Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1073

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Oh Wow! I cannot believe it. Finally i have gotten my shiny Absol after many failed attempts. I have been trying to chain absol and get the chain to 40 for 2 years. Well the chain is at 30 as the 30th Absol was in a shiny patch which kindly appeared for me. I had actually had a lot of failed chaining attempts before it as well so was going really careful with this current chain as it changed days so the swarm would be something else. I am so glad i got a shiny, i am hoping to reach 40 but with all my other chains where an early shiny patch shows up it usually breaks soon after. I am happy whatever happens though as i did get one shiny absol. I'll have to update my signature now too.

Edit (2nd august 11:03am)- Ok i got a 2nd shiny Absol shortly after the first one but like all my previous chains where i have gotten early shiny patches before chain 40 it broke. I am not upset at all though because i did get two shinies from the chain. And i hate chaining on route 213 anyway so i have gotten my shinies from there now. I think i will see what swarm i have on platinum, i don't have much left to chain really. I find it more difficult to chain pokemon with low appearance rates though like the ones with 20% and below as i wanted to chain Snorunt, Gastly etc but they have such low % that chains tend to break more than swarming and other higher appearance % pokemon.

Edit 2 (4th august 12:51am)- Hello everyone would just like to say i have managed to sucessfully get a Snorunt chain to 40 and have so far captured NINE shinies from it so i now have TEN in total including my early shiny patch Snorunt from two years ago. I always wanted to get more because i wanted to get both evolutions in shiny form and with only having one and it being male i couldn't get shiny Frosslass but now i can. I think i will stop the chain soon.

Edit 3 (5th august 12:55am) - Hello everyone i am just updating on my Snorunt chain. I managed to capture FIFTEEN shiny Snorunt before ending the chain on purpose. I am unsure what my next target is yet but i'll be back on here to let you know.

Edit 4 (8th august) - Hello everyone, just an update i have chained Pidgey and have captured FOURTEEN shinies from this current chain brining my total number up to 16 with my previous two from last year. I am thinking of stopping at the 15th shiny.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 8th August 2012 at 2:32 PM.
    Shinies are good.

i'm now working on mr backlot or whoever to get me an eevee. how long does the pokemon stay in the garden? I mean, if you don't leave does it not go away until you talk to him again? Also any tips on chaining eevee?
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Quote Originally Posted by Claus351 View Post
    i'm now working on mr backlot or whoever to get me an eevee. how long does the pokemon stay in the garden? I mean, if you don't leave does it not go away until you talk to him again? Also any tips on chaining eevee?
    IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN (ANYONE CAN CORRECT ME)
    I think you will still have the same TG pokemon until you talk to him again. You can have 2 different pokemon there. You can arrange it by saving in front of Mr Backlot or whoever before midnite. If you don't get the pokemon you want, you can soft reset again until he says your pokemon is there (change the time too).

For Eevee, you can stop at chain 20 and start resetting for shiny if it's difficult for you to chain. But it takes time for the sparkled patch to appear.
    There 2 chaining guides if I'm not mistaken, read the first page. I usually follow the second guide by 13mjvr. It requires very perfect chaining moves.
    I'm not sure w/ anything lately. Edit: Where can you chain happiny? *__* Oh TG, lol. And I just got shiny Cleffa last month.

Last edited by Cutty; 8th August 2012 at 9:27 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Hello everyone. I have some news. Well i have Recently finished chaining Tyrogue. I ended the chain with FIFTEEN more to add to my previous three and i am now happy i can get the whole evolution line in shiny form. I am going for Ralts next i think. I only have one and need at least three more for the whole evolution line. Not many pokemon left to chain really. Some 20% appearance ones left i could try but not many. I think it is such a shame pokeradar was not added to Gen V.

Oh and congratulations to all recent shinies everyone!
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by help View Post
    Well according to this http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...20#post7463620

you have a 1/800 chance of seeing the shiny patch with a chain of 25 so that's pretty good odds. With a chain of 25 it might take you 100 max repels, but as long as you're patient you should be fine. also check out my guide to chaining in my signature if you're having trouble chaining.
    Uh, just FYI, 1/800 chance of seeing the shiny patch is 0.00125% chance, I wouldn't really consider that good odds. :/
    Highly recommended to reach 40, no reason to stay that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Uh, just FYI, 1/800 chance of seeing the shiny patch is 0.00125% chance, I wouldn't really consider that good odds. :/
    Highly recommended to reach 40, no reason to stay that low.
    40 is the BEST chain to reach, fingers crossed at a chain of 25 is utter bullshit.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

Hello everyone. I have news again. I have managed to get ONE shiny misdreavus. It was a shock as it was an early shiny patch i had not expected. I was annoyed that the chain broke soon after the shiny though because i thought it was a safe 4-away patch but oh well i got a shiny out of it. I wasn't trying too hard to be honest because i wanted to get Nincada as my target or even Buneary would've been alright. I am so happy with the shiny though so i may take a break from chaining for a while and think about my next targets.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross Guy View Post
    40 is the BEST chain to reach, fingers crossed at a chain of 25 is utter bullshit.
    You don't cross your fingers, you keep on resetting. It takes awhile though.

Good job there Scrufox. Bueary is of my chaining targets too!

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    You don't cross your fingers, you keep on resetting. It takes awhile though.

I know

:L

Hello everyone. I have some more news. I have managed to chain Magmar up to 40 and have so far gotten THREE shinies from this chain. I am so pleased! I have tried many times to get this chain to 40 so i could get a shiny Magmar and now i finally have it. I am going to keep going with the chain for a few more and then think of my next target. Most likely Ralts.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have some more news. I have managed to chain Magmar up to 40 and have so far gotten THREE shinies from this chain. I am so pleased! I have tried many times to get this chain to 40 so i could get a shiny Magmar and now i finally have it. I am going to keep going with the chain for a few more and then think of my next target. Most likely Ralts.
    Good job bloke!

Anyone from Platinum happen to have acquired a shiny croagunk?

Ok update everyone. I have gotten more shiny Magmar. The total shinies at the moment stands at FOURTEEN. I think i may just get one more for the 15th and then end the chain. Congratulations on all other recently gained shinies everyone.

Edit - update on chain i ended the chain after i got the 20th shiny magmar. I also have just started my quest for shiny ralts family and i have been surprised. Just now i got an early shiny patch on chain 7 and have successfully captured my first shiny from this chain already making my total shiny Ralts now TWO. I am hoping to continue this chain up to 40 and get more shinies.
    Congratulations again to everyone who has gotten any shinies recently.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 18th August 2012 at 1:58 PM.
    Shinies are good.

Hello! I've been a long time lurker on Serebii, but this is my first time posting.

Anyway, I developed a hobby for chaining a long time ago, but took a break from it. I managed to catach a Miltank, a couple Bagons, several Eevees, and some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Had the urge to start chaining again, so I decided to start posting here as a way to track my progress, and to share my journey with others. Not sure what I'll start chaining first...I'm thinking either Girafarig or Sudowoodo. There was a Beldum swarm today, but I rage quit because the sandstorm was too distracting. xD

About the Sandstorm, IIRC if you set the backlight on your DS to the minimum, it makes it easier to see the patches.

I was able to chain Beldum, Hippodown, and Dugtrio doing this.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I think the person knows/reads the guidelines already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
    Hello! I've been a long time lurker on Serebii, but this is my first time posting.

Anyway, I developed a hobby for chaining a long time ago, but took a break from it. I managed to catach a Miltank, a couple Bagons, several Eevees, and some others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Had the urge to start chaining again, so I decided to start posting here as a way to track my progress, and to share my journey with others. Not sure what I'll start chaining first...I'm thinking either Girafarig or Sudowoodo. There was a Beldum swarm today, but I rage quit because the sandstorm was too distracting. xD
    Where do you chain? Go for Bonsly instead in D/P (if I'm not mistaken).

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

i accidentally ran into a shiny machoke on the route near survival area. Caught it with a quick ball.
    My Pokemon Team (soulsilver)

I tried to chain before. I've gotten to about 25 2 times without it breaking. It's one of those things I'd love to know how to do well but I can't D:
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Where do you chain? Go for Bonsly instead in D/P (if I'm not mistaken).

Totally forgot that you can't catch Sudowoodo in Diamond (which is what I'm playing). So that's obviously out of the question now! xD

Anyway, I had absolutely terrible luck yesterday. I broke pretty much every chain I started. Except for one. I managed to get a Shellos chain up to 40. I must've had 20 or so Max Repels at that point, but still didn't manage to find even one shiny before I ran out. Needless to say, I was very discouraged after that.

Today was much better though. I started chaining Ponytas and made it all the way to 40 again. I managed to catch 3 shinies (all of which were found in less than 10 Max Repels) before accidentally running into a Geodude. I was hoping to catch around 10, but Ponyta and Rapidash are some of my favorite shinies, so I'm more than thrilled to have even one.

Totally forgot that you can't catch Sudowoodo in Diamond (which is what I'm playing). So that's obviously out of the question now! xD

Anyway, I had absolutely terrible luck yesterday. I broke pretty much every chain I started. Except for one. I managed to get a Shellos chain up to 40. I must've had 20 or so Max Repels at that point, but still didn't manage to find even one shiny before I ran out. Needless to say, I was very discouraged after that.

Today was much better though. I started chaining Ponytas and made it all the way to 40 again. I managed to catch 3 shinies (all of which were found in less than 10 Max Repels) before accidentally running into a Geodude. I was hoping to catch around 10, but Ponyta and Rapidash are some of my favorite shinies, so I'm more than thrilled to have even one.
    Wow congratulations on the shiny Ponytas i am also at the same time envious of you because i have had trouble chaining ponyta. I have had some luck though, while never being able to get the chain to 40 to begin resetting for shiny patches, i have on two separate chains gotten TWO early shiny patches so i do have those at least and yeah my target was also around ten. I think i will try chaining them again but not for a while.

Congratulations to all other recent shinies. I have not been chaining much lately, i have been swtiching between platinum and pearl versions with my attempts but not gotten anymore shinies or successful chains to 40 recently.
    Shinies are good.

Well i decided to go back and do some chaining, so i decided i would go for Nidoran (m) manage to get 3, and also finally afters day and days of reseting to get a pidgey swarm i finally got it and got a total of 6 so happy i been wanting my golden pidgeotto.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

^Cool. But I got the 1/8192 one in HG/SS, male and female

Ponyta is my first ever chained shiny. At first I didn't know, like most of all first chainer, that I just needed to stop chaining at 40 and start restarting. But I kept going and ended up breaking my chaining. My next attempts I finally got to 40 chain of Ponyta again and managed to catch 4 shinies.^^

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Haven't had any major luck as far as chaining goes. Managed to chain Cubone up to 40 and caught one shiny. But that was a chain I decided to do on a whim, so I'm happy, but not going crazy like I did with my Ponyta chain.

I just started a Tauros chain a few minutes ago, got it 3 or 4, but it broke. HOWEVER, it broke to a random shiny Bibarel! My first ever random shiny in any game past Gen III! I'm so stoked right now that I don't even care about how worthless Bibarel is! I've heard stories about peoples' chains breaking to random shinies. But I never imagined it would happen to me!

Now, time to catch this sucker and start chaining Tauros again, lol!

My chains always break before I hit 10.

I think one hit 13 or 14 but that's about the highest I've gotten so far.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    My chains always break before I hit 10.

I think one hit 13 or 14 but that's about the highest I've gotten so far.
    Have you read the guides on the first page of this thread? I read the first two as they both have valuable informartion which helped me to have better chains. If you need any proof just look at how many different types of pokemon i have chained and gotten shinies of in my signature.
    Shinies are good.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast