking better. Pro Question: Why do i have the background as a burning forest. Answer in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:- Answer:

Cold Man

Not to bad...just in case you can't tell, those are crushed ice cubes in the background.

Ground Man

The last of the Youtube pics. Came out better than i thought. Had to abuse the fancy text styler because i could not get the text to stand out normally.
    Edit: I have no idea why it's being uploaded at twice the size. The orignal file is 400X100 so there should be no problem...ill look into it later.

!!Warning-New Challenger Approaching!!

Punk

Now...you may know him as Mr. Famous' Navi from BN3:Blue. However he is actually from the Game Boy version of Mega Man 3. He's a "Megaman Killer" Robot. The inspiration for the sig came from his name.

Well, that's all. Now don't be shy and drop a line! Next Week: Net Navis and more!
    Last edited by Xain; 2nd November 2008 at 4:56 AM.