Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing the Leveling Field (561)

this episode ROCKED.

1) ZOEEEY. Holy crap I was SO HAPPY to see her. I was waiting for her to show up again, I totally did not expect it, but boy did I glee~!

2) FANTINA IS THE BEST EVER. Oh man. HER ACCENT. <333 it's beautiful. SHES beautiful *_* I swear she sounds Russian to me in Japanese. Russian or American. It's great. (Her accent sounds just like another russian character I know who spoke japanese. I flipped out when I heard her lengthened DEEEESU). Her pokemon were so tough too, daaang!

And uh. Yeah that ep was great. Can't wait to see the next one!

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the credits of this episode? Particularly the first list of the cast of characters? Right underneath Dawn's name in Japanese???

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Why the hell would he win a badge for forfeiting a match? Especially one he was on the very verge of losing?
    Because in D/P......anything can happen!

could u imagine having your well trained pokemon beat by one driftloon for most of the battle talk about emparising even if it is a gym leaders pokemon, when ash faces her again hopefully he'll have a new strategy than just using thunderbolt
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

One thing i find odd is why would you use Abra against a gengar? Who on earth would do something like that? but yeah the battle was good, I like it how ash loses. Can't wait to see how he defeats her next time
    Last edited by darklord18; 21st September 2008 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    One thing i find odd is why would you use Abra against a gengar? Who on earth would do something like that? but yeah the battle was good, I like it how ash loses. Can't wait to see how he defeats her next time
    Despite it only knowing Teleport through its level up list, Abra can learn TM's and Abra has a high special attack stat for such a basic Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Despite it only knowing Teleport through its level up list, Abra can learn TM's and Abra has a high special attack stat for such a basic Pokemon.
    I get what your saying but who in their right mind would send a Abra against a Gengar, it like sending a Magikarp against pikachu or raichu no contest. Abra may have high special attack but Gengar has Hypnosis which would put Abra to sleep then It use Dream eater plus has high special defense. (The ones on PBR and the battle tower do, My espeon with it 140 special attack need to do two psychic to take it down.) Also Fantina's other pokemon are strong, just look at kid with the Probopass, It took him two time to beat her and he had a pokemon that was a steel type. It was good episode even though I don't like Fantina. (she reminds me of Tucker.)
    I think I know who Abra belong too?
    Last edited by darklord18; 21st September 2008 at 2:25 PM.

OOO, Fantina...

I think that Fantina is my favorite Sinnoh Gym Leader so far. I'm really glad that she's also a professional Coordinator, as well as the Gym Leader. I'm surprised that the writers would actually make her have a Drifloon, but I'm glad it evolved =^-^=

Saw this episode on Friday and I felt that it was kind of rushed, though still good.

So what was Fantina's "monologues" about? It seemed like they gave her plenty of back story, and what was Ash saying to her after he found out she was the Gym Leader, he seemed angry. Following DP076 and this episode, I now love Drifloon and Drifblim. Also, is it true she mentions she hatched Drifloon? (My Japanese is VERY limited)

I loved this episode because of drifloon kicking so much butt. But it did evolve which made this episode so so so cool!!!! I loved when Pikachu's volt tackle got stop dead in its tracks

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    I get what your saying but who in their right mind would send a Abra against a Gengar, it like sending a Magikarp against pikachu or raichu no contest. Abra may have high special attack but Gengar has Hypnosis which would put Abra to sleep then It use Dream eater plus has high special defense. (The ones on PBR and the battle tower do, My espeon with it 140 special attack need to do two psychic to take it down.) Also Fantina's other pokemon are strong, just look at kid with the Probopass, It took him two time to beat her and he had a pokemon that was a steel type. It was good episode even though I don't like Fantina. (she reminds me of Tucker.)
    I think I know who Abra belong too?
    Pikachu tied with a Magikarp once.

Anyways, interesting Volt Tackle animation. It's rare that you see that move fail. Hypnosis is overpowered. Buizel's defeat was... amusing.

Is just me or dose DP have a lot of character with wired Hairstyles and Fanfina remind me of Tucker? Bulzel's defeat wasn't just amusing, it was plain wired, what was the attack it use to juggle Bulzel and Yammega was just spooky with it laugh. It also the second time I seen Ash get mad with a gym leader. The first was the 2nd hoen gym leader who was i surfer.
    Last edited by darklord18; 25th September 2008 at 9:10 AM.

The only thing that I didn't like about this episode, is that once again, Ash's 5th gym battle is postponed.

I rather enjoyed the episode "Tucker in drag! Fantina Appears!".

Fantina seems like an interesting character and I like how they are giving the Gym Leaders extra uses and back stories to make them more than one episode wonders. I really hope the dub gives Fantina the type of heavy French accent they tried to convey in the games, and I can imagine in my head the sort of voice I think she should have.

What I don't like about this episode is the fact that Ash couldn't take down one Pokémon with three of his. By the time Pikachu got in there a single super-effective thunderbolt should have taken Drifloom down in one shot in my opinion.

I am starting to wonder what Ash will do to take down Fantina and counter that trick she used to stop his Pokémon.

EDIT: Apologies for the quadruple post. The forum messed up on me and wouldn't load but I've fixed it now.
    Last edited by jammiedodger; 29th September 2008 at 2:39 AM.

I liked the episode, and Fantina seems pretty cool, but I would like to see her with a Duskull too!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Even if Ash won he wouldn't get the badge.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

he does get most of the badges.....

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2qnqtyf.jpg[/IMG]
    Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
    PASBL Referee (C+)
    | Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
    Reffing Badge
    Onslaught Badge

I'm excited for this episode. Can't wait to hear how Fantina sounds and talks.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Lol. I was so happy I woke up to this episode coming on. I loved Fantina's voice. xD I loved at the end when she said something, and Ash and co. were all like "Did anyone understand what she just said?" xD

Drifloon is so cute. <3 that is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon. I can feel Satoshi's pain though. When his Pokemon kept being put to sleep. That is one of the most irritating things to deal with in the games. D:

And I really love how they give the gym leaders these big back stories now. It makes me more into the characters, and able to relate with them and all that fun stuff.

(: Great episode!

I was somewhat annoyed about Fantina given a French accent which at first thought didn't suit her design. The use of hypnosis was pretty good since it's one of the best strategies used in a battle or when you're desperately trying to catch a rare pokemon.

She called Brock a beast....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I was somewhat about Fantina given a French accent which at first thought didn't suit her design.
    You live on another planet right?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I checked Wiki and Bulbapedia that Fantina was French.
    But I was shocked that she had a French accent in this episode.
    She sounded so cute!

So, we finally get to see Fantina in the flesh...

Seeing that she is a fashion junkie, it's no surprise that she has a French accent. However, looks can very much deceive you, as the ketchup boy found that out the hard & painful way.

Her Drifloon is damn powerful; it pretty much mopped the floor with Ash's Pokemon, & once it upgraded, it became even more so, as it can dodge most anything thrown at it with very little effort. If he can't get through that, his team is going to have a slow & horrible death... or so I say...

& one other thing, if Jessie thinks she can learn from watching Fantina fight in the war-zone, I'll tell you that she has no chance in hell, even if she trained with the absolute best of them.

*continues to linger around*

That intro music was from one of the movies, but I can't remember which one.

I really love Mismagius! I don't care whose it is!

Aww, poor Zoey got her butt handed to her.

Fantina's accent is pretty good, but it's all over the place!

When Jessie called her Yanmega out for the first time, I could've sworn it sounded like it was laughing.

Yay! It's the Probopass guy!

That Drifloon/Drifblim was pretty good, but she didn't have to spam that Hypnosis move.

I like this episode but the battle was way to dialouge heavy. It seemed like everytime Ash or Fantina made a move Brock or Zoey had to make a comment on it.

I loved Fantina accent! It was perfect, and was just what I wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleChefKyle View Post
    That intro music was from one of the movies, but I can't remember which one.
    I think it was the 9th.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast