Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Trainer and Child Reunion (567)

does butterfree com bak in d episode

im so disapointed in how aaron was introduced it was good to see him though. they should of made a more catchy and unique storyline instead of him looking for his wurmple. animations are fine ...actually good nothin to exagerate about.

It seems that all the girls adore Aaron, including Officer Jenny, despite being the weakest of the Elite Four due to his use of Bug type pokemon, which are one of the weakest types in the series. Speaking of being the weakest of the Elite Four, even in his flashbacks with his Wrumple, he's still a sore loser. It's also about time that Ash finally remembered his Butterfree and questions where he is right now.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this episode. It seemed...bland, I guess would be the word. My favorite part was probably Ash finally remembering his Butterfree. About time he got some mention in the series again. Well, that and seeing a new E4 member.
    -Sob- My Diamond is dead. R.I.P. my sweet game since I have no idea where you are.

Currently: Waiting for Heart Gold and Soul Silver to make their way to the U.S.
    Playing Platinum in between doing homework.

Hmm... I'd never thought that Aaron would make all the young girls squeal like little piggies.

In any case, I probably think that he's here to show us that all bugs are useful, not just Heracross. However, what's been eating me in this is what the hell is the Skorupi here for?

& they've found a Beautifly that just so happens to be the Wurmple that Aaron has been with since his childhood, as we can see since she recognized him immediately.

Lastly, I actually think he became more of a real man than in the past, but then again, this all happened in his childhood, so it's not much out of the ordinary...

*continues to linger around*

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    In any case, I probably think that he's here to show us that all bugs are useful, not just Heracross. However, what's been eating me in this is what the hell is the Skorupi here for?
    Now that I think about it, I never did have a bug regular in my teams in any generation...

I'm glad Aaron reunited with his Wurmple/Beautifly again, despite his little rant wen he was younger.
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 28th March 2009 at 8:01 PM.

So, Ash wants to be part of the Elite 4 team or did I just misheard what he said?

It was a good episode, I liked all the Bug Pokemon, but wasn't Beautifly's head too big?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    So, Ash wants to be part of the Elite 4 team or did I just misheard what he said?
    He wants to face the entire Sinnoh E4 and Champion Cynthia.

He only encountered a couple of each team before heading to Sinnoh:
    Bruno
    Lance (As a G-Man, undercover agent)
    Lorelei/Prima
    Agatha
    Drake
    Koga (as Kanto Gym Leader)
    Last edited by Sparkleo; 28th March 2009 at 10:29 PM.

This episode was quite good. It was cool to see a Skourupi. I felt bad for Aaron and Wurmple in his flashback. I’m also glad to see Aaron and Beautifly have their reunion.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Wow i was quite dissapointed with this episode. It seemed really uninspiring and kinda pointless for an E4 episode. I mean, Vespequin and Drapion getting knocked around by Seviper and Carnivine kinda bugged me (bad joke). It wasnt terrible, but it wasnt great either.
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

I had already seen the (Japanese) trailer for today's episode, so, frankly, I was a bit sceptical when I started to watch it:

My first concern was which voice Aaron would get. But, thank God, my fears were unfounded: PUSA did a great job and gave Aaron a voice worthy of an Elite Four-member!

Now let's take a closer look at the single scenes:

Jenny freaking out when seeing or talking about Aaron reminds of me because I always go crazy as well when my queen Cynthia is mentioned :eek:

I liked Aaron being so kind as to allow our heroes to accompany him and show his home to them.
    The mere fact that an Elite Four member was shown while doing fitness training was kinda startling. He even has a flatscreen! did you notice that? ^^ Quite a cosy home he has!
    Today's "Funniest Moment" -Award undoubtedly goes to Ash for overdoing his training. Why was I expecting exactly that to happen? :XD2:

And now to my only point of critism which, however, is a major one and will influences this episode's rating:
    How in the world is it possible that TWO ELITE FOUR(!!!) Pokemon are hit by the ridiculously weak Pokemon of Team Rocket and that Aaron can be tricked by a Haze-attack from Seviper and crashes like a plane???.
    This was so awfully disappointing...
    As Sceptile 726 said quite rightly:
    An elite pokemon being hit by TR's pokes? Blasphemy
    I wouldn't call it blasphemy, but something that just MUST NOT happen! I'd understand it if Aaron was just an ordinary gym leader, but considering that he is an Elite Four member..NOOOOO!:saiyan:
    Thinking of the upcoming battle for the title of Champion(!!!) against Cynthia, I'm slowly but surely starting to wonder whether that battle is going to be somewhat unworthy..

To cut a long story short, I just wanted to see a much stronger Elite-Aaron...Man, that bothers me so much...

Finally, the background of Wurmple and Aaron was heart-warming and moving, though. A welcome change and quite a successful plot. I was also impressed by Beautifly's powerful Solar Beam. The first one which came down from the sky all of a sudden almost looked like a glaring flash of lightning. Awesome!

All in all, it would be a great episode, if it hadn't been for that aforesaid messed up scene in which Aaron's great Pokemon got hit quite hard.

7.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Overall, an average episode. I like it when we get to see the lives of a member of the Elite Four. And I was truly moved by the story of Aronn and Wurmple. Somehow Aronn kinda remindes me of myself. Plus, if any of you have noiticed, ever since the last movie the charecters of Pokemon have been eating alot of pancakes. Who knows what this means?! Mabye a new pancake Pokemon?????!!!!!
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

Squeeing fangirl Jenny was disturbingly amusing. Or possibly amusingly disturbing.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Who did the dub voice for Aaron?

I don't think there will be a pancake Pokemon XD As epic as that would be, I don't see it happening.

I missed the first half of the episode because I fell back asleep after waking up, but I saw the end. The story reminded me of Sugar the Raichu, where it went off on its own to train to please its trainer.

Aaron's dub voice was pretty good. His character portrayal in this episode was really nice. I also loved the focus on the bonds between him and his pokemon, which is what makes them both really powerful.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Default sigh...

and ... again
    After every episode I get reminded why I like the games a lot better
    Has Aaron got antigravity boots? He just jumps to TR machine like 30 feets...
    And TR pokemon defeat Elite 4 Pokemon in 1 HIT???? WHAT??
    pls comment
    Last edited by zsedan; 29th March 2009 at 7:40 PM.
    Pokemon forever

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    Aaron's dub voice was pretty good. His character portrayal in this episode was really nice. I also loved the focus on the bonds between him and his pokemon, which is what makes them both really powerful.
    Still, who was the VA that did Aaron?

If any of you are interested to watch or rewatch this episode again

Its up here Watch Episode 47 - A Trainer and Child Reunion
    Cool site to Watch Pokemon

Best episode ever! Im so sorry for bug pokemon!
    Sizcor (Spelling) is my fav bug pokemon because its steel.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

well the episode was decent.
    but why the hell Aron keep a prevolution on his team.

i believe he have no chance againts Cynthia she use diferent kind of pokemon wile Aron is all bug type which is a weak type.

i think Pokemon USA was lasy in this episode because they did not edited the signature and i think munchlax had his japanese voice.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 30th March 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    well the episode was decent.
    but why the hell Aron keep a prevolution on his team.

i believe he have no chance againts Cynthia she use diferent kind of pokemon wile Aron is all bug type which is a weak type.

i think Pokemon USA was lasy in this episode because they did not edited the signature and i think munchlax had his japanese voice.
    Well oviosly(Spelling) hes the 1 member of the elete four :P
    Bug and Steel type are strong. Drapions not really a bug type, hes a poison and dark type. Theres no point on using pure bug type pokemon! All there is its bug and flying pokemon! Would of it been cool if theres a electric and bug pokemon, fire and bug pokemon to! That would be cool, would it?

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    Both of which are good things, not lazy things.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This was an ok episode. I liked seeing Aaron and everything falling over him esp officer jenny lol. Also Ash remembering Butterfree again was good. Team Rocket seem to be obsessed with pancakes at the moment though lol.
    Yay Aarons wurmple evolved into a beautifly and saved them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast