Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Currently I'm trying to chain duskull still having a hard time getting it to show u in the radar. This year I decided to learn how to chain and have successed . The best way I learn was to chain machop, then decided to try swarms then too harder chains my latest was my 7 shiny eevees. Good luck peeps
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

just chained beldum to 43 and got two shinies on my first try.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

Quote Originally Posted by Neji-and-Pidgeot View Post
    just chained beldum to 43 and got two shinies on my first try.
    Lucky you.I cant get any higher than my record of 32 I just keep getting it broke by bidoofs.I think im doing something wrong but not sure what.
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

I haven't chained anything yet, but I'm gonna go for ponyta ASAP
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Norns View Post
    I haven't chained anything yet, but I'm gonna go for ponyta ASAP
    I find route 214 good for ponyta.theres a big patch at the bottom near where u would go to the place to catch giratina.I got a chain of 16 ponyta on my brothers diamond last night whilst teaching him the art of chaining but I could of carried on as a I broke the chain deliberately as he only had 1 max repel left and would not have it the 40 mark

I got a larvitar chain to 40 today! And then a random encounter geodude broke it before I could get a shiny, even though I had a max repel up. This is the fifth time this has happened and it always happens at a chain of 40, why?
    Currently hunting for shiny Scraggy

Shinies obtained:

My highest chain is around 30. I've never encountered a shiny, however, my brother chained I think now around 50 shinies.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    My highest chain is around 30. I've never encountered a shiny, however, my brother chained I think now around 50 shinies.
    My highest is 32 .I had a blast on pearl last night and couldnt pull a record any higher than 16 all my chains broke .I think im missing something out rulewise but im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    My highest is 32 .I had a blast on pearl last night and couldnt pull a record any higher than 16 all my chains broke .I think im missing something out rulewise but im not sure
    I too keep having chains broken for reasons that I have completely no idea about. I started chaining 2 days ago and decided to start with Snover on route 217(Somewhat hard, I know). However I think I need some clarification pretty badly. I've had more than a dozen chains break in the high 20s and a few in the low 30s. A couple have been due to misteps but not many of them.

-I only go for spots in the 4 range, but not straight, and not the very connor(4,4 4,0 and 0,4). I don't go near the edge(as in never step in the grass bordering the edge) or go for a patch if its in the 4 range but another is right beside it.

What am I doing wrong?!? I know every chain breaks, and sometimes they break for no reason, but this many times? If it matters, my chain has been broken by a sneasel every time except for one in squares that are 4,3 3,4 4,2 and 2,4 from the spot where the pokeradar was used.

Please help, I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't expect to be so easily messed up when Im being extrememly careful and taking even more time than I think I need(once took 20 minutes to find at "safe" patch at 32 chain, it broke).
    Pokemon Black FC: 2279 6041 6159

Normally when I get to the 25-30 i make sure that at least 3 patches shake the same.30- 40 all patchs shake the same. I stop chaining at 37 or 38 cause my chains like to break when i try going higher. Don't go into 4x3 patches they almost always break it's okay from 1-10 in the chain but should stop after.

@generalDi Are using a pokemon at a high enough lv. Because it use to happen to me when would switch to a lower lvl to sync. I would get a random encounter.
    Last edited by ChaChi; 14th March 2012 at 7:32 AM.

When im chaining I stick to all the rules.I always use the same pokemon as its level 94 and has more than enough moves to last a 40 chain.I always make sure the space is atleast 4 spaces away and I always go to the furthest space if there is more than one space thats further than 4 spaces away.I do make sure I stick to every single rule as I wrote them down.
    I just dont get it.its quite frustrating

Static electabuzz , voltorb swarming on route 118 . Game on.

Following the rules very closely , especially when I've chained over 15, But every time a chatot brakes my chain
    Around 30-32 . Every time . Same patch . Same rules yeti just seem to get screwed over .

I'm yet to chain a shiny , and it's the only method left for me to obtain one . I've done all other methods , MM bein my most successful hunting method .

Is the game just royally screwing with us? Ive even sometimes only entred a patch when all shakes are the same. But BAMMMMMM
    Chatot pops up and laughs at me . FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!

This one should be easy right? I learnt to chain down by pastoria in the rain for croagunk . And my 3 highest chains are 31, 41 and 42 .
    No shiny tho . Game again just laughed at me and randomly broke my chains .

I no I don't have the best of patience with things but come on ...

I'm guna keep trying this voltorb hunt for the rest of the evening though , then knuckle down at the weekend and really give this chaining
    Thing a blast .
    my current soulsilver team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God dammit! Just got a chain of 36 geodude and a fecking houndo
    ur broke my chain!!!
    I officially hate houndour

I managed to secure two shiny snover last night after reaching my first chain of 40! One is Rash natured while the other is jolly natured. Initially I was hoping for a lonely natured snover, but then I realized that with it's 100% accuracy blizzard, I would rather have a rash one instead. Very happy with them. Big thanks to both Shuko and Merbear though I doubt either of theme will ever see this. Thanks to as well to those who encouraged me to keep trying since I had a lot of bad luck at the start.

Next, im going to try to catch a shiny ponyta or two, I really like their shiny sprites. On a semi related note about my next target, after ponyta id like to try doing eevee. Are eevee hard to chain, would it be a bad idea for a beginner like me?

Quote Originally Posted by IceMage88 View Post
    I managed to secure two shiny snover last night after reaching my first chain of 40! One is Rash natured while the other is jolly natured. Initially I was hoping for a lonely natured snover, but then I realized that with it's 100% accuracy blizzard, I would rather have a rash one instead. Very happy with them. Big thanks to both Shuko and Merbear though I doubt either of theme will ever see this. Thanks to as well to those who encouraged me to keep trying since I had a lot of bad luck at the start.

Next, im going to try to catch a shiny ponyta or two, I really like their shiny sprites. On a semi related note about my next target, after ponyta id like to try doing eevee. Are eevee hard to chain, would it be a bad idea for a beginner like me?
    Congrats on the 2 shiny snover,did u get one shiny straight after the other.
    personally I think you should just go for eeveee but the grass patch is rather small so you will be using alot of max repel , its all fun at the end of the day until your chain is broken near the 40 mark.I nearly launched my 3ds across the room

Thanks, I really like them. I caught one at 38 chain and then the other at 40 after about 15 max repels.
    I might go for eevee next, shiny umbreon looks sweet, but apparently eevee is pretty hard so I might need more practice first.
    I know what you mean too, chaining is frusterating. The night before I caught my shinies, a sneasel broke my chain at 38, I sighed, put my ds down discouraged and gave up for the night. Good luck with your chaining for geodude, just keep at it and im sure you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    @generalDi Are using a pokemon at a high enough lv. Because it use to happen to me when would switch to a lower lvl to sync. I would get a random encounter.
    Ohh yeah that makes sense, whenever I reach 40 I usually have a low level ralts for sync and something like geodude ends up breaking it, thanks for the tip! Just caught an adamant shiny phanpy at chain of 3!
    Currently hunting for shiny Scraggy

Shinies obtained:

Congrats on all the shinies chain I got 4 shiny sevipers last week.

@generalId Yeah just make sure to switch back to ur high lvl after ur shiny patch. I use empoleon to do most of my chains then change to a low ralts that's right in front of the shiny patch. Then just continue to reset.

I haven't made a shiny chain yet, but I'm intending to go for Shinx, then for Noctowl. The highest I've gotten for them are 28 and 39. I was disappointed when they broke. Naturally, for chaining the Shinxes, I'm using a Flaafy with Static so Shinx appear commonly, as well as Super Repels, and other stuff like that. It's actually surprisingly hard.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Yesterday I tried chaining roselia. I got to 27 and an Igglybuff broke my chain.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    340 hordes for Female Nidoran
    540 encounters on route 210
    8059 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

Hi all. I am thinking about returning to my gen 4 games and using the pokeradar to chain some shinies again. As you can see in my sig i have managed to chain quite a lot of shinies this way. Well anyway i have been down the list of easiest pokemon to chain and gotten virtually all of the easiest ones however i checked the list of radar exclusives and i have many yet to obtain from that list.

So my plan was to go through the list and pick some favourites of mine and attempt to chain those. Downside is the lower appearance % but hopefully i can find a decent one to try. I was wondering if anyone else here has managed to chain any of the radar exclusives (particularly Torkoal and Bagon) and what advice you could give? Especially considering certain places to chain are very difficult. There is a list around the forums with verdicts on the routes etc.
    Shinies are good.

Today i got my first chaining shiny.an Electrike.she is so cute.^-^
    I aught her in a quick ball and since my chain is still going i'm looking for more.:3
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Hello all. I recently ended my Chain of Nidoran F and obtained 45 shinies!

Also on my current chain of Torkoal i have 8 shinies and it is still going. Also my first shiny in the chain was an early shiny patch at 38 (not really early but still before 40) and i kept it going (almost gave up as the first shiny patch to appear after reaching 40 was taking so long).

congratulations to everyone else of thier succesful shinies!
    Shinies are good.

So today I decided I would chain for snorunt and This had to be a bit lucky as I get to chain 22 and reseting for patch a patch to go into I end up getting a shiny patch ends up being male with hasty nature. So I keep going and on my 27th I get a shiny female with timid exactly what I wanted never before have gotten 2 shinies before 40 let alone 30. I kept going just for practice since it had been awhile got to 36 then I accidentally slipped my finger across my ds and pushed me into a patch grr but still got the shinies I wanted.

Keep up with ur hunt and I plan on doing bagons after I mm.

Just officially got my first chained shiny. A swarming phanphy on a chain of 3. That patch did something strange and I was like... "SHINY!!!!!!11!11!!1!"

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast