Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ash sucks

Default Ash sucks

Let's be honest. Look how Ash do as a trainer:

He has travelled through 4 regions (Kanto, Orange, Johto, Hoenn) and is currently travelling through Orre, his fifth region... And how many Pokémon have he caught? Well, he got 51 Pokémons, but 30 of them are Tauroses...!

And he gets rid of his powerful Pokémons all the time! Charizard, Squirtle, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Primeape, Haunter, Butterfree, Lapras... Of course, he had different reasons to do so, but he would have been twice the trainer he is now, if...

No, he wouldn't. Cause he would just leave them at Oak's lab and catch a few new weaklings to train! Sceptile, Donphan, Swellow, Glalie, Bayleef, Bulbasaur... Why? Why do he insist on leaving all those powerhouses at Oak's lab, and not use them to be succesfull as a trainer?

Cause he sucks. Ash can't train Pokémon. Ash can't battle. Ash sucks.

Since when is he travelling through Orre?

Your Point being

He is just a fictional character, Leave it alone
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier99 View Post
    Since when is he travelling through Orre?
    I meant the fifth region

Oh, and yeah, he is fictional. But still incredibly stupid.

Oh, and yeah, he is fictional. But still incredibly stupid.
    Same as any main character in a Show, It is a Cliche
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

*Sighs*

The writers give Ash new Pokemon every region to promote the show and get more viewers.

The writers don't care about what you think, all the care about is their filthy $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    *Sighs*

The writers give Ash new Pokemon every region to promote the show and get more viewers.

The writers don't care about what you think, all the care about is their filthy $$$.
    I know, but Ash will never be champ in this way. Through it would be SERIOUSLY cool if his old Pokémons, like Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras etc. would join him in his last league battle...

Quote Originally Posted by Zweet View Post
    I know, but Ash will never be champ in this way. Through it would be SERIOUSLY cool if his old Pokémons, like Pidgeot, Butterfree, Primeape, Lapras etc. would join him in his last league battle...
    If the writers want him to win, he'll win. If the writers want Ash to beat Mewtwo with a Magikarp, he will. Simple as that.

Ash will become the master when the show ends, in the next 20 years or so...

And many protagonists in shonen anime are reckless single-minded idiots. Fact of life.

Exclamation

I think that the writers want to learn all fans a lesson. When he loses a league, he is starting over from point 0. I think they mean, when you make a fault or mistake, try to do it better next time. It's isn't just a serie what stands for winning only.
    My friendcode: 2552-2394-5176

Well ah needs better pokémon anyways. I agree with Zweet. Ash sucks. I bet Brock became Suckish because he hangs around with ash all the time!^^
    Signature coming soon

You're kidding yourself if you think Butterfree and Pidgeot are some of his strongest Pokemon.

EDIT: Pokemon is cyclical! News at 11.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

If the writers want him to win, he'll win. If the writers want Ash to beat Mewtwo with a Magikarp, he will. Simple as that.
    I agree. I mean, how could his pikachu hold back all three regis then lose to a staravia of a much lower level when the yellow rat had more training under its belt? the writers can do whatever the hell they want, even if they contradict themselves. Simple as.
    I wish there were still dinosaurs.
    My writing, please have a look if you're interested^^
    (I write sci-fi mainly, but other stuff like poetry too:3)

http://wattpad.com/user/Just_Testing

I agree with you that Ash started down the path of failure as soon as he began abandoning his strongest pokes. He invests all this time into training these pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile etc just so he can randomly "box" them away. This flaw in the show is to big to ignore imo. The anime makers obviously wanted ash to showcase new pokemon from the new generations however in doing so they turned him into an awful trainer who trains a team of six, fails to win, gets another 6, fails to win, rinse and repeat. And not to mention he is nowhere near completing his dex. We need a new Protagonist who displays all the characteristics of a master(Large Dex, Strong Pokemon, Wins the battles that matter).

It's because the show is all about friendship and being partners with your captured animals, not about collecting them for the sake of having one of that species.

Besides, I don't think there's ever been evidence that a trainer's Pokédex is empty at the start and needs to be filled in. I remember in the episode where Togepi hatched that Ash's Pokédex has to be updated to recognise it, proving that trainers aren't the ones to write the entries.

And there's no such thing as a "strong" pokémon in the anime anyway - it's all about the plot. As Dusk says above, if a Magikarp needs to win, then it'll win. So saying Ash boxes/releases his strongest pokémon is a bit meaningless, because as every little kiddie is told, every underdog always wins in the end.

[Non-relevant portions of this message taste like chicken]
    Quote Originally Posted by AEROBLASTER View Post
    I suggest the possibility of magic.

Why did he catch 30 stinikin Toroses. Yeah and he keeps ditching all his good guys to get sucky ones. And yeah he should have more than like 20 in his pokedex. I agree with darkdragonite.

Ash: Magikarp, use Splash!
    *Magikarp uses Splash*
    Mewtwo: Ugh!
    *Mewtwo Faints*
    LOL!
    Mew through the ages...

PM me if you want to be friends!!!
    Fans of Sneasel or Weavile? Join the:
    Weavile and Sneasel Club

Quote Originally Posted by mewfan1 View Post
    Ash: Magikarp, use Splash!
    *Magikarp uses Splash*
    Mewtwo: Ugh!
    *Mewtwo Faints*
    LOL!
    Or:

Magikarp used splash!
    Mewtwo got scared and died of fright!

Thinking of the anime so far, that's not farfetched really, is it?
    I wish there were still dinosaurs.
    My writing, please have a look if you're interested^^
    (I write sci-fi mainly, but other stuff like poetry too:3)

http://wattpad.com/user/Just_Testing

I just think ash is just in the anime to make money and promote the games, hence the reason why he doesn't keep kanto pokemon whilst he's in Sinnoh, (with the exeption of Pikachu)

He wants to make his Pokemon happy,and captures Pokemon that he likes,and who usually like him back.

He's an admirable Pokemon Trainer once you think about it.
    I think he quit his "Gotta Catch Them All" thing along time ago,and is just..Trying to be a Pokemon Master.

And he gets rid of his powerful Pokémons all the time! Charizard, Squirtle, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Primeape, Haunter, Butterfree, Lapras... Of course, he had different reasons to do so, but he would have been twice the trainer he is now, if...
    Charizard was left behind to do training. If you actually watched the show, you would know he can call it back at any time. Or did you somehow miss its fight against Articuno in the Battle Frontier?

Squirtle is also in the same position. It can be called at any time.

Beedrill? A powerful Pokemon? We've seen a million of them through the entire run of each series. He gave that one up because it was more suited for Casey and it obviously was a run of the mill Pokemon they always run into..or rather, run away from.

Pidgeot was left behind, yeah. Have the writers forgotten about it? No.

Primeape is in a similar spot as Charizard. Problem is that the writers haven't bothered to bring it back, though it's definitely not forgotten.

Haunter was NEVER Ash's. Ever. We don't even know if it was even powerful to begin with as it never did anything but play around.

Butterfree HAD to be let go of since it was starting a family of its own.

Lapras was in the same position of having to be let go of. Ash promised it he'd return it to its family and he did. Neither Lapras nor Butterfree would have forgiven him as a trainer or person if he forced them to stay with him.

No, he wouldn't. Cause he would just leave them at Oak's lab and catch a few new weaklings to train! Sceptile, Donphan, Swellow, Glalie, Bayleef, Bulbasaur... Why? Why do he insist on leaving all those powerhouses at Oak's lab, and not use them to be succesfull as a trainer?
    What's the point in just breezing through everything with just the same powerhouses? Where the challenge and experience gained from raising different Pokemon aside from the ones you've grown accustomed to using? Even Pikachu's training was changed up so that it could use more physical attacks that didn't involve Quick Attack and didn't resort to it just using Thunderbolt.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Lol@ Orre.

I sense I'm feeding a troll here, but I think Ash is a fine trainer. He needs a little variety in his captures and frankly, using Seismic Toss on a Dusclops was moronic. But he's fine.

I'm running an ASB Member of the Month thread!
    Stay tuned to the TO and make the ASB a better place!

I couldn't tell you how many of these threads pop up.
    I'll just tell you simply and sweet, Ash isn't going to be an actual champion anytime soon.
    He's not going to use his powerhouses now because he's training new ones! That's what trainers do. They train thier pokemon.
    Oh my jesus, I've been on this site for a year already...
    I think I deserve gifts. Like pie.

You'd be complaining if he was still only using his Kanto team in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh...

Think about it...You say you like Sceptile, Glalie, Swellow, Bayleef, etc. But if he hadn't released/oaked some of his older pokemon, he would never have even got these.

Yes, Ash is a stupid and gay loser, but people would get bored if he just easily sweeped opponents without thinking twice with his meg-super-ultra-awesome-strong team.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast