Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 142

Thread: Battling the Generation Gap! (563)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,131

    Default

    you never know, Jessie might actually do a proper appeal next time...ha!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Since the topic of Movie 10 music was brought up, it's not like episodes focused on ghost/dark types really pop up on a regular basis. Darkrai's Theme or whatever the hell the official name is may work better for those types of episodes due to the fact that it was used that way in the movie, and I'm sure it will be beaten to a pulp in Hearthome Gym, but I don't really view it as being totally unfitting for standard battles when used appropriately. Here, it was used to signify the tide turning in Yuri's favor (complete with dramatic light effects), so I don't feel like it was randomly thrown in there.

    What I would like to hear again from DP090 that does fit in any battle, however, is that spruced-up mix of the DP gym battle theme.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  3. #53

    Default

    This episode was awesome.
    I liked the parallel between Dawn's battle with Yuri and her moms, with Delcatty using the same moves and stuff.
    Buneary's appeal was pretty nice
    Ambipom really stepped up and showed its stuff, which is great, because it needed a big victory.
    Jessie disguised as Jessilina cosplaying as Fantina was great.

    overall a great episode, also Buneary's first appeal and Ambipom's first contest battle under Dawn's command
    I'm back


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    456

    Default

    yay dawn won

    im amazed by Ambipoms swift
    know the one at the end
    ^ ^
    0 0
    o

    Loving You Is Cherry Pie, Cause You Know That Baby I,
    Im Your Biggest Fan,
    I'll Follow You Until You Love Me.








    Etc.
    Credit: Banner-Skiyomi
    Claimed Song:
    LoveGame-Lady Gaga

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eich - Kei
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Hmm, I wonder what Delcatty used to disappear, and then appeared on Ambipom's tail.

    Anywho, I hope Dawn uses the new dress that was shown in the end in her next contest. The pink dress is kinda getting old. XD

    Yes, I'm sad to say that from this date, I'm going to be
    COMPLETELY INACTIVE
    . I lost my interest in SPPf,
    and I'm going to be 99% inactive due to iRL things. Bye!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amongst many places...
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aerisLana View Post
    Hmm, I wonder what Delcatty used to disappear, and then appeared on Ambipom's tail.
    Substitute.

    Anywho, I hope Dawn uses the new dress that was shown in the end in her next contest. The pink dress is kinda getting old.
    I don't think it was a dress.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,759

    Default

    I'm glad that Gliscor made it home
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    you never know, Jessie might actually do a proper appeal next time...ha!
    It might happen...or not.

    Meh, at least this contest shows that despite beating May and Yuri, Dawn still needs some work.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Jessie's constantly using the flying trick. It's not anything new and she has really worn it out. Her style is too repetitive; there really should be variation and variety in the kinds of appeals or she'll never get past the first round ever again.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Jessie should tihnk of something more creative and something that uses the attacks of her polemon more.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, England
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Until MEGAYanma learns some more attacks (Hopefully something Psychic) it isn't that good an appeal Pokemon.

    But good to see Hikari win another contest without Hitlup. It would have been better to use Pachi but Ambipom is good too. The battle was very good and well animated and it didn't have the Symphonic Melody in the background! Almost the definition of WIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

    Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

    ~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

    ~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

    ~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Steel View Post
    Jessie's constantly using the flying trick. It's not anything new and she has really worn it out. Her style is too repetitive; there really should be variation and variety in the kinds of appeals or she'll never get past the first round ever again.
    That's the thing. She knows now that she won that past contest on skill alone, without help from James and Meowth, so now she's overconfident. That's been a running subplot.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    Until MEGAYanma learns some more attacks (Hopefully something Psychic) it isn't that good an appeal Pokemon.
    Yanmega does know some decent attacks to make a great appeal. Jessie just doesn't use them properly.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    That's the thing. She knows now that she won that past contest on skill alone, without help from James and Meowth, so now she's overconfident. That's been a running subplot.
    Wonder if she'll ever snap out of it? Probably not.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    out of the woods
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    It was a great episode! I wish Jessie would stop using the flying trick and use something else!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    um I dunno, I think I'm lost.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    I Think When She Gets over Herself She will start winning

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    um I dunno, I think I'm lost.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    I Think When She Gets over Herself She will start winning

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It was an enjoyable battle but some things bothered me. When Amipom knocks Delcatty to the ground, Delcatty almost lost half its points, (brings back memories of Skitty depleting half of Dusclops points in the same manner), and then toward the end Dawn had way less points than Yuri, but that last Swift attack managed to take out all the rest of Yuri's points?

    I realize complaining about the point meter is useless since most Contests are like this, but with Ambipom taking so much damage and Delcatty only getting hit a few times, its rather hard to believe.
    I felt the same. The writers maybe could make the point meter make a LITTLE more plausible. Ambidiffel was either asleep or stunned because of attract for a few minutes during the battle but she didn´t loose much points out of it. at least in comparssion to Yuri´s point loss when Ambidiffel countered her Enekoro. but...meh...that´s a problem that should be minor I think..it still bothers me.

    After finally watching Wall-e this weekend ( damn you, Disney...why did Germany have to wait for SO long?!) I was kinda spoiled by its awesomeness so that this contest felt kinda lackluster right after watching robots in space...but having rewatched the episode again today I really enjoyed it. of course I m too late to bring anything new to the table...but...damn, Yuri was a nice character, Jessie and Megayanma are awesome, Brock and Ash should always wear clothes like in the end and Ambidiffel is the epitome of cuteness.


    Oh, yeah...I really liked how substitute was shown in the anime. Reminded me of some early DragonBall battles ( when everything was cool and Son Goku was still 15). I hope somebody of the main characters teaches this attack to one of their pokemon. I think it is a perfect move for Ambi.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I felt the same. The writers maybe could make the point meter make a LITTLE more plausible. Ambidiffel was either asleep or stunned because of attract for a few minutes during the battle but she didn´t loose much points out of it. at least in comparssion to Yuri´s point loss when Ambidiffel countered her Enekoro. but...meh...that´s a problem that should be minor I think..it still bothers me.
    Yeah, but as said, the point bar has always been skewed toward the main characters. I realize the battle was rushed because it was only a 1 ep Contest, and this tended to be a problem in a few of May's like the Skitty Vs. Dusclops one and the Brock Contest, where the point bar was terrible and ruined those battles.

    Anyway it was still a good episode. This is why people like 1-shot rivals, they're entertaining. Let's see less of Zoey and more one-shot coordinators like this.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    There was nothing wrong with the point bar.

    Comparing to the giant diamond Swift and Cute Charm and Sing that Yuri did, I don't see why there is any problems with the point bar. Yuri's strategy mostly depends on not being actually hit by the Pokemon. Well with that amazing swift countering substitute has got to impress the judges very much considering Yuri's strategy.

    I don't remember any complaining about the point bar when Ash use Ice Aqua Jet on Kyle's Lanturn) and how Kyle lost even more points than Yuri did). It basically has the same kind of appeal.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the point bar.

    Comparing to the giant diamond Swift and Cute Charm and Sing that Yuri did, I don't see why there is any problems with the point bar. Yuri's strategy mostly depends on not being actually hit by the Pokemon. Well with that amazing swift countering substitute has got to impress the judges very much considering Yuri's strategy.

    I don't remember any complaining about the point bar when Ash use Ice Aqua Jet on Kyle's Lanturn) and how Kyle lost even more points than Yuri did). It basically has the same kind of appeal.
    My gripe with the point bar in this episode was that it clearly favored Hikari over Yuri. When Ambipom was asleep (!) and hit in a stylish way of it being all windmill like, Hikari only lost a little less than 1/8 of her points.
    When Ambipom hit Delcatty with double attack during it was attracted Yuri lost more points than Hikari did before.
    The ending was kinda close with the points, but it wouldn´t have been if Hikari would have lost the points she deserved for having a Pokemon asleep and slapped around for a good time of the contest.

    But complaining about the point bas IS kinda nitpicking and I now that, and any discussion about it is tedious because of that...but it still bothered me when I watched the episode ^^"

    Haruka got a lot hate and almost every victory of Hikari is approved by the fans...but when you think about it...I still don´t like the battle against Kengo that much and Haruka lost because the writers made her newbe-stupid in her battle... but I might be just in a mad mood today, who knows?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  22. #72

    Default

    umm.... question i cant figure it out what delcatty use always is it charge beam or thunderbolt or thundeshock. i look into DPPt pokedex and only chargebeam and thunder bolt and thunder i can see for what i have noticed that in the anime that the new electric attacks that shown in the anime is blue electric and also pacharisus atk was blue and it was discharge so what did delcatty use in the contest?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan16 View Post
    umm.... question i cant figure it out what delcatty use always is it charge beam or thunderbolt or thundeshock. i look into DPPt pokedex and only chargebeam and thunder bolt and thunder i can see for what i have noticed that in the anime that the new electric attacks that shown in the anime is blue electric and also pacharisus atk was blue and it was discharge so what did delcatty use in the contest?
    Shock Wave. It was called out as "Dengekiha", which is the Japanese name of Shock Wave.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Steel View Post
    Shock Wave. It was called out as "Dengekiha", which is the Japanese name of Shock Wave.
    Yep, that attack was definitely Shock Wave.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,759

    Default

    Is no one else happy that Gliscor made it home okay?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •