Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

i have tried to chain many times and found nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    Just have to write this to vent, today i reach my first ever 40 chain (of seedot) and when walking to the place where i intended to start searching for the shiny, dont you think i walk into one of the unsafe patches? GAAAAAAAAAAAAH a stupid starly ruined my chain and now im ******.

I have a little question, if you follow the rules for chaining (allways go for the poke in the fourth square and so on, using this guide:http://www.psypokes.com/lab/shiny.php) am i allways garanteed to not break the chain, or is there no such thing as a 100% safe grass?
    its a very high chance u will continue your chain, but you are never guaranteed a 100% patch, or at leasts tahts how it went during the days i chained

original design by :SkittyonWailord..the awesome mod^^

allright >.< well since i spent all last day trying to get a shiny, why not today aswell! back to the searching i go.

And one more thing, since i don't realy wanna spend millions of pokedollars on repels, is there any negative sideeffect of resetting (SR?) when a chain breaks and you have to start over apart from that the pokeapp doesn't get updated with the largest chain?

when you soft reset, your chain breaks, but there is no side effects i do it all then time, but just to save you money, what you can do is get a meowth and keep using payday to kill pokemon, also super repels ahve the best price to steps ratio, also, you can get a bunch of linoones (5), train them till they "pick up" nuggets at a very high rate, check serebii to know which level and fill your aprty with them and sell the nuggets later. other than these, you can also battle the socialite and gentleman right outside of the mansion who gives the most pokedollars for winning while only holding 1, i repeat ONE pokemon each.

and just on a side note, soemthing taht i always did if you dont do it atm was, make sure u are 5 steps away from the side of the patch while running this way you will not. you will ABOSOLUTELY NOT miss even 1 step of your super/max repel. the basice idea is once patches shake run across and back for 10 steps, repeat 5 times and click reset the radar, if a aptch shakes to your right or left, in case of mis steps, move up or down 1 patch run to the edge, run back FOUR patches run back to edge and back to the patch above ur original standing point, then do 5 across and back again 4 times, at this point uyour step count will be at 49, making ur last step (stepping back to original position) make up your 50th. this way you will not miss a step and get the most out of each repel, and also neutralise the myth that "if patch shakes and then you use repel do not enter the patch until u reset again", because you will be notified your repel ran out before you reset sicne its always in 50 50 chunks.

i hope i was helpful and clear enough for you to understand, i have a tendency to be unclear when i write lots

yea i got it the pickup idea sounds good, maby i'll try that.

right now i'm fed up with shinies, or more specificly pokeradar, since i allways seem to screw it up, and when i dont, the game screws me over anyways :P well i guess thats why shinies are shinies though.might keep trying later today when my need for a shiny seedot begins again

@Freedom-123~ Thanks for all the info. It helps befor i had my bag with 782 Max repels.

Qwilraza made by me.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shiny Pokemon Currently Hunted-
    1400 eggs
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    25 encounters

- - - - - - - - - - -
    IGN: Austin
    FC: 5284 9401 4294

Got my Shinx chain up to 40 and started resetting. While running to reset my hand slipped and a walked into a patch, I was about to throw my DS in disgust when I heard the Shinx cry so my chain had be saved! I then continued to reset for about 10 mins and did the same thing walking up to a patch behind me and ... Starly...

I can't believe it this is the second time i've reached 40 with a Shinx chain and failed to get a single shiny. The first time I ran out of max repels (Had 34 left when I got to start resetting).

Platinum Friend Code - UK - Trainer ID: 18892
    1247 5868 2913

Soul Silver Friend Code - UK - Trainer ID: 32255
    5414 2320 3532

Soul Silver Team
    Flaaffy Lv 17
    Quilava Lv 15

Got a lucky Shiny Houndour on 4th chain!

Houndour, Sassy, Lv.23 -
    HP: 57 (16/0)
    Atk: 35 (12/0)
    Def: 23 (20/0)
    Sp.Atk: 47 (24/0)
    Sp.Def: 36 (24/0)
    Spd: 32 (7/0)
    Hidden Power: 35, FLYING

I'm not even sure if his stats are good or not xD
    Does anyone know?

@ Dark-leon~ If you make him a Sp Sweeper he should be fine.

Qwilraza made by me.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Shiny Pokemon Currently Hunted-
    1400 eggs
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    SRed none D:
    25 encounters

- - - - - - - - - - -
    IGN: Austin
    FC: 5284 9401 4294

why is it that when im chaining that different pokemon appear and break the chain

@shinyman2
    you are probobly doing it wrong :P most chains that i have broken has been becose i messed up in one way or another, though i think someone said that there is allways a risk of a chain breaking...

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    @shinyman2
    you are probobly doing it wrong :P most chains that i have broken has been becose i messed up in one way or another, though i think someone said that there is allways a risk of a chain breaking...
    there isnt a 100% success patch, the furthest away just has the highest chance of continuing your chain.

I did not know if this is the right place to ask, but I read this somewhere.

Finding Shiny Pokemon:
    If you put both an international pokemon and one of your own in the daycare, your chances of finding a shiny are lowered from 1/8932 to 1/2000. This may sound high but you'll definitely notice a difference.
    Is this true?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    I did not know if this is the right place to ask, but I read this somewhere.

Is this true?
    this is true, it is called the masuda method, and it is also true it does not belong here.

I was chaining for a Sneasel, and when I got to the shiny patch, I realized I brought the wrong Abra... to make things worse it was Relaxed. >_>
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Tails07
    Got my Shinx chain up to 40 and started resetting. While running to reset my hand slipped and a walked into a patch, I was about to throw my DS in disgust when I heard the Shinx cry so my chain had be saved! I then continued to reset for about 10 mins and did the same thing walking up to a patch behind me and ... Starly...

I can't believe it this is the second time i've reached 40 with a Shinx chain and failed to get a single shiny. The first time I ran out of max repels (Had 34 left when I got to start resetting).
    Thank goodness i'm not the only one with a silly thumb!! i did the same with pinsir this morining now i can't seem to get past a chain of 17 <_< an ariados done it.

I find it a bit annoying how you can see your chain dissapear when you use the poketch application that lets you count. when your chain is broken it dissapears just before the battle starts.

It's literally watching your chain dissapear, taken from you, STOLEN! ;-;
    Last edited by Pucca_ness; 23rd July 2009 at 8:37 PM.

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

I think i've noticed the chain disapear aswell, there has been a few times, just before the fight where i thought to myself "why isn't the chain number showing"

Random shiny Chatot today! It's quirky, but ah well.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

after my inability to find any wurmple and weedle last ngiht, i resorted to chaining vulpix but after 2 chains broke on 16 and 4, i decided to just wait for the morning to come. i visited eterna forest again and started a wurmple chain and got it to 40 on my first shot, 1 shiny so far, i need to catch enough to get all its evolutions, so this could be a LOOOONG chain.

it also joins the league of few pokemon that i was able to get to 40 on my first try, including, flaafy, slakoth, bagon, sentret, roselia and mankey.

very glad it wasnt one of those that broke on 39...including, larvitar (3 times), eevee (twice), phanpy (twice), pidgey, and pachirisu

Today was a good day. I caught about 5 Shiny Sneasels and 3 Shiny Beldums. My Jolly Abra syncher was pretty horrible though, only one of my Sneasels turned out to be Jolly. <_< Still, a shiny's a shiny. :P
    Fc: 5027 9186 9288

hello

my wurmple chain ended on 91, once again the small worm makes history, yielding 12 shinies, A LOT more than i expected, and the chain went on for A LOT longer, it is my 3rd highest chain in my career. 7/12 were timid, thanx to my syncher and 1 has 31 IV in special atk this is my 3rd highest chain of all time and highest on my first try

EDIT:
    tried evolving them all, 4 silcoons 8 cascoons, woah a lot mroe cascoons o-o
    Last edited by freedom-123; 24th July 2009 at 8:13 AM.

how do you get it to go that high

i got a lucky and found a shiny ponyta while chaining found it on a chain of 6 or 7 cant remember
    Platinum fc 5413 8765 2882 name Isaac
    if you had a dint fc please change it

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is a Sharingan Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

my chains keep failing my highest is 18
    platinum lvl 100s

Is it just me or is it harder to chain in PLT?

I have been able to get chains up to 40-60 in D but I can bearly get 11 in PLT. o_0
    Quote Originally Posted by demnz View Post
    Today was a good day. I caught about 5 Shiny Sneasels and 3 Shiny Beldums. My Jolly Abra syncher was pretty horrible though, only one of my Sneasels turned out to be Jolly. <_< Still, a shiny's a shiny. :P
    How did you chain those Beldum?!?

I can't see in the only place they are because of the Sand so I can bearly chain there. (same with the snow)
    Last edited by Black/Light; 3rd August 2009 at 11:43 PM.

(Thanks to creativeworlds.com )

Plt- 0517 4479 2211

Looking for the following Shiny pokemon ut - Zangoose/ Mawile/ Female Snorunt/ Male Ralts

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast