Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,073 of 1073

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

After quite a while, I had decided to try my hand at chaining. I was getting extremely annoyed, looking for any shinies. Amazingly enough, I randomly chained a Starly... -_-

I got to 40 chain of Buizel in my US Diamond yesterday, it's quite fast, but the shiny resetting took me almost one hour for the first shiny patch to appear... <.< I'm leaving my DS on sleep mode so later on I can reset for at least one more shiny Buizel to evolve...
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I still have absolutely no luck with chaining no matter how carefully I try. Tried to chain shinx, got to 8 before a bidoof butted in and I never got the chain back. Then tried to chain starly but had the same problem. Finally gave up >.< The gods of chaining hate me.

yesterday i chained 4 times and all of them were about 35-39 and then they broke ..I have a question.If will appear 3 patches then one will be hiding?And if i step to it then my chain will be break?Or its just my theory?
    DON'T WORRY LADIES!BROCK IS HERE!

FOR TRADE:
    Lv70 Relaxed nature || ALAMOS Event
    x3 Lv50 Hardy,mild,bold nature || WIN2011 Modest flawless nature
    x2 Lv50 docile,naughty nature || GAMESTP
    x2 sassy,nasty nature || Oblivia
    adamant flawless nature || TRU
    Jolly flawless nature (MAY2010) || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event || TRU
    Shiny Event ||

Looking For any shiny(Prefer Pokeradar's)

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2w658r6.png[/IMG]

I've got a Maril at a chain of 47 right now (I know you only need to get up to 40 but I got bored), and I haven't come across a shiny patch in over an hour after reaching a chain of 40. None of the other Pokemon I have successfully chained have ever taken this long. I'm starting to get tired but I don't want to give up.

EDIT: GOT ONE!!
    Last edited by AdamSe7en; 29th May 2013 at 6:44 AM.
    FC: 3582-8784-1492
    IGN: Adam

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Ghost: Lampent, Phantump, Dusclops

I've had more luck with finding shiny Pokemon the natural random way than with the Pokeradar.
    B2/W2 Team
    My Favorites

Spoiler:- Shinies Spotted:

http://www.Facebook.com/GhostCult

Unhappy

Got a chain of 36 today with Luxio, and then a stupid Floatzel broke it
    Going to try for Magnemite or Tyrogue tomorrow, unless there is a nice swarm to pick from. Wish me luck!
    Newest Pokemon Game Owned: Heart Gold
    Current Heart Gold Team
    lv.75 lv.79 lv.99 Shiny lv.84 lv.87 lv.100

Current Diamond team
    lv.33 lv.25 lv.26 lv.4 lv.27 lv.25
    Wanted: Shiny Tyrogue (LV 1 preferably)
    Shinies lv.30 lv30 lv.32 lv.35 lv.99
    FT: lv.5 Relaxed

Good luck!

I have no luck whatsoever with chaining. The gods of chaining just plain hate me. No matter how careful I am I can't get a chain to run more than 8 pokemon. The two shinies I have that aren't canon (I have a shiny Haxorus but that's guaranteed once you reach the Nature Preserve in B/W2) were found by sheer dumb luck random encounters.

I just found a shiny patch! But, I went into another patch by accident.
    Well, time to restart. I will get a shiny today!
    Current Heart Gold Team

Current Diamond team

Really unlucky redsox4444!

Anyway, I just got a Chain to 40 with Spinda and then got 3 Shinies before the Chain broke at 43!

Good Luck everyone!

See ya!
    Planned ORAS Team:

Sprites Credit to: www.pokestadium.com

Quote Originally Posted by redsox4444 View Post
    I just found a shiny patch! But, I went into another patch by accident.
    Well, time to restart. I will get a shiny today!
    Yeah that sucks, I already lost a shiny Sneasel like this. >_<
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

I did it! At a chain of 41 found a shiny Starly! Up to 3 now and still going.
    Edit: Up to 4! Chain broke at 46
    Edit: 6/3/13. Got a shiny Machop at 7
    Last edited by redsox4444; 3rd June 2013 at 4:23 PM.
    Current Heart Gold Team

Current Diamond team

I got a shiny Zigzagoon a while ago at around 20 chain, but haven't gotten one since. And a question: Is there a difference between the sparkly and non-sparkly shaking patches when using the Pokéradar?
    My White 2 Team!
    Shinies:

Every time I try a sparkly shaking patch I either find a common pokemon I don't want, or one of the radar-only pokemon which I also don't want.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Chained 3 bidoofs and 1 Surskit. Managed to get the surskit and 1 bidoof early!

Edit: managed to get a Misdreavus early! But then the chain broke...

Edit: Managed to get a Nincada at 13. I'm afraid I'll kill it by accident so I'm trying to use sleep and intimidate to make it go into the pokeball. Caught it! 2nd shiny encountered at 22. Chain broke at a budew at 35.

Yakkocmn, the sparkly patches mean that any Pokemon could be hiding in that region. For example, Nincada is only found in Eterna Forest using the pokeradar. (it will only show up in te sparkly patches) the normal shaking patches will result in the normal Pokemon per say bidoof and starly on route 201.
    Last edited by flyer1228; 16th June 2013 at 9:03 PM.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

I have managed to chain many shinies: Roselia, Bidoof, Skarmory, Beldum, Starly, Shinx, Voltorb... It really is hard though and consumes both time and patience. But finding a shiny makes it worth of all that effort

I read tips and tricks from the net and here is few for you if you didn't know:

1. Always go to similarly shaking patches ONLY- if you start to chain "wildly" shaking patches don't go to "lazy" ones etc. (Sparkling shinies are of course exception :P)
    2. There is always 4 patches radar chooses in random pattern and the farthest away from you is the best option (if it shakes just like the previous did) so if you see less than four shaking it's best to reset since the best patch is outside the grass and doesn't exist.
    3. All chains will eventually break because of random chainbreakers so don't blame yourself- sometimes chain ends without any reason.... frustrating but true...
    4. Reset radar if you are unsure. Even a little chain boosts the probability of shiny patch
    5. NEVER step up after radaring unless you see all 4 patches- there may be a patch you didn't notice behind your overworld sprite.
    6. NEVER walk so far away from previous patches that they disappear from your screen- that will break your chain
    7. Buy tons of repels- be sure they won't end- it sucks if you see a shiny patch and repel wears off just before you reach it and then.....
    8. Use fieldeffects of abilities for your advantage- When the first in your party has Static it attracts more electric types than usual and so on.... Magnet Pull is especially useful when chaining Skarmory or Beldum for example.
    9. Select time so that there is less pokemon species in the selected area- for example in daytime you avoid chainbreaker-Zubats etc.- Daily pokemon are easy to chain also- so ask Dawn's sister what can be found and where.
    10. Shiny patches can be found with any chain (first patch can be shiny) and normal patches can also hold shiny pokemon (but probability is usual 1/8192) I received shiny Spoink from a non-shiny patch with chain of 8 pokemon....

Next Pokemon can always be shiny so don't lose your temper when random Bibarel breaks your chain I hope this helped someone....

Happy chaining!

Mh, I didn't notice that thread. That's neat!
    I actually got one shiny Shinx, three shiny Skitty and one shiny Geodude by chaining and I find it pretty easy, to be totally honest. My next targets are Budew and Magnemite, I think they aren't complicated to chain, too. And I love their shiny forms.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Mh, I didn't notice that thread. That's neat!
    I actually got one shiny Shinx, three shiny Skitty and one shiny Geodude by chaining and I find it pretty easy, to be totally honest. My next targets are Budew and Magnemite, I think they aren't complicated to chain, too. And I love their shiny forms.
    I wouldn't say it easy but it's not impossible if you have time and patience.

Magnemite is probably easy with magnet pull or static. I randomly found shiny magnemite in Heart Gold so I don't need to chain it :P . Unless I find more for training purposes of course.

Today I managed to find shiny Electrike with a chain of 30. I then caught it and tried to find another. With no avail though....

I managed to find many shiny zigzagoons today!
    Last edited by Blasting Toise; 20th June 2013 at 8:22 PM. Reason: More shines found!

the farthest i can chain is only 11 =(
    i've been trying in areas that have the least of what i don't want.
    though if i do get some i'd probally just move them up to my black 2 or heartgold save
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

I tried chaining once and got to around 58 before I broke it by accident. I was SOOO angry. The only shiny Pokémon I caught was a Zigzagoon... The shiny Pokémon I'm hunting for now is a Roselia.
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

Hello all. Is there anyone left who still chains? I thought I would post to bring this up because it will not show up until I specifically search for it. And I am thinking about chaining Eevee sometime soon. Anyone got any tips for that?
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

I started playing diamond a week ago and chained 5 shinx. Now im busy with eevee but not much luck.. i got 1 eevee at 32 and 2 patches later it broke. Tried again several times the next day and all chains broke around 30/35.. got very pissed and kinda gave up.

I'm looking for eevee about an hour now.. gahh
    Friendcode: 4957 3565 7086

GIF removed for being over the 500 KB limit. Please make sure you've read the signature rules and, if you're still not sure whether your signature is okay or not, use the signature check thread.

Did not have much luck lately.
    I Always seem to fail at 19-26.
    I cant believe that my first pokeradar shiny was Pichu and the chain went all the way to 63 (I mainly followed two rules only back then. Go to the furthest one and the same as the others)
    I cant seem to get much motivated lately.
    Small question.
    Did someone get a shiny patch the first time you use the radar (Before starting a chain)?
    I heard that it is possible but never got that myself.
    Current hunt:
    MM (2660 eggs)
    Claimed the best grass type ever!--------->

#TeamFennekin Waiting for Mega Serperior

I am not here.
    You can't see me.
    No, you didn't see me.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243