Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The team that got you the farthest at the battle tower.

Dude, if you really are telling the truth about your team, don't be down on yourself.
    143 is really hard to get to, and it takes dedication.
    My Buddy, Penny the Growlithe

So liek one day Garchomp wuz liek "Hey u guyz, why am i's so gewds?" and peeps wur lieks "idk chomp, you da man" so now he's an uber
    3DS FC: 1418-6724-2916

T_T thank you i didn't intentionally post this at all, i really don't care too much about singles doubles are harder and more thrill... but why why god is there absolutely no counter in this game for dusknoir there is no team that i can think of after playing 10 years of pokemon with my heart and soul to defeat a dusknoir without at least 4 turns; the biggest power houser can deal half of its health then his leftovers heals him pass half then the DT kicks in and i don't get him for a while DT is not much use on singles but in doubles omg my weavile's faint attack can only do 1/3 of its health and he heals everyturn making it 5 faint attacks to kill him. his partner is like a speed iv ev crobat 200 speed supersaturated hypnosis gets all my guys and uses the time for dusknoir to stackup crobat holds brightpowder to dodge and flinches you with air slash 30% chance.
    every team i use gets stuck on them cometimes i win sometimes i lose, brongzong trickrooms golem insted of protecting as usual since there's no threat i gyroball the crobat. crobat puts brongzong to sleep so no trickroom, golem misses, dusknoir willowisp on golem and cuts its attack in half... and so on i won that battle but it was grusome as usual

if anyone has any suggetions i am willing to give up on all combos and reveal all my weaknesses just to beat that crobat and the dusknoir
    anyone?

this is my team:
    dragonite
    charizard
    blastoise
    raichu
    aggron
    nidoking

i switched between these from time to time and surprisingly it gave me a single streak of 124 after some earlier attempts which was quite a surprise for me.

Default wahhhhhh

i lost, i lost!

my new doubles team
    bronzong(brave)
    levitate
    200attack 155 defence 155 spdefence
    power band
    protect
    gyroball
    trickroom
    hypnosis

Golem(brave)
    sturdy
    252 attack 252hp 6 defence
    focus sash
    earthquake
    protect
    brick break
    explosion

dusknoir(impish)
    pressure
    60attack 225defence 225spdefence
    leftovers
    trickroom
    brickbreak
    thunderpunch
    forseight (THE DREAM MOVE)

metagross(brave)
    clear body
    life orb
    252 attack 120 defence 138 spdefence
    explosion
    meteor mash
    hammerarm
    protect

this team works a lot better, it is impossible to kill dusknoir on the first turn, he trickrooms and golem with 5 weaknesses protects then explode and explode for the win... in the mean time since dusknoir is immune to explosion he forsieghts the brightpowderers, DT, and GHOSTS "THE DREAM"
    this team is invincible i sweeped 73 teams and then and then *weep
    wahhh dusknoir's thunder punch kills damp pokemon brickbreak kills tanks and break reflects and LS...
    so it was four on one in the end of battle 73, i had four she had A SHEDINJA
    shedinja killed all my guys except for dusknoir then he was out pp and i can't hit him so it was an endless *struggle* which forces me to turn off the ds and i lose... so now ladies and gents i know that even if it makes it harder for golem to survive now i have to change the thunder punch to a shadow punch just so i don't again get annialated by a single SHEDINJA.

I got to like 33 with

Heracross:
    Flame Orb

Facade
    Megahorn
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat

Heatran

Lav Plume
    Fire Blast
    Earthpower
    Dragon Pulse

Togekiss

Airslash
    Thunderwave
    Safeguard
    Roost

i always quite after 27 battles after i beat Palmer
    team:

Roserade with Big Root
    Toxic Spikes
    Mega Drain
    Giga Drain
    Solar Beam

Luxray with Expert Belt
    Crunch
    Charge
    Thunder
    Thunder Fang

Dragonite with Leftovers
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    trading level 100s for shiny pokemon, pm me

credit to o tamago for my card =)
    I have the following level 100s to trade :dustox absol, beautifly, scizor, hitmontop, staraptor, delcatty, swampert, meganium, porygon-z, salamance, linoone, xatu, lanturn, skarmory, dragonite

Metagross @ leftovers
    Adamant, 100hp/252atk/152spd
    agility
    meteor mach
    EQ
    zen headbutt

I don't want zen headbutt there, but I'm still trying to get the explosion TM to replace it.

Salamence @ choice specs
    modest, 252sp.atk/252spd/4hp
    draco meteor
    dragon pulse
    flamethrower
    hydro pump

maybe I should have this as a lead.. but it works very well just to take EQs or if metagross faints of some reason.

Snorlax @ leftovers if i could, but since the item clause is there... chesto berry could work.
    sassy, 252 sp.def/100hp/152def
    thick fat
    curse
    crunch
    body slam
    rest

takes special attacks, especially fire (against metagross) and ice (against salamence) excellent, and that's why metagross is as good as it is as a lead, with mence taking EQs and snorlax taking flamethrowers. Sort of the only thing that could faint it is special fighting attacks, and there aren't so many of those.

I came to 52 at the first try with these.

very nice choice of pokemon but will say that you should get a special attack absorber instead of all phyisical, snorlax is nice but blissey is better in this case because calm mind can make blissey to counter a few anoying types with thunderbolt ice beam with soft boil and heavy sp defence and hp. metagross leading is just fine all 3 weaknesses can be nutralized by switching in salamance, use metagross to block rock for salamence and blissey blocks ice again the odd time when you lose with a solid team like this is just like mine and all the other cases where a heracross or inferape with stone edge comes in and can hit loads of types and hang on with focus sash... nice job on the salamence we all go for the 405 attack -set- outrage, roost, stone edge, d dance
    but i'm not against sp attack go for it, see how it turns out

Articuno@Focus Sash
    - Ice Beam
    - Roost
    - Sheer Cold
    - Mind reader
    Latios@Leftovers
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    Latias@Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Mist Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    62 now. This team doesn't die. I didn't post EV's sorry. I can't believe this team got so far without Dewgong
    -danny
    I love dewgong

Default hmm

i believe that the latios is holding soul dew instead of having 2 left overs???
    and how in the world did you get both a latios and a latias, let alone having ok nature and good iv. well its fine.
    bust gotta tell ya you got lucky, because this team would really get owned by any pokemon ranger with a legendary team, raiku with calm mind has less weaknesses and suicune has 183 of each defence and 200hp at level 50. your move sets don't cover enough weakness and your team sucks against ice dark bug and ghost. you need energy ball on one of the latis and shadow ball on both of them luster purge is good but mist ball is horrible switch that to psychic.
    latias is really good for defence but she has too many weaknesses and latios is for a sweep team well pure sweep. and articuno is just good at places but not solid no speed too many weaknesses and no moves... most of us that gets over 100 battles in the battle tower loses to that best massive sweeper in the tower ___ Inferape one stone edge KOs your articuno, mind reader then sheer cold isn't fast enough even if you hang on with focus sash you'll die, and latias or latios switching in would take at least 120 damage. then you can hit inferape because latis are a bit faster (your might not be most infereape inthe tower are speed nature and speed trained both latis can max have 2 more inferape) he hangs on with focus sash then you still lose... cover more weaknesses and no need for all that flashy legendaries.
    Last edited by okyokyohmy; 19th January 2009 at 1:03 PM. Reason: add

Not sure if it had 2 lefties or what. Articuno kinda pwned everything in sight with roost too. Latios and Latias were off the GTS, for fun. Never got to switch in to them
    -Danny
    I love dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmus View Post
    I tend to use Pokemon I like rather than OU pokemon. That would explain my only reaching 30. But here's what I used:
    Lol, that's what I do too, still haven't beaten Palmer the first time. I shall keep trying =]

I got to 49 wins on multi-battle with this:

Gyarados
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    252 atk, 216 Spd, 36 HP
    Adamant
    Life Orb

Electivire
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake
    Cross Chop
    252 atk, 252 spd
    Adamant
    Expert Belt

95% of all teens would cry if thy saw Miley Cyrus jumping off of a building, paste this into your sig if you have brown hair.

I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAHSPAMSPAMSPAMPOOOOOOOOOOP HAHA
    ^What a great mod^

FC:2966-0840-9257
    Name:Tyler

I got 84 streak in the Singles battle tower using the following team

Feraligatr - Leftovers
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance

Starmie - Expert Belt
    Surf
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

Gliscor - Life Orb
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

I got to 65 using salamence, garchomp and latios
    I don't remember their moves and natures and obviously I lost vs an ice trainer

[IMG]http://i33.*******.com/dynhwg.jpg[/IMG]
    Here are my shiny pokemon
    My shiny

some day... I'll get the 5°star

No items:
    Garchomp:Flamethrower,Crunch,Dig,Dragon Claw
    Altaria:Sing,Dragon Dance,Fly,Dragon Breath
    Salamence:Fly,FFlamethrower,Dragon Claw and another move I can't remember
    I got to Palmer and got destructed by his Dragonite

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

I got to battle 61 with a standard sweeper starmie @ expertbelt
    Metagross @ leichi berry w/ iron head, bullet punch, ice punch, eq
    Garchomp @ focus sash w/ outrage, sd, fire fang, eq

I got to 49 and quit with:

Rotom: Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Discharge
    Torterra: Earthquake, Crunch, Giga Drain, Wood Hammer
    Golduck: Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Hydro Pump

But for Doubles I got to 71 with

Torterra & Rotom. (I owned with EQ/DC combo)
    Golduck
    Rapidash - Strength, Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Flamethrower

Got 74 wins in singles with a team of Sceptile, Garchomp and Houndoom in Diamond.
    And over 100 wins in doubles with Bronzong, Starly, Dusknoir and Exeggutor. Found that team through Team Rocket Elite on Smogon, did not make it myself, just copied it.

Spoiler:- Team details:
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

I got 34 wins with a Battle Factory, so the team was different all the time. I also got 32 with Multi battle with Lucario - Jolteon. But with single player I've never even managed to beat Palmer.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011