Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

Jessie's appeal was incredible. It kept me laughing especially her imitation of Fantim and how Yanmega sent her flying.

I love Buneary. I loved her performance even if at the end she screwed up but Dawn fixed it. Finally Buneary gets what she deserves.

Great use of that pom pom, Swinub.

Yuri takes the title for me as the most interesting coordinator in Sinnoh. I love her pokemon and I love her personality. A great character that I hope we can see in the future.

Ambipom falling in love was intense. That girl sure knows how to pick them.

The battle was amazing and it was simple because of the strategies used from both Dawn and Yuri. I thought it was fresh to see a coordinator that not only can make her attacks look great but she's also clever. So far I missed that in D/P.

I like that Dawn won and I also liked the used Ambipom and Buneary because they both needed it.

Yuri was indeed a great character. Nice personality and interesting backstory, plus she had a great design too. It reminds me of why I liked all those Hoenn one-shot coordinators, most of them are great characters.

And people often ask why do some people find Zoey and Kenny bland or dull? Well compare them to Yuri, and there's your answer.

Its amazing when 1-shot characters can bring more excitement to a Contest than others who constantly appear.

That was an awesome battle, probably the best I've ever seen. Yuri is awesome, her personality, Pokemon, eveerything. I was a little bit dissapointed that Dawn won another Blue ribbon, not that it atters.

I'm still amazed that they actually used Delcatty's ability, Cute Charm...

Great episode, like for all contests. It's about time that there was a new contest episode shown.

A different hair change for Dawn to match Buneary's ears, that was a good original idea. But Buneary doing an ice appeal...well, I just hope that type of appeal doesn't get overused for the future episodes in this series. Otherwise, good appeal, despite the slight screw-up at the end, and Dawn saved it. So I'm glad for her.

The rivalry between Yuri and Dawn's mom was a good twist as part of the storyline. One-shot rivals now. With only at least 2 contests left, I wonder who will be in the next ones. Another one-shot rival maybe?

Jessie's appeal was...old. Apparently she still has that pride she got at the Solaceon Contest. At this rate, she isn't making it to the Grand Festival, period.

The final battle between Dawn and Yuri was great. Ambipom got to be in a contest battle now. And it really shows off the amazing strength that Ambipom has. That Swift attack was very surprising in my opinion. I've never seen anything like it. With that amount of power, Ambipom is going to be a really strong Pokemon later on.

Great episode, it appears the next two will be the climax of the series. Can't wait for those.

Did Ambipom use Thunder Punch against Delibird?

I am SO hoping to see Yuri again at a later episode.

So Johanna lost at some point. That's an interesting revelation.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

i'm very surprised,that not only in this episode the writers decided to use a pokemon ability like cute charm,but let's not remember that this seems the debut of SUBSTITUTE in the Anime!!
    @mew-the original:it was swift probably...

Still we got a decent NOT filler episode(unlike DP94 i believe)
    I lol'd at the "concentration" scene with Ash and his pokemon...

At the end of the episode,Yuri takes the crew to her clothes shop and gives them stuff away...will that mean that they will actually get a wardrobe change/adjustment when they get to Snowpoint?
    Makes me wonder...i`m currently way more excited for the next episodes...Galactic FTW!

Jessie please break tht 1st round losing streak

the battle was favour dawn most times.
    for a moment i thought ambipom was having a erecion 0.0

so Dawn ribbon-3 2 blue ones
    Ash 4 badges 5 soon i am seeing a lost for dawn the next one.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Despite being just another Ice appeal, I thought Buneary's was pretty well done. That was a nice save by Dawn, though.

That was one massive Swift Ambipom delivered there at the end. I never knew she had that much power in her...

Yuri definitely takes the cake for the most interesting coodinator in Sinnoh, though looking at her competition, that's not a very big accomplishment. :P I loved the little fan-and-paper thing she did every few minutes during the battle.

Kinda wierd how the writers are just now premiering a 1st gen move in the middle of Sinnoh...

Love-crazed monkey vs. singing kitty FTW

I'm dying to know, what was Yanmega's first contest like? Also, what is the save Dawn did? Can't wait for the episode pics.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Ifd there's anything vital I learned from this episode, it's that Cherrim's eyes are located on its asscheeks in its eggplant form.
    LOL....that was in the 10th movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    That was one massive Swift Ambipom delivered there at the end. I never knew she had that much power in her...
    Do you mean like a giant one basically? Because Ambipom did that with the Solaceon Contest.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by kpt25 View Post
    @mew-the original:it was swift probably...!

I guess it could be, but Ambipom can learn Thunder Punch now. And the light looks like electricity to me...

I'm dying to know, what was Yanmega's first contest like? Also, what is the save Dawn did? Can't wait for the episode pics.
    Eh... Not that great. In fact it was basically the same thing Dustox did with Jessie. Blowing her in the air. The only difference is that Yanmega moves around in a triangle pattern while keeping her up...
    Last edited by mew-the original; 26th September 2008 at 7:14 AM.

pretty neat battle at the end...Delcatty sings like Jiggly Puff lol

It is sad Jessie lost again, but at least we get a new rival!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post

I guess it could be, but Ambipom can learn Thunder Punch now. And the light looks like electricity to me...
    That's because Delcatty knows an electric move, I'm not sure but I think its Shock wave.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I'm dying to know, what was Yanmega's first contest like? Also, what is the save Dawn did?pics.
    Yanmega's first contest was kinda weird.

Buneary was skating on ice with her Dizzy Punch ( I assume since her ears were glowing) and she kinda slipped and started flipping around kinda crazy. Before she could fall Dawn caught the bunny and everything appeared natural.

Do you mean like a giant one basically? Because Ambipom did that with the Solaceon Contest.
    The Solaceon one was big but in this episode the Swift was kinda humongous.

If I remember right, this Swift actually resembled a diamond formation. And yeah, this one's huge, even dwarfing out the one at Solaceon.

I liked it, especially the final battle- Ambipom was great. And Ash and his mons failing at meditation. And that there should be a law against letting Ash dress up himself.

Also, I was wondering throughout the epispde... just who's side was Dawn's mom on? Because it seemed like she was cheering for her friend instead for her daughter.

I think she was cheering for Dawn but she just wasn't like "Come on Dawn you can do it I'm surer you can".

I'm glad she won. She desverse it. 3 Ribbons Now next time Jessie will cream Dawn
    But still great episode. I rather have Pachrisu or Swinub battle then Ambipom but Ambpiom had to atleast win one contest lol

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

So how exact did Yanmega appeal?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Basically the same way Dustox did when Jesse won, just with Jesse cosplaying as Fantina(massive Engrish!). Looks like she's gonna be a one trick pony unless she can think up something new for Yanmega.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Does anyone know where to get episode pictures

Meh, I was actually quite dissappointed with this episode. I was expecting a really intense battle, seeming as Ambipom is Dawn's only interesting pokemon to watch in battle due to KageBunshin/Doublehit/Focuspunch/Swift, thus a really awesome moveset for good battles.

The battle turned out to be.... Cute charm, Sleep, Cute charm, Sleep. Seriously, more variation please? All these disable moves really lowered the pacing of the battle.

Another complaint is the music. The movie 10 music, which almost the whole battle consisted of, only fits for one theme: Ghost/dark themed episodes. It was great hearing it back in DP90, but the tracks just don't fit in contests, and especially in battles. The intensity vanishes with it. They should've used some good ol' Kanto battle music, like they did in the Drew/May kanto gf O.o

The Yuri plot was quite good, but the battle kinda killed this episode for me.
    Last edited by Durden; 26th September 2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Basically the same way Dustox did when Jesse won, just with Jesse cosplaying as Fantina(massive Engrish!). Looks like she's gonna be a one trick pony unless she can think up something new for Yanmega.
    Wonder if Jessie will come up with something new in the next contest?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast