Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1073

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

    New thread. Exciting.
    Anyway, Chaining is exactly the same in D/P.

    Rules
    • Discuss chaining only.
    • Don't offer/request to trade!
    • Don't ask foolish questions, such as "How do I chain pokemon?!" Read the F.A.Q.
    • At least three Sentences per post, please.
    • If you don't have the game yet, please don't post about what you will do... >>
    • Do not post posts merely about "Congratulations" or whatever. It is a shallow post and will be threatened as SPAM!
    • If you don't wish to comply with the rules, you will be infracted.


    Things to Consider While Chaining: (by shadow3944)

    1. The animation for the pokeradar grass patches appear above the fog. (Very useful for people chaining Bagon)
    2. For Chaining in the sandstorm, be in a very dark place, have your DS (Preferably a DS Lite) on highest light setting, and have it be around 11 Am. It should be very bright and easier to see the grass patches. You can also tilt the screen a little to semi-invert the colors and see better.
    3. Every chain breaks for some reason. (Yes, they all do. It's in the coding.)
    4. Magnet Pull attracts Steel type pokemon.
    5. Static attracts Electric type pokemon.
    6. Synchronize attracts pokemon with the same nature as the pokemon with Synchronize.
        Spoiler:- ninjascyther's Tips:


        Spoiler:- 13mjvr's guide:


        Spoiler:- Shuko's Guide:


    And Merbear's guide as well.
        Spoiler:- Merbear's Guide:


    Follow the rules, discuss and good luck on your chains!

    watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England, UK.
    Posts
    245

    Default

    From what I read in the Diamond and Pearl Threads on Chaining. There was things in the code that created the way to chain. Is it possible that it may be different in the new game?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Watery places...^^
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Thank you for making the thread, been waiting for awhile :]

    I decided to just chain the Platinum-chainable ones in Plat. First pokemon I went for was Rhyhorn, caught 6. One was both Adamant and had 29 IV in Attack with the rest in the 20s so that is going to be my Ramperior. Yesterday I went for Swinub, caught 2 since I accidentally mistepped. It was a ridiculous 100 max repels between the 1st and 2nd -_- Im going to resume to this later. This weekend I'll start on Croakgunk.
    Diamond FC: 2492 0593 1231


    - Random Encounter Shinies -

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEew View Post
    From what I read in the Diamond and Pearl Threads on Chaining. There was things in the code that created the way to chain. Is it possible that it may be different in the new game?
    I'm pretty sure the Chaining aspects are the same in this game...
    I think.

    Although we'll probably have to wait a while (possible even a few months after it comes out in English) to confirm this though.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Only the patches changed..(exept the Shiny Patch)
    Name in-game: HellTaz
    FC: 4726-0541-3397

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellTaz View Post
    Only the patches changed..(exept the Shiny Patch)
    The patches look different?
    For some reason in my mind I doubt that...

    Although if your right... What do they look like now?



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Watery places...^^
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    The patches look different?
    For some reason in my mind I doubt that...

    Although if your right... What do they look like now?
    They did indeed changed a bit.

    The normal patches are now a lot more noticeable, when they shake the patch become "larger(?)" and have a dark outline. I think the same goes for sparkling ones but since the sparkle does cover parts of the grass the outline isn't as strong. This is great as chaining in rain/snow/(possibly sandstorm too?) is made a bit easier so you wont misstep as much :] Shiny patch is the same as D/P.
    Diamond FC: 2492 0593 1231


    - Random Encounter Shinies -

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlunar View Post
    They did indeed changed a bit.

    The normal patches are now a lot more noticeable, when they shake the patch become "larger(?)" and have a dark outline. I think the same goes for sparkling ones but since the sparkle does cover parts of the grass the outline isn't as strong. This is great as chaining in rain/snow/(possibly sandstorm too?) is made a bit easier so you wont misstep as much :] Shiny patch is the same as D/P.
    Ah, interesting... I hope someone can get some screenshots up. Would be cool to see...

    Besides that there are no other changes, correct?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In your eye. :D
    Posts
    14

    Default

    First page, go me!

    Okay, so I just caught my very 1st shiny Pokemon in Platinum. I spent the last 2 hours chaining Snorunt at Lake Acuity. :3 I got up to 40 and I stepped into a patch I thought was a shiny patch. No shiny but chain kept. I reset the radar for about 20 minutes and a male shiny snorunt appeared. I used false swipe and caught it with 1 luxury ball. I spent the next 23 minutes reseting the radar. A shiny patch appeared and a shiny female Snorunt appeared. I false swiped it and I caught it in 1 Dive ball. My favorite ball! Natures in Japanese so don't ask. x3

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garcon View Post
    Natures in Japanese so don't ask. x3
    You can translate the natures here if you want. It displays the name in both English and Japanese. Just match it up to find out it's nature...



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlunar View Post
    Thank you for making the thread, been waiting for awhile :]

    I decided to just chain the Platinum-chainable ones in Plat. First pokemon I went for was Rhyhorn, caught 6. One was both Adamant and had 29 IV in Attack with the rest in the 20s so that is going to be my Ramperior. Yesterday I went for Swinub, caught 2 since I accidentally mistepped. It was a ridiculous 100 max repels between the 1st and 2nd -_- Im going to resume to this later. This weekend I'll start on Croakgunk.
    We can chain Swinub properly now? My, isn't that something.

    Can someone give a complete list of new pokemons we can actually chain in Platinum? I've read a few.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Watery places...^^
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Caught two Chinglings so far, I can finally have a shiny Chimecho
    Diamond FC: 2492 0593 1231


    - Random Encounter Shinies -

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    We can chain Swinub properly now? My, isn't that something.

    Can someone give a complete list of new pokemons we can actually chain in Platinum? I've read a few.
    You can chain any Pokemon found in tall grass...



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Săo Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    You can chain any Pokemon found in tall grass...
    He meant that there's no blizzard where you chain Swinub in Platinum (there was in D/P). With the blizzard it's almost impossible to chain Swinub, that's why he said properly.
    no sig for a while

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Weavile View Post
    He meant that there's no blizzard where you chain Swinub in Platinum (there was in D/P). With the blizzard it's almost impossible to chain Swinub, that's why he said properly.
    Oh, in D/P the patches look a bit different. They are now a lot more visible in sandstorms/blizzards/etc.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sure, Why Not...
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    I saw someone chaning Electabuzz and Magmar online. Do you still need to insert FireRed/LeafGreen to chain them, or not? (I really really hope not!)

    ~*~Made by Me~*~

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    I saw someone chaning Electabuzz and Magmar online. Do you still need to insert FireRed/LeafGreen to chain them, or not? (I really really hope not!)
    Yes you do because that is the only way to actually "find" those Pokemon. :/ It would be just like chaining any other Pokemon though, you just need those games inserted, so don't get too down. ;)
    Had to remove image because of SPPf sig rules. :c </3
    *Nom Nom Nom*

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    na cant u find them in the wild?
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Camp Stargazer
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Milotic View Post
    Yes you do because that is the only way to actually "find" those Pokemon. :/ It would be just like chaining any other Pokemon though, you just need those games inserted, so don't get too down.
    magmar is in the fuego ironworks area
    electabuzz is on route 222

    neither require you to own FR or LG, and they are available for capture before you get the national dex

    they also have a 5% chance of holding their evolution items, as i have found out myself

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    yeah that is what i thought
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Watery places...^^
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    I was exploring some new areas to see what else is chainable in Plat and found out that a few pokemon on the island have moved location (easier/harder to chain).

    Im going back to poochyena soon..forgot they had roar and lost a shiny ._.
    Diamond FC: 2492 0593 1231


    - Random Encounter Shinies -

  22. #22

    Default

    My second Platinum Shiny is in hand, a Shiny Swinub appeared before me, two days ago on a chain of 3. The earliest Radar Shiny before that was on 5, so I set myself a new record xP
    Besides catching me off-guard, I barely realized that it was a Shiny patch I was looking at.. It looked very faint in the snow. After finding this girl, I ended my chain, so I only got one Shiny.

    I decided that the whole "resetting continuously at 40" thing wasn't really that much fun anymore, so now I want my chained Shinies to appear wholly by luck, and find them without taking advantage of the Radar resetting. Naturally, it was quite a pleasant surprise to find a Shiny without resorting to that ~

    [video]Shiny Swinub encounter
    [image]Summary page, Hasty natured

    Not the greatest nature for a Mamoswine, and has terrible IVs in all stats bar HP and Atk, so she's not going to be trained anytime soon..
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks for making this thread! Once I get the game and the radar I'll be sure to check this out!

    "As bitter as the truth may be, it must be taken."

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    United States, Washington
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Where is Croagunk chained? I thought it was only in the marsh.
    3DS FC = 0216-1223-1081
    friend safari (dark) = Inkay, Cacturne, Vullaby
    White FC=4298 2302 9295
    Heart Gold FC=1720 6203 4547
    Platinum FC=0388-4663-6425
    Pearl FC=3137-5419-0198
    PBR FC=4725-5099-1678

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Săo Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23caterpie View Post
    Where is Croagunk chained? I thought it was only in the marsh.
    In D/P it was found only in the Great Marsh, but Platinum it can be found also on Route 212 - South as a wild Pokémon, so you can chain it too.
    no sig for a while

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •