View Poll Results: Should I double the size of the tiles?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the size of the tiles

25 25.51%
  • Don't increase the size of the tiles

73 74.49%
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Cobalt Version (My new fan game)

Default Pokemon Cobalt Version (My new fan game) Approved by Zephyr Flare

Let me know what you guys think.
    This is the new Pokemon Coblat. Since I lost my previous game because of my computer braking I decided to make the game all over again. I will slowly update this thread once and a while. The game will still consist of Platnium style sprites.

I am using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials by Peter O to make this game. *Note: This is not a hack!*

New Improvements
    ~screen 2x size of normal pokemon games~
    ~Alot of the characters are in it. (Including TV Show, Games, etc.)~
    ~Most Pokemon will be obtainable weither it is catching, breeding, or decided to join you threw your adventures.~
    ~Lots of partner trainer battles~
    ~Team Rocket is back! (Jesse, James, Geiovanni, Butch and Casidy.)~
    ~A new team arises Team Control lead by Zero X~
    ~A mini game that Peter O created called Pokemon Traid. (Its kind of like the card game form FF9)~
    ~40 boxes of storage.~
    ~New Pokemon107~

Story
    You will begin in a place called Tera Town. A quite peaceful town surrounded by forests. Through your adventure you will encounter many new pokemon as well as the old ones. You will meet many new people as well as some familar faces. In the Tetra region the are two legendarys. One that has the power to contol pokemon and the other the power to control humans. The legendarys lived in peace until one day.....

...Until one day, a villian known by the name Zero X appeared into the legendaries' chamber. Avoiding all attacks, he soon disrupted the balance by making the legendaries unknowingly fight each other. With peace gone, he booted them out and now reigned on the seat of the gods. Now you, the hero, must stop Zero X and recover the legendaries, quell their fighting, and resume peace in the land.(Stoc15)

ZeroX is a Pokemon Bounty Hunter and is searching for the Mind Control Pokemon. He actually has a large team of Bounty Hunters (ohnoes, new evil team) that will help him catch the two Pokemon. When he finds there cave he attacks them with all force but then the Human Mind Control Pokemon takes control of his mind and seeks revenge on the rest of the world. The Mind Control Pokemon follows his counterpart to help him and takes over every Pokemon that they may encounter. They then use there powers together to create an even stronger evil team.(Raoto)

to be continued....

Zera Region
    This region is the largest region of them all. In this region pokemon have there own natural habitats. Such as Jungle, Forest, Beach, Cave, and Mountians.

Want to Help with the Project?
    Hello, I looking for people to help me with a region project. It will include fakemon, mapwork, battle animations and more. If you wish to take part click here, Click Here to PM a message to me! Just let me know what you can do and an example of your work. I will then let you know if you are able to help. Do not post in this thread asking for permision to help you must contact me threw PM only. This thread is intended on comments/crit only. Thank you.

Spots that are open =*

1. Fakemon spriter- Aquakip, Chaoscrippler, ^^Yoshinichi^^
    2. Battle Animations(using RPG Maker XP)- *
    3. Battle Dialog- *
    4. Tile spriter- *
    5. Trainer Spriter- ~Jocelyn~, NitroF, Hyper Stan
    6. Fakemon Data- *
    7. Various Things- klnothincomin *
    8. Overworlds- ryushin5, Hyper Stan

Fakedex

Planda

The Baby Panda Pokemon
    Grass
    A small cute pokemon that always carries around a stick of bamboo.

Bamda
    (in the process of re-spriting)
    The Panda Pokemo
    Grass
    After it evolved from Planda, Bamda's bamboo stick grew, too. They live in bamboo forests in small groups where they take care of Planda.

Rambi

The Baby Ram Pokemon
    Fire
    ?

Chelocean

The Baby Sea Turtle Pokemon
    Water
    ?

Meowy

The Kity Type Pokemon
    Normal
    Its coin on top of its head is used to ward away enemies.

Nadaus

?
    Grass
    A small pokemon that can jump very high dispite its short legs.

Bonemar
    Shiny
    ?
    Dragon/Flying
    ?

Jelaunt

The Jelly Ghost Type Pokemon
    Ghost/Dark
    A jelly pokemon that has nothing on its mind other than mischief.

Puffy

The Air Type Pokemon
    Normal
    It can blow air out of mouth up to 80mph.

Pustery

The Air Type Pokemon
    Normal
    A very lazy pokemon that can breath any element from it mouth.

Pipal

Frame 2

Baby Royal Penguin
    Dark/Ice
    This little bundle of joy may look innocent but get it mad and you are in a heap of trouble.

Prinpal

Frame 2

Royal Penguin
    Dark/Ice
    This pokemon has a very short temper but becomes dazed when going without food for 1 hour.

Fire

Fire Element
    Fire
    A elemental pokemon made entirely of fire.

Water

Water Element
    Water
    A elemental pokemon made entirely of water.

Banentury

Time Jumper Pokemon
    Ghost
    This pokemon can jump back and forth threw time as it wishes.

Morphonon

?
    Water
    It has the ability to alter it's entire body because of the liquid substance it is made of.

Finas

Finch type pokemon
    Grass/Flying
    This pokemon can sing beautifully and even put Jugglypuff to sleep.

Kakyo

Baby Sea Serpent
    Water/Dragon

Dement

Dimension type pokemon
    Ghost/Dark
    This pokemon can instintaly escape threw to another dimension(The dimension is his own home filled with eternal darkness).

Raylynx
    by Jocelyn
    Dark
    This Pokemon, Raylynx, it is able to be in invisible when in danger and can transport to places .

Bluetrap

Blueberry type pokemon
    Grass
    Edible? I think not. Mess around with this guy and he will eat you!

Onino

The onion type pokemon
    Grass
    A cute but weak pokemon.

Impereon

?
    Dragon
    After using a Dragon's Tooth Stone Eevee can evolve into the majestic Impereon. A powerfull pokemon that can breath any element from it mouth.

Castforme Luna form

Dark
    This unusual form of castforme is obtainable when you have castforme hold a moonstone. Once transformed in battle, it will remain the same form unless the moonstone is removed. Its attack power is increased at 12 AM.

Casforme Nova form

Psychic
    This is the second enigmatic form of castform which requires the pokemon to hold a sunstone. Once transformed in battle, it will remain the same form unless the sunstone is removed. Its attack power increases during 12 PM.

Planet Pokemon-by Aquakip(data coming soon)

Legends(coming soon)

Special thanks for names/types/pokedex,
    Kindrindra, Rayquaza Master, Hyper Stan,

More New Pokemon will be added later.

Pokemon Overworlds

Screenshots

Towns/Routes

Tera Town

Battle

Grass Field

Other

Trainers Card

Bag Screen

Credits-
    klnothincomin-Pokemon Cobalt Logo, Casforme Nova form, Castforme Luna form
    NightBlaze- Pipal frame 2
    Banentury-Done by me heavy edit by Aquakip, second frame by Klnothincomin
    character idea/design by Raoto-Morphonon
    Chaoscrippler-kakyo
    Aquakip-Water element, planitary pokemon

*Note- Everything seen on this thread cannot be used by anyone(unless you are the creator). These sprites are intended for pokemon cobalt only.
    Last edited by thedudemister; 16th February 2009 at 3:46 AM.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

To be honest it doesnt seem like you really have an idea on what you are going to do for the game :/. The reason I think this is because you seem to have included bassically everything pokemon has made up which leaves me to be its just a really big version of all the games put together with no storyline, :/, but I am probably wrong.

Anyway, the only thing I could comment on right now is the pixelated grass, you can cover the same area by using smaller grass pieces that dont look enlarged.
    Image exceeded 40000 pixels, thus it was removed. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon! View Post
    To be honest it doesnt seem like you really have an idea on what you are going to do for the game :/. The reason I think this is because you seem to have included bassically everything pokemon has made up which leaves me to be its just a really big version of all the games put together with no storyline, :/, but I am probably wrong.

Anyway, the only thing I could comment on right now is the pixelated grass, you can cover the same area by using smaller grass pieces that dont look enlarged.
    Your actually wright I do not have a storyline yet. I have been ripping sprites from Pearl and Platinum. And making maps. So I haven't been doing much of that. Also this is not all the games put together. It is going to be a complete new storyline, as if everything else did not happen.

And for the grass I will try to fix it and post a new screenshot for Tetra Forest.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

The grass in tetra forest (tall)is maybe a bit to big i can see its just the normal grass in a higher size. try to make your own instead

Awesome Banner made by Growlachu
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Hyper+Stan
    My DA for half awesome stuff: http://hyper-stan.deviantart.com/

If you need help with faekdexes, I can help.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Quote Originally Posted by DVB View Post
    If you need help with faekdexes, I can help.
    Thanks but as of right now I am not going to add new pokemon. Mabye when I complete the game I might add some pre-evolutions and evolutions.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

Great game, the new HP bars look cool, I also like the backgrounds and custom tiles!

Visit Our Game

Also, NO REQUEST POLICY FOR ME.

The new grass looks much better not so pixelated anymore.

Dude you double posted. You must be on dialup. Anyway, I will make it a little better sooner or later but for now I think its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by klnothincomin View Post
    Great game, the new HP bars look cool, I also like the backgrounds and custom tiles!
    Thanks. I was going to use the Platinum HP bars but then you could not see the Pokemon names so I made it white. All of the tiles where riped form Pearl and Platinum and edited by me. The battle screen is all custom made. Ecept for the backround which was riped and edited from PMND.
    Last edited by thedudemister; 31st October 2008 at 5:09 PM.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

cool! If this were a real game, i would probably purchase this, just because of the enhanced battle/trade screens!

Both made by me! ME! ME! I hate those pathetic people who use pokecharms! You are terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizadon View Post
    cool! If this were a real game, i would probably purchase this, just because of the enhanced battle/trade screens!
    Thanks. I wish I could sell this when I am done but that unfortunally would be ilegal. I will continue to work on it as much as I can and hopfully post a small demo.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thedudemister View Post
    Thanks. I wish I could sell this when I am done but that unfortunally would be ilegal. I will continue to work on it as much as I can and hopfully post a small demo.
    Yeah, Me and my friend were making a television show, but due to lawsuits we had to start over. DAMN YOU COPYRIGHTS!!! DAMN YOU ALL T-Hey a penny!

Both made by me! ME! ME! I hate those pathetic people who use pokecharms! You are terrible!

very nice, very nice. are you planning to make shadows of npc,s and characters everywhere like in the first pic? anyways its really nice... is it illigal to ask what program you use?
    Got Milk?
    No Me Nether

Quote Originally Posted by alli940 View Post
    very nice, very nice. are you planning to make shadows of npc,s and characters everywhere like in the first pic? anyways its really nice... is it illigal to ask what program you use?
    I will make shadows for all the pc's. I used RPG Maker XP to make the game. I have to say that it is turning better than I thought.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

I will make shadows for all the pc's. I used RPG Maker XP to make the game. I have to say that it is turning better than I thought.
    RPG maker XP? What does that program do? Where can I download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizadon View Post
    RPG maker XP? What does that program do? Where can I download it?
    It is a program that enables you to make what ever RPG you want. Just search it in google and buy a copy or get it by other means.
    If you want to make a pokemon game when you get it go here.
    http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/
    It a starter kit that has all the scripts of a real pokemon game. And all of the ruby tile sets.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

It is a program that enables you to make what ever RPG you want. Just search it in google and buy a copy or get it by other means.
    If you want to make a pokemon game when you get it go here.
    http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/
    It a starter kit that has all the scripts of a real pokemon game. And all of the ruby tile sets.
    how much are we talking here? I am br-izz-OKE

I belive you are using the same program as me!
    Oh, by the way, person above, FREE.
    Awsome, an't it?
    One question... I like using the tetrad thing (I like using fakemon Cards I programed into the game)... But how did you make the backgrounds? Oh, well...
    >Goes off to search programing files<
    Now, to figure out how to make maps! (Is there any way to do so with a laptop? I have A handfull of fakemon, A LOAD of fake attacks, Now I need to learn how to make maps!)
    Smell Ya! (Quoted from R/B/Y Rival)
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

This is a great project that I look foward to extremely. You seem like quite the game maker. Any good with scripts? Thats what bugs me with RPG maker. SCRIPTS : /

This is a great project that I look foward to extremely. You seem like quite the game maker. Any good with scripts? Thats what bugs me with RPG maker. SCRIPTS : /
    I suck at scripts. The only thing that I can do is edit them a little.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

Explain Pokemon Triad? Oh and even if you don't know what you're doing yet, I think it looks sweet ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Kid BB View Post
    Explain Pokemon Triad? Oh and even if you don't know what you're doing yet, I think it looks sweet ..
    I posted an explaination on how the game is played and how to get cards in the first post for you. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

It looks cool, but the gym leaders are the same as those in the Sinnoh Region! There should be new gym leaders.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/
    My site. Join, please.
    O o
    /Ż/___________________________ ___________
    | BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGHHH!!!!
    \_\ŻŻ
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    No law can stop me, I'd still play it even when they catch me and execute me. I'd rather die while playing a Pokemon game than live with no Pokemon games to play :P
    SPP Wife: ~Team_Mudkiepz~ <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rayquaza Master777 View Post
    It looks cool, but the gym leaders are the same as those in the Sinnoh Region! There should be new gym leaders.
    I am not sure yet if I am going to do all new gym leaders because that will take too long. Anyway I updated most of the screenshots with a few changes.
    Pokemon Cobalt Forums

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast