Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cream of the Croagunk Crop (550)

Default Cream of the Croagunk Crop (550)

The Croagunk Festival of the Pastoria Great Marsh!

Ash & Co. finally arrive in Pastoria City where they meet Crasher Wake, the gym leader. He mentions that there is a Croagunk Festival going on at the nearby Great Marsh. Brock is eager to enter with his Croagunk. Acting like a contest, the rounds show off Croagunk's unique skills. However, Team Rocket wish to enter and obtain the Croagunk...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

All of our guesses were false... Brock lost, Nurse Joy won. The prize was not a Razor Fang, it was a crown. D: I was expecting Brock to win, honestly.
    Last edited by Vavavoom; 5th June 2008 at 12:02 PM.

THE END.

Did Croagunk use Poision Sting for the first time in ages?? WHat did the crown look like?

Wow, so apparently Carnivine's capture is finally shown in flashback. Sounds good. And I like the twist of Nurse Joy's Croagunk winning

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Wow, so apparently Carnivine's capture is finally shown in flashback. Sounds good. And I like the twist of Nurse Joy's Croagunk winning
    So, this means James did in fact catch Carnivine at the Great Marsh? That's a first, keeping to an actual location like that. Well, I guess I might end up seeing this episode just to see that.

Anything else of interest?

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Gliscor didn't evolve.Oh well was this a comedic episode.
    Manga's I'm up to date with.

Spoiler:- undefined:

Catching up to

Hunter x Hunter
    Battle Tendency
    Eyeshield 21

Nurse Joy Won,Not Suprising,When she use the attack to stop team rocket.
    Ash is really been Funny in this comedic episode,I LOVE IT The dance and the wedding dress Lmao,Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.Lol At The Croagunks same emotions Pmsl
    Brocks Croguank is really awsome in this episode,I Want to see Yanmega again sometime soon please,Carnirvines capture was in the great marsh,aww stuck in the marsh,James is really nice.Etc Preview Shows Buizel been ignorant against Pikachi could cost Ashs a Gym battle, Wakes Pokemon Quagsire,Gyrados(Flamesthrower counter by pikachu with iron tail,and Floatzel vs Buizel,Buizel charges,Floatzel dodge then a little kick.typical,
    Wake is fatter than in the game Lmao,and Dozzy aswell.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Nurse Joy winning was purely B.S. Since when are Judges allowed to win contests, just simply because they saved the day?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonChu View Post
    Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.
    ...How does a festival hint to Misty's return? Did Misty return at the start of the Hoenn saga because May's bike was ruined like hers was? What is it with people saying Misty will return? Are you desperate for her to return or something?
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

Anything of interest?

Yeah, this episode was amazing.

Who was the animator/animation team for this episode? What other episodes did they do? The style seems really, erm... different. ._.

Everything about this episode was great. I really hope people don't ignore it just because it was a filler, because this episode was an instant classic.

I've seen the pictures, the episode looks great. Meowth looked more like a Meditite or Riolu in the face more than a Croagunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    Who was the animator/animation team for this episode? What other episodes did they do? The style seems really, erm... different. ._.
    Natsume.. and yeah this animator has a different style. I don't like it though, the characters look too flat/thin especially Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Natsume.. and yeah this animator has a different style. I don't like it though, the characters look too flat/thin especially Brock.
    How can´t you like one of the most stylish and comedic animation directors we have in pokemon? All of Natsume´s episode are a joy to watch just because of
    the humorous shots and cool ways of animation ( like meowth "breaking" his pawn). The AD gets so much hate for a different style , yet not many people complain when Takeda or Kinoshita show up...

So many funny scenes and shots, so many great moments, such crazy music. gotta love it.

especially the Carnivine-themed judge and croagunk´s awesomeness

I really liked Kojiro´s flashback.

so, all in all, a great episode.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Awww....poor Carnivine. That really touched me, seriously.
    Anyways, I agree, the Great Marsh LOOKS fantastic, but the characters looked a bit flat and....yeah....

~*~Made by Me~*~

Fun wacky episode, significant prize or not, with lots of wacky music and animation to boot. The Carnivine flashback we got was not only overdue, but beat that rosy crap we got for the Weepinbell flashback. Not only did I love how large Crasher Wake was animated, but I loved how that warden judge's head was the size of Wake's whole body.

From what we've gathered of Wake's personality thus far, he seems like much more of a random character as opposed to the cockiness of that pedophile, Lt. Surge, who's similar in size. I think the randomness works well considering how you would generally imagine such a titan to be a daunting figure. For some odd reason, his freak-out when he realized he was missing his Pokeballs reminded me of Professor Westood.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonChu View Post
    Nurse Joy Won,Not Suprising,When she use the attack to stop team rocket.
    Ash is really been Funny in this comedic episode,I LOVE IT The dance and the wedding dress Lmao,Omg i starting to hate Dawn,she act to mature,dont really know what the word Fun Means,Just join the dance Like Misty:l Is this a hint for misty returning soon,a festival like in episode 20 of gastly.Lol At The Croagunks same emotions Pmsl
    Brocks Croguank is really awsome in this episode,I Want to see Yanmega again sometime soon please,Carnirvines capture was in the great marsh,aww stuck in the marsh,James is really nice.Etc Preview Shows Buizel been ignorant against Pikachi could cost Ashs a Gym battle, Wakes Pokemon Quagsire,Gyrados(Flamesthrower counter by pikachu with iron tail,and Floatzel vs Buizel,Buizel charges,Floatzel dodge then a little kick.typical,
    Wake is fatter than in the game Lmao,and Dozzy aswell.
    dude, I'm a Misty fan and I'm not desperate enough to look at slight similarities between episodes and use them as hints for her 'return'
    Dawn is a great character, [altough IMO she's not as good as Misty]
    I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    dude, I'm a Misty fan and I'm not desperate enough to look at slight similarities between episodes and use them as hints for her 'return'
    Dawn is a great character, [altough IMO she's not as good as Misty]
    I'm not here to bash any misty fans, But I am curious....what is so great about her that everyone wants her to return? I don't really understand.

But uh, on topic. I saw this episode today, and eventhough it's a filler, EVERYTHING was awesome about the episode. I hope we have more awesome episodes like this in the future.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Full Edit:

Well, I did end up seeing this and I gotta say: HILARIOUS!! You guys were kidding, this was very entertaining. I also thought the fact that Brock's Croagunk, which ended up doing the best in the first 2 rounds was somewhat predictable. Figures.

Possibly the most entertaining thing about this episode that made such a funny reference was the banjo playing in the background. I'm gonna be sounding a bit contradictory, but considering we had a banjo music playing with Croagunks with the Marsh immediately made me think of the Louisiana with all the frogs, swamps, marshes and banjo music. What comedy.

Now, I thought that the "defending champion" looked like a cross between a galactic grunt and Kenny. On that note, I'm glad to see that the animators are actually creating more character models as opposed to the overused character models that are frequently seen. My remarks go to mister blimpy, the officer with da big head.

Crasher Wake can only defined, truly a big jolly old man. Which is rather suitable.

This episode just made Croagunk more awesome than he already was

And yes, I'm quite pleased to see what the Marsh looks like in the show, though the train ride seemed to take longer (well that was an obvious one... considering they have to make the show more... "natural"). The Carnivine flashback was good too; it seems some things never change.

Otherwise, a very entertaining episode.

I cannot believe what I'm going to say, but they better keep the banjo music in the dub. It adds to the whole "Louisianna" influence. Which made the episode that more entertaining.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 6th June 2008 at 2:48 AM.

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

this episode was a good one better than last weeks i'll tell you that much lol Mewoth looked funny as a croagunk and Ash at the end dancing was funny too

I guess I'm the only one that found Nurse Joy winning to be irritating.

I guess the pros of this episode outweigh the cons
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

lol the part where Nurse Joy stuck her tongue out i only noticed dawns head in the background after i watche dthe actual episode yet didnt see it in pics and in the preview

What was the attack that Nurse Joy's Croagunk used on the Mecha Croagunk? It looked like Attract... So does anyone know?

The dance at the end of the episode was funny! xD
    Last edited by mimejr.james; 6th June 2008 at 12:44 PM.

"There are no coincidences in this world."

"There is only the inevitable"

On indefinite hiatus. May come back in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that found Nurse Joy winning to be irritating.

I guess the pros of this episode outweigh the cons
    Well, it's not as bad when you actually know it's coming. Though a judge should never be allowed to be able to win. Of course, she saved the Croagunk's whom are practically worshipped there, so that must be why.

Damn deitys...

Quote Originally Posted by mimejr.james View Post
    What was the attack that Nurse Joy's Croagunk used on the Mecha Croagunk? It looked like Attract... So does anyone know?
    I was thinking Sweet Kiss, but I have the distinct feeling that Croagunk cannot learn that move. I suppose Attract might possibly be it I guess? Hard to know...

Could have been Captivate...
    Or heck, how about Fake Out?

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast