Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Animé Questions **READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD**

But there are pokémon that do evolve by stones. For example, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon evolve by stones. In one of the Pikachu Shorts, I'm pretty sure that Exeggute evolved using stones after the storm. I can't remember if they were wild or not though.

Evolution is a "whatever the writers feel like" concept and is often watere down to a plot device. For example, Pokemon do not evolve during a battle in the games or at completely random moments, but they do in the anime.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I think evolution in the anime is a bit more realistic than in the games. Because let's face it every game has to have it's limitations as to what it can do. Does it really matter if a Pokemon evolves randomly?

So in other words, trading and stones mean nothing and all Pokemon can evolve naturally like Exeggute and Misty's Poliwhirl
    That's a tad unfair because Misty's Poliwhirl didn't evolve like nothing. What the anime did (they did this for that Clamperl episode), was tranfer the Pokemon from one place to another is probably enough to be considered "trade evolutions."

Remember in the episode Misty's Poliwhirl evolved. Do remember how it had the king's rock and there was a time they didn't have any of their Pokemon with them when Team Rocket stole the guy's Poliwrath. Then they went to the Pokemon Center on the side of the road, and called the town's Pokemon center and they transfered their Pokemon to them, then the next time Misty sends out Poliwhirl it evolves. I think just the transference of one Pokemon Center to another (in the anime) was enough to trigger the evolution.

And also just because we don't see a full stone, it doesn't mean it didn't evolve that way, there could of been tiny bits of leaf stone in the air or in the soil.

How would stone-induced/item-induced (King's Rock, etc) and trade evolution work in the wild? For example, if a wild Pikachu wanted to evolve or a wild Kadabra?
    I also think in the anime there are different methods of triggering evolution. At least it's the case with Slowbro and Slowking. So maybe if the wild Pokemon had enough power it could just evolve on their own. Or maybe with stone induced evolutions, there could be similar radiation objects out there.

Or maybe the wild Pikachu worship a gigantic thunder stone, once a month and only the lucky chosen ones get to evolve into Raichu.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Does anyone remember from the episode Some Like It Hot!, Misty's exact reason (quote preferred) for why she loves Water-Types?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I posted this in the main shippers part but was recommended to post here...
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me of any episodes where one of the girls (not just Misty, May & Dawn) have a crush on ash? If you could link that would be really helpful thanks
    Last edited by Mikeo6464; 26th January 2009 at 1:04 AM. Reason: I didn't mean to say link i now have reprased it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeo6464 View Post
    I posted this in the main shippers part but was recommended to post here...
    Just wondering if anyone could link any episodes where one of the girls (not just Misty, May & Dawn) have a crush on ash? If you could link that would be really helpful thanks
    While I think asking for episode links are not allowed (Are download sites and watch sites one and the same?), there is no episode that explicitly states that any of the main girls have a crush on him, except for Pokeshipping in the Orange Islands and the second movie. This is usually left to the animation to fill in that blank. I'll try to answer them though:

Misty: Wherefore Art Thou, Pokemon?, Pokemon the Movie 2000, Love, Pokemon Style, and Misty Meets Her Match.

Anabel: Second Time's the Charm

Angie: The Summer School episodes and the Daycare Center episode

Macey: Love, Pokemon Style!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    While I think asking for episode links are not allowed (Are download sites and watch sites one and the same?), there is no episode that explicitly states that any of the main girls have a crush on him, except for Pokeshipping in the Orange Islands and the second movie. This is usually left to the animation to fill in that blank. I'll try to answer them though:

Misty: Wherefore Art Thou, Pokemon?, Pokemon the Movie 2000, Love, Pokemon Style, and Misty Meets Her Match.

Anabel: Second Time's the Charm

Angie: The Summer School episodes and the Daycare Center episode

Macey: Love, Pokemon Style!
    Thanks alot!

I dont't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know where I can but season 3 on DVD? I've looked on ebay, but could only find seasons 4 and 5 in the johto saga.

Quote Originally Posted by himtay View Post
    I dont't know if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know where I can but season 3 on DVD? I've looked on ebay, but could only find seasons 4 and 5 in the johto saga.
    I believe you can get most seasons on Amazon, if I'm not mistaken.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Thank you.
    Is it available in a box set though?

Quote Originally Posted by himtay View Post
    Thank you.
    Is it available in a box set though?
    I bet Amazon.com would have the answer.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

No, Season 3 is not on Boxset
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default Ritchie's Clothes

I'm writing a Pokemon fanfic using Ritchie and I was wondering, are Ritchie's aqua and yellow clothes supposed to be a tracksuit and a vest, or a jumpsuit/flightsuit and a vest? It originally struck me as a tracksuit or sweatsuit, but some people on various forums have been calling it a jumpsuit.

It just doesn't seem like a jumpsuit to me. Something about the pants doesn't quite match up to the shirt. The pants seem to be made of a heavier material while the shirt seems like lighter cloth, in my opinion.

It could always optionally be both, zipping together at the waist like a motorcycle racing suit.

We'll probably never know for certain, as no-one's clothes ever seem to get messed up no matter what physical activity/injury/fall they've just taken part in. Ash's black shirt has always stayed perfectly tucked in in every episode that he's worn it, as far as I can remember.

I'm a sticker for technical accuracy in my stories, plus, his outfit was just cool.

Thanks.

Peace out and God bless.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I was just wondering what happens to a trainer's pokemon should something happen to the trainer, like if he dies or something?

probably get adopted or they just run away.. but then again what happens if they are in the poke balls?
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I was just wondering what happens to a trainer's pokemon should something happen to the trainer, like if he dies or something?
    I doubt anything that extreme has ever happened. There have been cases where people give a Pokemon to another to raise it for a long time (Brock's Vulpix), and abandonment (Charmander and, to a lesser extent, Chimchar), and then there Mystery Trainers #2 and #3 from Kanto who have all their Pokemon at Oak's Ranch.

The Ninetales and the Mansion episode glosses over that issue. Just Waiting On A Friend, I believe, since it is engraved into my brain tissue.

Default Team Rocket sinnoh motto

WHY do Team Rocket change there motto every episode in Sinnoh?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    WHY do Team Rocket change there motto every episode in Sinnoh?
    They don't change it completely. All they do is add little bits to fit the situation. Which they've done for pretty much the entire duration of the show.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

I was just wondering if any other regions have been mention in the anime?

kanto,johto,hoenn,sinnoh,?????

Quote Originally Posted by #1-Icelandic-Pokemon-Fan View Post
    I was just wondering if any other regions have been mention in the anime?

kanto,johto,hoenn,sinnoh,?????
    Well they did go to Hollywood that one time. But no other Pokemon regions.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Did Brock ever use his Heavy Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-saur View Post
    Well they did go to Hollywood that one time. But no other Pokemon regions.
    It's not ACTUALLY Hollywood. Like a few other places in the games and movies, it's based around a real world area, and you certainly get the feel that it's Hollywood, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Did Brock ever use his Heavy Ball?
    No.

I have been tracking through some songs that was said to be played in the anime, and one I came across was "We will Meet Again," performed by who I believe is Eric Stuart. I do not think I have heard the song anywhere in the anime, but then again, I haven't seen much of Johto or Hoenn; maybe it was played there. Could someone tell me where this song was played, IF it was played at all?

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    Since death isn't a subject they've touched on in the animé, no-one really knows, I suppose the pokémon would realize though and become wild once more, though, I'm not sure.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast