Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doc Brock (562)

Why did the 4kids logo appear at the end?

I liked this episode quite a lot. Well, any episode where Pachi shines is a good one in my book! It starts a liitle slow but turns out great.
    Dawn has yet another one of her childhood flashbacks and seems completely shocked that Pachirisu wants to battle despite not being used in... how long?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I know, what was that doing there?
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Hmm...interesting episode. I lol'd when Ash said "We Forgot Gliscor". Haha poor Gliscor; he always gets left behind.

This episode and the movie were both amazing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I didn't notice it, but once it gets added to YouTube, Ill check out the end.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Maybe 4Kids had to do something with today's episode? We could always email them.

I like how they used Zapdos for Plat. I wonder what else they'll use? It seems the gang's eating alot more pancakes. First the movie, now this. And who eats pancakes for lunch. I love how all the pokemon were out. (They forgot Gliscor, and almost Staravia xD)
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I didn't notice it, but once it gets added to YouTube, Ill check out the end.
    It's the very last shot during the credits.
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 14th February 2009 at 4:52 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Aura View Post
    It seems the gang's eating alot more pancakes. First the movie, now this. And who eats pancakes for lunch.
    The same people who eat breakfast at 2am in the morning.

This episode was good.

..But it just shows us how poorly most trainers in the anime are towards Pokemon illnesses,compared to the games.

Poor Pachirisu,it needs to be used more.

Wow this episode was so boring, I walked out after Gliscor found Brock.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Okay, I saw the ending credits of the dub and oddly enough, it was the original 4Kids logo. 0__o (actually, I quite liked that too and I wonder what happened to Media Summit that helped?) someone should tell PUSA about this or 4Kids. Oh another thing I've noticed, the credits in the end were a little easier to see this time.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 14th February 2009 at 5:43 PM. Reason: more about the credits

i believe the 4kids logo was there since the flashback scene appeared in a 4Kids dubbed episode.

I thought this epsiode was ok.
    It was a little boring, but I liked it because of Gliscor.
    Poor Gliscor can't even fly unless there's wind and then he gets left behind and forgotten.
    6.5/10

Aww, poor neglected Gliscor. Clearly not the best episode for you, but you still made it good.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB1984 View Post
    i believe the 4kids logo was there since the flashback scene appeared in a 4Kids dubbed episode.
    Excellent observation there, that could be another reason why, however weren't there past episodes making references to past events of the series that had no 4Kids logo? Welcome the the forums too.

Interesting. Poor Gliscor! Gliscor is always left behind... I don't really get the whole Zapdos part. I didn't see a logo from Kids, good thing I record the episodes! This episodes reminds of Ash as a father and Dawn as a mother.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Interesting. Poor Gliscor! Gliscor is always left behind... I don't really get the whole Zapdos part. I didn't see a logo from Kids, good thing I record the episodes! This episodes reminds of Ash as a father and Dawn as a mother.
    well it was valentines day after all.

Well, a nice episode with entertaining scenes.

First of all, I liked how Ash and Dawn were giving the Pokemon a shower. I don't know why, but the scene kinda created a friendly and peaceful atmosphere. You couldn't help enjoying it.

Ash constantly nodding off was priceless and immediately reminded me of myself during certain exhausting lectures :zzz:... :XD2:

In addition, Ash not only was hilarious today, he also came up with some really smart ideas, for example the way he produced crushed ice or the idea of giving Pachirisu a berry.

Brock, the "faithful soul" in our heroes's group, has deserved another episode which features him for a long time. With regard to the Gratitude -Pokemon Shaymin which was introduced yesterday, it's fair to say that there's still another character Ash and Dawn should be grateful to - Brock, the prime example of a good friend.

Despite the obvious danger that you will probably lynch me now, I have to say that Gliscor was NOT hilarious, but ,on the contrary, messed up this episode.
    The plot would have been so successful if it hadn't been for that lame ,dumb Gliscor...
    A flying -type Pokemon that isn't able to fly properly!! Do I really have to say anything else? Don't you see that he is so lame that it is almost embarrasing...and to make things worse that he makes Ash look like a beginning trainer who doesn't have to be taken seriously. Great though Pokemon episodes are but every episode with Gliscor appearing makes me wanna complain to the writers again.
    Do we really deserve being "punished" with that Pokemon?....
    You may object that Gliscor was sooooooo "funny" (strange definition of funny though) but it isn't for Ash and his Pokemon to serve as comic relief!This is Team Rocket's part!
    Ash is the hero and it is for Gliscor that Paul keeps on insulting Ash as "pathetic" :saiyan:

7 points (for the nice,entertaining plot) - 1 point ("Gliscor-factor" which I will subtract whenever he appears) equals

6 out of 10 points

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    well it was valentines day after all.
    lol!
    Last edited by ash_forever; 15th February 2009 at 12:38 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Are people still calling that a random Zapdos there for no reason?

I thought it was pretty obvious that the electrical build-up was caused by Zapdos being close by, thus affecting the young Pachirisu.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

I thought it was pretty obvious that the electrical build-up was caused by Zapdos being close by, thus affecting the young Pachirisu.
    it is also wild in sinnoh in platinum, which is also being promoted by the movie that aired yesterday

This episode was good. Liked Gliscor’s expression when Staravia was chosen to get Brock instead of him and Gliscor falling on Brock. Classic ending forgetting Gliscor. Haha. I thought Zapdos in the middle of nowhere was random.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Ash and Dawn large and in charge in an old fashioned stay-at-home outing?
    Oh, play the Home on the Range anyway.

Sudden craving for pancakes. Not twice in one day!

Zapdos cameo? We striving for one of these every week?

Staravia 1 going down. Aiming for the Hudson.

Must be a subsidiary of Walmart. For the woods.

It's so pitiful that the Gliscors and gars bear such useless legs. And its wings can't soar to ride air flows in the troposphere. No, it has to glide any reasonable distance. What a pain those Headwinds must be. Actually, mark Gliscor as a GREAT match up for Drifblim.

But can a Meowth touch the sky?

You can scratch Gum Wad Bazooka as my only defense.

4/10 Odd. This didn't feel very Pokemon-ish. They keep wailing on the formula more often, but results don't amount to anything less than staggering (for the most part). Didn't we have Piplup suffering from serious exposure to exhaustion an episode ago? Okay, take that and painfully extract the Team Rocket plot. This is that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Now, now, let us refrain from further associating Zapdos with electric-critter-induced-pain. I don't see Pikachu as a victim here(only of mass production). We can't draw anything.

Awww poor Gliscor!! getting left behind at the end

is it just me, or did it sound like gliscor was angry at the end?

Excessive electric buildup in an electric-type = high fever? Interesting... it's almost similar to having a device short circuit or an overload, & I'm guessing on the latter happening with them.

Anyway, I was surprised that Zapdos has made an appearance in this, & I was even more so when TR decided to go after something else other than Pikachu. Regardless, the end result is the same; they got sent flying towards the sky their heads behind their tails, or whichever way they've said it.

Blah, blah, blah...

*continues to linger around*

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLittleMew View Post
    Awww poor Gliscor!! getting left behind at the end

is it just me, or did it sound like gliscor was angry at the end?
    I don't think so, he just felt sad being forgotten. I think I saw tears in his eyes, again.

I completly forgot about Gliscor till Ash reminded everyone by sayin "Oh no! We forgot Gliscor!" (everyone gasps)

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It was an ok episode for a filler. Gliscar flying into Brock was funny and I enjoyed the little Dawn/Ash moments. Apart from that it was an ok episode but im looking forward to the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    Now, now, let us refrain from further associating Zapdos with electric-critter-induced-pain. I don't see Pikachu as a victim here(only of mass production). We can't draw anything.
    This is the same Pikachu that repeatedly gets hit by Lightning Bolts to RECOVER, he can deal with it. Whereas Pachirisu is still pretty much a baby and hasn't had as much time to adjust to the power levels.

Remember, Pikachus electrical build-up was caused my the Electro Magnet? A strong source of Electricity to which he couldn't compare. Well, Pachirisu conveniently gets Electrical build up when the great Electrical Thunder-Bird is flying overhead.

So yeah...We can draw something.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast