Thread: Pidgeot and Butterfree's return

Default Pidgeot and Butterfree's return

Like the title say,we'll discuss about 2 of the original six pokemon Ash has ever owned:Pidgeot,caught as Pidgeotto and Butterfree,caught as Caterpie.

If you remember,in the episode Pidgeotto evolved,Ash promised he'll just leave it with the flock of Pidgey,protecting it,only for a a short time.But,years have passed and this "short time" hasn't ended yet.It is quite strange if you thik that theoretically,Pidgeot should be in the Viridian Forest,a place which Ash always see and in which he goes when he returns home from a region.So why didn't we see Pidgeot in any of those episodes ?
    It was captured by a trainer ?
    It died ?
    Back when we were on Sinnoh League,I was hoping for an epic episode where TR has stealed all of ash and co's pokemon and they were trying to kill ash with the claw of their robot and BOOM it is destroyed in one second by a shadow which is Pidgeot.But,it seems this wasn't planned by any of the Sinnoh writers.

BUTTERFREE

As we know,Butterfree is now happy with his mate and probably with his babies.Fans wanted it to come back...but this is normal.
    what do you think,it doesn't remember the way home or it does and returned at the place where Ash left it and didn't find him or he died after mating ?

Raneni

They were released, so I don't care about either of them anymore.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    They were released, so I don't care about either of them anymore.
    Released...so ? They were still Ash's pokemon at some point and if we were to bet,I think Ash still have their pokeballs.
    ANNND,remember,Pokemon started with them
    Raneni

It's been too many seasons since we last saw of them. Yeah, sure, they have cameos in the openings, but that's it. We're not going to see them any time soon. Maybe in passing, but I don't think that has even happened. This is like asking if we'll be seeing Primeape again, or even Haunter, we all know what the answer is going to be. I would like to see them again, it's just that the odds are really against us.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Primape and pidgeot are the two i think could make a return but bitterfree mostlikly will not ever return but it is a slim chance to see any of them again

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

first i taught we d see pidgeot whenever ash returns in pallet, but no. then i was thinking, we'll see it in battle frontier, but no! those two were the biggest chances!

now what i hope, a new-last saga in kanto, where ash will battle the old gyms and new ones, where pidgeot and primeape would return+ other old and new pokemon! odd chances but i still hope!

as for butterfree, i remember brock saying back then that butterfrees die after breeding...correct me if i m wrong!
    // apparently i'm wrong
    Last edited by takecare; 10th January 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Butterfree won't return. Unlike the others, who were given specific tasks (Pidgeot) or put into some sort of training (Primeape, Charizard), Butterfree was released to go be happy. He started with his goal of evolving into Butterfree. He did that. He has a life now outside of Ash. Good for him.

Pidgeot was frankly a boring Pokemon that gets credit due to nostalgia. We can debate about if it was bad writing or whatever that made him boring, but the fact was he is and later regional birds have been handled much better.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

At least we know the writers haven't forgotten: Pidgeot, Butterfree and Primeape were all included in the Spurt! theme song.

Example:
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upl...eape_Spurt.png

The writers made them appear in 1 opening thats it they should have been in at least an episode to when they left, I love pidgeot I wonder why the writers decided to release it, it was so loyal and would do anything to save Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    At least we know the writers haven't forgotten: Pidgeot, Butterfree and Primeape were all included in the Spurt! theme song.

Example:
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upl...eape_Spurt.png
    That was six years ago?

They're not coming back. Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor came back because they weren't actually released, and were left for training a long time after Butterfree and Pidgeot were.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The writers made them appear in 1 opening thats it they should have been in at least an episode to when they left, I love pidgeot I wonder why the writers decided to release it, it was so loyal and would do anything to save Ash.
    To make room for Lapras and Snorlax. Simple. Same reason they had Heracross go to Oak so early, and had Gliscor leave; it was time for Ash to catch something new in the new region and the idea of rebooting his team and just Oaking everyone wouldn't become the standard for a long time.

Speaking of which, do we even see Muk glomping Oak anymore? And Bulbasaur is at Oak's Corral, right?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    To make room for Lapras and Snorlax. Simple. Same reason they had Heracross go to Oak so early, and had Gliscor leave; it was time for Ash to catch something new in the new region and the idea of rebooting his team and just Oaking everyone wouldn't become the standard for a long time.
    They could have just put him at Oak's at least but I guess the writers weren't going to always do that so the release was another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Speaking of which, do we even see Muk glomping Oak anymore? And Bulbasaur is at Oak's Corral, right?
    Bulbasaur was seen sucking on Bulbasaur's bulb back in DP182 or whatever the episode was where Ash reunited with a lot of his old Pokemon. I THINK Muk was briefly shown as well, but I could be wrong.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

And now that Ash is in the Unova region, there's an even more unlikely chance they'll return

Because of Gen V ignoring the existence of non-Gen V Pokemon except for Pikachu and Meowth, I'm not expecting reunions with Ash's released Pokemon anymore.

Butterfree might be dead (but we don't know, he can be dead or just be mating and alive), and even if he is still alive, I don't think he will ever return. Not even if the "no-older-Pokemon-thing" stops in the next saga. How is Butterfree supposed to find Ash, and how is Ash supposed to find Butterfree?

A reunion with Pidgeot is easier, because he'll (probably) be in the Viridian Forest, so finding it won't be as hard as finding Butterfree. Not that I'm expecting it. Ash promised it to come back, but he never did... So why will he do that now?

If the writers had any intention of Ash seeing Butterfree and/or Pidgeot back, they would have done that seasons ago, probably still in Jotho! I'd love to see Pidgeot and especially Butterfree back, but I'm not expecting it.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 11th January 2012 at 6:49 PM.

People still discuss this? It's been 15 years since their release. And nearing 10 since the Spurt! Opening. I'm pretty sure they'll never be brought up again.

Specially not now, considering the chances we'll see Ash's Oak'd Pokemon this series are slim to non.

Also, aren't this types of topics banned? <_<
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    Also, aren't this types of topics banned? <_<
    Indeed, they are.

It may be in need of updating, but the Banned Topics thread is still very much a part of the rules and needs to be read. As long as there is no hint pointing towards Pidgeot's or Butterfree's return, there is nothing to be discussed any more. It'll be nothing more than an endless cycle of "I think they will return!" and "I think they won't!". The same applies to the reasons for their absence.