Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Platinum Shiny Discussion; read the first post.

I have a shiny 07 jap event mew loaded with ribons of the GTS aswell.
    Hurray
    The age of Arcues is near.
    Very near.

All shinies are up for trade

For every one who has Platinum go here
    http://www.filb.de/games/nds/pt/box?l=en
    to unlock new box wallpaper.

reread sig rules please.

i jusr recentaly found a shiny gligar in the platinum battle place where u get a new battle condition each round...was odd cus i diden't think thay'd do that.. put shinys in the battle fronteer

Friend code Y - 2535 - 3801 - 3555 -
    Friend code X - 4613 - 6908 - 5944 -

In the 400 odd hours i've spent on pokémon games... Never encountered one shiny pokémon =[ Woe is me.

EDIT: I've read the F.A.Q so sorry if I frustrate someone, but could I please be enlightened about "chaining?"
    Last edited by NickoTheGuitarist; 23rd May 2009 at 3:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _7even View Post
    oh now that makes sense. okay thanks, that's annoying though.

wonder why it was shown as shiny when the egg cracked. anyway....
    Yeah, as has already been said the shininess depends on both the Pokémon's personality value (hidden) and its trainer ID and secret ID. Since an egg gains the hatcher's ID, it wouldn't have been shiny when you traded it to another game.

However, the trainer ID of the egg is only set after it hatches, so as it's hatching, the game still thinks that it's shiny. However, checking its stats after will show that it's not.

As long as you didn't save after hatching it, you can trade it back to Pearl to have it hatch shiny again.

I'm SRing for a second shiny Giratina... since my first was on my now sold copy of the game, and I need a shiny on this local copy so I can calculate my secret ID to use the pseudo-RNG to find more shinies with good timing. I'n at 700 SRs so far, the first Giratina took 1836 (it's on video).

My 1 in 8192 chance shinies: x2!, , , ... and ... lol >_>

My Poke Radar shinies: Metagross, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Nincada, Bagon, Bronzong, Umbreon.

"Well, well. Duckstealer McStealsducks. Been stealing ducks, have we?"
    "No." *Hides*
    "Curses! I was so sure..."

[QUOTE=NickoTheGuitarist;9756769]In the 400 odd hours i've spent on pokémon games... Never encountered one shiny pokémon =[ Woe is me.

Don't feel bad; my first random shiny didn't occur until my game time on Pearl was well over 800 hours. And on Platinum I got lucky as if to make up for it. The law of averages should play out that way...

My 1 in 8192 chance shinies: x2!, , , ... and ... lol >_>

My Poke Radar shinies: Metagross, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Nincada, Bagon, Bronzong, Umbreon.

"Well, well. Duckstealer McStealsducks. Been stealing ducks, have we?"
    "No." *Hides*
    "Curses! I was so sure..."

I managed to capture a shiny Starly when I was trying to chain a Nidoran last week, and I also hatched a shiny Gible a few hours later. I'm currently investigating to see if hell has frozen over, but I'm too cheap to fly over to Portland. Hopefully, this lucky streak will continue.
    Oh dear. It looks like shame.

Recently hatched a shiny Nincada after hatching 26+ eggs looking for either a Jolly or Adamant nature. I was pretty surprised considering the rarity of hatching a shiny pokemon especially since i just breed a Ninjask and Ditto. Thanks to a good friend who also helped me with my team, he gave me a shiny Trapinch.
    Name: TEIKOKU
    Platinum FC: 2407-6927-3756

Awhile back, i was doing chains upon chains of Shellos, and i found a shiny patch.

I was so freaking excited, i accedentally turned off the game.

Silly me, Trix are for kids!

I got Platinum on Thursday, and I've been soft resetting for a shiny Piplup since then. Hopefully it shines soon because I kinda want to get on with the game. I can be patient, however, because I did the exact same thing with my shiny Chimchar on my Diamond version two years ago.

After I get shiny Piplup, I plan on soft resetting for shiny Giratina-O. Then Palkia afterwards.

Good luck, everyone.

man getting shiny pokemon is hard as hell
    Killer Hunter Coyote

Tonight I got a shiny Flaaffy and 3 Magmar.
    They're my first radar pokemon since starting Platinum so I'm very happy with them.
    Hopefully if I have enough patience I'll try going after Swinub next.
    (Diamond) FC: Trent - 2320 2729 8026
    (Pearl) FC: Trent - 3308 2241 1055

hahaha you guys are lucky i have hatched 120 ralts eggs( gallade from pearl, gardivior from different file on pearl(sold it to my friend)) but i have had no luck and need to get on to training some new stuff i have spent 4 days on eggs
    platinum friend code: 5327-7334-5546
    name: rand
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/51r1nk.gif[/IMG] TRDP=160
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/308w9yf.jpg[/IMG] Points=100
    credit to umbreon13x to both of these^^^^^
    my shinies(i finally got some)dragonite, espeon, larvitar, tentacool, treeko, and chansey.
    proud owner of 2 Hadou(Wave) Mews, a MYSTRY mew, a WISHMKR jirachi, a Shaymin, a Manaphy, a Shokotun Pichu, a 10ANNIV lugia, and a TRU shaymin. all legit.

hahaha you guys are lucky i have hatched 120 ralts eggs( gallade from pearl, gardivior from different file on pearl(sold it to my friend)) but i have had no luck and need to get on to training some new stuff i have spent 4 days on eggs
    my shinies(i finally got some)dragonite, espeon, larvitar, tentacool, treeko, and chansey.
    proud owner of 2 Hadou(Wave) Mews, a MYSTRY mew, a WISHMKR jirachi, a Shaymin, a Manaphy, a Shokotun Pichu, a 10ANNIV lugia, and a TRU shaymin. all legit.

man, i wonder if yal be using action-replay jus 2 get these RARE pokemon
    Killer Hunter Coyote

Shiny adamant Giratina after hours of soft resetting, Shiny Cresselia, and a shiny bidoof

The Soul of Pokémon is made of Silver

so i found out that 85 of the hatched not shiny ralts were with a gardivior from platinum and a gallade from pearl, then i got a gardivior from a different pearl and i have 75 of those hatched ralts, il getting more eggs(55 to be exact) which will put me at 210 ralts, thats 7 boxes has any one else had such problems with the egg method or is it i just have horrific luck?

so i found out that 85 of the hatched not shiny ralts were with a gardivior from platinum and a gallade from pearl, then i got a gardivior from a different pearl and i have 75 of those hatched ralts, il getting more eggs(55 to be exact) which will put me at 210 ralts, thats 7 boxes has any one else had such problems with the egg method or is it i just have horrific luck?

A: Throw some Ralts away.

B: The odds are still high, and the Masuda method works with foreign Pokemon, not with Pokemon of a different Trainer ID.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

I've recently gotten a shiny Turtwig in Platinum by SRing. I've been trying on and off since I got the game back in March, so I'm happy that it appeared.

Shiny Turwig
    Quiet nature, Loves to Eat
    Turtwig's Stats

I have also successfully hatched a shiny Onix in my other copy of Platinum using the Masuda Method. It took me 1503 eggs for it to finally hatched, it has a Modest nature.

Shiny Onix, Modest nature

Currently hatching for shiny Cyndaquil(Masuda Method), as well as SRing for a shiny Giratina in my Japanese Platinum.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is chaining easier on Platinum

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Yesterday I got my very first legit shiny. With no luck finding dialga and palkia up on spear pillar for some reason I decided to have a random battle with my lvl 9 zubat and it turned out that it was a shiny graveler. I switched to my milotic and it used earthquake, then used a dusk ball (I had alot for the legendaries) and caught it. It's lonely nature (+atk -def)
    and i'll evolve it soon

My pokemon team v

I've had some nice luck lately.
    A couple weeks back, I had a Cubone swarm in Platinum. Tried to chain it, failed around 32. Tried again. After the first one, I ran to the next patch. I'd swear the patch didn't sparkle, but it was a shiny Cubone, Jolly nature.
    Yesterday night, I caught 12 shiny Torkoal from chaining.
    This morning, I was chaining Tyrogue on the bus. My chain was around 9 or so, and it broke, to a shiny Meditite.
    And then, for some reason, I decided I wanted a shiny Flygon, so I pulled out my Diamond version. When I first set off the radar in the sandstorm on its route, I realized it wasn't going to be easy to see (I hadn't realized what a difference Platinum had made to the PokeRadar), but I tried anyway. In my third attempt, at a chain of 7 Vibrava, I got a sparkly patch. I about cheered.

^My first two scratches ever.

PT FC
    Keimen: 5113 2069 2259
    FC HAS CHANGED, now matches my DSi.

Finally after 2 months trying to get a shiny giratina, i caught it at turnback cave!!! (2646 times of SR) I'm sooooooooooo happy!!!!!

Nature: Gentle

Stats: HP:208 / Atk:113 / Def:115 / Sp Atk: 100 / Sp Def: 137 / Speed:91

Now, SR for Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit and later for Rotom.

My Shinies:
    My Event Pokemon: 10ANIV Ho-Oh, DOEL & SPACE C Deoxys, Saikyou & PBR Electivire, PBR Magmortar, 10th Movie Darkrai, 10ANNIV Suicune, MYSTRY, Hadou & Aura Mew, Ageto & 10 ANIV Celebi, WISHMKR & CHANNEL Jirachi, TRU & Palcity Manaphy

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast