Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sprite Discussion

Default New Sprite Discussion

What does everybody think about the new Platinum sprites? Most of the sprites deserved the revamp, some which include Dialga and Palkia. But some of the poses were better before, such as Gible and Roselia.

Snover looks weird. Like it's cross-eyed or something.

Darkrai looks awesome.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Munchlax is terrible. Spiritomb looks really happy. All the others are awesome.

Especially the legendaries and Snorlax. Eevee's line look really cute too.

I like the Starter's sprites, Lucario's and Riolu's are awesome...

...but I cannot stand the new Shellos-Gastrodon sprites. Why the hell would you make ALL of them with their mouths open? A moving sprite with Gastrodon opening and closing it's mouth would've been fine; a perpetually slack-jawed sprite is not.

I like the Starter's sprites, Lucario's and Riolu's are awesome...

...but I cannot stand the new Shellos-Gastrodon sprites. Why the hell would you make ALL of them with their mouths open? A moving sprite with Gastrodon opening and closing it's mouth would've been fine; a perpetually slack-jawed sprite is not.

I like them all, actually, except for Hippotas and the 'rill family. Octillery and Scizor have a very nice red color, so does Elekid with his yellow.
    Current Soulsilver Team:

I absolutly love the new sprites for. Eevee, Vaporeon, Espeon, Flareon, Glaceon and Leafeon but I think that they were down right lazy with the Umbreon sprite. Umbreon should not be smaller than Eevee! That should never happen. The Jolteon sprite looks fine but they didn't do much with him except close his mouth.

Yup, I already have all of them in my signature.
    Make a wish Eevee!

thing is with these sprites, they earlier look AWESOME or terrible (Darkrai and Floatzel are good examples, respectively)
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I'm not too keen on Electevire or Lucario, Ryperior, Magmortar and Palkia are pretty cool
    FC: 4081-7324-3002

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Well, I actually like Floatzel. It's like "Hey, I'm Floatzel, Gimme a hug ma brudder from anudder mudder!"
    Current Soulsilver Team:

The new sprites is what I look forward to in the third installment, and I really love the new ones. Buizel looks great, Floatzel looks like it wants a hug :P I think they all look great.
    - Future Black Team -

I squealed when I saw the sprites for-
    Ramparados
    Eevee
    Glaceon
    Leafeon
    Vaporeon
    Luxray
    They all look so awesome~! It makes me want the game even more XD

my fav sprites are: Chimchar, Infernape, Kricketune, Shinx, Onix, Rampardos, Vespiquen, Buizel, Aipom, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Whiscash, Pikachu, Gabite, Skorupi, Drapion, Palkia, Gliscor, Eevee, Eeveelutions, Duskull, Scizor, Froslass

I like these sprites: Manaphy, Shaymin, Infernape, Empoleon, Carnivine, Bidoof, and Dialga. ^_^
    Sig under construction
    For now just watch Bubbles dance. XD

I don't really not like any of them. The only thing that's kind of meh about them is the slight change in a few of them. Piplup and Wooper for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    So that animals in the real world don't have to. Can you imagine how creepy it would be if everytime you saw a spider, it shouted "Spider! Spider!" at you?

i didn't like golduck's new sprite... same pose but mouth opened. =/ i think his old sprite was better.

The only one I really really dislike is Snorlax's new sprite, what the hell have they done to him? His DP sprite was perfect!
    Something that bugs me is that a lot of the sprites look as if they'd be better as second frames, and then the second frames are just their DP sprites
    Also I don't like how they color the outlines a single color for the most part, it really takes away from the quality of the sprites

~Lol Magmortar~

I love the Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape sprites.

I love the Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape sprites.

Edit:nvm .
    FC:2363 5727 7556

Although I am extremely disappointed that not all of the Pokemon got new sprites (namely Cubone and Marowak), the majority of the new Platinum sprites are very well done, and are a big improvement from the DP sprites. The only sprite that bothers me is Budew, but 209/210 decent sprites is more than good enough for me ;D.

The new sprite are mostly great, some seems very 3Dish polygonal, like Gliscor(which is my favorite). Some are kind of odd though, like Piplup o_o
    Diamond FC: 2492 0593 1231

- Random Encounter Shinies -

Im surprised no one has mentioned Skuntank! It's hideous!!! It looks like it's taking a pee for god's sake! i mean, haha, lord. The rest of the sprites are pretty good tbh.
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast