Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by itachi95 View Post
    You should try chaining the bidoof at night at route 201 at night, its pretty much the easiest to chain and there is only one other pokemon that can break your chain and thats starly.

Anyways, i decided to chain buneary today and at the chain of 40 i found one. I tried to get reset for another one but I accidently ran into a patch and broke the chain):
    Nidoran/Growlithe? :S
    Pokérus spreader! PM me for a trade!
    Newbie - Adopt me!
    Up for a battle with <100 Poke'mon! I'm still a beginner! Wanna battle? Send me a message
    Wifi: 4640 5919 7860

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I managed to capture a shiny Starly when I was trying to chain a Nidoran last week, and I also hatched a shiny Gible a few hours later. I'm currently investigating to see if hell has frozen over.

I was chaining for a Roselia, and after reaching 9 a shiny patch appeared. I went there and a shiny Pikachu appeared! I nicknamed it Orange. I think I will keep it for HeartGold!

Platinum's National Dex

Seen: 493
    Caught: 493

Quote Originally Posted by itachi95 View Post
    You should try chaining the bidoof at night at route 201 at night, its pretty much the easiest to chain and there is only one other pokemon that can break your chain and thats starly.

Anyways, i decided to chain buneary today and at the chain of 40 i found one. I tried to get reset for another one but I accidently ran into a patch and broke the chain):
    Man you are lucky I have been chain a buneary for months the highest chain I have ever gotten was 31 but now they just keep breaking but that won't stop me because I have fury!

Everytime you check out a dirty Pokemon pic a Ralts and Kirila cries.

i have been chaining forever and top 3 are 30 27 21 I NEED HELP!!!

I just caught two shiny Eevees in one chain. It took about three hours. XDD

Dark Nido, I would recommend looking at some tutorials on YouTube, that helped me a lot.
    No longer active. Sincere apologies.

i watched it and now have41 40 30 but no shinies

I've had THE worst chaining day today... I was chaining Scyther, the shiny that I have been trying to obtain for months with no success, and the shiny patch came up after hours of chaining, but... when I was heading to the shiny patch, my finger slipped, and I accidentally walked into the patch next to it, and the chain broke to a stupid Kadabra... ~Hits head on desk~ I have been trying to get a shiny Scyther for three months now, making that my longest shiny hunt to date, using two methods on two games, and I'm still having no luck in the least. Oh shiny Scyther, will you EVER be mine?
    No longer active. Sincere apologies.

Got my first 40+ chain last night, of Cubone! =D
    Was really to practice chaining, I feel a lot more confident now!
    Hunted 3 shinies out of it, then just got too bored. Marowak isn't a good fighter anyways.

If anyones after a shiny cubon message me :P
    Pokérus spreader! PM me for a trade!
    Newbie - Adopt me!
    Up for a battle with <100 Poke'mon! I'm still a beginner! Wanna battle? Send me a message
    Wifi: 4640 5919 7860

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I managed to capture a shiny Starly when I was trying to chain a Nidoran last week, and I also hatched a shiny Gible a few hours later. I'm currently investigating to see if hell has frozen over.

Hey guys whats the best area to chain for a shiny Ponyta in Platinum?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4313-0952-1481
    Safari Type Ice: Snover, Sneasel, Piloswine

first, i wanna thx to the guys who wrote those guides, really helpfull.
    then: i did, i just caught 2 shiny Flaaffy!
    I chained untill 40, then kept on resetting, and guess what: 4 max repels later: the first shiny. Another 26 max repels later: the second shiny.
    Then i terrible screwed up by stepping on the patch directly above me, without noticing it shook...
    The first time in the 3-hour during chain i accidentally stepped on the patch directly above, and ofcourse an Electabuzz was waiting for me... that's murphy for ya...
    but hey, my first shiny in platinum, together with the 2 shiny bibarell and 3 shiny buizel i caught in pearl, i'm starting to get the hang of chaining...

greetz
    a sword is harmless, unless wielded with courage
    Fight till victory!

favorite shiny: heatran!!! for it is legit, modest ,selfcaught and the only not-chained, not-traded shiny i have!

in game name; kyle
    friend code: 0301 7345 5514
    mail: jo_raes89@hotmail.com
    always up for a 1 on 1 battle...

The other day I got my first siny of Platinum! I was chaining Doduo all day and eventually, with only about 40 repels left, Doduo finally shone for me. I've wanted one for ages.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

Soul Silver BQ: 1. 2.

Why, just why did it take me so long to find this thread? :|

I tried chaining Scyther, Rhyhorn, Pachirisu and Eevee, but all my chains broke around 37 for no reason at all. You have no idea how much I hate Meditite and Kricketune.

I managed to get a Shiny Psyduck though. I wasted around 60 Max Repels after getting the chain to 40, and I had only 90 left, too. I would get some more Psyduck, but my DS is getting old and tends to freeze for no reason at all. It gave up a few minutes after the first Psyduck, so yeah... Luckily, I saved after the first one, but its nature still fails. Oh well. >_<

Soo.. I got my first Platinum Shiny, yay.

I need to think of what to chain next. Maybe Sneasel or Gligar but I'm not sure. :/
    Last edited by rekreatur; 25th August 2009 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Adding grammar.

w00t, i've been chaining for a shinx for over 2 days now, everytime my chain broke round 34,
    now, just bout 20 mins ago, i began yet another chain for shinx, and guess wat: nr 7 was shiny already! first time a shiny before 40 for me!

greetz
    Fight till victory!

favorite shiny: heatran!!! for it is legit, modest ,selfcaught and the only not-chained, not-traded shiny i have!

in game name; kyle

question: if an egg hatches during a chain, wat happens with the chain?
    Fight till victory!

in game name; kyle

Caught a Shiny Beldum after a chain of 40. Yeah, the sandstorm made it tough, but I got it. Good thing my Adamant Synchronizer worked! Trying to chain Machop now.
    Black FC: 1936 0121 8877
    Name: SEAN
    Leader of the Blue Gym in the Rainbow League
    Gym Record: 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJR View Post
    question: if an egg hatches during a chain, wat happens with the chain?

The chain won't break due to you hatching an egg, and on a side note it's been ages since I've even chained anything, not since smogon figured out how to RNG abuse pokemon but, I've decided to pick it back up again and was wondering what to chain in my platinum? I've chained a lot of pokemon in diamond so I probably won't rechain the ones I've already done, well maybe ones that I like their shiny sprites, suggestions?
    Currently:

Playing Blackand White

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricos View Post
    The chain won't break due to you hatching an egg, and on a side note it's been ages since I've even chained anything, not since smogon figured out how to RNG abuse pokemon but, I've decided to pick it back up again and was wondering what to chain in my platinum? I've chained a lot of pokemon in diamond so I probably won't rechain the ones I've already done, well maybe ones that I like their shiny sprites, suggestions?
    how bout grimer? shiny grimer is green...
    by the way, just finished my best chain ever, 7 shiny Farfetch'd! could have been more, but i ran out of repels... never thought i was able to go through 156 max repels without screwing up my chain...

greetz.
    Fight till victory!

in game name; kyle

question: if you use Synchronize to attract a certain nature shiny during a chain, dus the Synchronize pok&#233;mon have to be your first pok&#233;mon in the party, or does it just have to be present in your party?
    Fight till victory!

in game name; kyle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJR View Post
    question: if you use Synchronize to attract a certain nature shiny during a chain, dus the Synchronize pokémon have to be your first pokémon in the party, or does it just have to be present in your party?
    You need to have the Pokemon with synchronize at the top of your party.

Chaining for krabby today! And I successfully chained doduo and pichu this week (got 2 on each...I'm so impatient! I probably could've gotten more...). I'm excited 'cause this is the first time krabby has even been my swarm in platinum! I have been meaning to try chaining again in diamond/pearl but it's so much harder there...

Quote Originally Posted by shinylover24 View Post
    Chaining for krabby today! And I successfully chained doduo and pichu this week (got 2 on each...I'm so impatient! I probably could've gotten more...). I'm excited 'cause this is the first time krabby has even been my swarm in platinum! I have been meaning to try chaining again in diamond/pearl but it's so much harder there...
    Eh, I don't know. I've caught more shinies in Pearl than I have in Platinum. Although that could be attributed to the fact that I've had Pearl longer lol. Anywho, my most recent chain was another Floatzel chain. I chained Floatzel once before and got a shiny one with a Lonely nature, which is halfway-decent to use competitively. I caught another shiny Floatzel on this chain, this time Adamant, although with a terrible attack IV. Oh well, I guess I can't complain :-D
    Black FC: 1936 0121 8877
    Name: SEAN
    Leader of the Blue Gym in the Rainbow League
    Gym Record: 1-0

Wow, I don't know what clicked, but something clicked. I finally got around to chaining in my platinum, and in my first three days, I got three shiny phanpys in a chain of 47, a shiny mareep on a chain of 13, and a shiny starly on a chain of three. This over doubles my current collection! I'm taking a break at the moment, but I'll be chaining again!

I decided to chain Smeargle today and after resetting the Pokeradar for lots of times and using many Max Repels, I finally caught my first Pokeradar shiny with a Luxury Ball at chain #43 or #44. =D
    It has an Adamant nature eventhough I used a Jolly Synchronizer. I wanted to continue the chain a Budew broke it when I moved one step without using a Max Repel.

Shiny Chikorita
    916 SRs | HeartGold

• • • • •

Smile wOw

good job..continue to do your best...

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

Quote Originally Posted by Orangefeather View Post
    If you move away so you can no longer see the patch of grass, the chain ends.
    Hahaha that happend to me.. I was chaining for an adamant Starly then I forgot where the patch was and I ran too far so the chain broke. I make a lot of careless mistakes while doing this.

Now, some good news. I found a red Gyarados .
    White FC: 0647-6590-5430

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast