Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearts To Count, Contestshipping, PG13(maybe)

Default Hearts To Count, Contestshipping, PG13(maybe)

This fic is a requested fic, by Crissy111

I revamped the whole fic, because the last one had many plot holes. I actually have had the idea for several months now and had begun to do the work, but I didn't update this thread. I thought I will post all the chapters altogether to lessen the confusion, but it seems like I was wrong ^^; hahaha. Well, I've done about five chapters but I'm posting the first two first, the rest are still in edit and has not entirely checked for the grammar and else yet.
    Sorry if the battle scenes are a bit dull, I can't really describe battle scenes. I'll do my best, though. So, yeah, enjoy!

PROLOGUE
    After being in Top Four at the Kanto Grand Festival, May was contented she can make it to the top four. At least, it's a great achievement for someone who was just starting out not too long. Of course, with support from her friends, she continued to pursue her dreams. So, she decided to go to Johto for her next step to her dream and only dream; to be a Top Coordinator and bring that Ribbon Cup home.

CHAPTER 1 - FIRST ARRIVAL

THREE YEARS AGO...

After saying farewell to her friends, May went into the ship heading to Johto, S.S Gold, for her new adventure. She was looking for her seat while holding her ticket tightly. After walking past few numbers of blue-cushioned seats, she finally found her seat.

"93, 94, 95! I found ya!" she said and jumped into her seat.

A small fox-like creature, with brown fur and light tan strip at the tip of its tail, jumped into May's lap. It purred happily, snuggling in her lap like a happy cat.

The coordinator smiled warmly and petted her smiling Eevee. She just had to let one of her Pokémon out, she wasn't used to being alone and having no one to talk to. Usually Brock, Ash, and Max would chat with her so she wouldn't get bored, but now that she's on her own journey without them, she had to get used to that feeling. Though she loved adventures, she also loved being with friends. After all, she's May, the girl who joined Ash's journey because she wanted to travel around the world. But now she had a different goal. She wanted to be a Top Coordinator. Meeting friends was just an added bonus.

Deciding that it would be better for her to sleep than to mourn about being lonely, she shifted into a more comfortable position. Few minutes after closing her eyes, she drifted into land of dreams.

She woke up just as fast as how she went asleep, when her Eevee gently tugged at her tummy. She yawned sleepily and stretched uncomfortably in her seat. Well, my neck is sore from sleeping in a sitting position...

"Finally decided to wake up, huh?" a familiar voice came from about four seats beside her.

May snapped her head to the voice. Her eyes widened upon seeing a teen with emerald hair, emerald eyes, purple jacket, and last, holding a red rose. "Drew?" her sapphire eyes examined him thoroughly, "You're not supposed to be here! Are my eyes deceiving me?"

"No, they aren't. It's me after all," Drew answered as he sniffed his rose.

"You aren’t supposed to be here!" May exclaimed again. True, Drew wasn’t supposed to be there. He was supposed to be in the VIP suite, since that was what he had bought the ticket for. But upon seeing May sleeping on one of the economy seats peacefully, Drew just couldn't let his feet drag him up to his suite. The way her lips opened slightly triggered his urge to kiss her. But he knew he must not. So instead he took a seat near her, just to watch her sleep and to make sure no one was getting near her. There were no security cameras in this ship and he was worried someone would do something bad to her when she's asleep. That's how he ended up abandoning his VIP suite and sit there for a good hour. He could afford any costlier suite whenever he wanted to, anyway. Keeping her safe was more important than staying in a good-designed room.

"Then where am I supposed to be?" Drew smirked and raised one of his eyebrows. His mind was going to add "The place where your Eevee is sitting on?", but a conscious part of his mind decided it wasn't a good thing to say to his rival, so he let the brilliant idea fly away.

Albeit reluctantly.

"Umm, no, I just thought you had left earlier than me," the brunette said almost whispering while maneuvering her eyes downward and patting her Eevee. She had noticed her seat getting warm. How long had she slept, anyway? Before she had fallen into slumber, she didn't bother to look at the time so she had no clue what time she fell asleep. She was sure they hadn't arrived though, seeing Drew was still here and the ship was still moving. But she needed to know how long had he been sitting here. Did he watch her sleep? Did he do something? Did he take a picture of her drooling in her sleep?

"Well, let's just say I was waiting for the right time to depart." He got up from his seat and plopped down next to her seat. Eevee jumped into Drew's lap and May let it, despite she was thinking it's rude to jump onto people like that. Especially a rival.

"And you think this is the right time? I think not," she commented wryly. "And go back to your seat. This is other passenger's seat."

Drew ignored both of her comments in a nonchalant manner and stroked the soft furs on Eevee's back. It purred its own name at Drew's gentle pats.

"Looks like it misses me," Drew's snobby smirk made its way to his face, causing May to huff furiously. The green-haired coordinator chuckled and let May's Eevee down to play around the ship. "I've heard about Pokémon's feelings reflect its trainer's feelings." he sneered, looking sideways at her playfully, "So, you do miss me, huh?"

The brunette shut her eyes and crossed her arms defiantly, trying hard not to blush, "You wish!"

But the red shade on her cheeks completely flouted her.

His smirk was again evident, "yeah, I do wish that." He thought, but he stayed silent. He twirled the blood red rose with his slender fingers, "Well, I know you missed me. And I can say I'm surprised that we're on the same boat right now,"

For a split second May's eyes widened, but then she laughed, "That's the worst use of pun I've ever heard!"

Drew chuckled a bit at her bipolar actions. ”And she still doesn't realize the meaning behind the pun,"

"So," Drew started, "How are you doin'? I suppose you haven’t gotten any better,"

May shot him a ridiculous look. "What? Of course I've gotten better! And don't forget that I beat you in the Grand Festival!" she glared into his green eyes. But, whenever she did that, it would make Drew want to tease her more. He loved to see her bipolar antics.

"That was all about luck," he sneered, flicking his chartreuse hair, "I would've won if it wasn't for that Overheat."

"Okay, I'll take you on!" May yelled defiantly, "On our first contest in Johto! Let's see who's better now!"

"Oh, my… I surely don't want it if you lose and cry loudly in front of the contest hall. It will be so embarrassing." He jeered, smugness practically dripping in his voice.

Her rage fueled, however when she was about to open her mouth to counter his remarks, Drew shoved the rose he was holding in front of her face. He watched as her facial expression soften while she silently retrieved the rose from him.

Another bipolar antic from the typical May.

"You're still the same..." said the brunette quietly, staring into the rose before smelling it.

Drew smiled smugly, "Of course, I'm Drew after all," he flicked his hair for the umpteenth time that day.

"Absolutely, a jerky, arrogant, and snobbish Drew," she remarked.

"Oh, yeah?" he mocked with a smirk, "How would it be if I change into a soft, humble, and helpful Drew?"

"That would be great news," May said innocently.

Drew laughed, "Then, I must say, keep dreaming. I won't change for anyone, even in my next, next, and next life."

May looked at him in disappointment, "So, you want to be like this forever? It's not fun at all."

"Fun? What's so fun about me changing into a different one? It makes no sense," he replied sarcastically, raising one of his eyebrows.

"Just imagine if you're reported in magazines, newspapers and whatnot, showing up in the big headline: 'Drew's New Behavior'. It will be so funny! I'd be the first one to read it." May envisioned, laughing hard. Now she was the one to tease Drew...wow.

He kept his composure and flicked his fringe, "So, you're interested in me, eh? I never knew you're one of my fan girls,"

May's laughter quickly petered out as she yelled, "There's no way I will, in my precious life, be your fan girl!"

"We'll see."

"Announcement for passengers. We'll arrive in Goldenrod City in ten minutes. Please prepare your things. We're not responsible for things left behind. Thank you for the cooperation and have a nice day," a feminine sound emitted from big speakers spread throughout the ship's decks and levels.

May's Eevee made its way through the ship and leapt up onto May's lap. Drew watched as May pulled out her Pokeblock case and gave her Eevee some purple-colored Pokeblocks.

Silently he wished he could be that Eevee.

"By the way, are you traveling alone, Drew?" May asked, trying to be civil. Drew's eyes were still following Eevee's actions, which now was licking May's fingers.

For a millisecond May thought she noticed Drew's eyes glaring at her Eevee.

But why would he do that? She must've been seeing things.

"As usual," he swiftly answered and brought his eyes up to her sapphire eyes, "Speaking about it, where are those people who normally travel with you?"

"Who do you mean?" May asked back, but then realization came on her and she promptly continued, "My friends?"

"Yeah… Your brother, with that Ashy boy, and the one who serenades every female creature he meets, who's his name again? Brod?"

May raised her eyebrow, "Brock?" Drew shrugged and she rolled her eyes. "Stop calling them names like that, okay? They're my friends."

"Whatever," Drew crossed his arms on his chest and shut his eyes.

May scoffed at his rude behavior.

"They're not travelling with me anymore, Max stayed in Dad's gym, Ash headed to new region. But, I don't remember the name, I think it's Sinnoh. Maybe Brock is following too, but I think they're going to stop at their hometowns first."

"So you're traveling alone now," Drew concluded. Yes, it was more of a question than a statement.

"Right," answered May. She grasped a Pokéball from her fanny pack, gesturing it to her Eevee. A red beam flashed toward Eevee and it reverted into the ball.

"Alone, huh? That must be a pity for a person like you who are always engulfing in your friends' attention." he sneered, flicking his hair.

"Shut up." May glared at him, "I am going to travel alone someday and why not now when I'm younger. I have to get used to it somehow, so...yeah.. I decide to go on my journey alone."

Drew chuckled, "Right. Less is more."

A slight disappointment clouded her heart, but she didn’t know why.

"Though I don't get why your parents let you go alone, seeing you're as reckless as a Munchlax in food pursuit."

Meanwhile, Drew was actually relieved she was alone without those guys around her. That way, he could be more carefree around her and not having to control his words. He always had the urge to flirt with her, but he didn't want her friends to interrupt. Now that they're gone, he could say whatever he had been burying all these time. But it would be slightly better, if she could just...be with him all the time.

"You. Didn't. Mean. That." May's offended glare pierced his emeralds, but the greenhead didn't falter and just reclined casually in his seat.

"Actually, I sorta did." He countered, raising his eyebrows. May made a 'tch' sound and crossed her arms in anger; she couldn't let him anger her, they hadn't even reached Johto yet, but they were already arguing. This was a disaster.

"It's dangerous though," Drew mused, shrugging. May watched as Drew's expression changed into a serious one. "You will never know what lies ahead. When you're with friends, you won't have to worry because you're not facing the danger alone. But now that you're traveling on your own, you'll have to be extra cautious."

Though he didn’t seem like he cared, he cared.

Wait.... He cared?

"Umm.. Well..." The brunette scratched her forehead, "You're right. I want a companion, but I also want to be independent. It's hard, I know. But I'll manage."

"You need someone to protect you." He said nonchalantly, although he was being serious. May stared at him contemptibly. Did he just imply that she needed a bodyguard? Hello, what age was this? She had her Pokémon to protect her!

"I'm big enough, I can take care of myself." Her gaze at him seemed like he had just spoken something absurd.

And Drew didn't like how she sounded like she didn't need a companion. He wanted her to need him, to ask him, and to let him protect her.

"Yeah." Drew waved off her protest sarcastically, "You're like, eleven, May. Someone could easily throw you into a van with a single hand."

"But nobody would do that!" she remarked ridiculously.

"Oh, yeah, everybody would," he, again, waved her comment off.

"Drew, why are you-"

"You can't trust anyone, May." He hissed, his emeralds piercing into her eyes. "Have you already forgotten how Harley used your trust to trap you into losing?"

May stilled. Indeed, he was right about that.

She avoided his eyes and twitched her lips upward just slightly, seemingly in thought. Drew shifted in his seat. Damn... This girl couldn’t take a hint, could she?

========================

Anyway, tell me if there's any mistake, okay? Thank you.
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections~

Rafe from Destiny Deoxys is my hot bishie, YOOHOO!

Great storeeh
    i luv the part when drew passed may a rose without hurting her hand

& the part when he pretended to be silly of may's hints
    very sweet ^__^

sory what's a pm list?
    I'm a newcomer so I don't know too much

Without further ado...

CHAPTER 2 - TOGETHER

"I..." May hesitated. What was his point here? Was he asking her to give up travelling? Why did he get so irritated over this little thing? It's not like his life would also be endangered if she travels alone. A part of her mind informed her he was concerned about her safety, but she quickly pushed that deduction aside. He wouldn't be concerned about her, he was the self-righteous Drew after all. Nevertheless, she couldn't deny she was also afraid about going alone in her journey, either...

"I know it's dangerous for me to travel alone," May tentatively said, "I just..."

May fell in silence, battling whether it's a smart move to ask him to join her. She needed someone to take care of her, that's true. But if the person was Drew, she didn't know if she wanted it... It's not like Drew wasn’t reliable, but the odds are gossips would start to blow and it would undoubtedly affect their coordinating career. She didn’t want that. She didn't like the pressure of being talked about, especially by his fan girls. And there was no way she could stand his arrogant attitude throughout the journey, they would often bicker and that's not a good thing to have in a journey. Moreover, she wasn't sure if Drew wanted a travel partner... He seemed to enjoy travelling alone. If she asked him and he rejected, it would probably be the most embarrassing moment of her life.

What about Harley? He mentioned that he'd be travelling in Johto as well, and had even suggested to travel together.

But on second thoughts, she decided Harley might not be the best travel partner. That guy had conveyed an unknown grudge on her, who knows what he'd do if they go on a journey together.

Soledad... Drew had disclosed Soledad was going to Johto too. Soledad looked mature, maybe travelling with her would be a great idea. They're both girls and no gossips were going to go off. However... Soledad was a sharp, skilled coordinator. If they were to travel together, she'd never catch up on the ribbons unless they take turns to participate in contests. Well...maybe that wasn't really a great idea.

So that left only Drew for her choice.

She denied it, cheering herself by planting thoughts that she'd meet someone new in Johto and they'll be travel partners. But she wouldn’t be close enough to that person to find out if they're trustworthy to be her travel companion. She definitely didn't want to be assassinated by her own travel partner just because they had no food left.

Then again, when she started travelling with Ash, they barely knew each other too. Still, she didn’t want to take any risks now. Drew was the most acceptable person as of now. When she's with him, she felt secure, as if it's a natural reflex to do so. Her mind had the thought that he'd always come and help her at the right moment. He didn't seem like he cared, but in reality, he had aided her more than she could've realized.

The realization that she'd just realized now was striking her on her head.

He had been aiding her, assisting her away from Harley, alleviating her tenses, constantly pushing her to strive harder...

He had to be the one. Now she just had to figure out how to ask him to join her....without an embarrassing effort. Well, she could drop hints. But the quickest way would be just ask him straightforwardly. Now... How would she do that?

It's true that she wanted a companion, (preferably Drew) but she didn't want to voice out her insecurities. She didn’t want to seem weak in front of Drew, especially not him. He was her main rival, she earned his respect, so she didn't want to appear melancholy.

She decided she'd use the vague way.

"Yeah? I'm waiting," Drew's serious expression had already vanished without any trace when she glanced at him. Why did this guy's expression change so quickly like a kaleidoscope?

"I... Well..." May trailed off, bringing her eyes up to seek an eye contact. His eyes were unmistakable, they reflected comprehension and uncertainty in the same time. Although she'd never understand why the uncertainty was there. The way his eyes bore deep into her sapphires nearly made her falter, but she held the gaze anyway.

Catch my hints, please. I know you're smart, Drew.

"Well?"

Whereas Drew knew she wanted a companion, he didn’t seem very sure to let her join him. It would be harder for them together than alone, according to his logical thinking. Though, his hormonal mind informed different things.

There were various reasons why he couldn't travel with her, but deeply inside, he knew he wanted to, and he needed to. She couldn't afford to be alone, she was too naďve to go through a region on her own. There were instances where she couldn't protect herself even with her partners around, and he couldn't imagine if she were to be alone. He didn’t want her to get into any trouble, not her, at least. He had grown a strange unknown keenness to her, and frankly he didn't know why. It wasn't because those silky thighs, and it certainly wasn't because the smooth skin she possessed. It was something else he couldn't comprehend.

That didn’t mean the two previous factors were not included in the contributing factors.

Now, now. He was pretty sure it wasn’t her looks that caught his eyes. There were still many girls who had prettier bodily features than she had, it was a fact. But if he had to choose, he'd choose her without qualm. She had this little thing in her which pulled him to be around her, and he doubted he could contain himself from being close to her all the time. If they were going to travel together, it would certainly happen when one day he'd lose his self-control and just kiss her in the middle of the rain.

And he actually liked that to happen someday.

And the first thing he had to make it happen was to be her travel partner.

"I'm all ears," He beamed with a little bit of smugness. The image of her in his arms was too enticing to not be smiled about.

"Umm... I think.... I could use a companion..." she trailed, her fingers trembling slightly. Drew smirked, inserting his hand into his pocket.

Great move, May.

"Obviously," Drew agreed calmly, though his head was doing victorious dances. But he wanted to hear his name on her lips, asking him to join her in May's (ridiculous) Expedition.

"Harley invited you, if I recall correctly," he spoke, while successfully containing his laugh by biting his lower lip. May coughed as if Harley was some kind of disgusting medicine she was forced to take.

"Jeez! I couldn't even imagine if it- happens! The image of him travelling with me... is just... gross!" May commented absurdly, "And God knows if he was going to crush me into losing with his malicious tricks again."

"Well, then with whom does the image of your travelling isn't gross?" Drew nuanced.

Don't insinuate, Drew.

She casted a wary glance at him, "Well, Ash, Max, and Brock."

So, you're making this harder, May?

"Of course," Drew deadpanned, "But they are not in the choice now, are they?"

You know what I'm implicating.

"Yeah..." May's word trailed off. She brushed her fingers with the hem of her shirt. From the biting of her lips, he knew she was thinking about something profoundly.

But Drew -albeit impatiently- waited for her reply.

"Dear passengers, we have arrived in Goldenrod City, Johto. Please leave the ship in an orderly manner and do not leave your baggage unattended. Thank you for participating with S.S Gold, and have a nice day." The announcement echoed.

"You."

The word caught Drew off guard as he had just gotten up from his seat. He nearly asked "What?" out of reflex, but his mind worked faster than he had realized.

She was asking him to be her travel partner.

When Drew hadn't have her an answer, she closed her eyes and accepted the rejection. This was going as she'd predicted...

Or did he not understand what she'd just said? After all, she had just said a single word.

But he should, he was-

"Me." came Drew's awaited answer.

He was playing the game.

Whilst waiting, Drew observed her fidgeting and he stood upright, then he found himself restraining to engulf her in a tight embrace. This was not the right moment and place.

May trembled slightly when she affirmed, "Yes, you, Drew. You'd be...the only choice, I guess."

The best choice.

"So, do you mind..accompanying me?" she finished, her eyes darting down to avoid his gaze.

Drew tucked his one hand into his jeans pocket. "It's nice of you to invite me, May, but I..."

May didn't dare to look up at him, she kept her eyes staring at the blue-carpeted floor. She was not disappointed. She was not, in hell, disappointed at herself and his choice. Why would she get disappointed after all? It was his damn right to reject her invitation.

She swiftly got up from her seat and scrambled past him to the exit, but stopped halfway when he continued his words.

"I'd love to..." he uttered, a smirk forming in his lips. May instantly turned to him and stared at him, with wide eyes and an equally wide grin on her face.

"Annoy you endlessly in our journey." He finished. May's grin changed into a smirk. Of course he'd do and say something like that, he was Drew alright.
    He walked past her and gestured her to move with a quirk of his head, "Come on, we don't want to get sailed back."

May followed him out with a gigantic smile.

"I can't wait to feel Johto's fresh air!" the brunette exclaimed, earning a chortle from her new travel companion.

======================
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 1:12 PM.

Thats okay besause I can just suscribe to the thread so I'll
    know if you post again.Very nice shapter cant wiat fo the next!

CONTESTSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!!
    MAY & DREW FOREVER
    I'm a total Twilight Saga fan,too.
    Picture credit:
    Nishi06
    DeviantART
    Link: http://nishi06.deviantart.com/art/po...194?moodonly=1

CHAPTER 3 – ALONE, TOGETHER

When May walked out from the ship, the clouds drifted apart, uncovering the sun and causing the bright sunlight to alight the land below, though the brunette never noticed it. May's eyes sparkled when she finally set her feet on the pier. Drew was beside her when she stretched her hand and inhaled the fresh air. He snickered, shrugging mockingly while strutting away.

"What?" May inquired annoyingly after she marched to Drew's side.

"Nah," Drew flicked his hair, "It's just you're acting like a child who is visiting an amusement park for the first time."

May grunted, putting her hands on her hips. "It can't be helped, can it? This is actually the first time I've ever been here."

Drew inserted his hands into his pockets and walked down the harbor. "First things first. Let's find a place to stay, and then register for our contests. After that, we will go practice."

"Wow, you sound like a teacher or something," May commented offhandedly, following him.

"Of course, that's because I'm more experienced and organized than you," He quipped, smirking.

May groaned, "Don't forget I beat you—"

"And I defeated you back after, right?" Drew countered smoothly, "Don't always talk about the past, May. We have to move forward whether we've won or lost. I believe we've talked about that."

May groaned once again. Well, he had a point.

"You've only managed to win over me once and you're already gloating about it," he continued, a smirk coming up to his lips. "I wonder why."

May had the urge to blush, but she mentally struggled it back.

"People say, when you like someone, you always want to impress him," Drew said, "Being better in front of him, bragging about your achievements, etcetera. Do you have that symptoms, May?" he drawled on her name slowly, as if threatening her.

A sudden wave of braveness overcame her after she mulled over his words for a moment. "Ha, you also have that, don't you, Drew?" she responded, pronouncing his name slowly and carefully.

Drew wasn't at all faltering, he was still smirking proudly as he slowed down his pace. May smirked at him while continuing, "Could it be that you Drew, the famous heartthrob, like someone?" she snickered, eyes glancing sideways at him.

Drew crossed his arms over his chest casually, "So you admit that I am a famous heartthrob." He declared matter-of-factly.

May's smirk lowered into an upside U. Jeez, this guy would never admit to losing, would he?

"Never." The brunette stated defiantly. They had never discussed anything like this in the past, their conversations mostly were about contests, battling styles, thoughts about Pokémon, or just plain teases from Drew's part. However, seeing the events in the ship and just now, it seemed like things had just changed.

She had gotten close to him considerably, especially after the near-drowning experience in Mirage Island. But as mentioned, the topic of their discussions were never about personal feelings, and Drew had never been truly open towards her. He had, at some point, began to speak about some things which were slightly personal, but they were not too evident. He liked to play games with her mind and fool around, even when discussing serious topics, and May never got his message across (much to Drew's delight). She had tried to probe out something from him again, surely. But upon asked, he just changed the topic and made fun of May, making the brunette forgot what she was originally trying to obtain. It was like his hobby was to lark his thoughts about and let her figure them out herself. Was it because she's travelling with Ash and the others so he was afraid she'd spill his secrets to her friends? After all, Ash had ever interrupted their little conversation by thrusting an ice cream in front of her face.

She wondered if Drew gave her roses because he was hesitant to tell her, for, there were her friends there.

Well, that meant Drew liked her, right?

No, until she could confirm it herself, she didn't believe he liked her. Right, he had showed her some more-than-friendly gestures way back in Chrysanthemum Island, but come to think of it, it was May who hugged him first. He was just brushing some strands of hair away and she, being a complete fool she was, thought he was about to hug him, and so that happened. She hugged him, like a lover would do. When she realized his hand was going to tuck her hair away from her face and not hug her, it was already too late. Drew already had his arms around her. And truthfully, though she didn't know why, she felt comfortable. He was her rival, after all, she shouldn't feel like that. There was no awkwardness albeit May's awkward mistake was (supposedly) making her feel awkward.

Hey, why was she thinking about these from the start?

Geez, no wonder he was staring at her now with an almost laughing face.

"Go away," May whined, mentally cursing her cheeks for blushing. The brunette brushed past him and quickened her pace incredibly. She decided to drop this whole conversation to prevent further embarrassment, it would not do any good especially considering the fact that she was travelling with him now.

But Drew thought otherwise.

"Or it was you, who like someone, but trying to diverse the conversation? You're all red." he mocked. May suddenly chocked on a breath.

If I am still wearing my old red attire, I'd have a good comeback.

"What are you-even talking about!" she stuttered, much to her annoyance.

"You knew it." He replied, "Don't bother to act silly, you're already silly."

"I can't stand you!" May furiously groused, stopping her walk completely.

"And why am I even travelling with you now?!" she continued her little rant, "This is such a.. Disaster! I mean, you and I, we bicker on a regular basis, yet we're now together! I.. I mean 'together' in terms of travelling! Jeez, why am I even explaining this to you?!"

Drew just stared at her with a smirk evident on his face.

"Now, Drew, stay away from me, okay? I'll travel alone from now."

Drew's expression stoned instantly. "It's not safe."

May walked away from him, shrugging as if it was no big deal. "I can protect myself, after all I still have my Pokémon."

He followed her, "No, you can't. You're as weak as a Magikarp."

"I'm not!" May quickly screamed, stopping her walk once again. "Don't you get it, Drew? I can do alone, I'm not weak! And stop belittling me!" with that she grits her teeth and marched away.

Drew did nothing to stop her this time, he just gazed at her furthering figure.

=============

The hugging part in Chrysanthemum Island is scene I made up in my one-shot, so don't bother to find it in the canon anime :P
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 1:18 PM.

That's a good story. I review another one of yours too. I read this for two reasons, one I like how you write, and two Crissy111 is one of my friends, and I knew she requested it. I think this is a funny yet cute story.

Nice chap!

I love the part when they're in the cafe

keep it up!
    If the PM list has opened, i want join!

I really liked it!
    Can't wait for the next chap!

CONTESTSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!!
    MAY & DREW FOREVER
    I'm a total Twilight Saga fan,too.
    Picture credit:
    Nishi06
    DeviantART
    Link: http://nishi06.deviantart.com/art/po...194?moodonly=1

Thanks for the reviews and support
    I'm glad you liked it.

So these are the three chapters I've came up with. I'll post other chapters after I'm done proofreading them and if I have a decent internet connection. See ya'll next chapter!
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 1:21 PM.

where's the spoiler?
    you missed it?
    i can't see it clearly
    8(
    Iky <3 Ledian
    touch me & then pull me closer, so you can get on my nerves
    currently a pokeshipper and contestshipper

Reserved for fourth chapter. Here's the spoiler:

Spoiler:- Under the Stars:
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 1:24 PM. Reason: typo~

"I'm going to steal your first kiss," she said. She slowly leaned in, closer to Drew's face. Drew closed his eyes, preparing for his first kiss and her first also. But, much to his dismay, she didn't kiss right to his lips, but she gave a peck to his cheek.
    "Hihihi," she giggled, "You're tricked,"
    so cute! )

"Okay, now, let's go to practice," Drew called. They walked out to the Pokecenter. But, someone's tailing them...
    who's that???
    Iky <3 Ledian
    touch me & then pull me closer, so you can get on my nerves
    currently a pokeshipper and contestshipper

This is good. But, I'll be frank, your spelling and grammar is horrendous. But, other than that, this is an awesome story, you might want to add more description and paragraph it like a story, that format is used for plays, primarily. PM me when the next chapter is out.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

Hm....interesting? Uless it's a made up charactor who hasn't come in yet, i beleive I know who's tailing them.. Can I be on the PM list please??!!!
    I can't let you vanish,
    There's no magic when you're gone,

Check out Disappear, A BarryxOC fanfic, coming soon
    You say you don't need me
    You say It's time to leave me
    I'm not gonna let you disappear
    And I don't wanna hear it
    I don't wanna believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    This is good. But, I'll be frank, your spelling and grammar is horrendous. But, other than that, this is an awesome story, you might want to add more description and paragraph it like a story, that format is used for plays, primarily. PM me when the next chapter is out.

~Ayra~
    I know, right. :P I did a horrible job back then. Well, I'm trying to do my best and rewrite this whole fic so it won't suck as much. Tell me what you think? Thank you for your feedback.
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 21st June 2012 at 1:34 PM.

Wow, not bad. But, once again, put in more detail and paragraph it. It's confusing to read that way. And, from the note, Harley sent that doll.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

awww. That really was cute. Poor May, that little doll scared her, (not critisizing, but that was funny) and Harley is a big meeny-head, (bonks him in the head with a chair) Okay,and May and Drew kissed, and what a cutevway to put it!!!
    I can't let you vanish,
    There's no magic when you're gone,

Check out Disappear, A BarryxOC fanfic, coming soon
    You say you don't need me
    You say It's time to leave me
    And I don't wanna hear it
    I don't wanna believe it

Take your time and don't rush things. It'll be more natural if you let it come to you.

~Ayra~
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

Reserved for the new revamped chapters. Thanks to all of you who supported me, I feel so blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    Take your time and don't rush things. It'll be more natural if you let it come to you.

~Ayra~
    Thank you for your support!

Now, next chapter is up!

CHAPTER 4 – PRIDE AND WORRIES

As the night has fallen, May's worries has increased multiple times. She had not gotten a place to stay yet, being short on money to rent a hotel room. It had crossed her mind to rent a small room in the Pokémon Centre since it was the cheapest option she had, but when she did earlier, Nurse Joy had told her there was no single room left. There were a few double and group rooms, but of course the cost was higher too, so she refused politely. The kind nurse had suggested her to find someone to room with for the night, and she had thought of her (former) companion Drew, but quickly diminished the idea due to the outbreak they had this afternoon. It would be awkward to ask him to do so. So here she was, tramping around the local park, hoping to get a nice place to rest on. The bench didn’t look comfortable, but seeing the condition she was in, she'd accept that no matter how displeasing it might be.

It suddenly streaked in her mind how would people perceive the news about her, the Top Four in the Grand Festival, sleeping in the park.

What would her friends think if they knew that? She had just been apart from her friends for one day and was already becoming a damsel in distress. Her family would ban her from travelling for sure. Moreover, how would Drew react to that?

Deciding staying in the park wasn't exactly the best choice, she strutted back into the Pokémon Centre. She'd rather spend a sleepless night there than the public park. At least it's more comfortable and safe, and air-conditioned too.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Centre, may I help you?" the pink-haired nurse greeted in a joyful manner, matching her name.

May couldn't help but to smile back, "No, I just...want to rest in the lounge."

"I'm sorry, sleeping is not allowed in the lounge," Nurse Joy informed dismally. May quickly laughed.

"No, I'm not planning to sleep there!" She nervously scratched the back of her neck, "I'm going to plan some strategies for my next contest, so I'll stay awake. I have an insomnia, after all, so even though I have nothing to do, I won't fall asleep. What I wanted to ask is can I reserve my seat for the night? Because I'll possibly go train at the dawn." She lied. Nurse Joy unknowingly accepted her answer and gave her a confirmation, much to her delight.

But unbeknownst by them, Drew was at the corner leaning his back on the wall and listening to their conversation. Even though he didn't directly see her face, he knew she was lying. The fiddling of her fingers he had seen from the corner of his eyes was a slight indicator of lying. And a heavy sigh she breathed after she'd left the main counter was also another indicator she was relieved that she'd managed to fool the nurse.

When May plopped down on the bright-orange sofa, Drew made his presence known by sitting beside her and surprising the distressed brunette.

"You can't force yourself to not sleep, you know. It's not good for your health." Drew immediately said when his bottom set on the sofa, not giving the brunette a chance to recover from her shock.

"Drew? What are you doing here?" May questioned after blinking several times.

Drew kept his hands in his pocket. "To bring you with me."

"Huh?"

"Let's go. I've found a proper place to stay," Drew advised, his green eyes staring into her eyes.

"I-I.. It's okay here," May stuttered, finding herself unable to think right, "I couldn't sleep anyway."

"You can fool Nurse Joy but not me, May." Drew snickered, but monotonously. He knew?

"W-what are you talking about?"

"You know it best." Drew replied, getting up from his seat. "Come on, don't waste my time and money."

May's eyes watched him incredulously. "What do you mean?"

Drew shot back a gaze at her, "You're really slow today, aren't you?" he said annoyingly, "Oh, never mind, you're slow everyday."

The brunette leapt to her feet furiously, but he swiftly sauntered away while speaking, "I've booked two rooms."

That caught her off-guard.

"Two rooms?" May enquired while following him, "What for?"

Drew grunted slightly and began striding away. He annoyingly inserted his hands in his pocket before saying, "For you, of course, dimwit."

Me?

But before May could open her mouth, he quickly added, "Or are you implying that you want us to sleep in the same room? I've heard you're scared of darkness and monsters under the bed." A smirk came to his lips.

"Of course not!" May's cheeks instantly heated up, and she thanked Gods that Drew was walking ahead of her so he couldn't see it.

"Then be grateful and don't complain." Drew said, ending the conversation there. May stayed silent throughout the walk as he'd ordered, trying her best not to ask where they were heading to or how he managed to find her.

When Drew led her to enter a huge fancy hotel with bright lightings, May thought he was kidding. It was the newest and most expensive hotel in Johto (May had learned about it when she watched the advertisement in the Pokémon Centre). It had many facilities which other hotels didn't have. With four swimming pools of different depths, two fitness centers, seven restaurants plus a fast food centre at the first floor for those who needed a quick meal, three internet cafes, a Pokémon daycare for the guests, two spa and sauna centers, several top brands' official store, a PokeMart, an observation tower at the top floor which overlooked the whole city, three mini-playgrounds for kids, an exclusive Elite Four and Gyms' meeting room, and a Contest Hall to top it all, the hotel was like the epitome of luxury. As May stared at the building in awe, Drew nudged her side indifferently to snap her out of her dreamy gaze and gestured her to follow him.

He didn't like how the building seemed to occupy her attention more than him.

"Reservations under Drew," he stated to the dark-skinned receptionist as he leaned his arms on the counter.

The receptionist immediately typed the information into her computer, and then she smiled before asking, "Two single rooms for two nights, is it correct?"

"Yes." Drew confirmed.

"We have yet to scan the fingerprints under May Maple's name, Mister." The receptionist informed while she clicked something similar to a button on the fingerprint scanner.

May's eyes widened. What was this, she had to scan her fingerprints? Were they suspecting she was a criminal or some sort?

The receptionist smiled and explained when May seemed to hesitate, "Don't worry, it's like a room key, except we use a fingerprint card system for a higher security, Miss May."

"Figured you don't know about that," Drew sneered, a mocking smirk appearing on his lips.

May glared at him as she placed her right forefinger on the scanner. The receptionist stopped her hand halfway by saying, "I'm sorry, it's the thumb of both hands, but if your thumbs are hurt or scarred, it's fine."

Drew snickered while May cackled nervously, "Oh, my thumbs are alright. I just didn't know that."

"What?" May shot a glare at Drew. She found his smirk very irritating to her eyes, as if it was screaming "You country girl!" at her. After she was done with her fingerprints, the receptionist thanked her and notified them everything was ready. May raised her eyebrow and promptly asked Drew, "Why didn't you get your fingerprints scanned too?"

"Well, a genius doesn't need his fingerprint scanned," Drew jested with a shrug. May rolled her eyes.

"Nah, only the payer has to scan their fingerprint," he said again. May's eyes instantly bulged.

"WHAT?!" she screamed, her eyes as wide as saucers. Drew chuckled at her reaction and got into the empty lift.

"Yeah, you're paying." he shrugged like it was nothing.

"WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEN, DREW!" May shouted, her voice echoing in the lift which had only those two inside. "Are you freaking kidding me?! One night in this heaven will cost me my parents' lifetime savings!"

Drew chuckled, "Don't exaggerate, May, it's not that expensive. You can work as the dishwasher here for a month to pay for the rooms."

"Drew, I advise you not to anger me or I'll make your death look like an accident," May gritted her teeth.

"Do it, then," he challenged with a smirk. But when she lunged at him, he avoided with ease thus causing her to growl irritatingly.

"Now, now, we wouldn't want to miss this sight, would we?" Drew said as the lift door opened in time, revealing a large room with many telescopes and glass walls.

"Wow!" May exclaimed upon seeing the observation room and quickly sprinted toward an unoccupied telescope, completely forgetting about Drew's remarks.

The view was marvelous, she could see the countless stars shining brightly in the night sky like diamonds. She could see people beneath in a zoomed view, some were walking alone, some were with their friends or spouses, and some were with their Pokémon.

"Wow, this scope is so clear! Maybe it can see your hidden freckles and pimples, Drew," May joked, her eyes not leaving the telescope.

Drew sneered, "It maybe also can see the nonexistence of your brain."

"Drew!" May shrieked in protest, "Why don't you take another telescope and stay away from me?" she inveighed before turning back to survey the city with the astronomical telescope. The green-haired coordinator, however, ignored her request.

"You can adjust the zoom, you know." Drew informed with a glint of haughtiness. May turned away from the telescope and stared at him while he twisted what seemed to be an adjuster at the side of the telescope.

"Don't bug me!" She whined childishly. He snickered, but made no attempt to move.

May decided to ignore the annoying greenhead and explore the cityscape. She took her time in sighting the city, observing people's funny walking styles, couples arguing, and much more. That emerged a question in her mind, what if she's the one below and some random person was laughing at her frustration earlier?

That occurred another thought, did Drew stalk her via this scope to know her whereabouts? No wonder he knew she was in the Pokémon Centre. Well, literally one couldn't see past the Centre's walls but if you stalk someone you'd see them walking inside. Jeez, what a creep.

Eventually May had finished with her sighting contently and made the decision to call it a day, much to Drew's delight. He had been tired due to the training he'd done that evening and desired a nice rest, but he restrained himself just to bring her to the top floor to the observation tower. Seeing her face glowing in joyfulness was pure bliss, he couldn't bring himself to stop her or leave her there, and he thought it was worth it. He had been worrying whether she was still mad at her for the morning events, but it seemed like her bipolar-ness did a good deed for him. When she brightened up jauntily upon entering the tower, all his worries fled out of the window and he soaked himself in her cheerfulness, not leaving her side even a second.

When the lift dinged to signal they'd already reached the tenth floor, May suddenly asked, "Did you monitor my whereabouts this afternoon from the observation tower?"

"No, I am not a creep unlike someone," he retorted in defense.

May's eyes narrowed at him suspiciously, and despite how it unnerved him, he stayed in his composure and walked out of the lift calmly. May followed, studying his movements like he was a prey.

"I was practicing the whole day, distracting myself," he revealed without looking at her. Huh? From what?

"I had to try with all my might to divert my mind from you." Drew appended, his pace slowing.

Me?
    May blinked, was a confession supposed to ensue after this? What should she do then?

There were very many questions in her mind, but she couldn’t decide which one to ask. Why her? Why did he tell her this? Why did he have to distract himself by training? Why was he thinking about her? What was his thoughts about?

The biggest question being: Did he like her?

But she didn't ask, instead, she waited for the continuation of his words. And he did continue.

"You want to know why?" he muttered, finally turning to her, their eyes clashing with questions.

May nodded curtly. He took a step to lessen their proximity while maintaining their eye contact. "I had a bad feeling something might happen to you. Every cell in my body kept blaming me for making you go away, and telling me that if something were to happen to you, it would be my fault. I felt horrible. It was like losing something you'll never get back." He disclosed, gazing into her navy eyes the whole time he spoke.

May felt herself weak in the knees. Was he apologizing? The Drew, apologizing at her for making her mad? He had never done it before, frankly. And back then, even after he'd yelled at her during the Kanto Grand Festival, he didn't really apologize. It was after she'd won over him in the next day's battle that he had spoken to her again as if there was nothing happened in the previous day. But looking back, it was May who seemed to seek his forgiveness. When she'd finally beaten him, she gazed at him, as if to see if he's still mad at her for barging in his training session with Absol. She was so glad when he smiled at her approvingly, as she immediately embraced her Combusken.

But she'd never thought Drew would care this much about her, to even say he felt horrible when she left. Drew had almost never voiced his negative feelings aloud like he'd just done, but hey, things had changed, hadn't they? Drew cared about her too, back then, but it wasn't in a gentlemanly way like this. He used the sterner way, he scolded her and warned her, not directly protecting her from the source of problem. Why had he changed?

"I..." May coughed out after a few moments, "But.... Nothing happened to me, right?"

So don't reciprocate yourself, Drew. I'm also sorry for fussing over a small thing.

Drew shrugged, "It seems so. I'm glad I found you at the Pokémon Center, so I brought you here. Nothing will happen to you, I will do my job to ensure that."

"T-thank you, Drew." May muttered, not quite accustomed to Drew's attentive behavior. Maybe she was right about him about to confess something, as he seemed to contemplate something.

"This is your room," He notified, gesturing to a blue plate on the door, "Just put your thumb here, and the door will be unlocked automatically. And don't worry, it's been paid." He chuckled slightly.

May placed her right thumb on the blue plate, and short after, there was a clicking sound from the door, showing it was already unlocked.

"My room is just over here," Drew scanned his fingerprint on the door just across May's room, "Just call when something happens. I'll wake you up on seven tomorrow, is it fine with you?"

"Yeah," May answered, opening the door, "Good night, Drew."

"Night," Drew opened his door, and was about to enter his room when May called him.

"Huh?"

When Drew's eyes met May's big eyes timidly gazing at him, he smiled.

"Um... Thank you," May said slightly hesitant. Drew raised an eyebrow at her, and she quickly added, "For all of this. It must cost very much." she pointed inside the room.

"It's nothing," he replied, "Rest early."

Drew entered his room after May got into her room. Feeling really tired, he flopped down on the mattress without taking off his shoes. It had been an eventful day, hadn't it?
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 23rd June 2012 at 3:38 PM.

How sweet, but, once again, I'd like it if you added more description and paragraph it. It's confusing to read when it's that way. Other than that, nice work.

~Ayra~
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

I'll probably end up filling a whole page correcting your mistakes... No offense, but it seems like I'm reading a rough draft of something that a kid wrote. The grammar is awful and it makes the story confusing even though I can still imagine what you're trying to explain. It's a good try, but please put up a grammar check w/whatever you're using to type the story. Grammar check it a lot like spell check, but it gives you suggestions to make the document more understandable. Also, please look through your story and read it as if you've never seen it before so you can correct your mistakes and revise it so that it's better. This story is nice, but you need to really work on grammar skills in order to receive good ratings/reviews and more readers.
    DAML Forever

Espeon and Umbreon are my favorite Eeveelutions!

Shiny Goals: Beautifly (in progress), Jumpluff, Umbreon, Ninetails, Absol, Gardevoir/Gallade, Roserade, Altaria, Swellow

@shuukara: I know what you meant, I had a pretty screwed up grammar, huh. :P Sorry, I was still a teenager back then.
    I'm neither British or American, while shadow_shipper is too busy to proofread for me. And I'm rewriting the whole story, so, I apologize for the mistakes I did in the past.

Thankies for the review anyway.

Spoiler for next chapter:

Spoiler:- Cannot Be Replaced:
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 23rd June 2012 at 5:10 PM. Reason: adding a spoiler

Do you use Microsoft Word? It has both spelling and grammar check. It's the only program I've ever used for typing fanfictions and school work. I think there's a guide somewhere on this site that can help you. Sorry, but that's all that I know.

By the way, there's no grammar mistakes in the piece you put in that spoiler.
    DAML Forever

Espeon and Umbreon are my favorite Eeveelutions!

Shiny Goals: Beautifly (in progress), Jumpluff, Umbreon, Ninetails, Absol, Gardevoir/Gallade, Roserade, Altaria, Swellow

@shuukara: Thanks!
    Honestly, I don't have Microsoft word. I use notepad XP

Okay, thanks again. I'll post the next chappie right after some edits.

K. So here's the next chapter...

CHAPTER 5 – A DISASTER IN DISASTERS

May woke up slightly late due to her over-ruminating last night. The brunette had been up and about, reflecting over everything that's happened and what she thought about those incidents (and how she thought Drew was going to confess although he didn't). She eventually fell into slumber at midnight while in the process of dwelling over stuff. Yeah, stuff.

When she felt sunlight piercing past the window into the room, she immediately sat up and realized it was already a quarter past seven. But fortunately, after she'd done her hurried bath and rushed out from her room, she saw Drew was also just getting out from his own room.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Nah, don't worry about it," Drew shrugged and strode past her into the elevator. She couldn't help but heave a relieved sigh, she had assumed Drew would be angry, seeing he was quite a regimented coordinator.

They had their breakfast at a Korean restaurant, but actually May had only eaten two bites. So, she ordered some drinks to satisfy her tummy, which, much to her frustration, didn't suit her taste buds either. The unfortunate brunette found herself instantly disliking Korean cuisine, and Drew had gotten a great laugh at her expression when she ate her kimchi. If he were Harley, he'd have definitely taken a photo to capture the priceless moment, but he was not, and he'd never want to be that cosplay freak.

"Why are you even eating it like it's some delicious food?" May enquired, eyeing his plate ridiculously.

"It's delicious, that's why." Drew retorted, calmly scooping his kimchi into his mouth.

May let out an aggravated groan, "Why don't we eat in another restaurant, anyway? At this rate, I might get a stomachache and skip the contest!"

"You're just making up a reason to run away because you're scared to face me in the contest," Drew snickered.

"It's nothing like that!" May quickly protested.

"Besides, the coupons we got are for this restaurant, and it's not possible to change it to other restaurant," Drew explained, taking a sip of his green tea, "Unless you're willing to pay."

May scoffed, "I bet their foods taste so bad that they have to give out free coupons to get customers,"

He raised his eyebrow and pondered it for a while, "I don't think so. They don't benefit from that, except if they have lots of meat or vegetable in the freezer to clear away."

May nodded, "That must be the case."

"You're just being biased," Drew sneered.

"I'm not!" May stuck her tongue out childishly.

In the middle of their argument, a waiter approached them with a package, asking May, "Are you May? There is a package for you."

May blinked. "Huh? For me?"

"Yeah, someone left this package at the front counter this morning, saying he's a big fan of May." the waiter said, passing May the box. May received it with much confusion, wondering why her fan could have sent her a gift. It wasn't even her birthday.

"Thank you,"

"It's my pleasure," the waiter said and walked off to mind his supposed work. May stared at the package in her hands. Who sent this? The name is not written on this box.

"Someone's popular." Drew commented when the waiter was out of their sight. May scoffed at him, tearing the package open.

"Someone's jealous," she countered.

"Jealous? Please, I have more fans than you," Drew retorted, flicking his hair, "By the way, it could be a bomb."

May stopped halfway, her eyes wide in horror. "Really?! What should I do, Drew?"

He smirked mockingly, "You haven't even opened it yet, how can you be so sure it's a bomb alright?"

Jeez, this guy!
    She gritted her teeth, continuing to unwrap the package. It revealed a Banette doll with big red eyes. May's navy blue eyes widened in shock, why would her fan give her something like this? And when she took the doll out of the box, it emitted an intimidating laughing voice, causing May to scream and throw it to the floor in reflex. Other patrons in the restaurant stared at her action, some were annoyed, and the others were curious what made the brunette shout in a middle of the restaurant. May promptly mumbled apologies to them for the intrusion, and they resumed their meal without replying anything.

"Your fans sure are creepy," Drew remarked, taking the doll.

"It lives! It laughs suddenly!" May panicked quietly, her face paling.

Drew examined it and found a little switch on its back, "Seems like you accidentally touched this switch," He held out the doll to let her see the switch, but she closed her eyes tight in an instant.

"What are you scared for?" Drew smirked and clicked the switch. Sure enough, the doll stopped cackling. "See? It's gone."

May's body slumped dramatically.

"I think I know who sent this," Drew guessed, shrugging.

"Who?" the word instantly rolled off her lips.

"Harley."

May suddenly became wide-eyed with the realization. Of course! Why haven't I thought of that!
    "I think... you might be right."

But how did he know she was staying there? Was he tailing them? Geez, better get out of this place soon.

"He's still not given up, huh?" Drew muttered slightly exasperated, whilst tossing the doll back into the box. May shivered.

"Let's go," May urged and Drew compelled, leaving the doll as the tip.

I'm not going to let you off easily, freaky pansy. Just watch out.

To both coordinators' horror, just right after they'd gotten out from the restaurant, a group of girls came chasing them, holding various fan boards with Drew's name. May and Drew were practically trapped inside the horde of girls with ear-popping screams.

"Drew, let's have breakfast together!"

"Aww Drew, you're so handsome! Let me touch your face!"

"Drew, I've got to be your biggest fan!"

"I finally get to meet you in person, Drew!"

Oh sh*t... At a moment like this? Now what do I do? I don't have the strength to push everyone out of the way, but if this goes on, I and May will die right here for the lack of oxygen. Why are there so freaking many of them, anyway? Darn...

"Can you sign this for me, Drewy bear?"

"Drew! Have lunch with me!"

"Oh, Drew, I'm Sandra, marry me!"

Hell, why do they even know I'm here? There must be a-

"ENOUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" came a full-charged shout from a person next to Drew, none other than May. Everyone became silent at once, staring at the brown-haired screamer. Drew cringed slightly and rubbed his ears, but was glad nonetheless at her loud rescue.

And then the chatter began again.

"Who is she?"

"Is she May?"

"Is she a coordinator?"

"She is the one who beat Drew back in Kanto Grand Festival!"

"Is she Drew's girlfriend?"

"No way!"

May felt her body temperature rising.

"Be silent, can't you?" Drew, to May's surprise, scolded disapprovingly. It was clear that Drew was annoyed, but the girls wouldn't stop. Drew felt himself lacking breathable air as they rounded them again, this time more tightly.

"I'll answer your questions, okay? But first, give us some space and ask in an orderly manner, and don't bug her," Drew ushered the girls away from him and May. May stared in awe when the girls followed exactly what he'd ordered and backed away to let them breathe properly. May took a deep breath in the first thing.

"Aww, finally Drew is willing to answer us! Let's prepare a press conference!"

Drew almost banged his head to the wall at that.

"This is the first time in history, I'm so happy!"

"Who is she, Drew? Is she your girlfriend?" a blue-haired teenager probed whilst pointing at May, her eyes brimming with tears. Wow, he has some emotional fan girls...

"Is she May?" another blue-haired girl asked, having similar facial features as the earlier one. She must be her sister.

"Yes." Drew replied. Which question was his answer for?

Surely enough, someone asked, "Which question was that answer for?"

May gasped. Someone has just read my mind.

"Up to you." Drew said, causing his fans to jumble into thoughts and fears. He then dragged May along by her shoulders and brushed past those girls.

May gasped again.

What is he doing, in front of all his fans!

"Drew!" a loud feminine voice screamed, her voice shaky, "Tell us who she is!"

Drew slowed his pace, and then stopped completely.

"She is... My maid." Drew replied not looking back.

MAID?

May gasped again, but this time in anger. "What the-"

"You have a maid?" another girl asked.

"I would like to be your maid!"

"Drew has a maid? Wow!"

Drew swirled around to face them, his expression cannot be deciphered. "I don't wish to have another, one is enough trouble for me. And she can't be replaced."

May gasped....yet again.

A blonde, seemingly in her late twenties, protested. "But why would you have a maid who troubles you? Let us take care of your needs!"

Both Drew and May didn't even want to think about what needs that blonde meant.

"I'm not your maid!" May complained to Drew, her eyes narrowing in fury.

Drew smirked at her, and then at his fans, "Alright I will admit, she is my girlfriend."

This time May openly gaped. W-WHAT?

"Girlfriend? She-"

"No more questions," Drew declared, grasping May's elbow and rushed her to the elevator. The girls tried to pursue them, but Drew glared at them and they stayed in place. When the elevator closed safely without any more intrusion, May huffed a loud sigh.

He breathed, "They sure have sources,"

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like this before, there were so many of them."

Drew wiped the sweat in his eyebrows, "I swore I've asked the receptionists to not tell anyone I'm staying here."

"Next time if something like this happens, don't make me as your scapegoat," May protested angrily. "Especially don't just go around and tell everyone I'm your maid."

Drew snickered, "Heh. So you like me to declare you as my girlfriend instead?"

May's cheeks became warm, but she convinced herself it was because of her anger.

"No way!" She yelled, "Just don't make use of me, okay!"

"It was a last-second decision," he replied. May glared into his jade eyes, but he didn't back off.

"Still, no need to announce me as your girlfriend, right?" she scolded. "And maid too! That was rude!"

"I just did it to make them leave us, and it succeeded. You should be grateful." Drew countered calmly.

That's it? To drive your g**d*mn fan girls away? Do you think it's funny? A girlfriend status is not something you should be playing with!

"Why are you getting so worked up about it, after all?" Drew raised an eyebrow at her.

"My father will get so mad if he finds out I'm staying in the same hotel as my boyfriend does!"

"I'll make sure he won't find out," he said calmly, straightening his clothes. How could he be so calm like nothing happened!

"Yeah, you say that because it's not you who will be in trouble, but me!" May shouted in anger.

Drew unfalteringly looked into her eyes and affirmed, "You will not get any trouble, I'll explain to your dad it's only a fake statement to drive those girls away, it's not real."

That only served as an oil into her flaming rage.

"He won't believe it, my mother often talks about me having a boyfriend after all! Do you know what will happen if the news gets into his ears? He will take me back home at all costs! He will forbid me to travel! My dreams will be crushed! My only dream ever since I was still a child, will be burnt into ashes..." May scolded, her voice getting hoarser with every sentence due to the sob that was threatening to come out from her lips. "Of course you are cool about it, you're not the one experiencing it!"

"I will not let your dreams be crushed," Drew voiced, as if to confirm he'd fight her dad. But how? Saying was easy. He didn't know how strict her dad could be, and her dad would not hesitate to take serious measures to protect his children, and more, a daughter. After all, she was just twelve, having a lover in that age was something prohibited in their family. Well, her mother didn’t mind much, but her father was an unyielding man. Even when she had requested to travel, he'd made a big fuss out of it. And she thought this time would not be an exception.

"You've never felt what it's like to get your dreams stepped on, have you? Can you quit becoming such an egotistical, stuck-up, self-important jerk? Even if you wanted to escape from your so-called fan girls you can just use other reasons! Why must you drag me along? And you didn't even ask for the permission to do that! You don't rule the whole world, Drew!"

"I have had my dreams shattered, May, you don't know everything about me, so don't assume. And I had never thought I ruled the world, it's impossible." Drew retorted, his tone louder than usual. But he immediately told himself off in mind and fixed his composure, he can't be angry now. No matter what she might say, he just had to endure it till it ends.

"And I did have my own reason to use your name, I'm sorry for that," he said, but May didn't think the look on his face reflected he was sorry. But by his words, he had just indirectly admitted he didn't consider her thoughts of using her, he was egotistical, and May chose to overlook his apology.

"And what that might be? To save your reputation?" May choked on her first sob.

Arceus, this girl couldn't choose when to be bipolar and when to shut up!

Drew hated to see someone cry. Let alone her, the person he cared. He'd never been good in pleasing a crying person. And honestly he'd rather have her reprimand him or haul over the coals with full anger, than getting hurt or cry. She got hurt alright, now, he'd known, but he understood it was not the right time to comfort her or anything. He just had to let her vent off her anger at him, and then she'd probably calm down by herself, then when she's at her approachable state, he'd talk to her about this peacefully.

But he couldn't.

That was proved when he raised his voice at her, "I don't give a damn about my reputation! I did that to make those people give up, so I can be free alone. Gosh, May, what do you consume everyday so you're this dense? Reputation? They are already throwing themselves at me, what for? In fact, I can't wait for them to leave me."

May's eyes narrowed, "So you're admitting it, you're doing it for yourself! For your information, Drew, the world doesn’t revolve around you, so consider the feelings of other people around you too!"

"And it doesn't revolve around you too, does it?!" he countered, but then realized the graveness of his tone and calmed down a bit, "I have my reasons, but I have the right not to tell you. And that's it."

The elevator opened and Drew swiftly stepped out, but May didn't leave. She stood there staring at him, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why are you still there?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow indifferently.

"You're right, Drew, the world doesn't revolve around me," May whimpered, "And I'm dense... I'm stupid."

Drew halted the elevator door and grunted in vexation, "May, look, I don't know what's wrong with you and I don't wish to continue this argument because we have a contest to attend. Just go to the park and cool down your head for a bit, okay? Don't think too much, just forget everything so you won't get distracted in the contest."

I hope that could do it.

"Drew," May called when he began walking away, and then walked out of the elevator after she'd swiftly erased her tears so everybody else couldn't see she had been crying.

"Don't ever think about travelling alone, May, I won't let you," Drew said before she can say anything, and then pulled out a rose out of nowhere and tossed it at her.

He knew I'm about to say that.

Drew couldn't see her face, but he hoped her face would brighten when she received his rose.

This time will be the first time I'm letting you to not be at my side, better not try to run away from me.

"I'll see you at the contest." He muttered and left her standing there at the enormous lobby of the hotel. May breathed out silently, slowly pacing out to the opposite direction where Drew was walking to.

But she paled and halted on her track when a certain Cacturne-dressed guy ran towards her, his hips swaying like a supermodel on a runway track.

"May honey!" the violet-haired guy cooed, clasping his hands, "So you're also here after all, that's fast! Oh! Is that a rose from your boyfriend?"

Just a mention of the word 'boyfriend' made May flinch a little.

"No, it's not!" May smiled a little too fake. Harley wiggled his eyebrows wittily.

But she thought maybe he was the right person to distract her from all the turmoil in her mind.

"Are you craving for some ice-cream, Harley?"

Chapter 6 should be up shortly...
    Last edited by MapleRoses; 28th June 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: rewriting the chappies :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast