Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1073

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

It's not leaving the grass that's the problem, it's moving far enough away that the shaking patches are off-screen. Say you pick a shaking patch on one side of the Garden, and the other 3 patches are generated in non-grass spots off to the side. If you walk to the other side of the Garden, that would definitely put those patches off-screen.

Trophy Garden's kind of a hard spot to chain in because of the missing patches. You can still get an early shiny patch if you luck out. I got a Nincada in Eterna Forest that way a few days ago.

Hmm... well it's been about a year or two since I got shinies from radar... so I'm hoping that MM might be better, at least less, throw it at the wall in frustration type patience, even though you need more of it haha It was weird though, I only got above 10 when I chanined in the trophy garden, had a really hard time in "easier" places...

hi there everyone! hope no one minds me joining the crew. and congratulations to all new shinies!
    anyways, first radared shiny was when i caught was a pichu in TG at a chain of 2, then a shinx last week at 36. :b
    gonna try to chain a ponyta later when i get home from school.

edit: sorry for double post, accidentally pressed reply twice.

edit: caught 4 shiny shinx and 1 shiny ponyta earlier, but ponyta chain broke because it was on a edgy patch. gonna try again now.
    Last edited by Tina; 24th November 2012 at 10:39 AM.

~Current Hunts~

(B1 BQ #4) ~ SR, 10,521 SRs.

(W2 BQ #4) Route 5 ~ RE, 5,086 REs.
    (Pearl/Platinum) ~ SR, 50 SRs.
    (B2) ~ SR, 81 SRs.

I got back to chaining yesterday. I was trying to chain for a Shiny Roselia on Route 212 in the morning on Pearl version, but the chain broke before I found it. I moved on to Route 209 in the evening since I wanted to start a fresh new chaining attempt, and I spent some time with the Poke Radar trying to start some chains in the hopes that a Shiny Bibarel would appear. I got lucky as I chained into the night and the Shiny Bibarel actually appeared. I captured it with a Net Ball and I placed it in the same Box as my other chained Shinies. I don't feel like going through the process all over again for a while though, so I'll take a break and chain some other time.

Congrats on the shiny Bibarel Ciccone!

Few days ago i found a shiny Shellos on the chain of 4 when i was messing around on route 213 while trying to chain a Absol, little while later i tried to chain for skitty and caught one, there were two but the second one killed itself with recoil u_u;;.
    Today i chained for Beldums, found 5 shinies but they all killed themselves to recoil and luck bailed on me as they kept waking up to sleep powder...... the chain kepted breaking due to the sandstorm from barely visually common patches.. yee.. got my chain to 40 six times today.. didnt even catch one.. *head desk*.

~Current Hunts~

(B2) ~ SR, 81 SRs.

Umm, I'm considering playing Diamond again to complete the dex mainly, but for shinies too. The shinies I've encountered on the Pokeradar are: Lickitung at... 40+ I believe, probably just 40. I got so excited when I found him though *first wild shiny* I flew right off to the Pokecenter though ^_^; (ironically I found him on 7/7/07 as well). I also somehow got a shiny Staravia before with a mere chain of 9 on Diamond. Any other shinies I own in any of my games are from events or trades really. (Minus that egg in Crystal I SR'd for, but... the shiny rate for it is high anyway).
    Sadly, I've gotten chains better than Lickitung before without any shinies many times. Was so frustrating.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    but ponyta chain broke because it was on a edgy patch. gonna try again now.
    There's no such thing as breaking the chain on edges. You just encountered a bad set of patch, nya~

@Sceptile Master, haha, congrats on those lickitungs! i tried to chain for them once but wobburfet kept breaking my chain.

@PopPrincess_Lyra, i wasnt looking i guess, was resetting for about an hour and finally when the shiny patch appeared i just rushed towards it xD. ive heard somewhere that shiny patches always continue your chain but the edgy ones might break them.. /:

still trying to chain a beldum.. i got just about seven chains to 40 and one to 60 but all the shinys i encountered killed themselves.. u__u and with the catch rate of a legendary it made it nearly impossible for me to catch them. got to the breaking point last night when the 7th shiny beldum fainted, i ended my chain and went to gather a bunch of masterballs. when i returned to try again the chain never got passed 36. *head desk*
    Last edited by Tina; 3rd December 2012 at 5:37 AM. Reason: mispelled word

~Current Hunts~

(B2) ~ SR, 81 SRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    @Sceptile Master, haha, congrats on those lickitungs! i tried to chain for them once but wobburfet kept breaking my chain.

@PopPrincess_Lyra, i wasnt looking i guess, was resetting for about an hour and finally when the shiny patch appeared i just rushed towards it xD. ive heard somewhere that shiny patches always continue your chain but the edgy ones might break them.. /:

still trying to chain a beldum.. i got just about seven chains to 40 and one to 60 but all the shinys i encountered killed themselves.. u__u and with the catch rate of a legendary it made it nearly impossible for me to catch them. got to the breaking point last night when the 7th shiny beldum fainted, i ended my chain and went to gather a bunch of masterballs. when i returned to try again the chain never got passed 36. *head desk*
    Hello everyone. I haven't tried chaining for ages. I think i am all pokeradared out for a few more months as well so i am shiny hunting on my black 2 version.

Now to the quote, about Beldum yes it is very irritating that catch rate. I lost a shiny beldum due to it using struggle. I was putting it to sleep for ages and throwing the best balls at it as well. When it did that i was fuming but i did then get two more (i got one before the struggler) so i ended the chain with three shinies. To be honest i didn't know the exact catch rate number until AFTER i had broken the chain with the three shinies. Oh and my third shiny beldum i had to use the masterball as it was going the same way as the struggler and i was not letting another shiny KO itself. However keep up the good work and hopefully your game will be kind to you and you end up with ten shiny beldums or something as you clearly deserve it after all that.
    Shinies are good.

I only have one shiny Lickitung actually, but he's awesome. I should probably not let him/her rot in the box so much.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

@Scrufox86, haha, thanks. that was really encouraging. :b. i got a chain to 40 last night and resetted for about two hours but no shiny patch. shortly afterwards my chain broke when i went into a patch that i didnt see.. stupid Rhydon ill try again later today if i can get another Beldum swarm.. xD

@Sceptile Master, yeah, golden Lickitungs are awesome. haha, i always keep my shinies untouched in my box. maybe train one or two and trade some other ones away.

~Current Hunts~

(B2) ~ SR, 81 SRs.

Well, today I tried chaining again in Diamond.

I now own two female shiny Shinx~
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)

Hello everyone. I haven't chain in a while but currently i am chaining on my platinum version. I have a chain of Pichu at 29 so far and i am hoping to continue up to 40. An early shiny patch would be appreciated muchly.

Just thought i would post as i haven't for a while. And i will edit this post with any updates.

Good luck to anyone else still chaining.

Edit - OK i managed to capture SIX shiny Pichu from the chain before deciding to end it on purpose. I was getting fed up with the amount of time resettting before shiny patches showed up and six is enough. Well now i will be trying something else. Possibly Bagon (Edit- tried a few times and yet again chains break around 15-17 even with following the rules etc) or Glameow (wow current chain of just 8 and a shiny patch showed up!)
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 17th February 2013 at 7:21 PM.
    Shinies are good.

Chaining all of today, but to no avail
    Went for Ralts for hours, but I couldn't get past 30, gonna keep on trying though. I randomly chained Duskull and got to 26 before a Bibarel wrecked it.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

i started chaining yesterday, tried with a 202 route Shinx+Static.... i read a lot of techniques, what to do and what not to do but... my chain was erased 3 times while i saw a shinx! if i can remember correct, it was always an edge-patch but still, found a shinx.... why??
    Last edited by pgetsos; 18th February 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Chaining all of today, but to no avail
    Went for Ralts for hours, but I couldn't get past 30, gonna keep on trying though. I randomly chained Duskull and got to 26 before a Bibarel wrecked it.
    Ouch! They were high when they broke. Yeah i have had trouble chaining both of those. I was lucky on two separate occasions when chaining Ralts because i found an early shiny patch so i have two shiny Ralts. However i have failed every time i have tried to chain Duskull and i have never been able to get to above 15 with Duskull. As you have clearly had better luck when chaining i would suggest keep trying because you may just get lucky. Also you may find an early shiny patch. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pgetsos View Post
    i started chaining yesterday, tried with a 202 route Shinx+Static.... i read a lot of techniques, what to do and what not to do but... my chain was erased 3 times while i saw a shinx! if i can remember correct, it was always an edge-patch but still, found a shinx.... why??
    You should never go on an edge patch (unless it is a shiny patch and even then it can still break your chain). The static thing is brilliant but you should read the guide on the first page it shows what combinations of patches when resetting the radar are good ones and which to avoid. I hope this helps you to chain Shinx and you get a few shinies. As something to encourage you... i have chained Shinx four separate times and gotten in totatl 55 shiny Shinx. So you can do it as Shinx is one of the easiest to chain. Keep trying and follow the chaining guide. Good luck!
    Shinies are good.

Cheers Scrufox86,
    my brother is getting so lucky with the pokeradar, 3 shinies in 2 days, he got shiny Zigzagonn on a chain of 33, shiny Roselia on 2, and he got a shiny Ralts on 1!!! I managed to get a Ralts chain to 40, and I asked him to help me find a shiny patch. After about 5 mins he said he saw one, so I said to him, if you are that sure, step into it, but it wasn't a shiny patch and he wrecked my chain

EDIT: Giving up on Ralts for a while, can get past 20 now! Gonna try for a shiny Swablu
    Last edited by tomatohater; 18th February 2013 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pgetsos View Post
    No matter if you find the same Pokémon, if you choose the wrong path it will still erase your chain.

My brother gave me his shiny Ralts that he chained, and now it is a shiny Gardevoir, my second favorite shiny overall (after Ninetales). In return though, he wants me to help him chain a shiny Electrike or a shiny Poochyena.

EDIT: Just chained Magnemites cus I was bored, first try it went to 40 and I managed to get 4 shinies before I ended the chain
    Last edited by tomatohater; 19th February 2013 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Shinies!

Guys where is the threat with all pokemon locations (pokeradar)?
    DON'T WORRY LADIES!BROCK IS HERE!

FOR TRADE:
    Lv70 Relaxed nature || ALAMOS Event
    x3 Lv50 Hardy,mild,bold nature || WIN2011 Modest flawless nature
    x2 Lv50 docile,naughty nature || GAMESTP
    x2 sassy,nasty nature || Oblivia
    adamant flawless nature || TRU
    Jolly flawless nature (MAY2010) || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event ||

Looking For any shiny(Prefer Pokeradar's)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w658r6.png[/IMG]

Got a shiny Starly as the first thing I've ever successfully chained today! Nidoran broke the chain immediately afterwards, so only 1... Haven't decided on a name yet, but this encourages me to keep going with chaining from now! Shuko's guide helped me a lot. Thanks!
    Currently trading and looking to trade for egg moves.
    I have: Dark Pulse zorua, Dark Pulse Deino, Snarl Zorua, Hypnosis/Zen Headbutt /Roost Zubat, Curse , Aqua Ring , Imprison , Muddy Water , yawn/wish/stored power . I'll do others on request. Can do natures for any of my egg moves, though in some cases patience is required, please understand.

Visit my trade shop at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=500528
    White FC: 3525 9605 9952

I wonder if I'll have any better luck chaining Absol in Platinum than I did in Diamond. I could only get to 17 before the chain broke (pesky shellos XP). And that only happened once. Usually I only get to five or six before the damn shellos butts in. No matter how careful I'm being.

Lol i have such bad luck 3 times while chaining starly it Broke at 36 i was like wtf!!! But I'm gettng better i got to 40 on a chain of bidoof and managed to Get a shiny then i went for rhyhorn and got one at 9 I'm improving a lot hopefully I'll get 40 a lot easier in the future
    Last edited by Jorge565; 3rd May 2013 at 10:34 PM.
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by spyrosgost View Post
    Guys where is the threat with all pokemon locations (pokeradar)?
    There is lots of information about where to catch them here. Is this what you were thinking about?
    Current Shiny count: 191
    Currently going for: Three Bulbasaur via Masuda Method (Currently at ~320 Eggs)

Shiny List

Chained Castform and Shellos today, breaking at 29 and 28 respectively.

Although a couple of days ago I got a Shiny Shinx via Pokeradar so it isn't THAT bad...

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast