Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If The Scarf Fits, Wear It (566)

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    ^ if Aoi was not as interesting then Holly would probably meet the same fate. The only returning character that in my opinon faired well is Conway.
    I remember people liking Holly a lot, its just that since its been like 60 episodes since we've seen her, people are just going to forget about her.

Oh well, she made a good pair with Brock and would have been a nice way to get Brock to leave the series.

Why would you be afraid if you helped someone else's pokémon evolve? Seriously.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I remember people liking Holly a lot, its just that since its been like 60 episodes since we've seen her, people are just going to forget about her.

Oh well, she made a good pair with Brock and would have been a nice way to get Brock to leave the series.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I loved Holly and think she should come back and whisk Brock off his tiny girlish feet.

Anywho. An okay episode.

Did anyone get who the Pokémon behind Jessie was when she was doing the "Sinnoh Sports" thing? It looked a bit like Golduck, but I'm not sure.

Iota

Previously Iota

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Yeah, I´m sure Ash would love it if Aoi throws a bunc of thunderstones at Pikachu. He couldn´t be mad

Ooookay, here are my thoughts on this episode:

I like Aoi, I really do. I think she is a fun character and one of the few side characters that wake a side in Ash that interest me ( most of the time, the dude is just plain boring), but this episode wasn´t that special or interesting to me besides her appearance.

It was nice to see her again but I think that the writers could do so much more with her. The Lickylicky plot had a few funny scenes ( when Ash and Aoi tried to distract the "reporters") but didn´t make much sense to me at all to be honest. Maybe it makes sense to disguise a Pokémon as a flying beast by using some helium in the mind of a 10 year old girl but..meh...I wasn´t impressed ^^"

They could have made the story more like a bad b-horror movie, but maybe that was just wishful thinking on my side ^^"

Trigger-happy Meowth was cute, you can´t get enough photos of monster saliva on the ground.

And of course...Lickylicky´s trainer was a big plus as well.

Talking about Lickylicky ( Schlurplek is still a better name ^^) , I liked how it took down Team Rocket. I wanna see a Licky in the league later on. I KNOW it would be awesome!

As Cyber said, a kinda forgettable episode but with a few nice scene mixed into it.

I keep my fingers crossed that Aoi will return someday.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post

Did anyone get who the Pokémon behind Jessie was when she was doing the "Sinnoh Sports" thing? It looked a bit like Golduck, but I'm not sure.
    It looked like the same figure the Fisherman imagined it to look like, some weird Seahorse-looking thing.

Also, I think at the beginning on the back of Brock's newspaper they had a picture of the Temple from last week's episodes. I thought that was neat since it was kinda "the latest news"

I loved the episode. It was good to see Aoi, again. Seeing Lickitung (and Lickilicky) use Rollout was kinda cool. I laughed at LickiLicky's trainer, even though he was really obnoxious. I thought, "Now that is how you speak Japanese with an American accent."
    ***New Signature To Come***

So is the Lickylicki like a shiny?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I wonder where the writers are going with this Aoi subplot.

Seems unusual for them to bring back a character with a crush on Ash. We saw this with Anabel in BF, but she never appeared again.

I don't expect anything to come from this obviously, but I wonder how far the writers will take it. Aoi could either never appear again after this ep or she might appear a few more times. Who knows.

Does anyone else find it amusing all the girls who have liked Ash are barely feminine? Aoi could pass for a boy easily...

Does anyone else find it amusing all the girls who have liked Ash are barely feminine? Aoi could pass for a boy easily...
    Yes, it looks like a recurring theme for his potential love interests...kinda reminds you of a certain ship from the days of old, doesn't it? This seems to be consistent with other animes, though....DBZ comes to mind.

I do think Aoi could come back though...from what I've heard about this episode (can't watch Jap. eps.), it doesn't seem like it was a closing episode for Aoi. Where she may appear again who knows, but I don't think the writers are done with her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    So is the Lickylicki like a shiny?
    Wha...?

With Toxicroak, even though it was clear to those of us who referenced official anime art that it wasn't "shiny", I could see where people who were merely looking at game sprites would get such an impression. However, I am beyond perplexed as to where one would perceive Lickilicky to be amongst them discolored types.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Lickilicky was amazing in this episode. Reminded me of Slowking for some reason! XD

Ok filler episode, but certainly not an episode that I enjoyed watching really. I think the episode tried to perceive it as one that is comical, but it didn't really do a good job on that.

Otherwise, my only favorite part in the episode is the ending and the Japanese reference with the sneezing part. I actually did not know about that before until I saw another anime which featured the same thing. Never thought that this episode would feature that reference.

I loved Lickilicky in the episode and I was glad to see Aoi again, I like her and Ash together!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by lightdash View Post

Otherwise, my only favorite part in the episode is the ending and the Japanese reference with the sneezing part. I actually did not know about that before until I saw another anime which featured the same thing. Never thought that this episode would feature that reference.
    Is this saying really that uncommon in the US? In Germany it is quiet similar. When someone has the hiccups someone his thinking about him.
    When your nose is itching: someone is thinking about you while kissing someone. etc
    The sneezing part is not thaaat different but not really the same.

But when I watched animes when I grew up ( old stuff from the 70ies ) I never had a problem in understanding what those scenes meant.

It is not the first time that this happened in Pokémon. In the Hoenn Mawile episode was a scene just like in the lickylicky episode, but I think they cut it out in the dub version.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Because in the games, Pokemon can't evolve while in the Daycare. If you put a Pokemon in the Daycare and it reaches the level it evolves at/learns the move that is required for it to evolve, etc. it doesn't until you take it out of the Daycare and level up. I guess the anime wanted to keep that game rule?

This is one of my favorite DP episodes.

I don't know, but I found it hilarious and cute at the same time. Aoi had quickly grown on me when she had first appeared in the summer school arc so I was very happy to see her back.

What I also liked about this episode was that it seemed so...casual. Brock reading a newspaper while Ash and Dawn go and buy some drinks, the group
    coming to a town because they actually want to visit someone, etc.

The dialogue seemed more natural too when the group was discussing the quality of this "Sinnoh Sports" newspaper and when Aoi was describing her troubles when she was taking care of Pokémon on her own. The accompanying animation was very good as well because it provided many funny and fitting facial expressions.

It's hard to explain, but it's just nice to see an episode that doesn't have the plot all set and ready to start as soon as the group passes the gate of town X.

This scarf monster thing had already been going on for a while when they arrived, and Ash and his friends only discovered the monster's identity because it was directly connected to Aoi and they kept pushing her to tell them the truth instead of just following the monster when they first saw it.

Speaking of that scene, it was a nice touch that they didn't really believe the news at first because the newspaper seemed dubious to them and thought their eyes had deceived them when they first saw Lickilicky themselves.

I also particularly liked Aoi in this ep because she showed different sides of her character. She panicked when she thought of what her parents might say about her mistake and thought of some ways to push the problem away (literally). The ideas she had were extremely amusing and impressive at the same time - who would've thought she was such an innovative person?
    Last edited by Sushi; 19th October 2008 at 12:09 AM.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I Didn't really get what happened in the end did LikiLikiy(Spelt Wrong)
    Go With That Guy In The End

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Yeah, I´m sure Ash would love it if Aoi throws a bunc of thunderstones at Pikachu. He couldn´t be mad
    Meh, I wouldn't mind.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Stabberz View Post
    I Didn't really get what happened in the end did LikiLikiy(Spelt Wrong)
    Go With That Guy In The End
    Please don't capitalize every word. It's more work for you, hard to read, and looks really stupid. To answer your question, yes, of course. The place they were at is the daycare center in Solaceon Town (but you knew that right?) and the guy that picked up Lickilicky is its trainer. Breeders like Aoi's family aren't supposed to let Pokemon evolve without the consent of their trainers, so Aoi and her parents (when her parents found out) were worried about how the trainer would react. But it turned out he had wanted it to evolve all along and was ecstatic that it had done so.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Maybe it makes sense to disguise a Pokémon as a flying beast by using some helium in the mind of a 10 year old girl but..meh...I wasn´t impressed ^^
    Actually, it did make sense. Lickilicky wouldn't stay in its Pokeball and kept wandering off when it got hungry, so Aoi got the idea to put that "balloon scarf" on it. That way she could inflate it and pull Lickilicky back to the center like a balloon. Unorthodox, but logical, given the size difference.

I also agree with Sushi about the casual tone of this episode, I enjoyed it too.
    Last edited by Geodude; 21st October 2008 at 1:08 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post

Actually, it did make sense. Lickilicky wouldn't stay in its Pokeball and kept wandering off when it got hungry, so Aoi got the idea to put that "balloon scarf" on it. That way she could inflate it and pull Lickilicky back to the center like a balloon. Unorthodox, but logical, given the size difference.
    Rethinking this, you are right. It did make sense, but maybe she should have spent more money on a better rope to tie it in the cave. The "inflanation"device surely wasn´t that cheap either. Well, tying it up all the time probably would have been too cruel I guess ^^"

This episode was really cute (especially if you have a sub :P).

My favorite part though was the Roller Ball Mecha (or whatever it was called), and how Team Rocket didn't realize it was a normal Lickilicky till it removed the intertube (kinda ironic considering how it's usually Team Rocket who fool people with little disguises).

I also liked James' 'below the belt' pun. Or, as he said, bero za beruto.

I think Lickitung using Rollout is just funny.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

That fat guy which took Lickylicky away in the end, was that the owner? I hoped that it was a wild one that Aoi should catch. Strage that Lickylicky didn't reminded Jessie at her old Lickytung.
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny pokemon lower View Post
    That fat guy which took Lickylicky away in the end, was that the owner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    The place they were at is the daycare center in Solaceon Town (but you knew that right?) and the guy that picked up Lickilicky is its trainer.
    Good job reading.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Hopefully Lickilicky will be featured in future episodes too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast