Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

I've got a chain of 40 Starlys before and still no Shiny is there something I'm doing wrong? I go in the same patch of grass and use max repels I don't get it

Teddiursa broke at 12 :/

ok well im new, yet not new to this and i was wondering, what does "reset the radar" mean?

Leaf Green:
    Badges: 8, E4 complete: 21:49

HeartGold:
    Badges: 8, Post E4

Mystery Dungeon Red: &

Quote Originally Posted by fatyeti4 View Post
    ok well im new, yet not new to this and i was wondering, what does "reset the radar" mean?
    resetting the radar is done like this,

ok so you have gotten your chain up to 40 or you used the poke radar and you didnt get good patches, to reset the radar just run back and forth without hitting a patch that shook when you used the poke radar.

then after 50 steps use the radar agian. thats it, so lets recap
    1.use the radar
    2.run back and forth
    3.then use the radar agian

just make sure that you have max repels, there ya go thats how

need a chansey or happiny or blissey with the move wish, will trade 6 shinys for it

name:Renesme

Fc:2879 7559 0271

thanks, hopefully that helps, ive had trouble keeping a chain.

Leaf Green:
    Badges: 8, E4 complete: 21:49

HeartGold:
    Badges: 8, Post E4

Mystery Dungeon Red: &

I was bored and decided to chain the first pokemon i saw in Mr. Backlot's mansion. It was Roselia,i beat one and i saw one patch different color,I was happy,it was the third shiny I caught,it relaxed,meh,at least its shiny.
    Last edited by rocko; 6th August 2009 at 8:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??

Quote Originally Posted by Black/Light View Post
    Is it just me or is it harder to chain in PLT
    No, im sorry but that has to be just you because chaining was made much more EASIER in platinum
    Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code: 1977-0735-3604
    Friend Safari: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Golurk
    Feel free to add me! Send me a pm if you do please!

hey everyone, Ever since I caught a shiny Mewtwo and Wingull I wanted to start hunting down shinies. So, Im pretty new to the chaining thing, but ive done alot of reading about it, and i seem to do everything right, i reset the radar if there are no patches that look right, i go to the furthest patch, i stay away from the edges and corners, and i dont pick the ones right next to another, but I can not get a chain going past 27. Ive hit 27 with 2 different pokemon, 22 with magmar, and 20 with phanphy. Im not getting lucky and coming across one at an early chain. so is there something i could be doing wrong? I do have a shiny in my party, would that affect it at all?
    So everyone please help! Thanks

just got my first pokeradar'd shiny-beldum. It was a miracle that I could see it through the sandstorm
    I have claimed Beedrill

Woot.

Just got a shiny Shinx on a chain of... 12.

But the nature is... Hardy /face palm.

I got really lucky I suppose. I have been trying to chain for about 2 weeks, though. Highest chain at 26.

Happy hunting guys!
    Pokérus spreader! PM me for a trade!
    Newbie - Adopt me!
    Up for a battle with <100 Poke'mon! I'm still a beginner! Wanna battle? Send me a message
    Wifi: 4640 5919 7860

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I managed to capture a shiny Starly when I was trying to chain a Nidoran last week, and I also hatched a shiny Gible a few hours later. I'm currently investigating to see if hell has frozen over.

i caught my shiny starly by accident
    i caught my shiny ponyta by accident
    i caught my shiny shinx on a chain of 3(got lucky)
    i caught my shiny meowth by accident

thats it so far for me i think

Broke my Beldum chain at 39

I had the option to pick a shiny FLOATZEL at the Battle Factory lol too bad I coudn't take it with me
    Looking For:

Shinies, EV'd Pokémon,Brightpowder,Events, Timid Kyogre. Careful Regirock, Careful Registeel, Calm Regice, and also the Hadou regis

Offering:

Can breed Pokemon upon request

Berries up to #64,Evolution Stones,Pokerus, Lucky Eggs, Light Balls, Heart Scales, Breedable Pokémon, Rare Candies, Vitamins, Certain TM's, Fossils, Training Pokémon

Just PM me to discuss FC = 3609 3310 0728

I can only trade during WEEKENDS due to school

I'm failing hard at this whole Pokeradar thing; At this point, I'm just trying to catch a non-shiny, run-of-the-mill Nidoran F... I'm Poke-radar-ing the heck out of Route 201, but I can't seem to find Nidorans of either gender. Which is odd.

Anyone have any idea why that might be?

Chained Mr. Mimes for a good hour yesterday, to no shiny avail. Kind of a pain, too. I'm thinking of switching targets to something else...

The Nidoran's have like 5&#37; of coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisatomaxon View Post
    i was wandering , what was this thread about??

Well, depending on version. I've tried in both Pearl (Where Nidoran M is around 10&#37 and Platinum (Where they're both around 6%). Could be bad luck, but in Pearl I still haven't seen Nidoran M either, who should be around 1/10.

This whole travesty could be avoided if I could just breed Nidoqueen. But I can't do that. >___<

Default Im getting really upset!

alright someone here tell me why in the middle of chaining the chain music comes off and goes to the original theme music. it will be in the middle of me walking after i had beaten down a pokemon im training the grass will flash, not in places i like so i will start walking 50 steps so i can flash the radar again and about midway through that stupid chain music turns off and my chained pokemon and the number im on fades away. Has this happened to any of you? its getting really aggravating because im finally getting the hang of this thing and only going into the fourth patch of grass. this is my 4th day of chaining in a row with about 2 to 3 hours on each day. still no shiny. whats the deal? people please help me
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    alright someone here tell me why in the middle of chaining the chain music comes off and goes to the original theme music. it will be in the middle of me walking after i had beaten down a pokemon im training the grass will flash, not in places i like so i will start walking 50 steps so i can flash the radar again and about midway through that stupid chain music turns off and my chained pokemon and the number im on fades away. Has this happened to any of you? its getting really aggravating because im finally getting the hang of this thing and only going into the fourth patch of grass. this is my 4th day of chaining in a row with about 2 to 3 hours on each day. still no shiny. whats the deal? people please help me
    If you move away so you can no longer see the patch of grass, the chain ends.

alright that makes sense ill keep an eye out for that. its just really weird today is the first time its happened to me and it happened twice! I was starting to think that the game just wants me to stop with trying to catch shinys.
    I havent caught any yet with the pokeradar and yet i got a shiny mewtwo after killing one the first time in firered and the second one being a shiny. and then me running into a shiny wingull that is now my pellipper

by the way thanks for the quick reply dude

I caught a shiny ponyta with the pokeradar today! i have a question, the longer the chain the more likely i get a shiny pokemon?

I caught a shiny ponyta with the pokeradar today! i have a question, the longer the chain the more likely i get a shiny pokemon?

yup, how many ponys did ya run into before getting a shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune49 View Post
    To a point, yes. When your chain reaches 40, then your chances are at the highest it possibly can be. If you got your chain to 400, then it is still the same chances as it was at 40.
    That's why it's recommended you stop your chain at 40 and just reset your radar until shiny patches appear.
    SHINIES:. may trade <3

Urgh, I've been trying to chain Togepis. Having chains break at stuff like 38 and 19 are annoying. Any ideas on which Pokemon I should chain if I want an easier time, and still have shiny Pokemon that can be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by JDavidC View Post
    Urgh, I've been trying to chain Togepis. Having chains break at stuff like 38 and 19 are annoying. Any ideas on which Pokemon I should chain if I want an easier time, and still have shiny Pokemon that can be traded?
    You should try chaining the bidoof at night at route 201 at night, its pretty much the easiest to chain and there is only one other pokemon that can break your chain and thats starly.

Anyways, i decided to chain buneary today and at the chain of 40 i found one. I tried to get reset for another one but I accidently ran into a patch and broke the chain):
    Yaay! Arceus is has come to the US!

friend code: 4683-4346-3209

proud owner of:

WORLD09 Weavile
    TRU Arceus NFTx2
    TRU shaymin
    nzone jirachi
    shokoton pichu
    The hunt is soon to begin!

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast