Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiding the Enemy! (568)

Is it me or did they also talk about Ghost-types and Dark-types, after Paul showed his badge?

So apparently Torterra's tree can be cut like a bonzai tree. Cool.

Heh, maybe Grotle will evolve too and learn Frenzy Plant later on. Well that, or Superpower.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I really need to get this cleared. Stabberz told me Paul asked Torterra to help Grotle. But someone else in some other place told me Torterra helped Grotle on his own will. So... which one, exactly? @.@

BACK

Team Rocket over there trimming Torterra's tree was freaking hilarious!

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

sweet_piplup123 - Yeah. & I thought Paul wouldn't even care to let them do anything. I mean, come on. Paul? Letting someone pamper his Pokemon? Not right... Or maybe he was like... "Whatever."???

Anybody here had any idea what Paul said to Torterra near the ending???

& I <3 that piece of music playing when Grotle was training. Aww... makes me want to go comfort it. {^_^}
    Last edited by csisps_26; 31st October 2008 at 2:08 PM.

BACK

Paul would get more boring seeing as they are now gonna include Jun AKA Your rival from DPPT

this series of pokemon seems tedious as its omg a stranger we must help them and get team rocket to rob them and then eventually get pikachu to blast team rocket off again

If I heard correctly, he said "You're a curious guy" to Torterra.

There was one part I was rather confused about, where Paul and Brock were talking about Reiji. Paul said something along the lines of "While my brother was trying to get that one badge (brave symbol), he ended up giving up battling after a loss one day (?)", then went on to say "Even though he was one of the best, it's always one after another." There was a word in there that was spoken too fast/softly, so I could not make it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You sure Paul actually said that ((to Torterra)). OMG, & the whole world thinks he wouldn't let his Pokemon wander around except to do training. OK... ^_^" Didn't expect that.

And when did Ash's Gliscor learn Sandstorm???

BACK

Is it just me, or did Shinji seem to be a little less...erm...mean in this ep? I mean...he was just kinda...monotone. o-O Also, what was Takeshi discussing with Shinji? I picked out some key words like "Battle Frontier," and what seemed like "Satoshi beat the Battle Pyramid, but did Reiji?" or something like that.
    What was Shinji's reaction? It didn't seem like he was too upset with Takeshi asking, just seemed a little embarrased, imo.
    Still, he didn't seem to be his usual "cruel and mean" self.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Is it just me, or did Shinji seem to be a little less...erm...mean in this ep? I mean...he was just kinda...monotone. o-O Also, what was Takeshi discussing with Shinji? I picked out some key words like "Battle Frontier," and what seemed like "Satoshi beat the Battle Pyramid, but did Reiji?" or something like that.
    What was Shinji's reaction? It didn't seem like he was too upset with Takeshi asking, just seemed a little embarrased, imo.
    I have to agree a lot on this fact. One word describes it all: WEIRD. DOn't you think it's weird? As in Paul not being mean. I.e.: He didn't get offended whatsoever talking to Brock, & didn't mind Torterra going around wherever it wanted. I'd thought he would want Torterra to do training or sorts like that. But hey. Torterra wasn't scolded. Normally, he'd probably be going around lecturing & scolding his Pokemon for wandering around (not that they have done so yet), but yeah. & WILL SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me whether Paul asked Torterra to help Grotle or Torterra did it on his on will??

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    I have to agree a lot on this fact. One word describes it all: WEIRD. DOn't you think it's weird? As in Paul not being mean. I.e.: He didn't get offended whatsoever talking to Brock, & didn't mind Torterra going around wherever it wanted. I'd thought he would want Torterra to do training or sorts like that. But hey. Torterra wasn't scolded. Normally, he'd probably be going around lecturing & scolding his Pokemon for wandering around (not that they have done so yet), but yeah. & WILL SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me whether Paul asked Torterra to help Grotle or Torterra did it on his on will??
    I'm pretty sure that T9rterra did it on it's own.... I'm hoping for Staravia to sit on Grotle a lot now. Just like he did baclk in his Starly days...

OK, if Torterra helped Grotle by himself, then what did Paul say when I figured out that Torterra wandered off?

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by mew-the original View Post
    I'm pretty sure that T9rterra did it on it's own.... I'm hoping for Staravia to sit on Grotle a lot now. Just like he did baclk in his Starly days...
    Yeah that'd be nice to see again.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Such a nice episode. Honchkrow made his proper anime debut. I liked that it seemed a bit cocky and arrogant. Its attacks were kinda boring and repetitive after a while though, they could've done so much more with that. I wonder what Dawn said after she heard the Dex entry for Honchkrow. She made a really funny face.

I was very surprised with Grotle. It never was a Pokemon I was interested in, but this episode gave it a bit of a personality. The crying, the determination.. I hope they dont forget about Grotle after this episode.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a female HA non-US Murkrow
    preferably with 5IVs and in a Heal Ball or Luxury Ball

PM me if you have one! ♡

Quote Originally Posted by FireHead Hank View Post
    Such a nice episode. Honchkrow made his proper anime debut. I liked that it seemed a bit cocky and arrogant. Its attacks were kinda boring and repetitive after a while though, they could've done so much more with that. I wonder what Dawn said after she heard the Dex entry for Honchkrow. She made a really funny face.

I was very surprised with Grotle. It never was a Pokemon I was interested in, but this episode gave it a bit of a personality. The crying, the determination.. I hope they dont forget about Grotle after this episode.
    What attacks did Honchcrow use?

Saw Sky Attack (Paul seems to love attacks like these - high power moves with drawbacks), Dark Pulse, some sort of Wing attack (either Wing Attack or Steel Wing), and what seems like Aerial Ace.

The random Happiny poking Paul's pokemon scene was funny.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone and their mothers
    Wow, Paul wasn't all that mean this episode!
    I really get the feeling that Paul isn't that mean to everyone, it's just that Ash gets on his nerves. A lot. Not only that, but he really doesn't seem that nasty to his Pokemon either - well, once they've proven themselves to be powerful, anyway - so it's not too surprising he didn't care that Torterra helped Grotle out. It's just that most of the Paul we've seen so far has been interacting with Ash and/or Chimchar, and that always seems to bring out Paul at his worst. That's not to say he's a nice guy, he's just not the full-blown butthole everyone makes him out to be.

Anyway, the episode...well, one thing I have to say is that I somehow never noticed that Grotle had a tail despite the other members of its line having one. Perhaps its design just bored me that much. I must admit that actually seeing Grotle move around and such has improved my opinion of the thing, though.

Once again, Team Rocket learns to take a background role in an important ep. You have no idea how much I appreciate the writers finally learning that hey, TR doesn't have to steal something(or even try to streal something) in EVERY EPISODE. Hey, maybe the writers can extend this better time-management to a League that's not rushed. (Ya gotta dream big!)

Also of note is that one of a select group of four powerful trainers set an example for young trainers everywhere by using what is essentially a freshly-caught Pokemon in an important battle. Remember kids, you don't need to train things for months before they get strong enough to use in title matches!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well I saw that Honchkrow used Sky Attack.

Then one of his wings glowed and then came back the other way, so i'm thinking U-Turn?
    And ofcourse...Aerial Ace.

I liked the episode. ^^

...My post has finished now. :P

So I finally watched this sucker in its entirety. And I don't know why, but I literally choked on a cookie during the scene where Turtwig was evolving and, along with Ash's other Pokemon, Muku.BIRD was staring dumbfounded with its beak wide open like "OHMYF*CKINGBIRDITSALIVE". Other amusing bird moments in this episode - Mukubird practicing for its audition as a woodpecker by attempting to drill a termite hole in Ash's face.

The stunt with Grotle's new size and weight was pulled before with Bayleef, but this was done in a far more interesting fashion. We've already seen Chimchar and Electabuzz differ from Paul's prickiness when not merely following orders, and it was great seeing it from Torterra, especially since many people don't see Grotle ever making it to the Torterra stage unless Paul exits the picture.

So chalk this up for two victories for Paul and two draws. I know Ash's victory is likely being saved for the league, although I wouldn't mind the writers cutting it out with the battles between the two if only to save him some embarrassment in a saga where his win ratio isn't necessarily stellar.

COLORING ERROR ALERT:
    In the scene where Grotle wakes up and leaves the room only for Chimchar to ask where he's going, when Grotle turns his head his eye is completely green. Oh Kinoshita, you silly girl, you.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

after this ep wheres does this leves paul. is ash sarting to grow on paul a little bit?
    I chose U Charizard

The one thing I didn't like about this episode was Ash's expression when Turtwig evolved. He seemed genuinely horrified.

People make Paul out to seem like this uncaring jerk, but as Juputoru stated before me, I don't believe he is like that around everyone. When it comes down to training styles, Ash and Paul aren't that dissimilar. The only difference between them comes from the fact that Ash believes in backing from friendship while Paul believes that a Pokemon and trainer need to stand on their own two feet.

Furthermore, it irritates me when people suggest that Paul's pokemon would ever leave him, or that the difference in training styles would ever come up in a battle. This interaction with Torterra proves that Paul's Pokemon are aware of the different methods of training, but at the same time, shows that they stick with Paul for whatever reasons they might have. They will not ever leave Paul for those trivial reasons.

Saw this coming, and saw that Grotle was not going to be moving fast due to his weight.

Unlike Bayleef, Grotle can't jump or run. On the other hand, this could possibly change and so if it did, I would be surprised. I'm not seeing it happening though since it appears Grotle accepted what Torterra said and have to change its strategy in battle.
    Last edited by lightdash; 1st November 2008 at 7:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Does trying to kill Grotle with his Honchkrow count as being mean? I mean they really don't show hospital scenes that often (though in DP there have been a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What others said but the glowing wing that had en electrical effect when it hit Turtwig was apparently "Night Slash" there was no wing attack, steel wing, since neither of them had an electrical effect when they hit the opponent.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Night Slash? Hmm... But I don't see it listed on its attack list. I'll check now.

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    Night Slash? Hmm... But I don't see it listed on its attack list. I'll check now.
    Yeah it's a pretty boring animation of night slash, and the only thing different (from steel wing, wing attack) is the electrical effect to it.

I think the reason they went with a glowing attack for night slash is because it might've clashed with Honchkrow's color scheme.

Would we have seen it if Night Slash was portrayed as black glowing attack?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast