Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

After many hours of pain and suffering, I finally caught my shiny Adamant Zangoose (as well as a Modest and Quirky one). Last night, on my third attempted chain, I made it to 40. As opposed to previous chains, the first shiny showed up after 3 repels. I kept going (finding the Quirky one almost instantly) and 10 repels later, the chain ended on the Adamant one (fortunately it was Adamant). It's got a pretty good spread of IVs so this guy is a keeper. First chain that I've done where I've gotten more than 1 shiny in one go. *raises fists in victory*

Now I'm moving on to Electrike (Modest, preferably). It's finally his time for a swarm and I need to take advantage of it. For a swarm+Static, this guy has been causing me problems. Highest chain so far is 27. The patch it ended on was the safest patch I could've picked, but I guess the odds were still against me. Hopefully I'll get him by the end of the day. I need to knock out some stuff before I go back to chaining, though....

Other shinies that I'll go after? I'm patient with waiting for swarms/Trophy-Garden so my list present in those will wait till they happen. But after I finish with Electrike, I'm probably going to go after Duskull, Torkoal (this will be painful...), and Pikachu for my friends. Other than that closest to the top of stuff for myself are Absol and Chingling (so that I can have both him and Chimeco). I plan to try to get all possible shinies eventually so I'm open to suggestions.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Cool thats awesome! For me, I've reached my 560th Shiny!! woooo!!!! The lucky pokemon to get me this was actually a Weezing ^.^ To save the questions, alot of the shinies i have are the same type of Pokemon. I think i may take today off on shiny hunting though.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross Guy View Post
    In 15 minutes?? what luck!
    Honestly I've gotten over 50 Shiny Pokemon chaining and all of them took at least over 30 minutes. I must congratulate you on that..
    Cool thats awesome! For me, I've reached my 560th Shiny!! woooo!!!! The lucky pokemon to get me this was actually a Weezing ^.^ To save the questions, alot of the shinies i have are the same type of Pokemon. I think i may take today off on shiny hunting though.
    Where did the other 500 come from? >.>

Kecleon and hoothoot are current targets, though i have a lot of work to do and probably cant chain much.

"I've gotten over 50 Shiny Pokemon chaining"
    I've chained probably 490 Pokemon and after doing the math, Encountered 70. These were throughout the whole game Generation (just to be clear) I,II,III and IV. Encountered 70 through these and chained 490 in gen IV..yeah chaining has been my life on this. I have like 37 shiny Shinx
    Last edited by Metagross Guy; 5th September 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Got 5 shiny Electrike in about 20 repels. After an hour of continuous searching, I accidentally stepped in a bad patch. So I've got 3 modest ones, however, they've all got the lightningrod ability. But I'll just live with it till the next swarm.

Anyways, I won't have time to chain for the next few days, but when I start back up, I'ma try to get both Volbeat and Illumise just for the sake of having a shiny set.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"

I've chained probably 490 Pokemon and after doing the math, Encountered 70. These were throughout the whole game Generation (just to be clear) I,II,III and IV. Encountered 70 through these and chained 490 in gen IV..yeah chaining has been my life on this. I have like 37 shiny Shinx
    Similarly, chaining is pretty much all I've done in Gen IV. =) I think i have 30-ish skitties from when i began chaining, though pretty quickly I started restricting the number i reset for so my PC didnt get full. I generally reset for the number needed for the evo chain, and maybe one more. Though I dont turn down shiny patches that appear when Im chaining up after resetting.

lol, and I who thought it was pretty neat having 5 shinies :P

I haven't chained anything in 9 days. I've been busy gathering bp in battle arena. But my next shiny hunt will be beldum. I am going to get an adamant gardevoir with synchronise. Then I will start to hunt for adamant beldum. Later I will ev-train it for defense and attack.

(this message was double posted, I don't know why.)
    Last edited by NorthernLord; 6th September 2010 at 8:52 PM.
    I found shiny Litwick at the 5290th RE.
    Current Black Team:

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLord View Post
    lol, and I who thought it was pretty neat having 5 shinies :P

I haven't chained anything in 9 days. I've been busy gathering bp in battle arena. But my next shiny hunt will be beldum. I am going to get an adamant gardevoir with synchronise. Then I will start to hunt for adamant beldum. Later I will ev-train it for defense and attack.

(this message was double posted, I don't know why.)
    Just making sure that you know about magnet pull right? Good luck getting the right natured one - when I chained it I just got enough shinies for the evolutions and got outta there!

I was trying to chain Eevee in Diamond, and I got about 9 or 10 when I had to re-apply max repels. So I did. But the chain broke as I was walking. Or, at least, the number of eevees I had going on the poketch app disappeared.

Why is this?
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Arcanine:

Quote Originally Posted by ninjascyther View Post
    A chain breaks if you walk far enough so that ALL patches that shook are 'pushed off' the screen (because the camera centres on your character). If only one patch shook it can be quite easy to accidently break the chain this way. Test this out if you dont get it - reset, note the patches that shook, and see how the chain breaks as you walk away.
    10char

Hi guys, sorry i could not have been here for the week...had school :l

Remember the Shiny Beldum Help guide i posted right? =)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjascyther View Post
    Just making sure that you know about magnet pull right? Good luck getting the right natured one - when I chained it I just got enough shinies for the evolutions and got outta there!
    Yup I know about magnet pull. I guess I will empty my team, taking with me only 2 pokemon: one with synchronise and adamant nature, and one with magnet pull. Then I'll switch to the one with synchronise as soon as I see a shiny patch.

Hi guys, sorry i could not have been here for the week...had school :l

Remember the Shiny Beldum Help guide i posted right? =)
    No, where is that to be found?

btw I'm searching for a beldum swarm right now, but so far dawn's sister has only been bragging about delibirds and doduos over and over again.
    EDIT: YAY!! There's a beldum swarm! Finally!
    That means I'm off to get a pokemon with magnet pull and an adamant pokemon with synchronise
    Last edited by NorthernLord; 10th September 2010 at 6:07 PM.
    I found shiny Litwick at the 5290th RE.
    Current Black Team:

Just a reminder if you are going to chain a Beldum:

Remember to put a Pokémon with the ability "Magnet pull" infront of your team just for better luck.

In order to get a Beldum swarm, you must first talk to Dawn's sister in Sandgem town. She tells you when there is one (a trick to get the swarm is to keep switching the Nintendo DS time in order for days to go by on the game)

The area where the Beldum swarm is is kinda tough due to the Sandstorm so having a Nintendo DS lite will be good. Turn the light onto the highest so when the patch of grass shines,you will notice it.

Lastly,pay close attention as the shiny Beldum can come up at anytime..Good luck
    This is it but its not much help now since i'm sure you know pretty much all this.

Hello, I am kind of new to chaining Pokemon trying to find a shiny and have been wondering what are the most important things to remember when chaining? I don't really feel like I am that good at it but I just really want to do good so I can find a shiny because I have never actually found a wild shiny Pokemon on Pearl. My 3 longest chains are all 12, and when ever I get up to 12 my chain always breaks, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Star, it really just takes alot of practice. Have you read the guides in the first post of the thread? Those are really helpful.

Anyways, when I find that I can't get chains going, I simply reset the radar until a patch 4 squares away shows up. You don't want to take any chances. It might also depend on what you're trying to chain as well.

It took me about a week to finally get it down so don't feel bad about it. Just work on memorizing the patterns and whatnot and you'll get it eventually. =/

Pic by Giygas.

I've read all the guides on the first post, they did help. My record used to be a chain of 6, but now 6 and 7 are my average, with 12 as my record.
    I'm just going to keep practicing and read through the guides again, but while I'm actually chaining, so I can hopefuly memorize some of it.

. . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118

I hate the PokeRadar, some people are good at it and have large collections but I just, can't. It's whatever though, I'm cool with the original way.

PS: To people good with the PokeRadar, what do you do in HGSS?
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Unlegendary View Post
    I hate the PokeRadar, some people are good at it and have large collections but I just, can't. It's whatever though, I'm cool with the original way.

PS: To people good with the PokeRadar, what do you do in HGSS?
    Cry.

10char ;_;

OMFG! I just completed my first full-fledged chain in my Platinum and just caught me 3 Shiny Duskulls! I don't even know why Duskull lol it was just the first Pokemon that popped in my chain.

Anyways, here are the little fellas, which one do you guys think it's the best one to train?

Wow, maybe you could train 2 of them so you could have a shiny of each of its evolutions.

. . ~ | ~ ~ | ~

I just got my first pokeradar shiny yesterday by accident while searching for shiny Machop, I found a shiny meditite on a chain of two, I went in the grass found one then the next one was a shiny

I still dont completly know how to use the pokeradar yet

Just got my 7th shiny Snubbull...It took a while but i did it^^

Congrats on the Meditite and the Snubbull! I caught 6 Shiny Budews a couple of days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Congrats on the Meditite and the Snubbull! I caught 6 Shiny Budews a couple of days ago!
    Ah congratulations!

Im going for another Ponyta..Its a request from a friend..Im being payed :]

Last week's outcomes

5 Scythers
    3 machops
    7 nincadas
    3 magnemites

Gonna try hoppip next.

Anyone has a suggestion as to what I should look for ?
    Shiny Hunter.

Current Shiny Team :

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast