Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1073

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

I've chained for a Shinx and a Scyther before. Got both shinies, it was pretty cool.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Well havent had any luck on any of my 5th gen hunts but not giving up, so i decided to stop RE for the day . So while taking a break i went looking up different shinies and realized not many ppl have a shiny bellossom, so last night i decided to chain gloom and manage to get 6 glooms. Bellossom is actually a nice shiny in my opinion.

Nice on the scyther too bad i dont have the game for that one to chain.Congrats on all shinies
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

My best chain is 15. I seem to have the best luck with Buizel near the Valley windworks. My only shinies came from the GTS :/
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketToTheMoon View Post
    My best chain is 15. I seem to have the best luck with Buizel near the Valley windworks. My only shinies came from the GTS :/
    Do not give up on chaining. It is possible. Follow the first two guides on the first page of this thread and you'll be ale to get the chain to 40. If you are having trouble with buizel then try something easier to get the hang of it. Usually the swarms or pokemon like starly, shinx or bidoof are easy ones to begin with. Trust me it does work and if you need more proof take a look at my sig and see how many different pokemon i have managed to chain. IT did not happen over night either i started in 2009 but then picked chaining up properly in early 2010 so have only been chaining on and off for two years and have gotten many shinies from chaining.

I have not done much chaining lately but when i have tried i have not had much luck with Ralts but i will get more shiny ralts for my shiny ralts family.
    Shinies are good.

I feel the urge the chain something lately but chaining is not a five minute activity, it can last hours like other real shiny hunting methods so I prefer to do my current hunts as I dont really have much time to spare. I just can't stand the thought of my chain breaks after hours. Better use the time wisely.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I did some chaining last night, after not doing it for years. Went for Corsola. Did pretty well, got the chain up to 40... then it broke because I slipped while I was resetting the radar ._. Didn't even get a shiny out of it.

Edit: Did some more chaining earlier, with Mareep. Managed to get 1 shiny before I accidentally slipped and broke the chain. It's a male, and I'm going to name him Candy, because he looks like candy floss ^^ Here's a couple of pictures, no encounter picture though.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...X/DSCF0001.jpg
    http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...X/DSCF0002.jpg
    Last edited by xKatie0391; 5th September 2012 at 8:01 PM.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

When i was using the pokeradar a few nights ago, i finally got up to my 40th Staravia (Took a while) and i saw a shiny patch. i went to go into it but my repel wore out and i stepped on the patch just before it, then out comes a budew! Doesnt matter, currently chaining shinxs so crossing fingers to find a shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    Well havent had any luck on any of my 5th gen hunts but not giving up, so i decided to stop RE for the day . So while taking a break i went looking up different shinies and realized not many ppl have a shiny bellossom, so last night i decided to chain gloom and manage to get 6 glooms. Bellossom is actually a nice shiny in my opinion.

Nice on the scyther too bad i dont have the game for that one to chain.Congrats on all shinies
    I actually had a shiny Bellossom, and it was very nice.

I've never been able to successfully chain. I actually got the shiny grass one time, but I accidentally stepped in another shaking spot, which ended up breaking the chain. It was a sad day indeed.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Since my random shiny Bibarel encounter, I would definitely say I've had quite a bit of luck. Managed to restart and complete the Tauros chain I was working on at the time of the incident, and snagged 5 of them!

After that, I decided to go for Togepi, which turned out to be SO frustrating, as I broke the chain more times than any of my other previous chains. Persistance paid off, however, as I caught 3 of the little buggers--the first of which turned out to be a female with Serene Grace! I'm so thrilled!

And finally, I headed up to Lake Acuity to chain either a Sneasel or Psyduck (whichever I had more luck with, I guess). After a couple of shorter chains of both Pokemon broke, I was able to get a Psyduck chain to 40, and caught 7 of them. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this chaining stuff!

Dunno what I'll go for next. There's a Slakoth swarm in Eterna Forest today, so I'll give that a go. If no luck, I might go back and try for Sneasel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
    Since my random shiny Bibarel encounter, I would definitely say I've had quite a bit of luck. Managed to restart and complete the Tauros chain I was working on at the time of the incident, and snagged 5 of them!

After that, I decided to go for Togepi, which turned out to be SO frustrating, as I broke the chain more times than any of my other previous chains. Persistance paid off, however, as I caught 3 of the little buggers--the first of which turned out to be a female with Serene Grace! I'm so thrilled!

And finally, I headed up to Lake Acuity to chain either a Sneasel or Psyduck (whichever I had more luck with, I guess). After a couple of shorter chains of both Pokemon broke, I was able to get a Psyduck chain to 40, and caught 7 of them. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this chaining stuff!

Dunno what I'll go for next. There's a Slakoth swarm in Eterna Forest today, so I'll give that a go. If no luck, I might go back and try for Sneasel again.
    Wow congratulations on your shiny streak! And snap i got three shiny Togepi as well (two years ago) and it was very frustrating getting the Togepi chain to 40 for me also. I never tried for psyduck as i don't like shiny Golduck but i only got a single shiny Sneasel from a non-shiny patch from a chain two years ago and ever since whenever i have tried to chain Sneasel the chain breaks quickly. It is annoying but i do still have one so i am grateful for that.

Good luck to everyone else on thier shiny hunts. I have taken a break from shiny hunting for a while.
    Shinies are good.

Ok sorry for the double post but it has been a while since my last one and i have noticed there has not been much posting since i was last here.

Well anyway i have good news. I managed to chain nincada up to 40 and i got THREE shinies before i accidentally broke the chain. I would have been annoyed if i hadn't gotten any shiny but i am happy with the three. I could always try another time for anymore. I am glad though i was getting fed up with the so many failed chains of nincada. Good luck to everyone else on shiny hunting.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 28th September 2012 at 8:20 PM. Reason: Missed a digit
    Shinies are good.

Woah, this chaining stuff is hard, haha.

Yesterday the most annoying thing happened. I was trying to chain a shiny Eevee in the Trophy Garden right? But I realized later that I don't actually have Eevee in there yet because I was thinking about my pearl game! Dx

At least I realized today and not ages later, though.

So now I'm trying to chain a shiny Ralts instead, until I can get an Eevee in the Trophy Garden... I don't even want to say what my highest chain for Ralts is, heh.
    +An Eevee's Tale, the Smallest of Eevees+

| Successful Trades on Serebii: 23 | 2DS Friend Code (shared DS): 4442-0034-0864 | National Pokédex Status: Complete |

^You can soft reset to have Eevee in TG actually. Just save in front of Mr Backlot then talk to him.
    If he doesn't mention Eevee, reset until he says it then save.
    TG pokemon can last until 2 days if Im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Ok sorry for the double post but it has been a while since my last one and i have noticed there has not been much posting since i was last here.

Well anyway i have good news. I managed to chain nincada up to 40 and i got THREE shinies before i accidentally broke the chain. I would have been annoyed if i hadn't gotten any shiny but i am happy with the three. I could always try another time for anymore. I am glad though i was getting fed up with the so many failed chains of nincada. Good luck to everyone else on shiny hunting.
    Cool. I failed to chain Nincanda for many times too.
    Finally I got the shiny from REing in Bug Catching Contest in JPN HG.
    He's Ninjask + Shedinja now.^^
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    ^You can soft reset to have Eevee in TG actually. Just save in front of Mr Backlot then talk to him.
    If he doesn't mention Eevee, reset until he says it then save.
    TG pokemon can last until 2 days if Im not mistaken.
    Oh, thanks! But what do you mean by "last until 2 days"?

Holy- I got a shiny Chansey in a non-shiny bush! Lucky? o:
    It's so pretty! I caught it in a Nest Ball, never going to evolve her... :3

| Successful Trades on Serebii: 23 | 2DS Friend Code (shared DS): 4442-0034-0864 | National Pokédex Status: Complete |

^The pokemon that you choose/reset to be in TG can stay there for 2 days long.
    You can have 2 different TG pokemon from Mr Backlot.

You got a 1/8192 shiny Chansey there, it's rare.
    I haven't succeeded to chain one. My highest chain for Chansey was 39 before it broke. <.<
    Those kinds of things are hard to forget.
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Ahh, I see. Thanks. I didn't know they left after two days. o:

And man that stinks, my highest chain for anything so far is 25 with Ralts. I want to beat myself up for the stupid reasons my chains break. Mostly being too hasty and accidentally running into the wrong bush. D:

I really really want a Shiny Eevee though- Eevee = Happiness forever <3

Finally got a blue voltorb after 9300 steps, resetting the radar after every 50. The voltorb-slaying part was really easy thanks to static electabuss. Have anybody else had some luck lately?

Edit: And there i godt my second blue one only 2 radar resets after the first one.
    Last edited by Caedo; 6th November 2012 at 11:55 PM.

- My Offers -

Spoiler:- My Offers:

- Looking For -
        Spoiler:- Looking For:

I do only trade and accept legally obtained pokemon. I'm also using instacheck.

I love this guide

I used it to find a couple of Shiny Ghastlys and Ponyta. Now I just need to try and get the right nature

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Went chaining last night for swablu, i got to 40, but then it broke. i was so upset, because i love that little golden birdie. ;~; i guess i'll try again tonight!

I hate when that happens. I remember it happening heaps when I tried to chain for eevees. Eventually gave up.

What's a good pokemon to have in the front of your party when chaining? I've chained for some in the past, but I'm looking for a modest / timid natured Ghastly, and noticed that the two shinies I caught aren't of that nature. I think there's an ability which increases the likelihood that you encounter pokemon of the same nature?

Where can I find a pokemon with that in Pearl?

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    I hate when that happens. I remember it happening heaps when I tried to chain for eevees. Eventually gave up.

What's a good pokemon to have in the front of your party when chaining? I've chained for some in the past, but I'm looking for a modest / timid natured Ghastly, and noticed that the two shinies I caught aren't of that nature. I think there's an ability which increases the likelihood that you encounter pokemon of the same nature?

Where can I find a pokemon with that in Pearl?
    All you need to do is catch a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability and make sure that that Pokemon has the nature you want. I use Abra since they are the easiest with said ability to get in the wild. Then I breed it with a Ditto to get the desired nature and set that offspring at the head of my party. I faint it so I don't have to deal with the trouble of switching it out every battle but Synchronize will still take effect and cause 50% of the wild encounters to have the same nature.
    Looking for: DW

Non-cloned Shiny Pokemon, Non-cloned Flawless Pokemon (4th & 5th Gen)

Offering: Wishmaker Jirachi (4th & 5th Gen)

Any DW Pokemon (minus event, genderless and male-only species), including Chansey, Pichu, Eevees with Wish and Baton Pass

Selfdestruct Munchlax (5th Gen), any Japanese Pokemon (Gen I-IV) for MM

Latest chains:
    23 Roselia
    29 Pachirisu
    39 Togepi

Raah I have no luck D: haha Also tried to start a chain of Clefairy in trophy garden, but couldn't even manage to encounter 1... and then tried swarming spoink but could hardly encounter it either, and then getting broken by houndour -_-' lame lame lame... I thought that swarming Pokemon would be far easier, but I swear they are harder o -0

Edit: 20 clefairy and then whilst I'm resetting, the music just fades back to normal and then the chain is just... gone!? wtfffff </3 not fair, I didn't leave the grass or break it or anything ; -; siiiigh...
    Last edited by ClefairyKid; 19th November 2012 at 9:33 AM.

Chains will reset if you move far away from the place you were resetting (probably if all the shaking tiles wind up off-screen). It's a problem with some maps more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Chains will reset if you move far away from the place you were resetting (probably if all the shaking tiles wind up off-screen). It's a problem with some maps more than others.
    I know that, but I was in the Trophy Garden, therefore you can't really leave the grass unless you go back into the mansion, which I certainly didn't do.. XD Either way, I don't think I'll ever get hold of shiny clefairy, but at best some of the more common ones perhaps with static/magnet pull etc. I'd trade to get hold of the more interesting shinies but I get so many hacked Pokemon in online trades that I just can't trust people to actually send something genuine : s

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast