Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Could you guys tell me aproximately how long time it takes from you reach chain 40 until you find your first shiny on that chain?
    My friend has a chain of 40, and he has been resetting for 1,5 - 2 hour streight without finding anything.
    And I can guarantee you that his chain is 40.
    Personally I found my shinies after minutes of resetting, so I find this odd... He's used about 60 max repels from the point when he reached chain 40 until now.
    I found shiny Litwick at the 5290th RE.
    Current Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLord View Post
    Could you guys tell me aproximately how long time it takes from you reach chain 40 until you find your first shiny on that chain?
    My friend has a chain of 40, and he has been resetting for 1,5 - 2 hour streight without finding anything.
    Personally I found my shinies after minutes of resetting, so I find this odd... He's used about 60 max repels from the point when he reached chain 40 until now.
    Well, I got my shiny after 40 Max Repels. Bad luck? I don't know.

still trying to get Scyther... got to 41q, but the chain broke, and I was maaaaad.

I've been trying to get a Scyther or a Starly, alternating between routes when I got bored. Can't get either : /

I've got Shinx, Larvitar, and Buizel so far though, so I can't complain too much
    My Fanfic, Legends Never Die

Chapter 8, "Legendary Challenge" is up now! Please read and comment, and if you PM me, I'll read and comment on yours, too!

Sometimes the chain should go beyond 40 for certain Pokemon if you want better chances of finding the shiny.
    EDIT: If i may ask, what Pokemon is your friend chaining?
    Last edited by Metagross Guy; 2nd September 2010 at 9:12 PM.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

He's chaining marills in the exact same place as I was...
    I found my two in a matter of 15 minutes, so I think this is a little crazy. But I haven't talked to him since an hour ago. Maybe he got a marill,I dont know...

(hopefully, he has obtained a shiny when I talk to him tomorow)
    Last edited by NorthernLord; 2nd September 2010 at 9:37 PM.
    Current Black Team:

Well, I've spent hours on my Bagon and Pachirisu alone while Minun showed up almost instantly after hitting 40. So I'm really not surprised. The odds are 1 out of 200 so it's not necessarily guaranteed. Your friend just needs to keep at it. He'll find it eventually.

I've only made it to 40 on those three so I can't really give you a strong opinion on it. But in my case, finding it usually takes a while. I burned 50 repels on my Bagon last night. You just gotta be patient with these things. =/
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    Well, I've spent hours on my Bagon and Pachirisu alone while Minun showed up almost instantly after hitting 40. So I'm really not surprised. The odds are 1 out of 200 so it's not necessarily guaranteed. Your friend just needs to keep at it. He'll find it eventually.

I've only made it to 40 on those three so I can't really give you a strong opinion on it. But in my case, finding it usually takes a while. I burned 50 repels on my Bagon last night. You just gotta be patient with these things. =/
    I guess I've been really lucky on both my succesful chains, as I found all my tree shinx and two marill shinies in matter of 15 minutes or so both times...
    I have a tendency of being lucky in this game...
    Current Black Team:

I guess I've been really lucky on both my succesful chains, as I found all my tree shinx and two marill shinies in matter of 15 minutes or so both times...
    I have a tendency of being lucky in this game...
    In 15 minutes?? what luck!
    Honestly I've gotten over 50 Shiny Pokemon chaining and all of them took at least over 30 minutes. I must congratulate you on that..

Success! I finally got my shiny Scyther!!!

It's a female, so there goes my Nickname idea, but that's really the only bad part.

I was using a Synchronize pokemon for Adamant, but it wound up being Lonely... it could be worse though, so I'm fine with it...

ost importantly, of course: TECHNICIAN!!!
    My Fanfic, Legends Never Die

Chapter 8, "Legendary Challenge" is up now! Please read and comment, and if you PM me, I'll read and comment on yours, too!

Its easier to compare number of max repels used instead of how long it took. I've calculated the average to be one shiny per 10 max repels, though this assumes you are getting 4 patches every reset. While 60 max repels and no shiny sucks, it isnt that rare. I once went over 130 max repels before getting a shiny skitty patch. o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross Guy View Post
    Actually its Platinum and thanks
    Well in that case, yes Ditto is very hard at 5% Good luck, they do look cool.

@T9: Congrats, shiny scyther rocks

I think I'll try catching that little Blue Ditto later on, maybe tonight but right now im aiming for a little Spoink...the shiny is kinda cute ^.^ Anyone has it??
    Last edited by Metagross Guy; 3rd September 2010 at 7:15 PM.

^Spoink is pretty cool. I'm going to go for it once the swarm happens (I don't like resetting the DS dates due to OCD. lol).

Zangoose update: Pain in the butt trying to get this guy. 8% appearance rate doesn't help at all. When I did find him, the chains would die (for no reason) at 8 and 12. My ds needs a good charging (as well as my eyes) so I'll get back to it tonight. On a semi-positive note: I got a random encounter with a shiny one (chain of 11). It's possible that the patch was a shiny one, but I was talking to a friend and saw it shake out of the corner of my eye. Thus, my Kirlia wasn't ready to sync. So now I'm stuck with a Lax Zangoose. I'm not complaining, it's just that I've already got a handful of shiny Zangoose and I really want an Adamant one....Whatevs, I'll give it to my bro.

Anyways, are any of you crazy like me and take your chances with patches or do you reset until an ideal 4 square patch shows up? Early on, I'll take my chances with 2/3 square patches but quick screwing around once I hit 15. But I may change my strategy with this flippin' Zangoose....lol

And why do you guys fear corner/side patches? I've onyl had a chain die on me once from entering it. If it's the 4th square, I usually go for it. =/
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    ^Spoink is pretty cool. I'm going to go for it once the swarm happens (I don't like resetting the DS dates due to OCD. lol).

Zangoose update: Pain in the butt trying to get this guy. 8% appearance rate doesn't help at all. When I did find him, the chains would die (for no reason) at 8 and 12. My ds needs a good charging (as well as my eyes) so I'll get back to it tonight. On a semi-positive note: I got a random encounter with a shiny one (chain of 11). It's possible that the patch was a shiny one, but I was talking to a friend and saw it shake out of the corner of my eye. Thus, my Kirlia wasn't ready to sync. So now I'm stuck with a Lax Zangoose. I'm not complaining, it's just that I've already got a handful of shiny Zangoose and I really want an Adamant one....Whatevs, I'll give it to my bro.

Anyways, are any of you crazy like me and take your chances with patches or do you reset until an ideal 4 square patch shows up? Early on, I'll take my chances with 2/3 square patches but quick screwing around once I hit 15. But I may change my strategy with this flippin' Zangoose....lol

And why do you guys fear corner/side patches? I've onyl had a chain die on me once from entering it. If it's the 4th square, I usually go for it. =/
    Ah well congratulations on the fact you got a shiny Zangoose =)...Its been bad for me today, i was talking to my sister while i was raiding through the Spoink and when i just looked at the screen, I saw the life of a shiny spoink rolling all the way down =( well i guess a next one is just around the corner. Yes i do take chances but only until about the chain is 10. I fear corner patches probably because its just pure bad luck, you can never really trust when it will break your chain <: well good luck and i hope some of your luck scrapes off on me.

lol my friend's kinda happy he got his marill. But it was bold though ......
    Last edited by NorthernLord; 3rd September 2010 at 7:59 PM.
    Current Black Team:

lol my friend's kinda happy he got his marill. But it was bold though ......
    Well congratulations to your friend =)..how long did it take him by the way? did he tell you?

Well congratulations to your friend =)..how long did it take him by the way? did he tell you?

Darkreus says thanks. He said it took him around 50 max repels

My friend actually has a user at the forumes i just figured out lol (darkreus).
    Current Black Team:

Darkreus says thanks. He said it took him around 50 max repels

My friend actually has a user at the forumes i just figured out lol (darkreus).

Oh thats cool.

Spoink,Spoink,Spoink its on a chain of 52 and for some queer reason i keep resetting,maybe im worried..or maybe not. I have to get it by the end of the day so im just gonna keep on tryin'

I found out that my marill had thick fat instead of huge power (doubles damage of attacks), and the worst possible nature.. bold (lowers attack and raises defence)..

Arceus must really hate me.

Oh thats cool.

Spoink,Spoink,Spoink its on a chain of 52 and for some queer reason i keep resetting,maybe im worried..or maybe not. I have to get it by the end of the day so im just gonna keep on tryin'
    I hope you get that spoink of yours. I guess it's safest to just keep resetting if you have to get it by the end of the day. It's bad when a chain ends when you've used many hours on it..
    Current Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkreus View Post
    I found out that my marill had thick fat instead of huge power (doubles damage of attacks), and the worst possible nature.. bold (lowers attack and raises defence)..

Arceus must really hate me.

Did you use a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize? There's 50% chance of the Shiny becoming the same nature of the Pokemon whose ability is Synchronize. And Bold isn't really a bad nature because Marill isn't really a Pokemon that you would think to have more of an attack but more defense. Nevertheless, you made a good catch but I'd say the worst part might be the "Thick fat" ability..Bold would have gone extremely well with "Huge Power".
    PS Arceus doesn't hate you, if he did, you won't have even encountered the shiny..=) Well good luck....hm luck something im lacking of today : l

i got so close to catching a shiny magnemite, chain 39!

~I Have Claimed Empoleon~

Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Empoleon View Post
    i got so close to catching a shiny magnemite, chain 39!
    Awesome, but remember at chain 40 does not guarantee that you will get a shiny remember that shiny pokemon are super rare. You may have to keep resetting for a while until the shiny patch actually occurs..Like yesterday for me for an example. Spoink, i was chaining that thing up to 52 and i just decided to start resetting, i resetted for over 2 hours and eventually, by mistake, i ran into a patch and broke the chain. That sucked really bad. Well i hope you're trying again and good luck =D

MG, that's happened to me a few times (although, I either already got a shiny or I didn't care about the guy). But you learn from your mistakes. Just gotta be more careful. But that's still terrible since you spent 2 hours trying to get him. Hopefully, for your sake, it'll show up right away next time. =/

My Zangoose endeavors are still coming up empty. I am still having trouble actually starting a chain (takes forever to find him) and having the chain continue. It self implodes alot and/or the "safe" 4th patch ends up being something else... But I will not give up. My highest chain, despite rotten luck, is 23. For some reason, once I hit the 30s, I make it to 40 no problem. I'm hoping that that will remain true...

Pic by Giygas.

Ah well luck seems upon me today, I caught 2 shiny Drowzee's and 2 shiny Flaafy, it was quite fun and fast too. I searched up those Zangoose of yours, wow the shiny form looks quite awesome ^.^ So after Zangoose, any ideas what Pokemon you'll go after?? Me? Im all hooked on that Ditto im going for him but not now, my eyes are tired. Good luck though.

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/zyaef4.png[/IMG] yay i gots five of them ima train the one with the best evs and put it in a team. now ima try to chain tyrouge
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/wu49j5.jpg[/IMG] Best shows made [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2uy3hiw.jpg[/IMG]

I love dusk balls. I catch all my shiny pokemon in dusk balls. Dusk balls remind me of the dark ball from Celebi: The Voice of the Forest.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast