Thread: Nidoking or Rhydon?

Default Nidoking or Rhydon?

I'm restarting my Fire Red, and I've already got a team sort of sketched out:

Blastoise
    Pidgeot
    Arcanine
    Dragonite (always a ***** to raise but it kicks tail when it finally evolves)
    Raichu (or Magneton)
    Nidoking/Rhydon

On one hand, I want Nidoking because I've never raised one on any Pokemon game and it'd be fun to try something totally new. But on the other hand I'm really not too fond of the poison type. And I love Rhydon, but you don't get Rhyhorn till pretty late in the game and you can get a Nidoran pretty early on, which I'd prefer. So what's better?

Also, your opinion on Raichu or Magneton.

i would get nidoking and raichu
    nidoking because as you said available from the start of the game and quite good to level up and raichu because it has more variety of attacks and is available early on
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Am I the only the person that sees this announcement as somewhat frivolous? To be straightforward, who cares?

Thanks so much for letting us all know, we can take refuge that you're still God. While your at it, make another announcement about how your not really fat anymore, just to make sure we all know.

I always use Nidoking, there is no grass weakness (but no one uses grass so w/e). I just find Nidoking more easy, more straightforward to raise. Never caught a Rhyhorn though
    ------- -------

I think magneton and Nidoking would be your best bets.
    Credit for this banner goes to pokesho

Well, because I'm insane, I did a monotype in Fire Red of just electric pokemon... and judging by the lack of good movepool on Magneton, I'd go with Raichu.

And Nidoking can probably learn a lot of the moves Rhydon can anyway. I'd go with Nidoking, just for the sake of experience; raising something you haven't tried before.
    No, my dog won't bite you.
    Though it had the right to,
    You oughta give her credit,
    'Cause she knows I would of let it happen.
    -Blame it on the Tetons, Modest Mouse

Well, electric-wise, I'd definately go with raichu, if you're set on one of those two. If not, go with jolteon, it's better than either of them.

Well, myself, I would suggest nidoking(Or nidoqueen if you perfer more balance). Nidoking has a bit more varied range of movesets, and so is good for taking down those pesky grass-types. Also, you cand decide when to evolve nidorino, therefore opening up more statistical and moveset possibilities.

So yeah, it's sometimes a bit of a pain to raise, but there's my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Psychic master Iatos; 15th October 2008 at 8:22 PM. Reason: typos
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]

Banner credit goes to the amazing and awesome foxyman1167! PM him to get one!

[/COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic master Iatos View Post
    Well, electric-wise, I'd definately go with raichu, if you're set on one of those two. If not, go with jolteon, it's better than either of them.

Well, myself, I would suggest nidoking(Or nidoqueen if you perfer more balance). Nidoking has a bit more varied range of movesets, and so is good for taking down those pesky grass-types. Also, you cand decide when to evolve nidorino, therefore opening up more statistical and moveset possibilities.

So yeah, it's sometimes a bit of a pain to raise, but there's my 2 cents worth.
    Jolteon, really? Hmm, why? I'm open to it, but I never really thought about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yes Please View Post
    Well, because I'm insane, I did a monotype in Fire Red of just electric pokemon... and judging by the lack of good movepool on Magneton, I'd go with Raichu.
    It is true that Magneton doesn't have much of a movepool, but Raichu doesn't either. The only assets that Raichu has compared to Magneton are Focus Punch and Brick Break, either one of which could be used by Dragonite or possibly Nidoking. Not recommended on Rhydon though.

I would suggest Magneton. The only move you really need is Thunderbolt, and his stats are somewhat more desirable than Raichu's. His massive set of resistances can be nice too, although his HP stat is quite poor.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

I would go with magneton and nidoking. Magneton has high sp.atk and defence. Nidoking has many options on moves(of all types) and has may good atributes. Just a segment of advice though.

Threads on movesets or choosing Pokemon for your team and the such do not belong here. They would go in the RMT sections - try again there, keeping in mind of the rules and guidelines there as well (such as additional info e.g. movesets).

Closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.