Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't he dead?

Default Why isn't he dead?

Sorry if the title sound mean or what but that's the question I wanted to ask.

As you know, Emerald gatecrash the press conference and the Frontier Brains & Scott took him to the Battle Tower. At the end, Noland threw Emerald down the Battle Tower, which is like ten storeys, but why isn't he dead? Normally, when a person falls from such a great height, he/she would be dead or badly injured.

Here's the evidence.

Hey, Team Rocket blasts off so far and high away, they have to fall sometime and none of them die.
    Anyways it's a friggin comic/manga, with superpowered animals, this isn't really surprising at all.
    Diamond FC:
    2622 2408 1031 [/CENTER]

I can only tell you one thing, it is Pokemon. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24
    Calling me Lati or Latias would be fine. You would get bored calling me Latias 24 all the time, won't you? I certainly do.

So, you're saying that characters in pokémon wouldn't die, but why did Steven, Norman & Courtney die? (let's just say that they didn't get revive)

Why the hell are topis like this even being tolerated?

he landed in a bush, no duh.
    Pony should Poni Poni

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii-lurve View Post
    So, you're saying that characters in pokémon wouldn't die, but why did Steven, Norman & Courtney die? (let's just say that they didn't get revive)

If you read tha saga again you'll see that it was rather grusome and violent and so as for saying, it aded toward the dama and suspense of the ark.
    I'm the type of gal who loves cosplaying and watching anime. I don't enjoy shoujo with the exception of 2 which are Full Moon and MeruPuri. I usually stick to shonen manga. I own a volume of KashiMashi and that is probably the closest thing to yuri I'll ever get. I grew up on Pokemon and Sailor Moon sense the age of 4, so yeah, I've been a dork for most of my life

A woman fell out of an airplane which EXPLODED in the air, and the bushes (or was it snow? I'm having difficulty remembering...) broke her fall.

Her only injuries? Minor scratches.

That was in real life.

Really, if that could happen, I could imagine a guy could fall of a building, have something break his fall, and not die.

Past a certain height, everything falls at the same rate. It's called gravity; of course inertia and the presence of wind count in the equation too.
    Last edited by Musapion; 9th October 2008 at 4:14 PM.

The case you're talking about, she had broken bones, but was able to walk once they healed. And she fell from over 33 thousand feet, by the way. And yes, from an exploded airplane.

Although in this case? Come on, it's a comic book. They even talked about that in Magical Pokemon Journey when Hazel accidently pushes Almond off a cliff. They concluded that, since it was a comic book, he wouldn't die.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Even comics with seventeen times as much realism (excepting the demons and some of the character backstories and timelines, of course) as any, has had 4 entire cliff-falls with none dead, and the last of them didn't even have water or anything break the fall. This is Pokemon for christ's sake, and the whole deal with the exploding airplane even happened earlier in volume 25, with the full brunt of an explosion attack to begin with; had this been even remotely close to reality Pika would have the deaths of all the characters it shocked on its hands, and no way could Emerald's stilts avoided falling the hell off long enough for him to avoid being sli'diced by a 51 Sceptile. >_>

Oh Pokemon can definitely die alright.
    But not in a gruesome manner.

Spoiler:- Movies:

Humans dying would work in the same manner. We either do not see the death on screen or it is an old lady passing away.

Quote Originally Posted by Musapion View Post
    A woman fell out of an airplane which EXPLODED in the air, and the bushes (or was it snow? I'm having difficulty remembering...) broke her fall.

Her only injuries? Minor scratches.

That was in real life.

Really, if that could happen, I could imagine a guy could fall of a building, have something break his fall, and not die.

Past a certain height, everything falls at the same rate. It's called gravity; of course inertia and the presence of wind count in the equation too.
    Someone's parachute failed when he jumped out of a plane and he survived.
    it was on the news once

And I think because Emerald is the main character for that arc. He can't die in the middle. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24
    Calling me Lati or Latias would be fine. You would get bored calling me Latias 24 all the time, won't you? I certainly do.

Noland threw Emerald down the Battle Tower, which is like ten storeys, but why isn't he dead?
    Because he yelled "Go Go Emerald-Chute!" at the last possible second.

Quote Originally Posted by Latias 24 View Post
    And I think because Emerald is the main character for that arc. He can't die in the middle. XP
    -Yeah Noland will either go, 'Aw crud! I didn't mean that!' or 'Well, he was annoying...'.

As you know, Emerald gatecrash the press conference and the Frontier Brains & Scott took him to the Battle Tower. At the end, Noland threw Emerald down the Battle Tower, which is like ten storeys, but why isn't he dead? Normally, when a person falls from such a great height, he/she would be dead or badly injured.

Here's the evidence.

The obvious reason why Emerald didn't get hurt is because of his big hair.

Ha!
    I say its just a comic book, and people don't die THAT easily.
    A person's parachute failed? And he survived? That is so cool.

He isnt dead because the manga is fiction. And anything is possible in the land of fiction.

Source: The movie "Space Jam"

It turns out Emerald also had a Celebi in his pocket to undo his entire arc. Ah, I love that kid.

No he's not dead because his biological father's a hip hop kickboxing Kangaskhan.

maybe bcoz that shoes, that shoes created by trick master right?
    Bcoz after that he said, darn that stupid shoe maker?
    Maybe he used that shoes but after that the hell coming off... so...

Here's the evidence.

His impossibly huge hair probably cushioned the impact.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig

Ok Darkrai didnt die heres the proof http://www.serebii.net/movies/dp/ It only says "Even though all is well, Ash and company, along with Tonio and Alice mourn the loss of Darkrai, who sacrificed itself to save the town. But as they walk back to town, Pikachu notices an ominous shadow is cast along a cliff. When Ash turns to see, it's the shadow of Darkrai, upon the twin towers. Everyone looks up to see that Darkrai is is indeed standing upon the top of the Spacetime Towers, perhaps overlooking the town." You can find your picture proof here http://www.serebii.net/movies/dp/pics29.shtml.
    Last edited by bob_shmoe; 12th November 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Maybe he ducked and rolled, but I like the shoe idea.

well they arn't just going to kill of the lead in the first book know are they...

they had to have him stay alive or it would have been a problem...

claimed:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast