Thread: Battle Revolution Ranks?

Hybrid View

Default Battle Revolution Ranks?

When I first got battle revolution I was a noob and didn't know a thing about compedetive battling. As you can guess, I got owned on wifi. Anyway, now I am much better and have a good team with some EV trained pokes (I'm was to exited to use my dragonite and went on wifi before my team was done) and I seem to be facing harder opponents. At first I fought many uber noobs, which I pwned, but now I'm getting some real enemies. The only 2 reasons I can think of are: Uber noobs are stopping playing PBR (I wish...) and, there is a hidden ranking system built in on wifi. People who have higher ranks play eachother. It explains why after you beat a few uber noobs, you stop seeing them. It also explains why people would disconnect, other then just being retards.

I'm not sure whether such a thing exists. Wouldn't it make more sense to have an openly viewable ranking system?

That way you could choose the level you wanted your opponent to be, or something like that.
    Hello?
    I'm going to get an image sig sorted.
    Probably.

Nah, not at all. Just a few days ago I battled some really talented opponents with great strategies and I won about 6 in a row. I was thinking the same thing that maybe I was ranking up or something. Next battle: 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons. So much for wishful thinking...
    A viewable one would be great though
    2010 Phoenix VGC Regionals: Top 8
    2010 USA Nationals: 5th Place
    2010 World Championships: 16th Place

I'm inclined to agree with you. I haven't fought a single n00ber team in about 40-50 battles (Nearest I got was fighting a team of EV trained ubers). In fact, most fights are becoming quite a challenge. Don't know if it's my bad luck or if your idea is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BadIntent View Post
    Nah, not at all. Just a few days ago I battled some really talented opponents with great strategies and I won about 6 in a row. I was thinking the same thing that maybe I was ranking up or something. Next battle: 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons. So much for wishful thinking...
    A viewable one would be great though
    A possible reason you fought 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons is that the person disconnected every time he was close to loosing, causing him to never go down in rank.

Ahh, that could be it. Also I did find this on Nintendo's site for PBR:

"You can also square off against Trainers from around the world using Pokémon Battle Revolution's Wi-Fi Rank system, which pits you against Trainers that have skill levels similar to your own."

Looks like there is some sort of secret rank system going on. Kinda sucks for me though because I have a high win ratio with my newest teams, but I lose a fair share battles with my older teams. I still use them a lot just for fun but it looks like that could be why I battle so many lackluster uber teams...

Or maybe the game is suggesting that I suck?
    Last edited by BadIntent; 2nd November 2008 at 12:22 AM.

I'm not to sure about that theory because I've beaten my fair share of Uber teams, and I've even then I still get trainers with rental Pokemon, but maybe thats just me. I don't think Nintendo would have put a ranking system in anyway, or maybe they did secretly, I'm don't really know.
    WFC:1978 6922 0250

Dunno, but a rank system would be good, you could choose what rank you want to challenge and it would make it a lot easier. This is unrelated, but I also wish, over Wi-Fi, we could have full 6-on-6 battles.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

a ranking system would be cool because you see the the leaders and watch yourself rank up. kinda like online Halo.

hai bh :3

ranking system eh
    good idea
    then on wi fi you could see whos the same rank as you

ranking would be awsome cause then you could beat people you never knew existed before

People, this is about the possibilty of an actual hidden ranking system right now! Not what they should add.

I think there is no need for Ranks... everyone can be good in there own way

Ready for battle D

I think that the n00bers have just gone down in number. I mean; losing over and over again to standard teams when using Ubers must kill their confidence.

There's been a decrease like some you have stated. Prehapes they've started switched tactics is my guess.
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

Hmm, seems like if they had a rank system that you would be able to see it somehow...
    I don't really know though... I'm not very good...
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

If there wasn't ranks, the game would be unfair because unskilled people could be matched up with skilled people, and that would not be a good game experience.
    New FC: 1118-6117-3309

Record is 461-4.
    Don't play Pokemon anymore, except for war battles and requests.
    XBL Gamertag is Deathhawk164.

Epic Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard
    but like how can garchomp be uber.
    Quote Originally Posted by drawbird
    I,ve just faced a trainer with a smeargle which knows DARK VOID (Clearly this person hacked the game or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29
    If he learned U-Turn I would jizz my pants. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk10590 View Post
    If there wasn't ranks, the game would be unfair because unskilled people could be matched up with skilled people, and that would not be a good game experience.
    Yes, but that's how it ends up most of the time. A lot of people criticize PBR for it's lack of an effective ranking system.

There probably is but it probably resets every 48 hours or so. You know so if you get so high in a rank you can't fight anyone.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    I don't poop enough (please do not point out the sheer irony regarding my name). Once every 3 or 4 days or so. Maybe there's something wrong with me but it's been that way all my life.
    Put this in your signature if you hate people calling game rivals by their manga/anime name. (Started by The Elite Trainer)

Lightbulb Baby Einstein

1 .Baby Noah Animal Expedition DVD* A musical introduction to animals around the globe* Features bonus language learning with Spanish, French and English tracks* Includes the music of Beethoven, Mozart and Strauss* Appropriate from 1 year

Well, the ranks don't provide much. But gigantic amounts of rental passes being thrown at you due to the fact you win Stargazer Colosseum and put on the crown and change your title to Poketopia King starts the whole "OMGEE NO WAIY I KNEED DIS PAS" thing. Ugh. Really, doesn't do crap for ya'.
    Wobbuffet for the win.

My PKMN Diamond Team:

I'm not sure if this connects to a wifi ranking system, but one day I just finished a Team Battle at the waterfall colosseum, and when I was being rewarded with points, Anna (the girl with the blue shirt on the menu) said something like, "For your trainer ranking up, you've been rewarded another 1,000." That's not exactly what she said, but it was along those lines.

Please don't bump topics that are over 30 days old... especially ones that are 4 years old :/
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.