Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

Quote Originally Posted by trixie08 View Post
    I was also glad to see Substitute being used for the first time, and also Cherrim! I didn't know that the Overcast Forme's eyes were on its stubs for legs.
    I turned away from the screen and ended up missing the use of Substitute... I've always wondered what it would like in the anime.

And I freaked out about Overcast Forme Cherrim's eyes. I mean what an awkward place to have them, on the legs...

d00med n0w

It was a good episode. Though I found Dawn's win a bit h4x. Especially since this was against the person who beat her mom. Even so I guess Dawn had to win to get her third ribbon.

Plus at the end of the day Brock and Ash proved they have the worst fashion sense of anyone on the planet. Though Ash has proven that by himself before.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

It wasn't an episode I'd call boring, but nor one that thrilled me out. I liked how Dawn achieved her win but the flashbacks were making the episode boring. As far as the "Ash's and Brock's" clothes ae concerned, I must admit I found that part not suit the episode that much.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by The Renowned Obscurity View Post
    I turned away from the screen and ended up missing the use of Substitute... I've always wondered what it would like in the anime.
    That must mean you also missed on Shaymin's substitute. Giratina and the Sky Warrior's English TV premiere was just weeks before this.

Nothing gratifying about that move anyway, a poor man's Double Team if you will. Substitute only downsizes the attack to one clone. In exchange, you get a puff of smoke as the original takes damage. Even that doesn't seem to have any use.

So much for believing they were holding out on us to materialize the doll-like creation that comes from it, right? That would've had a good run as a gag.

Darn it!
    Why do they mock me..
    Male Delcatty? So many male Delcattys' in the anime..I just evolved my female Skitty in Emerald,I should have waited a few hours to clone the moonstone and send one to Diamond for one of my male Skitty..

*cough*
    Anyway,this episode was pretty good,I enjoyed it.
    Ambipom's constant way of going,and exiting,attract mode was awkward however..

Dawn seems better at winning then she was before though..O_o
    I'm not saying she didn't deserve her win..But,it still just seems unusual,like she was just sort of lucky.
    Last edited by Tomato-kun; 24th February 2009 at 9:22 PM.

Decent episode, but a few things bugged me. First of all, why is Johanna's voice so weird? Second, why is it that in every contest, one small move kills a person's contest points. Seriously, Delcatty got hit my a star, maybe a few, and Lila's contest points got reduced by almost half.

Interesting episode. When I first heard the plot, I expected Lila to be some crazy lady snarking about how she smacked down Dawn's mother and would do the same to Dawn, complete with anime crazy lady laugh. What we got is somebody who enjoyed what she did, but ended up doing something else. Then when she saw her friend/rival's daughter, she started wondering- the whole "path not taken" thing. I actually liked Lila, which I wasn't expecting.

On another note, is it just me, or are there a lot of people with greyish-purple hair in Sinnoh? It seems to be more common than in other regions.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

sososososo goood.
    great on dawns party, and a great way to win back her confidence!

It was an nice episode, i had a nice time while i watch it ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Great contest. i loved Lila's pokemon.

Ambipom was amazing, she didn't get confused after all.

8/10.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode didn't really stand out for me too much, but the backstory on Dawn's mom was interesting, and Ambipom was just dang cute when the attract condition hit her. I liked the old rival of Johanna, too. I do know this episode made me impatient for Jessie to get another ribbon already, but at least they fixed that a little bit later in the season.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Loved to hear some more about Dawn's mom. She rarely ever gets an backstory. I loved that she and Lila were rivals like Dawn and Zoey are now.

I'm glad that after the Wallace Cup, Dawn and her Pokemon can still manage to break from her losing streak and win yet another Pokemon Contest.

Superior. 9/10

It was good for Dawn that she won another ribbon. And Jessie's imitation of Fantina was just too funny!

8.5/10

I really liked this episode. I enjoyed the whole backstory on Johanna and Lila's rivalry and it made the contest all the more intense. I'm also happy that Dawn won because it was like she won for her mom too.

I would like to see a contest final between Dawn and Johanna

Oh wow, talk about a fantastic episode.

Merry Christmas, too! It's a Christmasy day, too; just perfect.

The contest battle b/w Dawn and Lyla is just fantastic. Delcatty is just much more fun to watch than Zoey's Glameow, even though they both use some of the same moves, such as Shockwave. Even so, the battle felt really unique, and was spectacular at that. It starts off with a bang with Delcatty's substitute, and never loses steam from there. Excellent.

Ampibom's use of swift/or double hit (lame note-taking, I know) to stop Delcatty's 2nd use of Sing is what gives Ash his inspiration for how to stop Fantina's hypnosis, I suppose.

Okay, 2 little fun facts in this one. Attract is a move used a great deal in the next region, especially by Ash, believe it or not. Second, and my personal favorite part of the episode, is the scene where Lila explains her real reason for entering again, to battle Dawn. The looks on Ash's, Brock's, and Dawn's faces when they hear that...I think that's amazing and a great show of character from them. They're a little disturbed, whereas just before they were excited and interested to hear about Lila's new motivation to compete and maybe enter the grand festival. The kids (are they kids?) don't say anything, and I don't think there was anything proper for them to say. But they are put off a little upon hearing that, and Johanna's laughing at it doesn't make them feel any better, I think. What's that really mean...To me, I think, growing up, one of the shocking things about the world you see is that adults aren't quite what you expect them to be. They have "petty" motivations, or pride, or just traits that are just so surprising to you. I think one of the biggest things about growing up is that you realize that adults aren't that much different from you. They have egos, and you (maybe) start to realize that they aren't always the people you run to get advice from, since they maybe don't have your values. I'm probably not saying this the right way, but that's one reason why I was so excited with Cynthia's entrance into the anime, in the way she beat one of the members of the elite 4 so easily, the same member who "bossed" Dawn around a few episodes before and acted like he knew everything. The moral of these episodes, I don't think, is that there is a right way and not a right way, and when these adult characters make pts, this is necessarily the right way. The world is much more complex than that, and there are few things that can be categorized as clearly right or wrong. Lila's motivation for entering the contest is not wrong, not at all; but it's a little disturbing to Ash and the gang, and it's not something they would do. They don't comment on it (and I don't think they should), but they are aware of it, and I think that makes all the difference, even if nothing comes of it.

Sorry, one more thing. I think the most important idea in this episode is where Dawn starts to get nervous about the importance of the final, and then slaps herself gently, thinking that even if she loses she'll make adjustments and try again. This isn't the end, and her adventures will continue.

This episode was good. The Contest Battle between Dawn and lyla was great. Ambipom vs Delcatty was a very good matchup for the contest battle. It was great to have a rival of Dawn's Mother's in the contest, not to mention that Dawn actually beat her to win her 3rd ribbon! Delcatty's Substitute move was unexpected and very impressive to see. Ambipom's use of Swift as shield to stop Delcatty's 2nd time at using the Sing move was very impressive. It was cool to see Cherrim for the 1st time. Buneary's Ice Skating with her ears Appeal was very cool.

80/100

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456