Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If The Scarf Fits, Wear It (566)

ok, admittedly, it's extremly hard for every episode that follows the glorious Cynthia( <3 )-and-Team- Galactic- arc, but this week's episode was really decent and entertaining nevertheless.

The best thing, of course, was the reunion of our heroes with Angie (although I still think that she would have deserved a better, i.e. lovelier styling)
    Did you notice when Angie exclusively welcomed Ash but not Dawn or Brock? If that's not a clear hint for MorpheusShipping...

Lickilicki may not be my favorite Pokemon but I could put up with it, because it intimated his potential by showing some nice moves in the battle against Team Rocket.

How I loved that old fisherman and the hilarious expression on his face XD Poor guy

Ash once again proved himself a real hero when he interceded with Angie's parents on her behalf. A highly impressive scene!

That crazy Lickilicki-owner sure cracked me up Didn't he somehow remind you of Scott from the Battle Frontier, too?

And let us not forget the great scene in which Angie's parents were talking about her daughter marrying Ash and the latter had to sneeze. An ordinary scene at first glance, but one with a profound meaning.
    I just hope that the writer won't let it fall into oblivion

All in all, a successful episode and awesome entertainment

7 out of 10 points.
    Last edited by ash_forever; 23rd March 2009 at 10:51 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

A great episode and one of my favorites, Even though Lickilicky annoys me so much. Especially it's name, Which sounded weird all through out the episode.

Anyway, I love the few hints of MorpheusShipping the writer's gave us. Angie's idea on how to transport Lickilicky made me laugh. So was the ending with Angie and her parents. Poor Ash has no idea what's going on. But my favorite scene of the episode was when Team Rocket stumble on Ash and the gang in the park. It was so sweet how close Ash and Angie were.

I also love how Team Rocket got jobs as paparazzi, It seems so fitting for them. Too bad they're so oblivious.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

An overall good episode. Lickylicky always struck me as one of the oddest pokemon ever. This episode showed just that.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Is it me, or did Sarah Natochenny sound... a teeny bit different than she normally does? Meh, it could very well just be my imagination.

Anyway, it was quite a good episode. Lickilicky's trainer was... funny. In the RAW, I believe he spoke English, IIRC. Now he spoke... <inserts language here>. Still funny. This is the first time the narrator said "TO BE CONTINUED", right? Oh, and the myth about sneezing, it's also present in Chinese myths, too.

BACK

For you guys interested in watching or even rewatching the episode
    check out Pokemon Battle Dimension 46
    Cool site to Watch Pokemon

I liked this episode, really cool, and Lickilicky made it really an enjoyable episode. I love how then end was funny. When ash sneezed it meant that people were talking about him behind its back.
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

That Italian nutter was funny.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

I saw Billy Beach at the end of the credits. I believe he was one of those recurring actors right?

Lol pretty funny episode. I wasnt really expecting much, but it was a lot better than expected.
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

I pretty much laughed at the people thinking that the "scarf monster" exists, but this just so happens to be nothing more than a Bigfoot rip-off.

I'll say that Lickylicky's inflatable collar sure is a nifty creation, & Angie sure has some creativity. That much I'll give her credit for. Also, having him floating in midair must have people crapping in their pants once they saw his dark shadow.

Lastly, when TR made up their Pokemon food that's the size of a boulder, I was thinking, how in the world can someone eat that?!

That's pretty much it...

*Leaves*

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I saw Billy Beach at the end of the credits. I believe he was one of those recurring actors right?
    a.k.a., Jimmy Zoppi? Yeah, he's the guy who does the voice of Meowth, James, Prof. Oak, Gary and a few random characters here and there.

I could not believe that Team Rocket was unable to tell that "the scarf monster" was indeed Lickilicky simply because it was wearing that inflatable tube. It's simply wearing a tube, and they still weren't able to tell the thing from a Lickilicky.

*chucks faith out the window, then closes window*

edits: It's-a me, Mario! Oh god, it's as if the writers were deliberately trying to tell us that Nintendo is in some way related to this!
    Also, I gotta love the ending. What Angie's parents said was quite hilarious . Oh, and by the looks of things, Ash seems to allergic to something... (hehehe, this could explain a bit, not!). Then the narrator saying To Be Continued...? That was good.

Okay, so for the most part the episode wasn't bad. I didn't like where it went in the first place, but it solved itself in the end quite nicely. That italian guy was just perfect.

*C_L*
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 23rd March 2009 at 4:47 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Eh, I found Mr. Fake Italian to be annoying. But then, badly faked accents tend to bug me anyway. (Maybe it's because NOBODY ever gets the Maine accent right but insists on trying it anyway.)

I did find Angie's parents to be a giggle though, even if her father's voice came across as (unintentionally?) patronising. The marriage talk is just the kind of thing parents do to their kids, even today- I've heard them.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    He's in the end credits every episode. He voices Meowth and James.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Default Nice to see Angie

It was cool seeing Angie back again. Do you think Serebii will make a bio for her?

I liked episode, it was much cooler than I tought. Why did Ash sneeazed at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by milenadrg View Post
    I liked episode, it was much cooler than I tought. Why did Ash sneeazed at the end?
    In Japanese culture, if you talk about someone behind their back, that person will sneeze (Angie was talking about Ash) . It was also done in that Mawile episode back in Hoenn, but it was cut out. I was surprised they kept it in, even though it doesn't make sense in American culture. Man, Team Rocket are so stupid, it's just a Lickilicky with a inflatable thing.

Oh yeah! I remember that being in this episode of Magical DoReMi. Patina, Laralie, and Mirabelle were all talking about Dorie for a few seconds around the beginning. And at Dorie's house, she stated "They say when you sneeze, someone's talking about you".

And yes, this was also in the DUB version as well, so glad I know that.

But back to this episode, I thought it was funny when Jessie had a snake tounge in front of James and Meowth. That was hilarious, when she did a snake noise as well.

I liked Lickilicky as well, I was stunned that it was just flying in the air. Now, I get the part of "The Unidentified Floating Monster?!" :P

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I love it when Team Rocket puts on their dumb act.
    It makes me laugh every time.

Decent episode. A lot better than some of the other fillers.
    I loved seeing Angie again. It's nice to have an old character come back once in a while. Gives a sense of.... nostalgia. y/n?

It was great at the end too, when they were talking about getting married.
    I could practically hear all the AshxAngie shippers squealing. XDDD

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post

And yes, this was also in the DUB version as well, so glad I know that.
    4kids has been known to remove this from their eps haha.
    Like when Corphish sneezed during a Ludicolo based ep.

Hooray for PUSA

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

It was one of the best episodes in a long time. Lickilicky was too cool for school lol. Team Rocket and their crazy antics lol, when will they learn?

Loved this episode. Laughed at the paper being callede the Sinnoh star and also Team rocket running away from the poilice. Lillkilicky made me laugh though with it keep escaping from its pokeball ^_^ and when Brock said "Angie you have a weird imagination
    LOL at angie calling Team Rocket weirdos and yay James had his rose ^_^
    hehe James called Jessie dear ^_^. Love angies parents. LOL the trainer was so funny and love angies mother teaasing angie about ASh

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    It was great at the end too, when they were talking about getting married.
    I could practically hear all the AshxAngie shippers squealing. XDDD
    I WAS NOT SQUEALING! okay i was...

At first I thought that they wern't going to show that part at the end with Angie and her parents when the narrator started talking. I was so relieved when they showed it!
    Yah-ha-ha-ha-haaa!Insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyYanmega View Post
    I WAS NOT SQUEALING! okay i was...

At first I thought that they wern't going to show that part at the end with Angie and her parents when the narrator started talking. I was so relieved when they showed it!
    Haha nice!

This is what I like about PUSA. They don't cut scenes out.
    It's interesting how America has become more and more accepting over the years...

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

Well, they have cut one scene, but under the circumstances, I can't say as I blame them. Some of Meowth's boss fantasies are sketchy, but one of them- I'm not sure they'd have shown it on prime time, let alone a kids' show! It was jaw-droppingly wierd. And sketchy. And did I mention sketchy?

Giovanni in a speedo, covered with honey. I'll say no more.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

I saw that one on youtube!
    The funniest thing I've ever seen.
    I was wondering if "honey" really was honey..... -shot-

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. No. DS.