Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1133

Thread: Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Looking over Hoenn and Johto, the gaps between Gyms actually seem to be pretty standard in those seasons. About 13-14 episodes each. The longest in Johto I think is between Morty and Chuck's Gym, which isn't that bad. Hoenn seems to have the best average with Gym Battles though, each one being placed around the same time.
    I wouldn't say that for Johto, the spans between gyms seemed to vary between 12-14 episodes to almost 20, it was random.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Besides the background noises of birds and insects, and the coral in Movie #9, what was the last episode to feature a real-world animal in it? I THINK there was a real-world animal's picture in some Poke Center or random building during an early D/P episode, but I can't seem to remember clearly.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Is battling pokemon ethical? Do pokemon ever die?

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pom Pom View Post
    Is battling pokemon ethical? Do pokemon ever die?
    There's never been like a group against Pokemon battling in the anime, as far as I know. But there are various rules and laws about battling. For example, like in the games, trainers usually wait until a wild Pokemon makes their presence known and shows that they want to battle. And as we've seen before, there are multiple wild life reserves set up so Pokemon can live free without the fear of being captured.

    Do they die? There's been references to how they could die (Charmander's flame being put out) and it does make sense. But I don't think we've ever seen one die on-camera; nor do I remember any references to a story of a Pokemon dying.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,889

    Default

    Pokemon have died in the movies, but I think it has only been references a few times anime wise.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  6. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    364

    Default

    But no one ever died because of battling! *HI 5*


  7. #257
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fukuoka, Japan
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The Johto episodes aren't sold anymore on DVD. Or so I suppose. I checked on Amazon and they go for pretty big bucks, or I can't tell which DVD is the first one. Do we know if they are going to be released again like the Indigo league was?


    Platinum FC: 1333 3734 5151

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    20

    Default

    hasn't there benn any clues or whatever to tell us what could happen after sinnoh i'we heard about johto but is there anything that tells us thats going to happen hehe im just hoping for another generation

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I really didn't know where to ask this, so i'll just say it here: How come, after today's new episode, I spotted the old 4Kids logo at the end of the ending credits?

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    It's most likely stock credits from when 4Kids dubbed Pokémon. A 4Kids representitive said on a YouTube page late last year that they weren't associated with Pokémon anymore so it's nothing to worry about if you hate 4Kids.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 7th June 2009 at 8:13 PM.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  11. #261

    Default

    ...I''ve been looking for Watashi Makenai textless (no credits or lyrics) and Kimi no Soba de textless (no credits or lyrics) everywhere but haven't found them

    I did find Mezase Pokemon Master and SPURT textless but that's all...

    If anyone knows where I can get haruka's theme and hikari's theme textless please let me know? i'd be forever greatful... Thanks
    __________________

    Hi everyone. I'm looking for the original picture that was used to make the picture you see below. If anyone has it or know where I can get it or know where I can get Haruka and Hikari's themes textless please pm me I'd really appreciate it.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I have been tracking through some songs that was said to be played in the anime, and one I came across was "We will Meet Again," performed by who I believe is Eric Stuart. I do not think I have heard the song anywhere in the anime, but then again, I haven't seen much of Johto or Hoenn; maybe it was played there. Could someone tell me where this song was played, IF it was played at all?
    Nope. "We Will Meet Again" has never been played in the anime.

    It's simply the ending song from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (the 8th movie).

    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Reflection View Post
    Maybe not but it gives the dubbers more time to dub other episodes. You should be happy that it's only 20 episodes because before it was around 50 episodes in Hoenn.
    Yeah, the dubbers are already moving at a fast pace right now.

    If they dubbed episodes any faster, the quality of the dub would be even worse than it already is.

    Quote Originally Posted by iraqmaster View Post
    I don't know all of them, but one was Season One's " The School of Hard Knocks".
    Besides that episode, Rachael Lillis was also the voice of Pikachu in the very first episode, "Pokemon I Choose You". And I'll let you know if I can think of any more episodes.
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa; 13th June 2009 at 7:38 AM.
    Ash from "The Scuffle of Legends"

    "I'm not leavin' Pikachu. There's no way I could run off and leave it here all alone. I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna help. Even if I have to battle Kyogre and Groudon by myself."



  13. #263
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Will Ash ever reach the age to become aware of the many females around him?
    Credit for banner goes to interstellas

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tropical Resort
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    Will Ash ever reach the age to become aware of the many females around him?
    As soon as the anime becomes directed towards hormonal teenagers that want romance to be evident and have a crucial importance to the story.

    In other words, don't count on it.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Crystal Tokyo
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Ok, I'm not sure if this question warrants a discussion or not, but here goes.

    As we know, several years ago, production of the dub went from 4kids to Pokémon USA, PUSA for short. Well, with this new season, and possibly the last season of the dub as well, at the very end of the Cartoon Network half-screen credits, I've been seeing the old (very old) 4kids logo. Not the new, bubbly, multicolored one, but the old rectangular, metallic colored logo. I just watched "Dealing With Defensive Types" on Cartoon Network, and there it was.

    Could ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, tell me what is going on? I looked at both 4kids websites, both 4kids.tv and 4kidstv.com, and neither has any mention of Pokémon. At all. (I just got back from checking the official site, and they don't have any mentions of it either... that I saw. Wish they had a search feature.)

    EDIT: For those wondering which logo I'm referring to, see PE2K's November 16, 204 newspost regarding Pokémon Chronicles.
    Last edited by Ryuu-Anima; 23rd June 2009 at 6:19 PM.
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu-Anima View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure if this question warrants a discussion or not, but here goes.

    As we know, several years ago, production of the dub went from 4kids to Pokémon USA, PUSA for short. Well, with this new season, and possibly the last season of the dub as well, at the very end of the Cartoon Network half-screen credits, I've been seeing the old (very old) 4kids logo. Not the new, bubbly, multicolored one, but the old rectangular, metallic colored logo. I just watched "Dealing With Defensive Types" on Cartoon Network, and there it was.

    Could ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, tell me what is going on? I looked at both 4kids websites, both 4kids.tv and 4kidstv.com, and neither has any mention of Pokémon. At all. (I just got back from checking the official site, and they don't have any mentions of it either... that I saw. Wish they had a search feature.)

    EDIT: For those wondering which logo I'm referring to, see PE2K's November 16, 204 newspost regarding Pokémon Chronicles.
    It's stock credits. 4Kids Entertainment aren't involved with the anime anymore.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Crystal Tokyo
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Ok, thanks. So, Cartoon Network is just reusing old credits, then? Or did PUSA just neglect to take that bit out when they started the series?
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Is moeyo gizamimi pichu ever getting a full version? I know that its was created just to give publicity for gizamimi pichu not making it a "real" song.

    So will there be an extended version or just the tv version like kimi no soba de winter version/together 2008?

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Even if it was a "fake" song(somehow not embracing the spirit of DP), only remixes don't get full versions.

    You got a live-action tv performance anyway, that automatically kicks the extra minute's arse.


  20. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu-Anima View Post
    Ok, thanks. So, Cartoon Network is just reusing old credits, then? Or did PUSA just neglect to take that bit out when they started the series?
    I don't know actually. You could try e-mailing the dubing company to find out why they actually have those credits airing.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Crystal Tokyo
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I don't know actually. You could try e-mailing the dubing company to find out why they actually have those credits airing.
    Eh, maybe. Doubt I'd get an answer.
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    Even if it was a "fake" song(somehow not embracing the spirit of DP), only remixes don't get full versions.

    You got a live-action tv performance anyway, that automatically kicks the extra minute's arse.
    Lol, its because i've been expecting the single for a long time and I haven't even heard news of it. And Kimi no Soba De Pop-Up Version got a full/extended version. And imo the live-action taping of shoko-tan singing the song was just a cheap way of promoting two shows at once.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Now that I think about, calling it live-action is going a little too far. The only ones in drag are the fursuits that show up every week. It's just a minute and a half of live performance. Although nobody was on keyboard. And the girl could have been lip-synching the whole time.

    Now I feel like it was total rip-off.


  24. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genome View Post
    Now that I think about, calling it live-action is going a little too far. The only ones in drag are the fursuits that show up every week. It's just a minute and a half of live performance. Although nobody was on keyboard. And the girl could have been lip-synching the whole time.

    Now I feel like it was total rip-off.
    Pokemon sunday isn't live, but I do believe she sings it. They could have just added the music in the backround like most single artists that don't have bands.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    896

    Default

    In the very first episode, what Pokemon did Gary choose? I don't think Gary told anyone. Also, who chose the Pokemon that Gary didn't choose? According to the episode guide that Serebii has on the website, it says that each of the 3 starters are seen in the episode.
    00][/CENTER]

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •