Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by Mapl3Syrup View Post
    Haha nice job

Where were you chaining?
    Just Trophy Garden~

twin: Shiny Bashamo | banner: Skiyomi | profile picture: Northern Lights

Say, did chaining emerge in the third generation? In emerald when I chain...say 112 magikarps with an old rod I suddenly catch a shining one!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMageRA View Post
    Say, did chaining emerge in the third generation? In emerald when I chain...say 112 magikarps with an old rod I suddenly catch a shining one!
    Using a fishing rod isn't chaining. Chaining can only be done with the Poké Radar, which can only be obtained in 4th gen.

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Just Trophy Garden~
    Man your lucky, I can never seem to chain in that patch in the back of that.
    Waht you going to evolve it into or going to keep it as an eevee ?

I migh thave a go at it xD
    LF :
    Bold Suicune
    IV Breeder
    Modest Arceus (Just to check if mines cloned I don't want to trade for it)
    Plat FC : 4425 8642 1109

o my god caught my first ever shiny 10 minutes ago :|
    I was chaining floatzel and to my great surprise at the third try I saw a glittering tile. So I thought it must be the pokeradar pokemon I haven't caught yet so I stand on it and It was a Yellow floatzel :|

i was so freaking happy after 3 days of chaning and sucking at it

I've been chaining for only 3 days and I've gotten shinies through chaining of these pokes:
    Electabuzz, Electavire, Magmar, Magmortar, Togepi (37 of them lol), Togetic, Togekiss
    Skitty, Voltorb, Electrode, Magneton, Magnezone, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu.

Many thanks to this thread!

I'm just wondering, how long does it usually take to even start a chain at the Poke Mantion? because I have yet to see one daily pokemon after like 3 hours of searching... maybe I'm just unlucky. I just want an evee (or maybe 30)

It's been quite a while that I've chained and successfully gotten a radar shiny since April.
    In 4th of July, finally.. a Pinsir was swarming in my Platinum!
    Had to use this chance to get myself a shiny one. After 3 attempts.. I managed to reach to 40 and gotten 6 shiny Pinsirs. Chain broke at 68, but very happy.

Here's the summary and IVs(for Adamant nature ones)
    #1 Male, Relaxed nature, Sturdy Body
    #2 Female, Adamant nature, Often lost in thought 6-7/7-8/19-20/22-23/15-16/3-4
    #3 Female, Quiet nature, Somewhat stubborn
    #4 Male, Serious nature, Capable of taking hits
    #5 Male, Adamant nature, Loves to eat 29-30/7-8/23-24/15-17/27-28/10-11
    #6 Male, Adamant nature, Capable of taking hits 20-22/13-14/21-22/5-8/13-14/5-7

Terrible attack IVs.. >_> oh well..

Congrats to all radar shinies and good luck everyone!
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

Wow, ALL of you are lucky for even SEEING a shiny lol. 5 DAYS of chaining and my longest is 22 lol. I want my first shiny to be a Poochyena, so wish me luck!
    ~UNDER~***~CONSTRUCTION~

xMehx... I would practice on swarming pokemon till you do well

My first pokeradar shiny was skitty... and I got it first try following the rules the 2nd and 4th "spoiler" said in the first post.

Just remember:
    - Make sure the patch you walk into is the same one you walked into to start the chain
    - Always pick the patch in the 4th quadrant for the best chance
    - (My superstition) I think the bright sparkle short-lasting patch has the best chance to continue your chain. Not only that but its easier to see, so if you don't think it has a different chance I'd still pick it for its visibility
    - Those patterns the 2nd spoiler showed seem to hold some truth to it... I chained 3 pokemon so far first try using those rules. The times I failed were usually because of a slip of hand, not remembering, not paying attention, or just running into a fourth quadrant patch without paying attention to the other patches.

Those 4 things seemed to help me

for some reason i thought channing was the saame as d/p as in platinum too lol
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/xfc1du.jpg[/IMG]

also shiny pinsir is horrible no life for me to catdch that lol. [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/xfc1du.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tad View Post
    Man your lucky, I can never seem to chain in that patch in the back of that.
    Waht you going to evolve it into or going to keep it as an eevee ?

I migh thave a go at it xD
    It took me four tries though. My first three chains broke at 6, 16, and 16.. (or something like that.) My chain went to 51, but I only saw one shiny too :/ hehe I haven't decided if I want to evolve it or not, but if I do, I'll evolve it to a Glaceon. Good luck~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexsonn View Post
    I'm just wondering, how long does it usually take to even start a chain at the Poke Mantion? because I have yet to see one daily pokemon after like 3 hours of searching... maybe I'm just unlucky. I just want an evee (or maybe 30)
    It takes a while--even longer with the PokeRadar. I remember thinking that initially finding the Eevee was harder than actually chaining it. >< I was going to chain for a Cleffa too, but I gave up after I couldn't find it after a half hour. Then I ran around with Repel in effect and found one. x_x

twin: Shiny Bashamo | banner: Skiyomi | profile picture: Northern Lights

I decided to try chaining again in the garden, even though the eevee day passed, and I finally found an igglybuff... I messed up the chain by hitting up while running back and forth though T_T

I wish they made them 10&#37; instead of 5%... It would be a better chance of finding it, and it would make more sense because Mr. Backlot is rich anyways and he wants to make sure you can find the pokemon he lied about

EDIT: wow right after this post I found one lol... joy!
    EDIT #2: Caught myself a shiny at 28 I'm going for 3 so I can get shiny Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff also.
    Last edited by Lexsonn; 7th July 2009 at 10:02 PM.
    My pokeradar shinies:
    Voltorb, Electrode, Magneton(x2), Magnezone, Electabuzz(x3), Electivire, Magmar(x2), Magmortar, Stantler, Pichu(x2), Pikachu(x2), Raichu, Togepi(x35...lol), Togetic, Togekiss, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Igglybuff, Doduo, Dodrio, Beldum, Metang, Metagross
    Random Shinies:
    Milotic, Houndoom, Charizard, Wingull, Pelipper, Golbat(x2), Crobat, Machop, Buizel, Wismur
    Bred Shinies / Soft Resets:
    Riolu (3rd egg, first time using Matsuda Method), Tododile, Rayquaza

Where would be the best place to chain? "Cause ive been trying to chain for a long time but I suck. Ive only gotten to 13 chains with pichu. Any help would be appreciated.

This is weird. I could have sworn I got three shiny Snover, but I only found 2 in my PC when I returned to the Pokemon center. They're both good natures anyway, so I guess it's not so bad if I did something like absent-mindedly fainted one of them.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by WynautQueen View Post
    This is weird. I could have sworn I got three shiny Snover, but I only found 2 in my PC when I returned to the Pokemon center. They're both good natures anyway, so I guess it's not so bad if I did something like absent-mindedly fainted one of them.
    Is the other one in your party? lol
    Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code: 1977-0735-3604
    Friend Safari: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Golurk
    Feel free to add me! Send me a pm if you do please!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioMan101 View Post
    Is the other one in your party? lol
    No. XD

Anyway, I caught two shiny Sneasel today in the same spot. Not good natures, but I'll probably train one anyway.

Default easiest

ok, is it easier to catch them while chaining to find shining pokemon or is it easier to kill them?

Got me a shiny Ponyta! Only one before the chain broke, and it's a hardy nature, but that's all right. I'll probably get more eventually.

Shinymaster: It makes no difference if you FAINT them or catch them, but usually fainting them with one strong move goes faster than weakening and catching them.

I just got my pokeradar, along with my Espeon (yayz) and National Dex! Thanks for the tutorial on how to use it!

Banner by lyins
    Name:Frizo
    FC: 2535-9868-1134

Today, I got a shiny larvitar with only a chain of 4. I was freaking out! 0.0

Chaining is like, half of what I do in Pokemon. XD I don't have many shinies yet, though... the earliest on a chain that I've caught a shiny was a Magmar at a chain of only 2. My Poke Radar shinies are Gardevoir (male), Delcatty (female), Magmar (male), Medicham (female...), Electrike (female, though I wanted a male).
    No longer active. Sincere apologies.

wow been so long since i've visited this thread...good to see everyone still chaining, the last time i chained was like...a year or so ago lol...

just wanted to ask, overall, is it harder or easier to chain in platinum compared to D/P? might look into expanding my current shiny count of 351 =/ if its worth the time investment
    Last edited by freedom-123; 20th July 2009 at 6:59 AM.

original design by :SkittyonWailord..the awesome mod^^

My chain (can't remember poke) got to my personal record, 37 before breaking...

Just have to write this to vent, today i reach my first ever 40 chain (of seedot) and when walking to the place where i intended to start searching for the shiny, dont you think i walk into one of the unsafe patches? GAAAAAAAAAAAAH a stupid starly ruined my chain and now im ******.

I have a little question, if you follow the rules for chaining (allways go for the poke in the fourth square and so on, using this guide:http://www.psypokes.com/lab/shiny.php) am i allways garanteed to not break the chain, or is there no such thing as a 100&#37; safe grass?
    Last edited by Halle; 20th July 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast