Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 180 HP/72 Spd/48 SAtk/208 SDef
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Lava Plume
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

gogogo
    Last edited by U DIE TONIGHT; 22nd September 2008 at 7:09 AM.
    In the mist Dark Figures move and twist, was all this for Real or just some kind of Hell

Hell and Fire, was spawned to be released

make foretress lead and give it explosion instead of spikes or SR you can't really set up four layers plus give heatran fire blast/flamethrower instead of lava plume among other things im just to lazy to go in depth lol

im not a pro battler or anything but i think your heatran will get killed by earthquake, you're gliscor is gonna get killed ice beam, you're gyrados is gonna get killed by thunder(bolt), and you're forretress is gonna get killed by flamethrower. like i said, i've never actually battled, but it seems like you could get killed easily
    fc--Diamond: 1547 1924 5567
    heartgold: 4383 7729 3223
    Shiny pokemon caught by me:

competitive record:
    2-3

lol at the above person everything gets killed by something its just about covering your weaknesses unless you only want to run a bunch of tombs you'll get hit supereffective

Quote Originally Posted by jaxonferz View Post
    im not a pro battler or anything but i think your heatran will get killed by earthquake, you're gliscor is gonna get killed ice beam, you're gyrados is gonna get killed by thunder(bolt), and you're forretress is gonna get killed by flamethrower. like i said, i've never actually battled, but it seems like you could get killed easily
    Every Pokemon has it weakness the thing is to have moves to take care of said weaknesses or items/berries. He can either worry about this and have his moveset based off of trying to fight off his weaknesses while keeping the advantage or just don't worry about it. I personally do not think the latter is a good idea though.

- 124 HP, 252 Def, 132 S.Def

Tiz better Vaporeon spread

- And for Gyarados, 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd suffices, the HP EVs really don't accomplish much, especially since you want to sweep instead of tank

lold at jaxonferz's post
    Last edited by Blue Ace; 22nd September 2008 at 6:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikelder0511
    Just come back to pokemon BA it needs you
    fuck yea.

Message me all you want my inbox is full.

2 water types? errr... I would drop vaporeon and switch Rotom to Forst forme and give it hp fire instead.

252 HP / 96 Def / 100 SpA / 60 SpD is a better spread for RestTalkHeatran. Allows you to OHKO 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarm as well. Seed EVs aren't needed. Also, use Earth Power over HP grass: it lets you outstall stuff like Blissey if you get a SpD drop, and you can also hit opposing Heatrans.

I am so sigging this.
    If you think Umbreon rocks please PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Love View Post
    So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber

Quote Originally Posted by U DIE TONIGHT View Post
    platinum tema >:O

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 64 HP/224 Spd/220 SAtk
    - Overheat
    - Discharge
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

looks good, im glad people are using rotom after the pitiful amount of usage it got in DP

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 244 HP/216 Def/48 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock

Explosion over gyroball, otherwise fine

Gyarados @ Choice Band
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall

[Pleh thats ok, im not a massive fan of banded gyara, specially with SR running around, i know you've got a rapid spinner but pleh[/B]

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 244 HP/48 Def/216 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Knock Off
    - Ice Fang

i dont know if u should run that Ev spread, seeing as though your rotom will outspeed an KO non-scarf Salamence (not counting batonpass boosts or DD) with HP, id just run the normal defensive varient.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 124 HP/252 Def/132 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Surf
    - Protect
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

looks great

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 180 HP/72 Spd/48 SAtk/208 SDef
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Lava Plume
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Im not a massive fan of defensive Heatran, seeing as EQ is so popular, just use lava plume seeing as the though the burn chance is much more useful than the added power.

gogogo
    Changes in bold (i dont know why i bother saying this when its obvious)
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

Theres this thing, its called switching, notice gliscor and heatran cover each others weaknesses (except water, which is coverred by gyara), think about how the team covers each others weaknesses, theres no point just saying something has a weakness, everything has a weakness, its how the team deals with them that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren Draco View Post
    Explosion over gyroball, otherwise fine
    Exploding your walls is dumb, the reasons people consider it is either because: they don't have good sweepers and because Forretress can't recover, the OP has good sweepers and Vaporeon is providing Wish support

i dont know if u should run that Ev spread, seeing as though your rotom will outspeed an KO non-scarf Salamence (not counting batonpass boosts or DD) with HP, id just run the normal defensive varient.
    The Spd EVs are for outrunning Lucario which is a much more potent threat now because of Ice Punch's addition to its moveset

Im not a massive fan of defensive Heatran, seeing as EQ is so popular, just use lava plume seeing as the though the burn chance is much more useful than the added power.
    As you said: "Theres this thing, its called switching", besides the team needed a status absorber, Heatran has rather good typing and can counter Gengar to some extent.
    fuck yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ace View Post
    Exploding your walls is dumb, the reasons people consider it is either because: they don't have good sweepers and because Forretress can't recover, the OP has good sweepers and Vaporeon is providing Wish support

yh i guess, but gyro ball really doesnt hurt anything, id just use EQ to hurt Firetypes on the switch

The Spd EVs are for outrunning Lucario which is a much more potent threat now because of Ice Punch's addition to its moveset

Damn platinum, i keep forgetting bout IP lucario

As you said: "Theres this thing, its called switching", besides the team needed a status absorber, Heatran has rather good typing and can counter Gengar to some extent.

Yes but on ChoiceTran it doesnt matter as it switches out loads anyways, but when its supposed to be a sort of wall having a 4x weakness to the most common physical move in the game is never handy, the water weakness also makes him less appealing, i know why its being used in this team, and it works well in it, i'm just not a big fan of it myself, i'm sure you've got things that you think are pretty awful, defensive heatran is one of mine.
    Replies in bold (god damn 10 char limit!)

Congratulations. You are now the official new jester of 4th Gen CRMT. Your job will be to amuse us with your 'state-the-obvious' quotes and etc. Now continue kind sir, we don't want you to lose your streak of hilarity now do we?

Mag3 might give this team a few problems, seeing that this team is somewhat BoltBeam weak: but then again it doesn't get a lot of chances to switch in so just keep an eye out for it.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sigged. If I have enough room...

Only thing I can think of is Thunderbolt over Discharge for extra power, but probably most targets for Discharge are KOed in the same amount of turns as Thunderbolt. I dunno...

Is this gonna end up like another "what is this i dont even"?

Anyway, your team is good, but you may lose several pokemon to bolt-beamers like starmie. And with the addition of the elemental punches in platinum, your team could face problems from fighting pokemon like lucario.

Lucario would never carry both Punches. It has enough moveslot crisis as it is. None carry ThunderPunch, and only a few carry Ice Punch over Crunch.

And the 'what is this i dont even' SPPF meme died as soon as it came up. And the Jaxonfers thing is too long to be memed. Most memes are short, like 'FALCON PAUNCH!' and 'THIS IS SPARTA!' And yes, I know Sparta is dead now.

Yes, this team is fairly BoltBeam Starmie weak, but you don't get many SweepMies now.

I think the 'You Cannot Grasp The True From of Giygas' Attack' meme needs to be reborn IMO. And it could be changed from Giygas' Attack to something else like 'Choice Band Tyranitar's Attack'. If the team is CBTar weak that it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTyphlosion157 View Post
    Lucario would never carry both Punches.
    Interesting. Maybe you should tell that to that other thread:

-Adamant
    252Atk/252Speed/6Hp
    -CloseCombat
    -IcePunch
    -ThunderPunch/ExtremeSpeed
    -Crunch
    There are other fighting pokemon that do carry some elemental punches.

what i wanted that as sig to i guss we''ll just have to share

[QUOTE=BloodthirstPriest;8681066]Interesting. Maybe you should tell that to that other thread:

Thats my thread , you could have commented it...
    anyways, i dont see why it wouldnt carry both elemental punches, seeing as though without thunderpunch gyara walls it, i just think Thunderpunch is viable on a scarf set, but extremespeed/bulletpunch is obvs better on a SD or Band set.

ok good i was hoping you didn't mean to actually drop both lol

first-- YES! i made it into someones sig cuz im an idiot! my dream has come true.
    second- i was just saying that you might not want to choose pokemon with 4X weakness
    fc--Diamond: 1547 1924 5567
    heartgold: 4383 7729 3223
    Shiny pokemon caught by me:

competitive record:
    2-3

first-- YES! i made it into someones sig cuz im an idiot! my dream has come true.
    Why hi there
    fuck yea.

now he's made it into a sig twice someone should start a thread of priceless quotes by jazonferz lolz and dude if its a sweeper or you can switch to cover then four times weakness is ok

second- i was just saying that you might not want to choose pokemon with 4X weakness
    Why am I getting the feeling that this person might be a troll?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sigged.

Some of the game's best Pokemon have a 4x weakness to one type. Heracross, Heatran, Salamence, Gyarados...and 4x weak to one type doesn't stop them being awesome does it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast