Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiding the Enemy! (568)

No He actually did tell Torterra to do it i've seen the episode he tells torterra to go help grotle and torterra shows grotle how a strong defense i good

Really? Oh, thanks! Yay, Paul is kind for once! Call me hyper. ^^'' So at least you understand Japanese unlike me LOL. I just can't wait, so ended up with RAWs. >.<

BACK

I had to lol at Brock's happani trying to talk to Paul's pokemon, as uber strong as it is, the thing has to have a death wish for doing that.

Gotta say i was intresting in torterra batting Gliscor, and what was that song being played called? It sounded nice.

Im Not that good at Japanese but I can understand the basic Jist of things and Now I Cant wait until DP 100 so i might have misheard The conversation between Brock and Paul

and Paul either told Torterra to go make sure that Grotle Was weak in the Pokemon League or to Help Him

Joke Joke Lol he told him to help grotle

*Phew* Luckily it was a joke. ^^ Thanks for the help. Rating for ep : 9.5/10.0. Off topic here - Ash's Grass starters goes in a pattern... I noticed instead of 1231, it went 1232, if you guys get what I mean. 1 as in 1st stage. 2nd as in middle & 3rd as in final. K, gtg. Before I get banned from touching the comp. Bye!

EDIT: Ooh, and why was Paul helping so... ahem, secretively? Feeling sorry for it cause his Torterra was like that once? Hm... :?

BACK

I really liked this episode especially how after Turtwig evolved how Torterra had expressed some concern towards it. And then when Grotle tried to regain its speed when Torterra comes and shows it that for them, speed just isn't their way of battle, but rather defense to tire them and the finishing them with an attack, acting as a big brother/mentor figure for Grotle. It really is great seeing Pauls pokemon actually developing some kind of mutual feeling towards some of Ash's pokemon first with Electabuzz towards Pikachu and now Torterra towards Grotle

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

lol i love how people keep insisting there's a pattern with ashes grass type and everytime there pattern is broken they just go oh i had the wrong pattern but it's still a pattern. I cann't wait for next region so we can all go through the it's a pattern oh wait it isn't oh wait it is a pattern just not the one i thought again.

Was the Gliscor we saw in the episode pictures apparently using Sandstorm with Staravia Ash's or not? Kind of hard to tell from what's posted here.

I really wanna see this episode, it sucks we can't link to Youtube here . . .
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

It was Ash's dawn was commanding Gliscor and Staravia along with her Pokemon it was like a mini Battle

Wait, so did Paul tell Torterra to help out Grotle? I couldn't tell from the scene, but I kinda got a feeling, if Paul didn't tell Torterra to do it, he atleast acknowledged that's what it was doing and was okay with it.

But yeah, I have to say Paul and Torterra were kinda the big players in this episode. The Grotle vs. Honchkrow was more of a subplot instead of the main draw like most people thought it would be.

this episode was awesome i cann't wait for the version i can actually understand even so i loved this episode it was also very cool seeing cynthia defend against solarbeam witha rock type move.

I really liked this episode. Kinoshita&#180;s art still looks below-mediocre in many scenes, but the battle between Turtwig and the Crow didn&#180;t look to bad too be honest. It wasn&#180;t special, had a lot of reused scenes etc. but I didn&#180;t think "man, that looks horrible and/or forceless" like Takeda&#180;s episode a week ago.

Looking at the plot...man, I did feel bad for Grotle..poor thing. TeddiUrsa ist traurig... It really was something special with all its speed and it was proud of it, nevertheless it lost all of this...the teary eyes-scene almost broke my weak,german heart...

Shinji had a few really nice scenes this episode. Like how he was watching Satoshi&#180;s training, his chit-chat with Takeshi, Torterra and Shinji in the woods at night etc.
    I pull a Cyber here and say that it is nice that finally a rival is done right, unlike Shigeru in Jotho.

Oh, I almost forgot to say how much I liked the interaction of all of the Pok&#233;mon ad night. Seeing Satoshi&#180;s other Pok&#233;mon trying to comfort Grotle or talking too each other after waking up was very nice. We get scenes like these normally in episodes which are centered about funny Pok&#233;mon interaction, so it was kinda cool to see it in a "normal" episode.
    It really would be nice to see the subtitles return,...

I laughed at the potential mass muk on Orchid orgy at the end of the episode...hey, Hanako and Muk is all Orchid needs to be a happy man.
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 31st October 2008 at 12:32 PM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Grotle actually gave me the impression of a personality, which is a good sign. I knew I would probably like Grotle so I'm glad to see I'm right.

Hopefully we'll get to see some unique attacks offensively and defensively in the future.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

^_^ Finally ash's turtwig evolves after all that hard work he desrves it ^_^... question: did ash get the hearthome city badge? in japan yet?
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

No, his battle against Fantina comes up in 2 more episodes

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

did anyone else notice that it took Turtwig 96 eps to evolve? that the same number of eps it took for Ash's Grovyle to evolve to sceptile.

^^ Actually, they both took 95, and yea, I pointed it out in the speculation thread.

And Treecko's amount to Grovyle is Turtwig -> Grotle's flipped.(59)

Wait a minute!

Paul willingly helped Ash? Well, Grotle? Wow... And every figured Torterra would help Grotle, and he did. Cool.

It was Ash's Gliscor using Sandstorm? Or did Staravia Whirlwind his/her Sand-Attack?
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Shinji should appear more than just once every 20 episodes. The episodes with him in are just so much better than a regular episode.
    Nah. If he appears in too many episodes, he's gonna get kinda boring.

*Points at Team Rocket.*

Good episode overall!
    I felt bad for Grotle for losing his speed,but Torterra sure showed him how to tank using Gliscor as example.Grotle trying to be fast with all that extra weight kinda touched me Go Grotle!
    *runs to the speculation for 101*

I'm surprised. This was actually a good episode and one of my favourites so far. Even with Kinoshita's animation.

Grotle kinda pulled at my heartstrings during the fight with Honchkrow. Falling over every other second, incapable of movement. It was quite sad really.

But at least this means he now has a personality! Hooray!

Also it was good to see Gliscor finally doing something good! And was that a new animation for Discharge? And was Swinub using Ice Shard or AncientPower, because it kinda looked like MEGA.Yanma's AncientPower.

And with that, I leave you with my favourite example of bad drawing from this episode. Aside from the 2-D Weavile that is.

EDIT: Can anyone else see the picture? Because I can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Awww i was really hoping that Grotle would pull out a victory. Still, the emotional story was worth it! It was nice to see Paul trying to help Ash rather then hindering him. Shows hes more then just a dick we all thought he was at the beggining.
    I said it before, but Grotle is totally adorable! I want one!

Nah. If he appears in too many episodes, he's gonna get kinda boring.

*Points at Team Rocket.*
    I heartilly agree with you, sir. Part of what makes Pauls episodes so good is that their infrequent. If they appeared too often we'd get bored of them. Personally i prefer them this way.

This brings Ash and Pauls score record too: Ash 0-2-2 Paul.

....Gutted Ash.

By the way, was the Badge Paul showed off the Fantina badge? I cant remember what the Sinnoh Badges look like.

And finally, looks like Ash is definatly going for the Buizel, Chimchar and Pikachu line up for Fantina. I was SO hoping Gliscor would get a looks in, but it looks like its doomed too minimum battling ! At least Chimchars gonna get some action. I hope it gets a decent go, and I'm hoping this is Pikachu's last gym battle till the 8th battle.

I honestly dont care about Gliscor missing out on the Fantina battle anymore. It was awesome in this episode, and next its going up against Jun! w00t!!

I wonder if Paul actually had a bit of trouble with Fantina. Sure he's got the badge, but maybe he actually had to try this time. (Unless he's got some new psychic type that we will only see in a flashback in one of the next 2 episodes).
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Aaron, struggling with his disformed and seemingly paralyzed figure in the previous episode due to Takeda's stellar ability to utilize the minimum number of frames per second that the PAL standard enables, now gets a second chance.

The bad news is that he then got stuck in the hands of Kinoshita, effectively cutting off thirty pounds from his already-stick-like figure. But hey, that's what happens when you battle Cynthia's highly trained Gastrodon using the Beautifly you just reuinited with and haven't had time to train it worth jack.

Seriously, that's as far as I got through the episode before my computer oddly stopped playing any Youtube videos or streaming from any other site. So, merely rating the three minutes I saw - including the minute-and-a-half intro - I'd have to give this episode three quatloos out of five rupees. It needed some more razzmatazz, but had enough periwinkle to keep me tickled pink.

Equally meaningless comments on the other 20 minutes some other time, I suppose.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Question

Can anyone fully translate Paul's dialogue in this episode? I know that's asking a lot (and I can only hope for a subbed episode on YouTube). I'm just curious, because I just saw it, and I can't tell if he actually told Torterra to talk to Grotle, especially after he called both Ash and Grotle "useless" (yes, I can tell he said that in Japanese).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast