Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted White

Default Painted White

>_< I missed Valentine's Day, but I am NOT missing White Day! LOL...so here ya go, a 4 1/2 page fic for White Day for Contestshipping and Winstrateshipping. ^^
    Painted White
    Rated G
    For: White Day – presenting Contestshipping and Winstrateshipping

March 14th, March 14th, March 14th! That was all I could sing in my head as I strolled out of my room with a bright smile on my face. I hadn’t received anything yet…but I still felt special that day. It’s kinda like when on Princess Day - all girls and women feel important, even if they are just sitting around the house doing nothing.
    My heels clicked on the wooden floor of the Pokemon Center as I made my way down the corridor to the main lobby. I sighed away my sleepiness and looked at the other trainers and coordinators of the main room. They were all exchanging gifts, and each gift was white. I squealed to myself – how adorable this day was. Boys give the girls they like white items – they could be anything, but they have to be white. I couldn’t wait until I received a white token of romance. Then I knew I would feel even more special than I already did.
    But, for quite a while, I didn’t get anything. I sat off to the side of the Pokemon Center’s main room on a blue seat, tending to my Skitty, as if I wasn’t expecting anything and didn’t care. But I did care. Each tick of the clock above my head pecked away at my hope, but I remained cheerful. I wouldn’t let a gift-less White Day ruin my concentration for the Contest that was about to unfold in a few hours. Curse whoever scheduled a contest on a holiday!
    After an hour of sitting, I grew restless and left my spot with Skitty at my ankles to venture throughout the Pokemon Center is search of my travel companions. Call me hopeless, call me desperate, but I was looking for Ash and Brock, thinking they’d gotten me something white for White Day. That hope only lasted a few moments as I saw Brock bestow a mountain of pearly, white items on Nurse Joy and then after rejection, to every other pretty girl in the room, even if they had received something already. He was having a field day, and he was persistent, I’d give him that.
    So my final hope was on Ash, but that hope was false hope I had come to realize just short of him walking into my line of vision. Ash was a friend…and White Day isn’t what Valentine’s Day had come to be. On Valentine’s Day, everyone gives everyone and his mother something. It’s supposed to be a day for lovers, but that meaning has come and passed, and now it’s just an excuse to tell the good people in your life how much you care about them. Well, White Day’s different and as Ash passed me as if I weren’t there, I smirked to myself. The four of us were great friends – gift giving between us would only happen on birthdays, New Years, or maybe even Valentine’s Day should Max not be grossed out, Ash have a clue, or Brock not be so busy with girls he had never met before.

“Ash!” I called to my friend, “You’re coming to watch me in the contest, right?”

“Yeah, of course,” Ash said with a smile, “We can’t forget that.”

His smile was cheerful and made me forget White Day. I supposed this holiday would be just an ordinary day to me.

“Ya wanna go there now, May?” I heard Max’s voice behind me.

He was anxious for something, I knew. I took the utmost care to smile in his face, to pretend I didn’t realize, and nod in agreement.
    Max had become a trainer himself a few months ago, but insisted he stay with us for a few towns until he felt ready to venture on his own. I had always known Max to want to start immediately on his own, so the behavior was quite weird. I always made sure not to appear to notice, though, or even question it.

“We’ll catch you guys later,” I called to Ash, “And can you do me a huge favor and get Brock to come?”

“Will do, May,” Ash assured me.

I picked up Skitty, who had been so kind as to not run off, and Max and I went on our way to the Contest Hall.

The hall was filling up and the contest would begin soon. Max and I found three good seats, luckily, and after Max had properly claimed them, I went on my way to the back stage area to prepare.
    Once behind the curtain, I sat on the wooden bench attached to the metal lockers and set Skitty down. The poor thing hadn’t been in a contest for a while, so I felt as though I owed it. The little kitten was excited to be on stage again, and I giggled at its utmost cuteness.

“Nyah!” it shouted as it noticed something to my right.

I looked in Skitty’s line of vision to find Drew standing there, with his infamous smirk that needled me even without words.

“Didn’t think you’d make it,” he said, his words stabbing me, “From that last performance, anyway.”

I blushed hard and turned away, “It – was – just an accident!”

“Yeah, right,” Drew said, “You were completely out of it. It’s as if it were Slateport all over again.”

“Don’t remind me!” I shrieked, “I was just th-tired!”

“Alright,” Drew agreed, “Just make sure you’re actually there this time. I hear there’s a really tough coordinator around here and…”

I cut him off, “Alright! I get it. It won’t happen again.”

I wasn’t even looking at him. Was he fickle, or was it just me? I think he had forgotten he was the one to hand me a rose after that defeat, of course, after he won that ribbon to get his total of five ribbons. I guessed that he must have been at the contest hall for some other reason, which, at that time, I couldn’t understand why. I knew he had many things to do other than watch another contest. I concluded that it must have been to study his opponents for the Grand Festival or something like that. I would never expect Drew to come and watch me, of all people. What a joke…although it didn’t make me feel any better, if not, worse.
    He left soon afterward, on a good or better note than how he had come, and I sat on that wooden bench thinking it over. Over the past couple of weeks, from when I had last seen him until now, I always went over memories I had of past contests, and the thoughts always rushed back to something he did or something he said – whether it be annoying, harsh, sweet, or confusing.
    I shook the new memory out of my mind. I couldn’t let it distract me from the contest after all, it was those thoughts that made me lose last time. The little bug.

The contest dragged on, and I was able to rid my mind of any outside thoughts – those of a gift-less White Day, the crowd…or Drew. It became easier after the appeal, which Skitty easily passed, why, with its cute charm and all. I remember the crowd cheering, but they became muted, when I spotted Drew in the crowd. He wasn’t shouting and cheering, but looking down at me. I felt my face catch fire for a moment, but it subsided when I looked away from him.
    I went through the semi final with ease – battling an inexperienced Marill; I had the match in the bag. Unfortunately, the time came for the final round, and I was up against the complete opposite. I had battled a little girl with an Azurill…now I faced a tough teenager with a Gyarados.
    As I made my way to the main stage, I trembled a little. Usually, at that point in my career, I wouldn’t fear my opponent, no matter how fearsome he or she appeared. I’d have the utmost confidence in my Pokemon…but I didn’t on that White Day, for some reason. I felt that if I lost, it’d be all over, despite the fact that this contest wasn’t the last of the season, nor close to it. I suppose I felt as though, if I lost, I’d be letting Drew down. Despite the fact that he was the one who needled me about my loss in the last contest, something in his tone of voice made me believe he believed in me, somewhat. Call me forgiving, if need be.
    I finally got to the stage, the lights blaring, as if they knew I was having trouble, and wanted to make it even worse. The crowd’s cheers became muted in my ears, and I dared not to look at them. I knew my eyes would go in search of Drew without me.
    The coordinator I faced was just as fearsome as the Gyarados he trained, with his dark blue hair, dark blue trench coat with a yellow shirt underneath - why it seemed as though he cosplayed as his atrocious Pokemon like Harley cosplays his Cacturne. I took a deep breath, and released my Skitty as he sent out his giant sea serpent at the cue from Lillian.

“Go, Gyarados! Hydro Pump!” the kid shouted.

The Pokemon obeyed and shot a thick stream of water, enough to fill a whole river in seconds. I cringed for a second, and luckily Skitty knew to high tail it. We didn’t lose any points, but we would of if I didn’t do something. I regained my posture – I would not be weak under pressure, I promised.

“Skitty! Use Assist!” I ordered.

A Razor Leaf, coming from Bulbasaur I knew, shot towards Gyarados in a flurry. I felt relieved - what luck! I knew that Grass attacks were great against Water types. But, to my dismay, my opponent was one step ahead.

“Block that with your tail, Gyarados!” he called and Gyarados rose its finned tail and blocked each and every leaf that tried its best to hit it in the face.

I droned to myself. They lost points, but not as many as Skitty and I would have liked or expected.

“Gyarados! Use Dragonbreath!” the kid called.

A green, smoky sort of beam raced from Gyarados’ mouth to Skitty. It was quick and before Skitty or I could react, my kitten was hit and bounced against the floor. We lost many more points than the Gyarados team had prior.
    I could faintly hear Lillian speaking to the crowd, but she was muffled to me as I tried to think of what to do next.

“Gyarados! Finish it off with Dragonbreath! One more time!” I heard him say as the dragon once again used the green attack.

“Dodge it, Skitty!” I yelled, my voice cracking.

I didn’t know what to do. I know now that using Blizzard would have been a good route to start at, since Gyarados is Flying and Water type, but at that point, all of my basic Pokemon knowledge was fried. Pressure and me don’t get along too well. I gritted my teeth. Skitty just made it out in time, losing some points, but I hardly noticed.

“Use Assist!” I tried again.

This time Skitty released Fire Spin from Combusken. I sweat dropped and smacked my hand up against me nose. How embarrassing. To make matters worse, my opponent laughed as he ordered a Hydro Pump. I sneaked a peak at the crowd. Some were cheering for my opponent and others felt bad for me, including my friends and Drew.

I grit me teeth again and then shouted to Skitty, “Use Assist! Once more!”

To my late good fortune, Skitty released a Solarbeam, coming from either Munchlax or Bulbasaur – I don’t know, but I was finally making a turn around. My opponent was in shock and so was his serpent as the white beam thrashed through the Hydro Pump and hit its mark, right in the monster’s face. It was thrown back and crashed into the wall behind it. It didn’t knock it out, just to let you know, but it lost so many points. The sounds around me came back into stereo and I heard the timer buzz “time out”. I looked to the screen to see my opponent was just a morsel short of beating me.

“And the winner of this contest is May! Congratulations!” I heard Lillian bestow praise upon me.

The crowd cheered. I looked to them and saw my friends cheer and wave to me. Amongst the happy spectators, I found Drew, smiling to himself, as if he knew from the beginning I would prevail. I blushed, but continued waving, as if the red smear on my face wasn’t existent.
    A few moments later I was presented with the contest ribbon I had definitely earned. It was white with blue polka dots. As it was handed to me and I struck a pose for the audience, they cheered even louder – always on my side. I bowed respectively and walked to the back stage room to get my bag and be on my way. They cheered me away.

I returned Skitty to its Pokeball, so very proud of it. As I picked up my yellow pack, I heard two little voices. I sneaked a peek around the corner of the hall to find that my little brother, Max, was among the boys who had remembered it was White Day. I was a little ashamed, for I had almost forgotten as well. He handed a little girl, one with deep red hair, a white, untied ribbon. They said something to each other, but for life of me I can’t remember what it was. She giggled a little and Max blushed. I squealed to myself at the cuteness that was Max and Vivi Winstrate, which I realized at that moment was the reason Max hurried me to the hall just an hour earlier, or stayed around with us for so long. He was looking for Vivi. I bet’cha he asked her to travel with him!
    Like Max, Vivi was old enough to have Pokemon and she had become a coordinator. She had made it to the semi finals where I beat her, but I’m sure Max’s little white ribbon made the pain of that loss go away. It reminded me of my first contest – when I had lost and then Drew gave me a rose. It had stolen the pain away, as well as my breath…that is, until he claimed it was for Beautifly. I don’t think I ever believed that excuse after that.
    As I watched Max and Vivi catch up, I felt a presence behind me.

“Spying isn’t a very nice thing to do, ya know,” I heard Drew’s voice tell me.

“Well, you would know,” I said, confidently.

He rolled his eyes and, if it wasn’t just my eyes, blushed as well, unable to come up with a good enough come back for me. Recently, I’ve been able to do that, which makes our encounters more enjoyable, I think.

“So? How did you like the performance?” I asked, teasing him of course.

“You were still freezing up,” he told me, “If it hadn’t been for luck, you would have lost.”

My face fell. He always had to point out my rough edges, didn’t he? As I opened my mouth for my next string of words, he shoved something into my face. It was a rose, nonetheless…but a white one, a white rose...with a small white ribbon tied around it's thorn-less stem, so elegantly.

As I felt my face heat up and turn as red as the roses he gave on a normal basis, he said, “But you still won. So happy White Day, May.”

My heart lurched forward, and I couldn’t speak. It was my white token of romance, after all. I just took it from his grasp and stared at it, not wanting to make eye contact with him. My breath was stolen by the flower that almost seemed to be painted white, atop its thick, pine green stem where two pretty leaves grew from.
    When I did finally have the courage to look up at him, he turned away, his face as red as mine.

He said, “Well, then I’ll see ya around,” and he walked away from our awkwardness, that, to this day, I can still remember…perfectly.

Well that's it. Hope you liked it...I only wrote it a month ago. XP
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 22nd July 2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

I've never heard of White Day...

Have to admit though, Drew giving May a white rose. That's cute. She finally got something!

<---- CREDITS to Rainbow Latias. Sprites- Pokesho + elite2000

[IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sd07lc.jpg[/IMG]
    Current Fic: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109994

No, it's not the generic May + Drew fic..

Banner credits to Saffire Persian.

White Day is the Japanese version of Valentines Day for men/boys. It's where the boys repay the girls for the chocolate/presents the girls they like gave them or just give the girl they like the present anyway even if they were never given anything for Valentines day. A good one indeed Ama; I can actually imagine Drew giving May a white rose.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

Yeah - my friend told me today what a lot of the stuff symbolizes, so I did a quick change before I posted.
    She said that white flowers mean a strong friendship and that a white ribbon means deep love...so I thought it was cute how the ribbon was wrapped around the flower, so I had to add it in before I posted. ^^
    Thanks for replying guys! *huggles*

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

You're welcome Ama! I'm just glad I could post here. Oh! I almost forgot! *With a flick of the wrist he produces his own rose and gives it to Ama* For you.

Uhh...thanks? ^^;;;;

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Just giving it to ya as a friend.

Aw, that was so cute. So cute I squealed like a little school girl seeing her favorite boy band :-P.
    You did a great job keeping Drew and May in character, I can actually imagine this happening if they had a White Day special on Pokemon (wishful thinking, however.. I'd love for that to happen).

Great job!

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Aaw, adorable! I agree that you did a great job with keeping them in character. The ending was my favourite part. ^^ So sweet. And the bit with Max and Vivi was cute too. Awesome work!

Ummm....so sweet. I love the ending of this fic: a white rose!
    But Drew should have given May a white chocolate also. ^^

That was the cutest thing! I enjoyed reading this a lot, I can tell you. It was fun to read the whole thing from May's point of view- especially cause it's just the way May -seems to, regarding the shows- thinks and is.
    Everyone was so in character! I loved Drew's akwardness and May being aware of it! And a white rose... loved it.

yay for reveiws! ^^ Thanks everyone...this story had the most revision of any story I've written, so yay for that. XP Thanks so much for reading! <333

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

No typo eye this time! *points at eye* ;D

Loved it...so that was what White Day was...yay for background info! Yay for Drew blushing! Yay for from May's point of view! And yay for getting the thoughts (CSy ones) from her head!
    My tumblr or something: x

That was really sweet, especially at the end! =]

Well, White Day’s different and as Ah passed me as if I weren’t there, I smirked to myself.
    You spelled Ash wrong. ^^;;

O_o;; Thank you haruka~. Guess revising like 6 times still ain't enough! XP
    Thank you for reading, though. ^^

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

Awww, that was really sweet. I love that the white rose is wrapped in a lovely white ribbon. It makes the rose even more special seeing as it represents "deep love". Yay. ^^

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Aw! This was so cute! May and Drew with the white rose for White Day. I wish I could celebrate it....maybe I will next year!!!
    Cute story, and though I'm not much of a Contestshipper, it still called to me!!! Absolutely adorable!
    [IMG]http://i8.*******.com/25jjh8o.jpg[/IMG]
    Banner made by the talented Umi_Mizuno.

My Claims:
    Bishie: Alphonse Elric from Full Metal Alchemist(Innocenceshipping)/Anime Song: Melissa from Full Metal Alchemist/Song: I'm Ready by Tevin Campbell/Pair: RadiataAlchemist (ShadowAlchemistshipping)/Twin: Amazingkiss/Celebrity: Aaron Dismuke

Ohh, this is so cute! I really like it, I almost hear May talking in my head!

~/ You can call me: Kirii or Pika ~/
    Xanga
    ~/ Bishi: Shia from Pita-ten ~/ Twin: Hikari Tenshi-chan! Yay !~/
    ?Proud Member of the Fruits Basket, Kirby, & Pita-ten Clubs!?

kawai!!! i liked this fanfic a lot... white day? i've heard that in some animes... and we had a princess day in pokemon once, but it was so long time ago (when pokemon had japanese stuff) .. anyway do you know when it is???????

Kawaii, I thought that one-shot was very well written! A good topic since Whtie Day is coming up soon, 10/10 from me! I like the part with the white rose and the white ribbon, just plain adorable! ^^

Thanks Encylopika, Orenji-chan

wow! *squeeee!*

That was soo beautifully written, you didn't give anything away. Most writers doing something that would probably make it obvious that Drew would gesture something to do with White Day but you didn't! When he said: "So Happy White Day, May" I had a shippy moment (e.g clapping like an idiot and grinning at the computer screen), and it surprised me. I thought he would give her a rose, but the fact that it was for white day never crossed my mind.

It was a lovely, heartwarming, inspirational story!

Absolutely loved it Ama! Shame on you for calling yourself a tragic writer, that was anything but tragic!

Samantha Jane
    Facebook

Talking *giggles*

Quote Originally Posted by CuteDrew667 View Post
    Absolutely loved it Ama! Shame on you for calling yourself a tragic writer, that was anything but tragic!
    Same goes for me! "Tragic Writer," oh please! XD (however, TS was pretty deprssing at the end) wow, it was so original, yet compleatly expected, when Drew gave her a white rose! <3 *squeals* perfect moment for all contestshippers! and i too have to admit, i was giggleing (sp?) at the computer screen... ^_^;

The touch of winstrateshipping was fabtastic too! max is too sweet, giving vivi a a white ribbon... so as usual, you've created an extreamly... *forgets word* oh, successful story. awsome work!

As far as i could tell, there were no mistakes, whatsoever. (sorry, i'm not much of a reviewer DX but i try!) *yays* yay!

It's been a long time... But it's so good to be back. <3
    Deviantart ID page: TranquilSimplicity
    Life giving you lemons? [Insert witty response here]

Cute writing style, even cuter and captivating atmosphere. I love the concept, and the title. It's nice to see Winstrateshipping being incorporated into fics. It's quite rare these days.

And most of all, I love that image of Drew as a 'little bug' in May's mind when she met him again. XD

I'm sorry I don't have much to say, but do count me impressed. I'll be lurking around in the threads of your fics for sure.

Under the Same Sky - PG-15||Completed

Memorandum to UtSS: "A Deathless Prelude".
    FF.net Profile//Quote-of-the-month: “History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.”

That was so cute! I had completely forgotten about White Day. This is the cutest Contestshipping one-shot I've ever read. I just love Drew blushing, he looks so adorable *squals.* I also liked the part of including Gyarados in a contest, although I didn't like it when it was call a monster since it's tie-to-first-place to my favorite Pokemon.
    Please read & review my Fanfiction:
    Friendship, Love, Rivalry and Misunderstandigs
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

Drew blushing...? XD Priceless! Lolz! Seriously, I'm way too into these things... XP But you did a great job with this one-shot. Max and Vivi as a couple is definately very hard to find nowadays...Thanks for adding that in n_n Like any good author, they usually find a way to get the reader to really think about the story. You did just that. Keep up the great work Ama! =D
    DAML Forever

Espeon and Umbreon are my favorite Eeveelutions!

Shiny Goals: Beautifly (in progress), Jumpluff, Umbreon, Ninetails, Absol, Gardevoir/Gallade, Roserade, Altaria, Swellow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast