Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing Its Lustrous (564)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post

All I have to say is this: Team Galactic owns every other Team in the Pokemon World up till now. Having their own leader as part of the main group and keep it under wraps and have no one know (sadly, it helps that Ash and Dawn aren't exactly observant to begin with. Though, I could imagine this episode/the whole show would be written entirely different if they were) is pretty damn impressive.

Now, I don't really know if it was mentioned or not, but was I the only one who was willing to facepalm after the realization that both Ash, Dawn and Brock revealed the locations of the three legendary sprites? I mean, I'm not sure if TG already knew about it in the games, but now, Cyrus knows exactly where each of them are. Oy, its times like these that really make me want to reconsider the thinking process of the writers at times. Granted, this does allow TG to go after the trio; which happens in the games anyways (really, it's inevitable, and had to happen somehow). But having the protagonists reveal things to the villains is something that I think will come back to haunt them once Cyrus does eventually reveal who he in fact is. Just saying.

Otherwise, the pace was well set. The best part was when Brock does his typical flirt routine, then abruptly stops on his own due to the timing of things once he realizes that Croagunk isn't going to jab him. I mean, give it some time, and there's a slim chance Brock could potentially break the habit ('course, we'd be out of a running gag then wouldn't we?).
    Answering your points in order:

1) No, the twerps are not observant- not even Brock when it comes to villains in disguise. However, I think we have to give them a pass on this one, because both Cynthia and her grandmother have been taken in too. Right now, they consider Cyrus a friend and benefactor. This can't end well.

2) Have to give them a pass on this one, too. It's been shown that a lot of people know about the sprites, so they didn't reveal anything other than the fact that they'd actually seen them. Although that could end badly, too, since Cyrus seems to think that there's a connection.

3) I wouldn't mind a slow breaking of this habit. Maybe have Brock rein it in a bit, just lightly flirting, and every now and then have a relapse.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    Answering your points in order:

1) No, the twerps are not observant- not even Brock when it comes to villains in disguise. However, I think we have to give them a pass on this one, because both Cynthia and her grandmother have been taken in too. Right now, they consider Cyrus a friend and benefactor. This can't end well.
    Oops... forgot about Cynthia/Grandmother for a sec. Then again, I was merely relating to pixies location revelation thing.

2) Have to give them a pass on this one, too. It's been shown that a lot of people know about the sprites, so they didn't reveal anything other than the fact that they'd actually seen them. Although that could end badly, too, since Cyrus seems to think that there's a connection.
    Considering how planned out TG seems to be, I wouldn't doubt that he's had the sprites as part of it at some point. Granted, I'm going by the games on this one.

3) I wouldn't mind a slow breaking of this habit. Maybe have Brock rein it in a bit, just lightly flirting, and every now and then have a relapse.
    True, but it was done nicely in this ep because it seemed Brock was actually aware of the timing of his own jabs. Hence the gag.

*C_L*

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Awe man, Sean voiced Cyrus...amazing. I've seen Schemmel in many anime shows, even our American Anime (Kappa Mikey). Man, what a talented guy. I can't wait to see next weeks episode, and see what Cyrus will be doing next. Maybe well see him in his Team Galactic outfit.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Mars's voice sounded like Liza from the Johto season. Are their VA's the same?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I actually thought Mar's high-pitched voice fitted her nicely.

o: She does seem like the underaged and snobby/childish commander. In the games she whines when she loses. (:

But yesss, I hope they don't screw up with Jupiter's voice. She should definitely have a very mature womanly voice. :3

This episode was great. I like how Brock expected Croagunk’s Poison Jab, but never happened. Multiple times too. Overall, a pretty exciting episode since in a long time.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

So Lisa Ortiz was Mars. I knew I heard that bland generic voice somewhere before thousands and thousands of times with no range whatsoever.

Oh yeah, episode, good. Toxicroak STABING Croagunk was awesome.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

I was really disappointed when Toxicroak stabbed Croagunk....
    I sort of expected this whole dramatic scene about how Croagunk dies.
    But NOOOOO, it just has to be rated PG >:[

Mars' voice was typical OmniOrtiz fare(granted I haven't watched the dub in a while so I didn't quite catch who it was at first, but it still sounded familiar. That's what happens when every character you voice has the exact same voice, I guess), Cyrus...I really want the man to have a deep voice, but I also want him to be eight feet tall like he is in the manga. Can't have everything, can I? And his voice isn't really bad, just disappointing after the awesome voice I gave him in my head.

Hopefully Jupiter gets a decent voice. Hey, they already used up their Ortiz quotient for TG, right?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I watched episode and it was really cool. It was cool seeing Cynthia again and meeting with Cyrus and it was weird when Croagunk wasn't PoisonJabing Brock...
    But Mars, hm she sounded like she's a little girl...

You know Mars's voice reminded me of Amy Rose hedgehog from the Sonic X series. Kinda ironic, huh?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This was a good episode, but honestly CN should just show both part instead of just splitting them up a week apart. I kinda wanna see how this turns out.

Also I thought it was obvious that Cyrus was a villain. I mean the ominous shadow. The crazy, evil smirk... He had the expressions of a villain.

I do hope Brock sees that last lake guardian though. After all each member of the twerps should see at least one of them. Plus Croagunk was pretty cool this episode.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    I sort of expected this whole dramatic scene about how Croagunk dies.
    Pokémon don't die outside of movies. Heck, even those deaths are strange. Some come back and others turn into things.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    You know Mars's voice reminded me of Amy Rose hedgehog from the Sonic X series. Kinda ironic, huh?
    Assuming this is actually serious (which is supported by user's past posts), it's the same VA. The fact that you unknowingly drew the parallel is yet another testament to the incredible, boundless, horizon-leaping, without-limits range and talent of one Lisa Ortiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Pokémon don't die outside of movies. Heck, even those deaths are strange. Some come back and others turn into things.
    I don't know how valid the theory of Ghost Pokemon reincarnation is considered (I haven't heard such theory repeated in games or anime for ten years), but I think coming back as a Drifloon would be quite awkward indeed.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelster View Post
    but honestly CN should just show both part instead of just splitting them up a week apart. I kinda wanna see how this turns out.

Also I thought it was obvious that Cyrus was a villain. I mean the ominous shadow. The crazy, evil smirk... He had the expressions of a villain.

I do hope Brock sees that last lake guardian though. After all each member of the twerps should see at least one of them. Plus Croagunk was pretty cool this episode.
    I agree with the first part, Dont know why CN has to do that, Although I havnt watched the ep yet, Mite watch it later online
    Cool site to Watch Pokemon

This episode was great ven tough they could have put part 2 in as well. I wish that it was a bit longer though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Assuming this is actually serious (which is supported by user's past posts), it's the same VA. The fact that you unknowingly drew the parallel is yet another testament to the incredible, boundless, horizon-leaping, without-limits range and talent of one Lisa Ortiz.
    I suppose, but it still seems weird to me.

Kinda sucks that CN isn't showing two new episode of Pokémon any more, I wanted to hear the second part in English too.

I just want to see more of Cynthia, and honestly I hope at some point Croagunk beats the living tar out of that Toxicroak.
    Well let me tell ya something brotha'! The Buizelster doesn't stay down while all the little Buizelmaniacs believe! So what 'cha gonna do now brotha'? What 'cha gonna do when Buizelmania runs wild on youuuuuuuuu!

I see Croagunk beating that Toxicroak up around the end of the Sinnoh saga. And like alot of ppl said, they should have showed both episodes on Saturday instead of splitting them up.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Wonder how *****y Jupiter will sound? I see her sounding very sadistic or something.

I expect great things from the Pika plasma lamp. Discharge should have been done this way.

Tell me again what Croagunk put in his job application under "Do you hallucinate a lot?"

If Amy Rose was evil, this is how she would've done it.

"Do we have to steal the orb right now? I just got my hair the way I wanted!"

Presenting the professor of Chaos studies, and all things wiping life on earth-like.

Can you help me count how many spastic expressions Cyrus will make today?

A Meowth on four legs. It's been a while.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If Galactic can afford several choppers for an orb, then Cyrus can fix that Botox.

Not you too, Croagunk. This week's episode brought to you by the BODIES FOR GALACTIC Counsel.

Just when you get the momentary lapse and here comes the TBC, Ash starts talking, then Croagunk drops in, and Cynthia goes at it again. Stick to an ending already!

6/10 We got introductions out of the way (Cyrus, meet Orb; Orb, Cyrus). I'm surprised Supreme Overlord was casted with a light voice, or that hair color got a mention. I'm clingy about the cliché on this one. Otherwise, I'd say uneventful until the end. And we know we can't sustain an episode on conversation without these cool guys. Get ready for mass kicking of candy-*** next week!

I swear if 4 kids still had the rights the whole Crogunk getting stabbed would of been cut!
    Life is like a bowl of fruit! Why? I...don't...know....

You know when Croagunk came crashing through the skylight. I was reminded of when Raphael did that in the TMNT movie.

That episode sure had its amusing moments. Croagunk never stopped Brock's flirts because it sensed Team Galactic's Toxicroak, and Cyrus was acting like an undercover agent.

Oddly enough, seeing Croagunk react to Toxicroak reminded me of all those times that Jessie's Seviper popped out due to a Zangoose in the vicinity.

This episode surprised me pleasantly, seeing that the scriptwriters finally allowed for some violence, and PUSA didn't cut it out. TR were doing their part very well. I hope they will be a major factor in the continuation of this episode.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast