Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Well i have been on a lil chaining spree and im actually proud of myself. I manage to chain one of the hardest chain which is duskull only 2% rate, then i decided i would go for spoink, and just now did gastly. One will be as Gengar the other and gastly.

I may do beldum, and trapinch and press my luck in the desert which i think is one of the hardest area personally.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

i returned to sinnoh on saturday just to take a break from unova..on platinum trying to get a shiny turtwig to start off the game... wanted to come back to chain some pokemon i want on my team.. maybe getting a shiny giratina later in the game..
    my shiny pokemon channel: www.youtube.com/enrikillo3000

White 2 FC: 1765 - 1067 - 8393 Name: Quique
    X FC: 0344- 9335- 3216 Name: Kique

my shiny collection:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChi View Post
    Well i have been on a lil chaining spree and im actually proud of myself. I manage to chain one of the hardest chain which is duskull only 2% rate, then i decided i would go for spoink, and just now did gastly. One will be as Gengar the other and gastly.

I may do beldum, and trapinch and press my luck in the desert which i think is one of the hardest area personally.
    Hi congratulations on your chaining. Are you chaining in platinum? Because i'm sure there is a higher % rate in platinum for Duskull.

I have a shiny Spoink. I only got one though as it was when i was new to chaining and i made a very bad mistake and broke my chain. I have struggled ever since to get a chain of Spoink back to 40 so i can get more. I also have a shiny Snorunt. I never got the chain to 40, got early shiny patch at chain 2 and the chain broke at 10. Shame as i wanted to get more shiny Snorunt so i could get both evolutions shiny. Same as Spoink i've had trouble getting a chain of 40. And i have never tried Gastly, with my attempts at Duskull always failing.

Do you have any tips for chaining these pokemon?
    Shinies are good.

Yayyyyy today, after a LONG time, I decided to chain again, to get new members for my all shiny team on HG. So I went to look for meditites near the entrance of Mt coronet, found one, started chained, brought it all up till 40 on my first try, and the first shiny patch appared 3 or 4 repels later <3 Now my Equilibre is a fully grown blue Medicham and she's absolutely gorgeous.
    Now all I need for the last spot of my HG team is a grass/electric pkmn for supereffectiveness against water. Soooo.....I want to chain either an Oddish or a Bellsprout on the big island in route 230.

PROBLEM: the pkmn there are so high-levelled that it's impossible to keep them from showing up even with the repells. Any suggestions?

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Yayyyyy today, after a LONG time, I decided to chain again, to get new members for my all shiny team on HG. So I went to look for meditites near the entrance of Mt coronet, found one, started chained, brought it all up till 40 on my first try, and the first shiny patch appared 3 or 4 repels later <3 Now my Equilibre is a fully grown blue Medicham and she's absolutely gorgeous.
    Now all I need for the last spot of my HG team is a grass/electric pkmn for supereffectiveness against water. Soooo.....I want to chain either an Oddish or a Bellsprout on the big island in route 230.

PROBLEM: the pkmn there are so high-levelled that it's impossible to keep them from showing up even with the repells. Any suggestions?
    You are going to have to either pal park up some very high level pokemon from gen 3 games (if possible) or level your pokemon to around level 60. My pokemon on my gen 4 games are all above level 60 so no problem with route 230. Apart from that you'll have to chain somewhere with lower level wild pokemon unfortunately. Do you have Platinum? I noticed your grass/electric pokemon you need for your HG team and Roselia is the easiest grass type to chain in Platinum as it has higher appearance rates (45%) compared to most other grass pokemon who all seem to have no higher than 20%. Also Electric types are all easy to chain with a static pokemon in front so you have better choices there with most electric types having over 50% appearance rate. I hope this helps?
    Shinies are good.

Well I only recently learnt how to chain and was doing well with a Bidoof! I got it all the way up to 34...and it was broken...by a bidoof? WTF!
    how can a bidoof break it's own chain! -.- oh well trying again...

-Edit-
    After starting another chain I managed to get a shiny Flaafy wanted to get more but a slip of the finger caused me to run into a Floatzel -.- . Oh well still great :]

Beside the Nature (Jolly -Sp.Atk +Spd)
    Last edited by Franzo; 14th April 2012 at 1:31 PM. Reason: Update
    3DS Friend Code (PM me if you add): 2019-9647-2767
    X IGN: Finn
    Friend Safari: BUG - Volbeat, Ledyba, Vivillon

Looking for HOUNDOOMINITE.

Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Chained Ditto yesterday, was excruciating. Had the chain break randomly about 6 times in the 30s. I finally go it to 40 and it took over 100 super repels for a shiny patch to appear. I thought i was going crazy because usually the shiny patch appears pretty quickly after 40. It took 45 super repels to get to 40, then it took 105 super repels to find the first shiny. Thats the first time its ever taken more repels AFTER i reach 40 than it took to actually GET TO 40.
    Shinies for trade...
    x5
    x1
    x1
    x2
    x1
    x1
    Im willing to do package deals (as in 2 or even 3 for 1 ) for certain shinies

If interested, PM me offers. I have alot of shinies but i have the fewest from 5 gen, so thats your best bet.

Hi everyone. Just to let you know i have been chaining again. Since my previous post where i mentioned Torkoal i ended up with only ten shiny Torkoal as i had enough of the waiting for shiny 11 and was using a lot of super/max repels. Well anyway i have also chained Roselia (third chain) and gotten two more shinies, i accidentally went out of radar range but it is ok i have ten shiny Roselia in total now. Also i managed to chain Shellos in platinum and got 14 shinies. Currently i am chaining Magnemite (2nd time) and have so far captured 8 more shinies (first chain i got 3). I hope everyone else is having fun chaining and congratulations to all recent shiny acquisitions.
    Shinies are good.

So I just had my first successful weekend of chaining. Friday night I caught a shiny geodude. Was so excited I exited the chain right then and saved. Today I was more reserved and chained a good part of the day with breaks here and there. The result was 3 Shiny Shinx. One of them Calm, one of them Lonely, and the other one Bold.

So I suppose I have 2 for trade fodder? Which of the 3 would you keep and raise based on it's nature?

Ok shiny magnemite chain ended at 24. I chose to do this as i was getting bored. And i have just ended my shiny Geodude chain with 26 more shinies to add to my previous 5. I think am going to try a swarm or something i haven't got yet. Don't know what to choose though.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 27th April 2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Wow. I'm having a big problem chaining for Ponyta. After having a very successful weekend chaining as described above, I'm having all kinds of problems chaining for Ponyta on route 210. No matter how careful I am, it seems like the chain breaks at 20-30 every time.

UGH!!

BAM! Finally got the chain to 40 last night and picked up 3 shiny Ponytas.

I need one of thos fancy graphics that shows my Shinys in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadRT View Post
    BAM! Finally got the chain to 40 last night and picked up 3 shiny Ponytas.

I need one of thos fancy graphics that shows my Shinys in my signature.
    Wow congratulations! I only managed to get one shiny ponyta two years ago by chaining. I was very disappointed but i had only just started out back then and i accidentally broke the chain. I was so angry with myself i don't think i attempted chaining for a week after. But that was two years ago now. I have tried a few times since then at chaining ponyta again but never gotten to 40 again. I wanted at least 10 shiny ponyta (dunno why ten but it just seems a good number to have for variety).

Oh news on my chains, i uccessfully chained Raticate on route 226 and so far have captured ten shinies. I am not sure how much longer i am going to go on for with this chain as ten is more than enough especially as it is already evolved so don't need anymore really. I guess i am keeping it going because i don't know what else to chain as i have done all the easy ones. I could go for Fearow as it has a 40% encounter rate on route 226 during day.

Edit 29/04/2012- hi everyone, just to let you know i have doubled my ten shiny raticate now and i am considering ending the chain now.

Edit 30/04/2012 - Hi again everyone, just to let you all know i did end my chain after getting 20 shiny raticate. I tried to chain Ponyta to 40 but failed, i got an early shiny patch on chain 20 though and managed to captured my 2nd shiny ponyta in 2 years! however like all but one (swarming voltorb) of my previous early shiny patch chains it did break soon after. I don't know if there is something about early shiny patches and chains breaking or if it is just random luck. Was annoyed as i did get to 33 but am not so annoyed because i did get one shiny. I am going to try chaining ponyta again another time but my target now has to be something else, snorunt probably on platinum.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 30th April 2012 at 3:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Shinies are good.

Just got a shiny Roselia on a chain at #31, gonna keep on going and try and get at least one more shiny in this chain if I can without too much time spent.

Only my second radar shiny, after a Bidoof I caught last week. XD

EDIT- the chain broke at 38. :/ stupid Pichu, lol

Onward to my next target!
    Last edited by EmeraldPhoenix; 1st May 2012 at 1:43 AM.

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldPhoenix View Post
    Just got a shiny Roselia on a chain at #31, gonna keep on going and try and get at least one more shiny in this chain if I can without too much time spent.

Only my second radar shiny, after a Bidoof I caught last week. XD

EDIT- the chain broke at 38. :/ stupid Pichu, lol

Onward to my next target!
    Congratulations on the shiny. Roselia shiny is one of my favourites, i have ten from three different chains. Do you have platinum? A good place to chain Roselia in platinum is route 229 as it has 45% appearance rate so easy to chain.

Edit - 19/05/2012 hi everyone i just wanted to update you on my recent shinies. I have just chained Spoink again and managed to obtain another 2 shinies to go with my single shiny from a chain two years ago. I am so happy i got some more as i can now evolve one for a shiny Grumpig too. Also the first one was an early shiny patch at 30before i got the chain up to 40 and reset a few times for the 2nd shiny patch.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 19th May 2012 at 1:54 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Hello everyone, i noticed this thread had slipped off of the first page so here is a little bump.

Update on my chains, i managed to get 23 shiny spoink from my previous chain. I am now on a chain of Araidos and so far have obtained 7 shinies. I wasn't pllaning on going for Ariados either, i was going for Pidgey so i could get at least one more so i could have the whole evolution family in shiny form but the chains got to around 25ish and kept breaking. I got Ariados and thought what the hell and managed to get the chain all the way up to 40 which is odd because it is a 20% appearance pokemon and all my other efforts like Ralts on platinum and Snorunt have been failures. #

Anyway congratulations everyone on your recent shinies. I hope you continue to chain and are more successful.
    Shinies are good.

sweet lord, congrats on all the shinies. o.o

After chaining almost all day yesterday, I finally managed to get a decent chain that didn't break. I was chaining Pachirisu at the Windworks and at 32, I decided to just keep resetting. About ten minutes later I got a shiny patch and voila!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I was actually going after Mareep, but it was taking a while for one to appear and this little bugger kept popping up, so I went for it.

My current target is Nincada in Eterna Forest... So far I've managed to find one of them, and the chain broke at the second try... I was going for Lotad earlier, but it took like 20 minutes to find even one and the chain kept breaking early. Decided to skip to another area.

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldPhoenix View Post
    sweet lord, congrats on all the shinies. o.o

After chaining almost all day yesterday, I finally managed to get a decent chain that didn't break. I was chaining Pachirisu at the Windworks and at 32, I decided to just keep resetting. About ten minutes later I got a shiny patch and voila!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I was actually going after Mareep, but it was taking a while for one to appear and this little bugger kept popping up, so I went for it.

My current target is Nincada in Eterna Forest... So far I've managed to find one of them, and the chain broke at the second try... I was going for Lotad earlier, but it took like 20 minutes to find even one and the chain kept breaking early. Decided to skip to another area.
    Thank you. At the last count of my shinies (not counting event shinies or the red gyarados) i have over 520 (i can't remember the exact number now i forgot to write it down) across my 4th and 5th gen games (with my only 3rd gen shiny still on Emerald version).

Yeah i have had trouble going for Nincada, was my target last time i went to the forest but ended up with Wurmple everytime i tried to find it and went with it. Congratulations on the pachirisu. A similar thing happened with me at the windworks too, i was going for either mareep or buizel and kept getting pachirisu so i decided to go for it and i managed to get 9 shinies. Also it was my only chain to date where on one reset of the pokeradar i had TWO shiny patches show at the same time. My choice was obvious though one was on a corner patch so very dangerous and the other was only two steps away. Oh my Ariados chain i decided to break after i got ten shinies, i was running low on max/super repels and i was getting bored of capturing them to be honest, again not my planned target, was pidgey but oh well i got shinies out of it. I am unsure what my next target will be, maybe Nincada again, maybe gastly or something i haven't chained yet that shows up wherever i attempt chaining.

Edit - 27/05/2012 hi everyone just an update on my shiny hunting, well i didn't expect anything so i am surprised but i checked the swarm and it was something i already had multiple shinies of so decided against going for it. I chose to go to route 229 again as i know there are many pokemon there i have yet to try chaining properly. I got Weepinbell and managed to get the chain up to 40 and have so far obtained ten shinies with the chain still active. I am putting the ds in sleep mode while i decide whether to go on for more shinies or break the chain.

Edit - 28/05/2012 Hello everyone, update on my chaining, i got another 5 shiny Weepinbell before i ended the chain. The swarm of the day wasn't one i wanted so i decided to go for Abra on route 203, i have been successful and gotten the chain up to 40 and also gotten four shinies so far. The chain is still going so hopefully i can get another 6 and then possibly end the chain. I have tried to chain for a shiny abra so many times when i started chaining two years ago and each one failing so i am very happy with the results now. I think i am running out of chaining options now..

Edit - 01/06/2012 hi everyone, update on chaining: i ended my abra chain after obtaining 20 shinies. That was a few days ago i just forgot to update back then, since then though i have been battling the rich old people for money to stock up on tons of luxury/nest/dusk balls etc. I am trying to find another target to go for on pearl version but i am running out of options to be honest.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 1st June 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Shinies are good.

Dear god, the more I read about this Pokéradar stuff, the least I understand x__x

Angry

I've been trying to chain a Ralts but I kept breaking the chain at about 22, my highest chain. I decided to go for something simpler and I chose Starlys. I was getting really excited as I had got the chain to 35 and I was thinking I was going to get my first radar shiny. But, of course, a Bidoof gatecrashed and destroyed the chain. That's just my luck! I'm going to try and get the Starly again now, but I am not expecting to get to 40.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 6th June 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I've been trying to chain a Ralts but I kept breaking the chain at about 22, my highest chain. I decided to go for something simpler and I chose Starlys. I was getting really excited as I had got the chain to 35 and I was thinking I was going to get my first radar shiny. But, of course, a Bidoof gatecrashed and destroyed the chain. That's just my luck! I'm going to try and get the Starly again now, but I am not expecting to get to 40.
    Hi. I have some advice. I chained Starly and found the best route was 201 rather than the other places. Something that is possible is once getting to 35ish you could stop there and just reset the radar for shinies. To be honest though Starly is quite an easy target but it has equal chance of showing up as Bidoof on route 201. However keep to the 4 away patches and whatever patch type you found the first Starly in and you should be fine. Sometimes the chain breaks for no reason (obviously is a reason but one we couldn't pick out for 100% certainty).

I do understand your pain about Ralts though. I have been successful once but only got one shiny, i cannot remember what happened i think it may have been an early shiny patch in a chain that i never got to 40 or i broke the chain by accident. I have tried a few times to get it again but mine usually break around the 25 mark. I am so annoyed though because i need another 3 shiny ralts to get the whole ralts "family" in shiny form.
    Shinies are good.

Okay so I've been chaining Snubbull for 2 days and I was lucky that today was another day for the swarm. I got to 40 and I AM STILL resetting my radar. I have gone through 24 ish Super Repels and I still haven't caught ONE shiny Snubbull.

Edit: Used 39 repels after I reached 40 on my chain. Didn't find a shiny patch. I took a chance, and I broke my chain. Restarting my hunting.
    Last edited by flyer1228; 7th June 2012 at 7:33 AM.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

The first and only pokemno I've chained was a shinx.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Hello everyone. I have some good news. I haven't been chaining for a while as i had been MMing on 5th gen games for the last week (had no luck) so i decided to go back to gen 4 and try chaining anything i hadn't tried. I went to route 229 and got Oddish first but the chain broke at ten and a 2nd chain broke around 15. I was getting annoyed but then i got Gloom. I have now managed to get the chain to 40 and so far have captured three shinies so can have gloom and both evolutions in shiny form. I suppose i could MM for a shiny Oddish someday if i really want it, same with the others where i chained an evolved form. I am happy i got those shinies. I haven't updated my signature yet but will do soon.

I still have Venomoth and Volbeat/Illumise to go for yet and i think a few more on route 229.
    Shinies are good.

Okay. I have chained and caught the ones in my signature. (Zigzagoon, Ralts, Sentret, and Phanphy) I have ones that I have reached 40, but have not gotten a shiny. Doduo and Snubbull. I have only caught 1 of each of those mentioned.

QUESTION: After you've chained to 40, how many Super repels do you use until 1. shiny?

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast