Thread: Reaching For Paradise (Sign Ups)

Default Reaching For Paradise (Sign Ups)

~.::Reaching for Paradise::.~

Well, I've been working on this idea for awhile. It dawned on me that I've never actually seen a GOOD Wolf's Rain RPG, so here's my attempt. You may be asking what 'Wolf's Rain' is...well, I'll explain it briefly. It was an anime made in the 2000's by the company BONES, and in my opinion was one of the best shows in existence. It follows the journey of a white wolf named Kiba and three other wolves (Tsume, Hige, and Toboe) as they search for paradise before the world ends. If you want to know more about it, read the Wikipedia article here.

Also, before you join the RPG, I'm warning you now, this will be rated PG-13 to R. Wolf's Rain was a show with a considerable amount of blood and was definitely not made for someone under the age of thirteen, plus with all the dark themes in the show, it may not end happily...the series certainly didn't.

On that note...onto the Plot!

At the end of the world, a paradise will be opened, but only Wolves, a creature of legend that had died out over 200 years ago, will know how to find it...

It is the year 2500, and the world has never been worse off. Unlike the democracies that you and I know of, the world has been split into its own kingdoms by Nobles--rich, powerful families that rule with an iron fist. Each one of the Nobles come from a long line of superstitious believers in the old legends of wolves and paradise, and so, each one of them tried desperately hard to artificially create a wolf, so they could find the mythical land of paradise, and claim it for their own greedy needs.

Finally, one noble, Kataki, succeeded in creating an 'artificial wolf'. Once the news got out she had accomplished the impossible, wars broke out among the nobles. They all plunged into chaos in order to claim the 'key to paradise', however in the turmoil of fighting the 'key' escaped...

The artificial wolf did not only claim the interest of the nobles, but also of the remaining wolves--the few that survived their slaughtering from eons ago. They have developed the ability to disguise themselves among humans, by taking the form of another creature (some have even been known to turn into humans). By doing this, they have survived in narrow numbers, adjusting to life in big cities, but as news of the 'key to paradise' reached their ears, their ancient blood boiled with yearning for the lost place.

Now both human and wolf alike are after this 'wolf', and will do everything in their power to find her. But it is not easy with war and violence in every corner. Some have said it truly is the end of the world with mankind destroying itself like it is, and that the blood red moon is a sign of death...but it only escalates the violence of the world as each one of them feels the urgency to save their lives.

But in the end, only one species can claim paradise: Wolves or Humans...which one will it be? Well, that's up to the RPers...

NOTE: Keep in mind that wolves are supposed to be extinct. I strongly suggest that if you have a wolf character you also make a human character. If the number of wolves exceed the number of humans, it defeats the purpose of the RPG.

Wolf Sign Up:
    -Name: (first, last optional)
    -Kind of Wolf: (Grey, Arctic, Red, or Wolf-Dog)
    -Appearance: (What your wolf looks like. Be sure to include what the look like in their alternative form as well. Also add details like scars or accessories. Pictures are helpful, but not a replacement.)
    -Alternative Form: (human, or another animal. Include a description here as well. Pictures once again, are helpful.)
    -Age: (2-10. This is like in Dog years, so 2 would be like a teenager, 10 would be like an old man)
    -Personality: (What your character acts like. Should be a good paragraph.)
    -History: (What has happened to your character up until now, when he or she begins their journey. Some things to include might be if they were born in a pack, where they were living, if they grew up with a species other than wolves. And be sure to include why they want to go to paradise -whether its to save themselves from the end of the world, or another more personal reason-)
    -Other: (Anything else I might need to know)
    -RP Example: (So I know what level you are at. It can be an example from any RPG, I don't care how unrelated it is so long as its good)

Human Sign Up:
    NOTE: Nobles will have their own kingdoms and people to rule. If you are a noble, please include what you have in your lands, and even the terrain of your land. I'm allowing you to be creative and create your land however you wish so long as its within reason.

-Name: (First and Last)
    -Occupation: (Noble would be an occupation here. If there is none, or your character is a student, specify)
    -Nobles or Wolves: (Are they against the wolves finding paradise, or nobles, or are they neutral)
    -Appearance: (Describe how they look. At least 4 good sentences. Pictures are good too.)
    -Personality: (How does your character act? At least a paragraph)
    -History: (What happened to your character up until now? Be sure to include where they were born, why they side with the nobles/wolves or choose to not take part in the propaganda, if they want to reach paradise...)
    -Other: (anything else I might need to know)
    -RP Example: (So I know what level you are at. It can be an example from any RPG, I don't care how unrelated it is so long as its good)

My Sign Ups:

Wolf Sign Up:

-Name: Shayde

-Kind of Wolf: Wolf-Dog

-Appearance: Shayde is a young, strong wolf-dog with broad shoulders that make him look large and powerful, but if you put him next to another wolf, you would notice just how small the poor creature is (He stands almost a head smaller than most wolves due to him being half dog). His fur is a midnight black color, with no specks of anything else (hence his name), and his eyes are a smoldering amber color rather than the usual glowing yellow of a wolf's eyes. He has a very long noticeable scar running across his snout and leading down his right cheek.

-Alternative Form: (Human) Due to his young age, Shayde only looks like a teenager in human form, however, does not have anything that makes him stick out aside from his behavior. He has shaggy black hair covering his head, and the same amber colored eyes. He wears a black coat with a white shirt underneath it and jeans. Simple, yet effective enough to trick the humans. Unfortunately, the scar on his face is still there and noticeable to the human population, and it often gets him unwanted stares when he's traveling in a big city.

-Personality: Shayde is oddly reserved and mature for his age…that is, unless you call him a child or make fun of his height. Unlike most wolf-dogs, he is proud of what he is, and feels no shame in being both but neither. The only doubt he has about being a half-breed is that he is not sure of where he fits into the legend of paradise, however he hopes he will be accepted in its gates, for he is drawn to the mysterious ‘Key to Paradise’ so strongly, that if someone stands in his way, he will not hesitate to attack and kill them. Shayde is more content being alone than with a pack of wolves, but he will suffer through being in a pack if it gets him closer to paradise.

-History: Shayde was born in the biggest city in Kataki’s lands: Fenris. He was raised by his stray dog mother, but found that he had special powers, like being able to turn into a human at will, and enhanced strength beyond that of man. One day, his curiosity finally got the better of him, and he asked his mother why this was. It was that day he found out he was a wolf. Proud, he walked around the city, telling everyone he knew that he was one of the most ancient animals in existence…and of course, upon hearing this, Kataki attempted to attack Shayde, and almost succeeded, but his mother managed to kill his attackers, and told him to run. Shayde hesitated, but complied, running away from the city. It was later that he found out that his mother had saved him at the cost of her life. Shayde became guilty, thinking that her death was his fault, and promised to distance himself from others so his heritage wouldn’t hurt them. Later, when he was a young adult, news of the ‘Key to Paradise’ reached his ears, and old blood started to boil. For some reason, he was drawn to the story, and vowed to find this artificial wolf. Besides, he could always fit in with another wolf that wasn’t really a wolf. So far during his travels, he has tried to stay away from people, but has failed, since nobles have been hunting for wolves like mad, hoping to have them lead their greedy souls to Paradise. Shayde has, unfortunately, had to kill in order to stay safe and achieve his goal, and now has a big price on his head. He’s well known because of his uncommon appearance.

-RP Example:     Spoiler:- Example from: Nobunaga's Reign: The Five Demon Generals:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Kataki, the noble, is just a figurehead. She will probably not a large appearance in the story, but if she does appear she will be controlled by me. The mysterious ‘Key to Paradise’ will also appear later, but of course, she will have a bigger role. When she appears, I will post her sign up, but until then…she is a mystery for your characters to figure out...

Accepted Sign Ups

Wolves:

-Shayde (by ShadoWolfDemon)
    -Haji (by Kiba Ookami)

Humans:

NPCS:

-Soldiers
    -Townspeople
    -Stray Animals
    Last edited by ShadoWolfDemon; 9th October 2008 at 4:52 AM.

"Get your philosophy from a bumper sticker," ~ Green Day

Wolf's Rain

Hold a spot for me please!
    Gotta think of a character.

Glad you decided to do it.

Rubi Malone~ "The Crazy Loca Loquita."

Spoiler:- Developers of WET:

lol, you dont even have to ask to reserve. I knew you would sign up. XD

Any other takers?

I'll be joining with a wolf if that's cool.

no problem. just make a sign up and you're in. ^^

Just a quick question: Is it okay if my wolf was raised by Nobles? I have an idea for a character but I'm not sure if it will go against your plans. I can PM you if you'd like.

actually, thats an interesting idea. Go ahead and post. ^^

-Name: Haji
    -Kind of Wolf: Arctic
    -Appearance: Haji's wolf form looks much like a young adult. He is about 5 feet lond including his tail and weighs about 125 pounds. His ears are small like most arctic wolfs and fur snowy white. Eyes are a light gold color much like this. He has 3 vertical scars going down the left side of his face over his eye.

-Alternative Form: He looks to be about 17 years of age and appears to be in very good shape. His hair long, white and pulled back in pony tail ( it draws attention since he is so young and has white hair ). His scars are still ther and his eyes stay the same color. He wears a black and blue t-shirt under a gray jacket that has a black skull on the back. Black jean pants with blue skulls goind down the sides. Black and blue nike like shoes.

-Personality: Haji doesn't trust anyone easy anymore. He seems like a cold person but will help out if it is called for. Once part of a pack that abandoned him but when that happened is when he started to hate the world. Maybe that's the reason he hates everyone so much? Either way he sees mostly everyone as an enemy. Doesn't usually start conversations but will go along with one if asked something.

-History: Haji doesn't remember much about his past. He doesn't remember his childhood but remember's the most recent thing to happen to him. He was part of a wolf pack. They lived together and protected each other like family. He was close to the leader like a son.

On one attempt to gain food for their pack the group was caught off guard by human soldiers. Only a few managed to get away from the attack injured but still alive. Haji was blamed for not planning well enough and was banned from the pack. He was marked by the wolfs and they gave him those scars on his face. Haji has been living alone since and wants to get to Paradise to hopefully get rid of all this pain.

-RP Example:     Spoiler:- Nobunaga Rp:

Hope I put everythinh right

(Kiba Ookami--Haji): I would maybe add more to his history if you have it planned. Amnesia is kind of a bad way of covering things up. If you don't wanna put it in your sign-up can you PM me with it?

I'll put you down as Accepted though, cuz I already know you're a good Role-Player. Just make sure you get that history thing going.

Alright I'll fix it. I just wanted you to kno I was going to join.

I kind of knew it was off a little just wanted you to know I had my character.

yeah, its no biggy. I'm not so worried about it.